PDA

View Full Version : "Homey"Prisons

swimfanc42tr
17-10-03, 01:06
Now this is just crazy..
Prison Scoop (http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/crime/story.jsp?story=452417)

Does anyone think it's possible??

egyptspy
17-10-03, 01:25
:rolleyes:

Making them "homey" would pretty much defeat the purpose of having jail. People will then be doing more crimes because, if they get in jail, who cares? It won't be a punishment. And for some people, jail will probably be better than their real home. Then people will be doing crimes to get in jail, because, also, it's paid for by the government, not by the criminal.

Genocide
17-10-03, 03:02
if it were up to me id throw em' in a great big dark damp dungeon!!
if you ask me we should bring back the death sentance (where applicable)-especially the really good ones, like public hangings, beheadings and bieng burnt alive on the stake! not lethal injections...they dont even suffer for gods sake!!
they should pay dearly for thier crimes!
also if they get a life sentence-it should be for life!!! and they should all be chained to a wall untill they die!!
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/violent.gif
im sick really arnt I

[ 17. October 2003, 04:04: Message edited by: Genocide ]

chocco
17-10-03, 09:44
Originally posted by egyptspy:
:rolleyes:

Making them "homey" would pretty much defeat the purpose of having jail. People will then be doing more crimes because, if they get in jail, who cares? It won't be a punishment. And for some people, jail will probably be better than their real home. Then people will be doing crimes to get in jail, because, also, it's paid for by the government, not by the criminal.Well said Egyptspy!
It'll end up turning into some holiday camp and the world will be a worse place.

PSone
17-10-03, 10:08
IMHO jails are cushy enough already :rolleyes:
If I had my way, jails would be tiny little cells with a toilet and a fold down bed. No windows of course. And there wouldn't be "out" time. You can do gym in your own damn cell. 2 Meals a day would suffice. And drug addicts would be chained to their bed and weened of the cr@p cold turkey.

dmc444
17-10-03, 12:11
Quote:- "New prisons chief calls for more caring, 'less scary' jails"

As usual people have the same knee-jerk reaction to a statement like this. This is a political statement made to justify his job.