PDA

View Full Version : iPhone Rocks! (BlackBerry suc... is not as good! :P) thread

mike-d
26-01-10, 17:48
Hey! :wve:

Seeing as someone else has made a "BlackBerry rocks! (iPhone sucks!) thread, I have decided to make a pro-iPhone anti-BlackBerry thread! :D

Mods, this is not a war between two users and two threads. This is just a thread for iPhone users who don't like BlackBerries that much :D

Anyway, I recently got a 32GB white iPhone 3GS (factory unlocked) and I love it. Actually, I used to have an iPod touch so it was nothing new when I moved on to the iPhone 3GS. Only difference was that the 3GS was blazing fast! :D

Before buying the phone I was choosing between the iPhone 3GS and a BlackBerry. But the BlackBerry looked bland, it didn't have as good media capabilities (not on par with iPhone), and the web browser was really bad.
And these things matter to me because I am a teenager. And I am baffled when all my friends have BlackBerries, and for what? It's a business phone, it's not for kids! :p

Besides, iPhone has the biggest app store, a built in iPod, and Safari (greatest phone browser ever! :D) And it looks WAY better.

jackles
26-01-10, 17:50
It sounds like exactly the opposite to me. Prove me wrong.

mike-d
26-01-10, 17:52

I don't want to seem stupid, but I didn't quite get what you meant... What were you referring to? :o

EDIT: OK I got it. Well there is really no fight going on between me and the creator of the other thread. I haven't even made contact with him/her.
If he made a thread like that, then why can't I?

lara c. fan
26-01-10, 17:54
I don't want to seem stupid, but I didn't quite get what you meant... What were you referring to? :o

Mods, this is not a war between two users and two threads. This is just a thread for iPhone users who don't like BlackBerries that much :D

That, probably...

tonyme
26-01-10, 17:54
I love my iPhone! :D

jackles
26-01-10, 17:55
Hey! :wve:

Seeing as someone else has made a "BlackBerry rocks! (iPhone sucks!) thread, I have decided to make a pro-iPhone anti-BlackBerry thread! :D

Anyway, I recently got a 32GB white iPhone 3GS (factory unlocked) and I love it. Actually, I used to have an iPod touch so it was nothing new when I moved on to the iPhone 3GS. Only difference was that the 3GS was blazing fast! :D

Before buying the phone I was choosing between the iPhone 3GS and a BlackBerry. But the BlackBerry looked bland, it didn't have as good media capabilities (not on par with iPhone), and the web browser was really bad.
And these things matter to me because I am a teenager. And I am baffled when all my friends have BlackBerries, and for what? It's a business phone, it's not for kids! :p

Besides, iPhone has the biggest app store, a built in iPod, and Safari (greatest phone browser ever! :D) And it looks WAY better.

This.

Because it looks exactly like you are being provocative...now if you were to have a discussion regarding apps or something then that would prove me wrong now wouldn't it?

mike-d
26-01-10, 17:56

EDIT: OK I got it. Well there is really no fight going on between me and the creator of the other thread. I haven't even made contact with him/her.
If he made a thread like that, then why can't I?

Sorry I just quoted it so that you can see it :)

lara c. fan
26-01-10, 17:57
Sorry I just quoted it so that you can see it :)

Look at Jackles new post...

Cochrane
26-01-10, 18:00
Personally, I'm thinking this thread is posted a day too early.

mike-d
26-01-10, 18:01
Look at Jackles new post...

I did :p

Hey I don't intend to start a fight.

However, it would be completely messed up if my thread was closed down and the other one was not.
In principle, the two threads just propose opposite ideas and that is allowed. I mean what kind of forum would it be if it had an "iPhone sucks!" thread, but not an "iPhone rocks!" thread?

In the beginning there will always be some fighting. Go take a look at ALL the other threads that involve opinions. However, this is a discussion thread and it will turn into one with some time, as in other threads :)

jackles
26-01-10, 18:04
Are you missing the point? I said have a discussion about iphones...not a discussion about my post. Now crack on with it.

Vickkyyy
26-01-10, 18:07
LMAO @ this thread! :vlol:

mike-d
26-01-10, 18:08
Are you missing the point? I said have a discussion about iphones...not a discussion about my post. Now crack on with it.

Well sorry your post was pretty provocative (to me, opinion).

Anyways, I would like to ask the iPhone users what messengers they use? :)
I have IM+ :D

Catracoth
26-01-10, 18:09
I don't see any harm being done by making this thread. Consider this an iPhone discussion thread :wve:.

I'm switching to AT&T this April when my contract with T-Mobile expires. Couldn't come soon enough, honestly. Until then, I've got a stupid Sidekick Slide and an amazing iPod Touch to hold me over.

jackles
26-01-10, 18:12

You have a pm mike.

stranger1992
26-01-10, 18:18
Look, just to well...steer clear of the whole petty thread making buisness.

I've just bought from my friend an Ipod Touch. not an iPhone but Im gonna talk about the apps. Some are actually amazing. I reccomend Papertoss, Iroll and iWiki. All really great apps for their own reasons. :)

Cochrane
26-01-10, 18:18

I don't use any messenger, never bothered to look for one. It would have to do AIM, ICQ, Yahoo, MSN and Jabber, be free and use push notification, and I don't think there is such a thing yet.

I do use Twitteriffic and Birdhouse for Twitter, though.

mike-d
26-01-10, 18:23
I don't see any harm being done by making this thread. Consider this an iPhone discussion thread :wve:.

I'm switching to AT&T this April when my contract with T-Mobile expires. Couldn't come soon enough, honestly. Until then, I've got a stupid Sidekick Slide and an amazing iPod Touch to hold me over.

Awww that sucks :S Sorry :) But iPod touch is pretty awesome :D

BTW tomorrow is Apple's creations day or something like that! :D They might reveal a new iPhone and also the Apple Tablet for sure! :D
Can't wait!

BTW is there any difference in graphics between the 3GS and 3G? I know that the 3GS has the more powerful GPU, but shouldn't games be created equal for both platforms?

irjudd
26-01-10, 18:32

I heard an interesting rumor on G4 yesterday that Apple would be tossing themselves upon Verizon as soon as next month. It might be worth an investigation if AT&T still sucks as hard where you are (New York? Tennessee? I swear you've had both locations before so where are you dude?) as they do where I live.

Cochrane
26-01-10, 18:40
I heard an interesting rumor on G4 yesterday that Apple would be tossing themselves upon Verizon as soon as next month. It might be worth an investigation if AT&T still sucks as hard where you are (New York? Tennessee? I swear you've had both locations before so where are you dude?) as they do where I live.

That rumors have been floating around for a long time now. Personally, I'd say AT&T has to suck pretty bad to make it worth creating another hardware version that is pretty much useless outside the US and maybe a few other countries, or adding more (expensive) radio hardware to the normal one. Does AT&T really suck so bad? I've heard the stories, but I've never used it. Here, on T-Mobile (Germany) it works just fine.

Catracoth
26-01-10, 18:40

Drat! I knew I was supposed to catch something on G4 yesterday. I was just watching X-Play last hour and thought about it. I read something about the iPhone losing it's AT&T exclusivity, but I certainly won't be picking it up from Verizon. From everyone I know that has Verizon, they hate it, and those who have AT&T love it. AT&T is the better company where I'm from, followed by Verizon, and then T-Mobile (allegedly). I've only had T-Mobile so I don't really know if I'll find Verizon or AT&T better, but I can get an iPhone with the plan I want from AT&T for the same price a month I pay now for my Sidekick. Verizon wants about $40 more.

tonyme
26-01-10, 18:46

I use eBuddy ;) I think it's the best and the fastest

irjudd
26-01-10, 18:54
That rumors have been floating around for a long time now. Personally, I'd say AT&T has to suck pretty bad to make it worth creating another hardware version that is pretty much useless outside the US and maybe a few other countries, or adding more (expensive) radio hardware to the normal one. Does AT&T really suck so bad? I've heard the stories, but I've never used it. Here, on T-Mobile (Germany) it works just fine.
It appears to depend heavily on what part of the country you are in. As Mason pointed out, AT&T is considered the best where he lives, whereas where I live Verizon has the best service with strong signals and quick data connection and everybody I know that has AT&T wishes they had Verizon because they have poor voice quality, dropped calls abundantly and very slow data transfers.

TombOfRaiders
26-01-10, 19:10
iPhone Rocks! (BlackBerry suc... is not as good! :P) thread

It's the other way round. ;)

Cochrane
26-01-10, 19:16
iPhone Rocks! (BlackBerry suc... is not as good! :P) thread

It's the other way round. ;)

That's not the case in this thread, that's what the other one is for.

It's also not the case in real life either… :D

AmericanAssassin
26-01-10, 19:17
They're both good. I just prefer BlackBerrys. ;) And Verizon, for that matter...

Dennis's Mom
26-01-10, 19:30
I got an iPhone last summer so I could take credit cards at craft fairs. I've been shocked at how darn useful the thing is.

I mean, the ability to get More Cowbell on demand is pretty neat. :D

Because . . . I gotta have more cowbell.

viper456
26-01-10, 19:57
I love love love my iPhone! I don't think I could live without it now haha. From my personal experiences with Blackberry's I have found them rather bland and boring and after all it is aimed at the business men of the world. I have no use for the organisation features whereas my iPhone tailors for my need for stupidity and fun with the mild bit of organisation thrown in. :D suites me fiiine!

tonyme
26-01-10, 19:58
^ Couldn't agree more. :tmb:

Real Life Raider
26-01-10, 20:57
The prime feature of the iPhone is the responsive touch screen.

As an artist I would love to be able to showcase my portfolio on such a device.

The downside of the iPhone is it's reliability. I work part time in tech support for a certain UK cellular network (the first one to get the iPhone) and I see many cases of iPhone software and firmware malfunction each day. I also hear a lot of disgruntled comments from iPhone users.

That's why I chose to upgrade to BlackBerry ;)

Catracoth
26-01-10, 21:05
You call that an upgrade?

The fact is, and it's a fact, the iPhone isn't unreliable. I read an article from Apple awhile back that the main reason for the iPhone's malfunctions are because of the user--either they hack the phone, try to navigate too quickly, or the phone suffered damage which triggered future malfunctions.

I don't mean to sound like an iPhone kiss-ass considering I am indeed a Blackberry fan as well, but all this negative talk about the iPhone can easily be labelled taboo if you know how the iPhone works and it's history.

Cochrane
26-01-10, 21:18
The prime feature of the iPhone is the responsive touch screen.

As an artist I would love to be able to showcase my portfolio on such a device.

The downside of the iPhone is it's reliability. I work part time in tech support for a certain UK cellular network (the first one to get the iPhone) and I see many cases of iPhone software and firmware malfunction each day. I also hear a lot of disgruntled comments from iPhone users.

That's why I chose to upgrade to BlackBerry ;)

Is reliability really worse than with other smartphones, though, compared to how many people use them? I know that "Works for me" is not a valid argument, but all things considered, I know a lot of people with iPhones, but very few reports about problems with them. The only serious problem I witnessed was a cracked screen after one fell (which was odd: I've seen other iPhones and all sorts of normal iPods and iPod touches do similar falls without a problem). So I find this argument hard to believe without some hard numbers.

irjudd
26-01-10, 21:27
...but very few reports about problems with them. ...

Apparently you missed that interesting article about iPhone Syndrome being likened to Stockholme Syndrome.

Catracoth
26-01-10, 21:39
Is reliability really worse than with other smartphones, though, compared to how many people use them? I know that "Works for me" is not a valid argument, but all things considered, I know a lot of people with iPhones, but very few reports about problems with them. The only serious problem I witnessed was a cracked screen after one fell (which was odd: I've seen other iPhones and all sorts of normal iPods and iPod touches do similar falls without a problem). So I find this argument hard to believe without some hard numbers.

"Works for me" is a valid statement in my eyes considering I take into account the opinions of friends when it comes to selecting a new phone since coverage is different where you are. Everyone I know who has an iPhone says it's excellent--that's all I care about. And I witnessed the same problem with the iPhone/iPod--a cracked screen. That seems to be the worst case scenario and if you got a case for the device, you wouldn't have that issue.

And if people are saying the iPhone has horrible reliability, they obviously haven't had a T-Mobile Sidekick.

Cochrane
26-01-10, 21:53
Apparently you missed that interesting article about iPhone Syndrome being likened to Stockholme Syndrome.

You do realize that according to The Big Book Of Unwritten Rules of the Internet, this can be considered border-line trolling? :D

Anyway, no, I don't recall any such article specifically. I do recall articles that essentially say:
There are reports of people who have issues with their iPhone. There are others reporting that they have no such issues. This conclusively proves that Apple users are unreasonable fanboys.
Those are certainly nice for writers who get paid per clicks on their articles, but of limited use for a civil discussion about the varying pros and cons of various phones and/or internet communication devices.

If the one you are talking about is substantially different, I'd like to read it.

irjudd
26-01-10, 21:58
I'll let you be the judge. Here's the one I was talking about http://www.strandreports.com/sw4031.asp

Catracoth
26-01-10, 22:08
Those are certainly nice for writers who get paid per clicks on their articles, but of limited use for a civil discussion about the varying pros and cons of various phones and/or internet communication devices.

Couldn't agree more. I find it hilarious how these online tech-digest people actually get paid to slander the opinions of others. Looks like my aspiration of being a journalist might be easier than I thought.

lara c. fan
26-01-10, 22:11
I'll let you be the judge. Here's the one I was talking about http://www.strandreports.com/sw4031.asp

That was a good read ^_^
Cheers Judd :)

Dark Lugia 2
26-01-10, 22:14
I never did get the Iphone hate bandwagon. Maybe its tied to the Apple/Mac hate bandwagon. :rolleyes:

My mate has an Iphone and its amazing! Its more than just a phone, which is why people buy it :p Apple have done a good job with the Iphone and the appstore.

The only downside I can see is that theres already a third gen version so soon after its first release, but business is business.

As for Blackberrys, they look great and are recognised as quality phones - which they are from what I've seen :D I've not had enough experience with both to compare though.

TombRaiderFan.
26-01-10, 22:37
The Palm Pre(Sprint) and the Palm Pre Plus(Verizon) is the best phone EVER!!!:D

It's got everything. :p

Catracoth
26-01-10, 22:38
Get out.

Cochrane
26-01-10, 22:42

Yes, that is exactly the kind of article I was talking about. I mean, take a look. That article never even bothers to say what the parallels between the Stockholm Syndrome and its "iPhone Syndrome are". It just says "seems similar to us". That's not an argument.

It goes on to list various points and then various replies. At no point does it bother to look at either of them. Some of the points are questionable, some of the answers are actually valid points, but the impression given is that all the points are valid and that all the answers are unreasonable. Additionally, some of the answers seem to be deliberately chosen to be idiotic (the iPhone has a good camera? Who on earth thinks that?), and of course, it fails to neglect that a lot of iPhone users actually did voice concerns about some of the issues.

Last but not least, look at who wrote this. It's some consulting company which has no apparent experience in psychology, which offers only rather vague reports and which nobody has ever heard about before. They also offer another report about the iPhone for free if you give them your immortal soul and/or email address.

All that smells "write something quick to grab attention" to me.

Maybe there are similarities between people suffering from the Stockholm syndrome and iPhone users. Personally, I doubt it, but I don't know enough psychology to say for sure. But that article doesn't prove anything.

Catracoth
26-01-10, 22:43
If anything, that article highlights the vapidity and ignorance of some people.

Cochrane
26-01-10, 22:44
If anything, that article highlights the vapidity and ignorance of some people.

Well, that's its almost-stated goal. The question is just of whom…

Catracoth
26-01-10, 22:51
Well, my negative stance on humanity just grew stronger. You know, let me tell you something. The fact is, people speak ill of the iPhone out of pure jealousy, and I've seen proof of this time and time again. Jealousy as in they can't afford the iPhone or they're not with AT&T, or (if they're a teen) they already have a cell phone and their parents won't let them upgrade.

Then there are the substantial opinions that the iPhone is overrated, and I can honestly empathize with those people. I mean, for the general person, a phone that does everything plus more isn't necessary. All you need is a phone that allows you to call people and perhaps send messages. But if you appreciate and enjoy the bonuses of the iPhone, then that's fine and dandy.

But if your case is as stated above, there's no need to go gung-ho and slander the iPhone just because you fail to see a need for all the stuff it offers. "Oh who needs apps that do this and that? etc. etc." That's fine and dandy, but shut the Hell up. You don't like the iPhone, good for you. That doesn't give you the right to badmouth it, especially if you haven't used it--you're just saying you hate it and it's horrible to better the reputation of your phone.

Well I say FAIL to you. EPIC FAIL.

TombRaiderFan.
26-01-10, 22:52
Get out.

And....you are who again?....:rolleyes:

Catracoth
26-01-10, 22:53
It was a joke. Jesus, untwist your knickers. And I'm Mason, if you must know. It's your honour to meet me :).

TombRaiderFan.
26-01-10, 22:57
It was a joke. Jesus, untwist your knickers. And I'm Mason, if you must know. It's your honour to meet me :).

Well nice to meet you (I guess) I just wish you weren't so rude to me like you have been in this thread and others, considering I haven't done anything to you. But then again I don't care what you do. That's your life. :) Just avoid being rude towards me.

Cochrane
26-01-10, 22:59
Well nice to meet you (I guess) I just wish you weren't so rude to me like you have been in this thread and others, considering I haven't done anything to you. But then again I don't care what you do. That's your life. :) Just avoid being rude towards me.

For what it's worth, it was you who came in with an obviously controversial statement in bold and large font, and without any explanation why you thought so. Honestly, what kind of reply did you expect?

Catracoth
26-01-10, 23:00
For what it's worth, it was you who came in with an obviously controversial statement in bold and large font, and without any explanation why you thought so. Honestly, what kind of reply did you expect?

Too right.

You say you don't care what I do, then tell me what not to do? I'm not rude, I'm straightforward. I tell it like it is, and that's how it always is with me. Now, if you wish to continue this disagreement, feel free to take it up via PMs. Otherwise, get back on topic :wve:.

I personally can't wait until April so I can leave the utter crap service--I mean, T-Mobile. If I had the money, I'd submit to an early cancellation.

TombRaiderFan.
26-01-10, 23:03

Well, that was my opinion about it. Aside from a bigger app catalog, the Palm Pre can do whatever the IPhone can and it can multitask. There you go, some facts to back up my OPINION. :wve:

Catracoth
26-01-10, 23:05
Well, that was my opinion about it. Aside from a bigger app catalog, the Palm Pre can do whatever the IPhone can and it can multitask. There you go, some facts to back up my OPINION. :wve:

Good for you. But this is the iPhone thread, not the Palm Pre thread. And while we're speaking about said device, the Palm Pre is unattractive and unappealing if you ask me. Now, getting back on topic which is discussing the iPhone and nothing else...

TombRaiderFan.
26-01-10, 23:08
^ Really? I wonder what the word "blackberry" is doing in the title then....I guess it must be a typo, since as you clearly stated, this is solely to discuss the IPhone.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Have a fun time discussing the IPhone.

Cheers. :)

Catracoth
26-01-10, 23:09
If you'd bother to go back to the first page, you'd see that the original means of this thread was to counteract that of the " the Blackberry is better than the iPhone thread" so it was basically changed to discuss the iPhone in general.

Cochrane
26-01-10, 23:13

Fair enough, although I'd argue that the iPhone does the things the Pre does better (except multi-tasking, of course). Also, I'm not sure how well the Pre does with 3D heavy stuff such as games, do you know more about that?

But you know what really ****es me off? Opinions. Now, not opinions in general, but the internet interpretation. Here, people (like you) seem to think that "it's my opinion" means "don't question it". Well, sorry, that's not how it works. You can't just come in here, say something that you know (unless you are stupid) people will object to, and then say "don't object to it, it's my opinion". Well, obviously you can, but it doesn't work like that. I reserve the right to pick any of your statements apart, whether you point out that they are just your opinion or not, because something being an opinion does not make it right, nor does it put it beyond discussion.

And this is all just my opinion, of course.

TombRaiderFan.
26-01-10, 23:18
Fair enough, although I'd argue that the iPhone does the things the Pre does better (except multi-tasking, of course). Also, I'm not sure how well the Pre does with 3D heavy stuff such as games, do you know more about that?

Very smooth in fact. I've got the Sims3 and Need for Speed: Undercover running in mine very nicely. Just yesterday AC was added to the App Catalog. Gameloft and EA Movile keep on adding 3D games to the Pre now that it supports it. :)

http://www.precentral.net/palm-brings-games-native-development
http://www.precentral.net/assassins-creed-hits-webos#comments

Squibbly
26-01-10, 23:18
I personally think the iPhone is better. I have a couple of friends with Blackberry's, and they're always cursing at them wishing they never got it. :p But of course, as with everything, it's different for everyone.

Catracoth
26-01-10, 23:21
I wonder why, Squibbly? Blackberries seem like quality phones, except for those damn trackballs. Thank God they changed to touchpads this time round. Although, a friend of mine loves hers but she swears the service is utter crap. Then again, she does have T-Mobile :whi:...

Squibbly
26-01-10, 23:27
I wonder why, Squibbly? Blackberries seem like quality phones, except for those damn trackballs. Thank God they changed to touchpads this time round. Although, a friend of mine loves hers but she swears the service is utter crap. Then again, she does have T-Mobile :whi:...

From what my friends have said, they don't normally come with big internal memories, and they're not the all-in-one device some people are after. Their entire app store implementation is clunky and takes forever to load anything. My friends also don't like the mobile browser, they much prefer an HTML browser (like the iPhones).

Catracoth
26-01-10, 23:31
From what my friends have said, they don't normally come with big internal memories, and they're not the all-in-one device some people are after. Their entire app store implementation is clunky and takes forever to load anything. My friends also don't like the mobile brower, instead of an HTML browser (like the iPhones).

Same thing I read about the devices on CNET. If memory serves me, you have to dish out an extra $80 for a sufficient memory unit for the device. I don't see why one can't be included in the first place. And honestly, I don't care what anyone says, the Internet on a Blackberry is slow even with Verizon's alleged "high speed service." It's significantly faster than a T-Mobile Blackberry's Internet, but still slow when compared to that of an iPhone.

As for the apps, it's excellent that you can get all the apps you want directly from iTunes which is sleek, organized, and easy to navigate through. And the iPhone's size is generous--I have a 32GB iPod Touch and even with 2k+ songs and 400+ videos, and a smorgasbord of applications and photos, I still have a good 8GB remaining. I imagine the 32GB iPhone I plan on getting will be the same, but perhaps a little less because of the preloaded features (SMS, Camera, and Phone).

irjudd
27-01-10, 00:03
I really, really wanted a Palm Pre when it first came out, but alas I wasn't willing to use Sprint. But I'll definitely check out the Pre Plus at a Verizon store.

As far as the iPhone hate goes, I think it partly comes down to hating anything that's in your face like the iPhone has been, and partly hatred for Apple, Inc ahead of time.

I don't like it for basically the same reasons I don't like Macintosh computers, but those reasons don't really matter to anyone but me.

Catracoth
27-01-10, 00:04
What do you mean by "in your face?"

KC Mraz
27-01-10, 01:09
I don't have an iPhone , but I do have an iPod touch. If the iPhone is anything like it, it probably does rock. App Store = <3.

Catracoth
27-01-10, 01:23
Oh it does KC. A friend of mine just got it and she let me play around with it for a bit and it's absolutely fantastic :tmb:.

Ikas90
27-01-10, 01:29
I've had my iPhone for just over a month and I Less Than Three it.

What I'm scared of though, is getting huge bills when I use it overseas. The whole reason I got the iPhone was for a tool to use overseas. Being able to look at Google Maps in unfamiliar cities, etc.

mike-d
27-01-10, 13:31
I don't have an iPhone , but I do have an iPod touch. If the iPhone is anything like it, it probably does rock. App Store = <3.

It's exactly the same! :p

Cochrane
27-01-10, 21:27

It's the same, only better. :D Seriously, an iPod touch rocks as it is, but the constant internet connection of an iPhone raises it to yet another level.

mike-d
10-04-10, 21:52
Hey anyone saw OS 4?

Check it out at http://www.engadget.com/

tonyme
10-04-10, 21:55
Already posted, but thanks:)

Fdx Croft
10-04-10, 22:03
IPhone... it looks so beautiful... and it's so expensive (at least in my country hahaha)

I'd love to have one (besides my actual cellphone is about to die :()

Would someone tell me if possible why should I buy one? I mean, if someone could write all the benefits and great apps it has... I'd really appreciate it...

By the way, a classmate has a Blackberry... and it's not my style, definitely

Cheers :D

tonyme
10-04-10, 22:04
^ Best phone ever, well basically because it looks amazing and it's so fun to use, the touch screen is awesome. The camera's great, the messaging interface is awesome (conversation-style) and it's got great apps like eBuddy, Facebook, etc to stay online on the go and awesome games, etc.;)

Cochrane
10-04-10, 22:49
IPhone... it looks so beautiful... and it's so expensive (at least in my country hahaha)

I'd love to have one (besides my actual cellphone is about to die :()

Would someone tell me if possible why should I buy one? I mean, if someone could write all the benefits and great apps it has... I'd really appreciate it...

By the way, a classmate has a Blackberry... and it's not my style, definitely

Cheers :D

Actually, a new iPhone is very likely to come out this summer so I would not buy one just yet.

Catracoth
10-04-10, 22:51
I'll be getting my iPhone 3GS sometime between the 16th and the 20th.

Sgt BOMBULOUS
10-04-10, 23:17
Great for those who have no need of multitasking, longer battery life, or a 5 MP Camera...

http://cdn.mashable.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/nexusone-vs-droid.jpg

lararoxs
10-04-10, 23:21
Great for those who have no need of multitasking, longer battery life, or a 5 MP Camera...

Hasn't there just been an update for mulitasking on the iPhone?

Anyway - I wouldn't mind owning an iPhone, but at the moment it's not at the top of my list. :)

Catracoth
10-04-10, 23:58

http://cdn.mashable.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/nexusone-vs-droid.jpg

That's actually not accurate considering the iPhone 3GS comes in 32GB as well.

Weemanply109
11-04-10, 00:01
My mum has the BlackBerry Storm. Its amazingly fast but some of the UI is really ugly and Camera is slow.

I'd choose Iphone over BlackBerry anyday, mainly because the apps :)

[img]http://cdn.mashable.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/nexusone-vs-droid.jpg[img]

Iphone has 32Gb and now has Multitasking and much more features now.

It beats the rest of the phones in that picture and any other phone you can think of. (Most)

Tony9595
11-04-10, 00:14
I use eBuddy ;) I think it's the best and the fastest

Yeah, and it's free :D

Cochrane
11-04-10, 08:18
Multitasking is coming this summer. As for the camera, I think everybody who thinks he needs a 5 MP camera in his cell phone is mistaken. If you want good pictures, buy a real camera, for heaven’s sake. Even a small compact will do better pictures than any phone.

Hasn't there just been an update for mulitasking on the iPhone?
Not for the unwashed masses. Apple has announced that such an update is coming this summer, and registered iPhone developers can already get a beta (which is awesome).

Goose
11-04-10, 08:37
I always figured the blackberry was something used by businessmen/women who need to do 100 things in the office, whilst outside the office. As a phone/entertainment device it doesnt stand a chance against the Iphone.

On my iphone i can do any note taking needed, set dates, maps all the usual stuff, but its also a mini games console to. Iv got awesome games like Monkey island, doom, wolfenstein 3d, broken sword: shadow of the templars, duke nukem 3d, simon the sourcerer and many more, all with full sound (in MI case updated graphics and voiceovers). If im bored of playing games on the train i can just watch a movie instead, was watching 'taxi driver' on my phone the other day. And of course the messangers and youtube/internet stuff is all there.

If the blackberry had all that it would be a far better purchase. Besides, buttons on a keypad is oldschool now! It just wastes screen space!

tonyme
11-04-10, 20:23
Yeah, and it's free :D

I had to pay for the Pro version (Ad-free)

pneboy
11-04-10, 21:08
could someone help me, i tried to fix my friends iphone but ****ed it up, if i turn it on the apple logo and the little spinning thing freeze, i cant put it into recovery mode and thats about all it does

Cochrane
11-04-10, 22:01
could someone help me, i tried to fix my friends iphone but ****ed it up, if i turn it on the apple logo and the little spinning thing freeze, i cant put it into recovery mode and thats about all it does

Connect it to the computer. Report back what it does, in as much detail as possible.

Also, what exactly needed fixing about it, and how exactly did you try to fix it?

pneboy
12-04-10, 00:59
Connect it to the computer. Report back what it does, in as much detail as possible.

Also, what exactly needed fixing about it, and how exactly did you try to fix it?

if its off and i connect it to the computer it just comes up with the apple logo and thats it, like it does stand alone

the apps where crashing as soon as it was opened, so i googled it and it said to do a system restore on it

tonyme
12-04-10, 09:26
Yes, just enter to iTunes, wait til it recognizes it and perform a BackUp.;)

Cochrane
12-04-10, 09:34
if its off and i connect it to the computer it just comes up with the apple logo and thats it, like it does stand alone

the apps where crashing as soon as it was opened, so i googled it and it said to do a system restore on it

I don’t want to be rude here, but I said "as much detail as possible" for a reason. If you connect it to your computer, what does iTunes show and tell you? If you try a system restore again, what happens?

My guess is that you need to set your iPhone to DFU mode. Google for instructions on how to do that, but don’t blame me if that does not help.

Edit to add: Some of the instructions say something about an archive or a firmware or some other sort of file. Ignore that, you do not need it. Just follow the button presses and connect the device to iTunes.

Catracoth
31-05-10, 23:57
It's been over a month since I've had my iPhone 3GS and I couldn't be happier with this device. Out of the five cell phones I've had, this is the best.

TombRaider4444
01-06-10, 20:37
When iPhone "HD" comes out the new list will say find me a blackberry or android phone that has 720 p recording and playback, multitasking video conferencing capabilities and oh yes, multitasking - Multitasking has been confirmed and within the 4.0 beta is strings for hd recording which deff means hd playback on a bigger 960x640 and the front facing camera has been confirmed in the dvt iphone 'HD" found.

almayah
01-06-10, 20:39

you go girl! :D
I really don't see the purpose of this thread :rolleyes:
Isn't it easier to JUST post it in the phone thread, where it belongs?

tonyme
01-06-10, 20:41
I find it so hard to part ways with my iPhone! Although it's not the 3G or 3GS, I still find it the most amazing phone ever (3.0 software)

ECB
02-06-10, 00:29
I loved my iPhone and I love my Blackberry... sooo where do I stand?

mike-d
11-06-10, 13:36
I loved my iPhone and I love my Blackberry... sooo where do I stand?

LOL I dunno start a new thread!

Anway anyone saw the iPhone 4? (like duh!! of course you did, but why the hell aren't you discussing it?)

It's got the Retina Display (basically an IPS LCD with invisible pixels) that has a resolution of 960 by 640! :eek: That's amazing!

Plus it has the A4 processor. That's 1GHz. And a 5MP camera.

Now really, a while back, Apple's iPhone sucked technologically and technically. But now iPhone is back on top with technology, and we can easily say that the iPhone is THE best cell phone out there! :D

TombOfRaiders
11-06-10, 15:12
There's no phone that is better than the other, it's all opinion-based.

Anyway, I love my iPhone and my Blackberry. :p

Catracoth
11-06-10, 16:17
Why do you have two phones, especially at the age of 14?

lara c. fan
11-06-10, 16:19
Why do you have two phones, especially at the age of 14?

Because he's flamin' rich.

mike-d
11-06-10, 21:51
Because he's flamin' rich.

That's not a nice thing to say ;)

Anyway I meant that iPhone fans can now say that iPhone is the best phone out there :D I know it's an opinion, but it's backed by numerous facts.

lara c. fan
11-06-10, 21:53
That's not a nice thing to say ;)

Anyway I meant that iPhone fans can now say that iPhone is the best phone out there :D I know it's an opinion, but it's backed by numerous facts.

But he is! D:

Anyway, I really want an iPhone, but apart from buying them PAYG for like £200-£300, there's no way I can get one D:

mike-d
11-06-10, 21:58
But he is! D:

Anyway, I really want an iPhone, but apart from buying them PAYG for like £200-£300, there's no way I can get one D:

But it's not nice to talk about one's financial status ;)
BTW I'm 14 too :)

Wana b like Lara
11-06-10, 22:37
I think the Blackberry is quite good, although the iPhone has it's advantages in media/entertainment wise ..

But the BB is mostly communication central! :D As you said you are a teenager, (as am I) It has full MSN, Facebook and BB chat. Since all your friends have one (it would be like MSN Again! :D) Oh and internet is free.

So all in all .. If your the chatty type you should have gone for the BB! :tmb:

But iPhone, is an iPod + phone calls! :D So yeah, you can play, talk and listnen to music .. Better apps && Stufff! :D :tmb: iPhone is much more fun!

For me? I would be getting the BB. Sorry didn't mean to bash anything or over-dramatise things but it's my view! :) ;DDD

mike-d
12-06-10, 14:11
I think the Blackberry is quite good, although the iPhone has it's advantages in media/entertainment wise ..

But the BB is mostly communication central! :D As you said you are a teenager, (as am I) It has full MSN, Facebook and BB chat. Since all your friends have one (it would be like MSN Again! :D) Oh and internet is free.

So all in all .. If your the chatty type you should have gone for the BB! :tmb:

But iPhone, is an iPod + phone calls! :D So yeah, you can play, talk and listnen to music .. Better apps && Stufff! :D :tmb: iPhone is much more fun!

For me? I would be getting the BB. Sorry didn't mean to bash anything or over-dramatise things but it's my view! :) ;DDD

It's fine :) Actually the thing is, in my country BB messenger service costs like $40 a month and it comes with an internet service. So that's not free AT ALL :p

So I got the iPhone because it is more media-centric and I like Apple's products and Apple itself.

ECB
12-06-10, 15:11
Pre ordering my iPhone Tuesday! I honestly can't wait! :jmp:

mike-d
12-06-10, 18:05
Pre ordering my iPhone Tuesday! I honestly can't wait! :jmp:

iPhone 4? That's great man! Post some pics when you get it :D Hope you like it :hug:

ECB
13-06-10, 03:08
iPhone 4? That's great man! Post some pics when you get it :D Hope you like it :hug:

Thank you! :hug:

I had the first one when it first came out, but the AppStore wasn't introduced until the day I got my blackberry! :vlol: I guess that's some irony. :p