PDA

View Full Version : TR moves/weapons you never use

TheBloodRed
25-01-10, 02:35
What are some of the moves/weapons in all the TR games that you never use?

1-5:
-Side wading, using sidestep while surfaced in water, seems pointless and slow.

TRU:
-Shotgun is by far best weapon to use, all others are pointless with it around. Tranq Gun especially is never used and I rarely use theharpoon gun.
-Grenades underwater!? Pointless.
-Its version of adrenaline dodge. I can't even tell you how to use it even if I wanted to.

Spong
25-01-10, 02:58
On weapons, nowadays (and that means Crystal's trilogy) I genuinely use nothing but the pistols. Of Core's games the only TR I used anything else was TR3, the one-handed handgun thing (can't even remember the name LOL) and the rocket launcher against Willard.

ozzman
25-01-10, 03:04
On weapons, nowadays (and that means Crystal's trilogy) I genuinely use nothing but the pistols. Of Core's games the only TR I used anything else was TR3, the one-handed handgun thing (can't even remember the name LOL) and the rocket launcher against Willard.

the one handed handgun is a Desert Eagle (.50 calubur handgun)

in the old games i never used the Pistols, i just wanted to kill as fast as possible to same my med packs, i also never use the TRU tranq gun and the harpoon gun (unless i want to kill the Med sharks in the first two levels,

TheBloodRed
25-01-10, 03:06
I should also mention that in AoD I usually never use ammo needing weapons when I can just spin-kick the enemy to death! xD
(same in Legend too!)

ozzman
25-01-10, 03:16
in AOD i never used stealth, or the tazer, even the Dart gun was kinda useless, but i got a glitch that gave kurtis 777 bullets and 777 paraphant shards, i was like "WTF" yet the extra ammo helped, never happened again though, must have been random, like lara falling through the floor

Vickkyyy
25-01-10, 03:21
What are some of the moves/weapons in all the TR games that you never use?

1-5:
-Side wading, using sidestep while surfaced in water, seems pointless and slow.

TRU:
-Shotgun is by far best weapon to use, all others are pointless with it around. Tranq Gun especially is never used and I rarely use theharpoon gun.
-Grenades underwater!? Pointless.
-Its version of adrenaline dodge. I can't even tell you how to use it even if I wanted to.

:vlol:

michaeldt
25-01-10, 03:26
I never use the harpoon gun or tranquliser gun in TRU, maybe the tranquiliser gun if I just want to get through an enemy really quickly.

ozzman
25-01-10, 03:33
I never use the harpoon gun or tranquliser gun in TRU, maybe the tranquiliser gun if I just want to get through an enemy really quickly.

i only use it on Panthers and tigers cause i LOVE cats, any kind of cat, mostly them ones because they are endangered:D:D:D:D:ton::ton::cln::jmp::);):confuse d::mad::p:ohn::ohn::yah::rolleyes:

Capt. Murphy
25-01-10, 03:33
The Handstand is just for looks and isn't really functional... But I wouldn't get rid of it.

Weapons? I was thinking the Grenade Launcher, but I guess it has it's uses in certain situations.... So, what about the Wide Shotgun Ammo -vs- the Normal Shotgun Ammo? What's the diff? :confused:

I don't know for sure but, I'm guessing the WIDE is more effective at close range? If so, by how much?

TheBloodRed
25-01-10, 03:53
Wide is good against aerial enemies because of increased accuracy, but that is what the revolver is for. :)

Aranara
25-01-10, 04:38
I never use the shotgun in TR Legend. And when I'm in lock-on mode (G) I never use F or Q on an enemy :p I just shoot them and jump over them:D

TheBloodRed
25-01-10, 04:48
Oh gosh! That reminds me of the 3rd person mode in the new games. Nobody ever uses it and controlling the camera directly is a much better version if one wants to look around.

scoopy_loopy
25-01-10, 05:18
I hardly ever use the showy weapons, like the rocket launchers and the grenade launcher. They're fun, but I love jumping around just using the pistols :D

(Although... some of the bosses cause me to turn a blind eye :mis:)

TheBloodRed
25-01-10, 05:31
Why not? Rockets to the face of an Island villager serves justice to the dart now sticking out of your eyeball! That or maybe your finger slipped when he came running at you and you got scared. Heh heh heh... ^_^;;

aileenwuornos
25-01-10, 06:59
The only guns I ever used were the standard brownings & the uzi.

Aranara
25-01-10, 07:01
In Anniversary and Legend the only guns I use are the dual pistols :p
And I never used the Shotgun in Legend nor the grenade launcher :D

ShadyCroft
25-01-10, 07:09
I mainly use the pistols and revolver. Second comes the shotgun. The rest are my least used and least favorite.

hera7days
25-01-10, 09:02
1. Adrenaline dodge in Anniversary. I'm not quick enough.
2. Shotguns. I don't think I've ever liked a shotgun in a video game; they may be powerful, but I always end up wasting bullets.
3. Sidewading

Some other things...
1. Only ever used a harpoon gun in TR2's underwater section
2. Only used the steal attack in AOD in one section of the game (Strahov Fortress, killing the dude up in the control room)
3. In AOD, from Louvre Galleries to... I guess about Monstrum Crimescene, I only use the tazer. It seems the most efficient.
4. The only melee attack I've ever consistently used is the spider-stompin' move in TRU.

marla_biggs
25-01-10, 09:18
There was a tranquilizer gun in Underworld? :confused:

TheBloodRed
27-01-10, 23:56
Remember the HK gun in Chronicles? I found myself only using Burst mode. Sniper is WAYYY too difficult with a keyboard and Rapid mode just wastes ammo! xD