PDA

View Full Version : Apple Unveils New Tablet Computer - The iPad

Real Life Raider
27-01-10, 19:10
Apple chief executive Steve Jobs has unveiled his new touchscreen computer called the iPad.

FULL STORY (http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Technology/Apple-Boss-Steve-Jobs-Unveils-New-Tablet-Computer-Called-The-iPad/Article/201001415537053?lpos=Technology_First_Technology_A rticle_Teaser_Region__0&lid=ARTICLE_15537053_Apple_Boss_Steve_Jobs_Unveils _New_Tablet_Computer_Called_The_iPad)

Now I'm normally quite sceptical of Apple products but this does look interesting, and the 3G version looks very interesting.

I look forward to seeing one in action!

Antonio
27-01-10, 19:23
And Steve strike again! It looks cool I wonder if I can use this like tablet so I can draw and at same time listen songs.:cln:

Aranara
27-01-10, 19:24
My sister showed this to me this morning.
My Dan wants to buy one ASAP :p

Johnnay
27-01-10, 19:26
no iPhone OS 4.0 unveiling

Apple will die

but this product is just a better version of a iPod Touch

differences between it an a iPod Touch are

Wireless N(although the 3rd Gen iPod Touch has it, its one of those pay to unlock features( refering to the next OS))

3G Internet Data

it costs 700 dollars for a 64GB Model and 130 more of you want 3G to it

it has a 9.7 inch screen

no point buying it bascially..... 4G iPhone will come out this year and we will see who wins

irjudd
27-01-10, 19:42
And Steve strike again! It looks cool I wonder if I can use this like tablet so I can draw and at same time listen songs.:cln:

Nope, doesn't look like it! It's been confirmed that this product cannot multitask. Meaning you can only run one application at a time.

Phys
27-01-10, 19:44
Wow this looks amazing o_o Never tried/used a Mac but this looks great!

TRhalloween
lol reminds me of Mad TV's "iPad".

Sgt BOMBULOUS
Wee!!! A gigantic iPhone, how exciting!!!

:pi:

mau3genius
27-01-10, 19:47
That looks cool. But I'm starting to hate the constant blue jeans/black turtle neck image Steve Jobs portrays. Too messy for the amount of money he has imo :pi:

Saphyre
27-01-10, 19:52
The iPad (don't really like the name) looks like an iPhone because apple want it to fit in with the rest of their hardware lineups. My iMac has the black/silver thing going on too.

I'm not really fussed about it to be honest, the no multi tasking really has put me off. The only things I use out of Apple's lineup so far are the Desktop/Laptop computers and the iPods. I'll probably get an iPhone next.

Johnnay
27-01-10, 19:52
does anyone think Apple is going to get sued over the name "iPad"( that is, if any other company has used it/or is using it)

viper456
27-01-10, 19:55
Omg they SO didn't call it that!!!!

WK2drIylnDw

L M F A O omg as if!

Catracoth
27-01-10, 19:59
no iPhone OS 4.0 unveiling

Told ya so :ton:.

HappyShannon
27-01-10, 20:02

WK2drIylnDw

L M F A O omg as if!

:vlol: That is amazing

Cochrane
27-01-10, 20:06
Nope, doesn't look like it! It's been confirmed that this product cannot multitask. Meaning you can only run one application at a time.
The lack of multi-tasking is an issue, certainly, but all iPhones and iPod touches can play music in the background while doing other stuff, you know…

Melonie Tomb Raider
27-01-10, 20:07
Too bad it's not a graphics tablet as well, like a Wacom. I'd probably buy one if that were the case. :p

jamieoliver22
27-01-10, 20:09
Wee!!! A gigantic iPhone, how exciting!!!

:pi:

Pretty much, this.

lara c. fan
27-01-10, 20:10
My Dan wants to buy one ASAP :p

Talking about me?
Or did you mean Dad? :p

Antonio
27-01-10, 20:33

I'm not surprised, it is copy of iPod only the bigger one. I bet that iPad can run only games the same as the one on iPod.

Phys
27-01-10, 20:39
does anyone think Apple is going to get sued over the name "iPad"( that is, if any other company has used it/or is using it)

The 'iPhone' name has already been used multiple times before Apple used it for their touch screen mobile phone:

On September 3, 1993, Infogear filed for the U.S. trademark "I PHONE"[156] and on March 20, 1996 applied for the trademark "IPhone".[157] "I Phone" was registered in March 1998,[156] and "IPhone" was registered in 1999.[157] Since then, the I PHONE mark had been abandoned.[156] Infogear's trademarks cover "communications terminals comprising computer hardware and software providing integrated telephone, data communications and personal computer functions" (1993 filing),[156] and "computer hardware and software for providing integrated telephone communication with computerized global information networks" (1996 filing).[158] Infogear released a telephone with an integrated web browser under the name iPhone in 1998.[159] In 2000, Infogear won an infringement claim against the owners of the iphones.com domain name.[160] In June 2000, Cisco Systems acquired Infogear, including the iPhone trademark.[161] On December 18, 2006 they released a range of re-branded Voice over IP (VoIP) sets under the name iPhone.[162]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iphone#Intellectual_property

Squibbly
27-01-10, 21:02
The iPad is really just a big iPod Touch that you can draw on with your finger... it has no pen support! And it can't even multitask. Booooo!

Cochrane
27-01-10, 21:30
The iPad is really just a big iPod Touch that you can draw on with your finger... it has no pen support! And it can't even multitask. Booooo!

And (assuming that nobody forces you to buy one) this hurts you how?

irjudd
27-01-10, 21:45
Is that a subtle way of saying "if you don't love it, gtfo"?

woody543
27-01-10, 21:48
I love it, but what does it do that an ipod touch doesn't?

It's just an overweight touch...?

I mean it doesn't have a word processor or anything... usefull and when would I use it?

Squibbly
27-01-10, 21:50
And (assuming that nobody forces you to buy one) this hurts you how?

Just stating what I think of the iPad. That's normally how a forum works. That hurts you how?

xXhayleyroxXx
27-01-10, 21:51
it looks....sexy :p

woody543
27-01-10, 21:57
it looks....sexy :p

Oh most definitley, If I was given one I would love it, but I wouldn't spend money on it, unless I had lots of money...

xXhayleyroxXx
27-01-10, 21:59
Oh most definitley, If I was given one I would love it, but I wouldn't spend money on it, unless I had lots of money...

same :p wishful thinking hehe xxx

Cochrane
27-01-10, 22:00
Is that a subtle way of saying "if you don't love it, gtfo"?
No. It's not subtle. :D

More seriously, though:

Just stating what I think of the iPad. That's normally how a forum works. That hurts you how?
Sorry for the harsh response, I'm just not too happy with people coming in, stating "I don't like it" and leaving it at that. A forum is, after all, not a place where people just state their opinions, but rather a place to discuss things.

So what is your specific problem? It is an oversized iPod touch. Nothing wrong with that as far as I'm concerned, especially as it uses a very different interface in a lot of places thanks to the larger screen. As far as I can tell, it can do a lot of things a lot better than the traditional iPod just because of the screen space. On the other hand, the lack of background applications will be more noticeable here.

No pen is better for most applications, because there's no pen you have to try and keep track off. The one case where pens are better is drawing stuff. I don't get the impression that Apple is trying to sell this as an artist's device, though —*but it's certainly fair to say that it is useless as an artist's device.

I love it, but what does it do that an ipod touch doesn't?

It's just an overweight touch...?

I mean it doesn't have a word processor or anything... usefull and when would I use it?
You can install Pages, which is a word processor, and if it's anything like the Mac version, a pretty good one at that as well. It does not have as many business features as Word, but makes it easier to make prettier documents.

More generally, it gives you space. Browsing the web on an iPod touch is possible, but not a whole lot of fun when it all comes down to it. Same thing goes for watching videos, organizing lots of data and the like. The iPad will do a lot better at those things.

irjudd
27-01-10, 22:05
I don't understand this device for the following reasons:

It's supposed to fit into a niche between smartphones and notebooks, according to Steve. But I don't see how it could. It's far too big to be conveniently portable like a phone or MP3 player; the lack of multitasking, flash, and storage make it way too weak and limited to be like a laptop. What possible circumstances could warrant this device is what I'm wondering. It's not trying to replace either phones or laptops, but yet phones and laptops both can do what this device can only better. So what's the point?

Squibbly
27-01-10, 22:06
Sorry for the harsh response, I'm just not too happy with people coming in, stating "I don't like it" and leaving it at that. A forum is, after all, not a place where people just state their opinions, but rather a place to discuss things.

So what is your specific problem? It is an oversized iPod touch. Nothing wrong with that as far as I'm concerned, especially as it uses a very different interface in a lot of places thanks to the larger screen. As far as I can tell, it can do a lot of things a lot better than the traditional iPod just because of the screen space. On the other hand, the lack of background applications will be more noticeable here.

No pen is better for most applications, because there's no pen you have to try and keep track off. The one case where pens are better is drawing stuff. I don't get the impression that Apple is trying to sell this as an artist's device, though —*but it's certainly fair to say that it is useless as an artist's device.

I did state why I thought it wasn't very fantastic. I don't need to write a book about it.

I generally avoid threads that have something to do with a topic I'm not interested in or do not like, and in this case I didn't come in here saying "iPad's SUCK! Ayone who uses them are idiots!". I just wrote why I don't like them, as did other people, so not sure why I was singled out.

And what Judd just said. They're just kind of useless to me.

woody543
27-01-10, 22:10
It just seems a bit too basic for me, if it had a desktop os, or at least something more complex, like a net book but pad size, rather than an Ipod touch pad size, Especially considering the price, and because it's apple.

Also wondering the UK price, the cheapest is $499 which when converted at the moment is £310 (ish) so then when apple decide to rip us off it should cost about £400

They should have included a version of iWork that way documents can be transferred between this and their main Mac, it would also allow people to run presentations off Keynote from the tablet. Looking at it from a business perspective aswell as from a casual perspective. ----edit--- So yeah you can buy a portable version of Keynote from the itunes store, but all this means more and more money added onto the top.

_Awestruck_
27-01-10, 22:26
I'll wait for their tablet laptop.

Not impressed with this. I'm actually pretty disappointed.

Cochrane
27-01-10, 22:40
I don't understand this device for the following reasons:

It's supposed to fit into a niche between smartphones and notebooks, according to Steve. But I don't see how it could. It's far too big to be conveniently portable like a phone or MP3 player; the lack of multitasking, flash, and storage make it way too weak and limited to be like a laptop. What possible circumstances could warrant this device is what I'm wondering. It's not trying to replace either phones or laptops, but yet phones and laptops both can do what this device can only better. So what's the point?

Not having used one myself, I have really no idea right now either, you know. My guess is that it's for the cases where you need something that can access the internet in your living room, but neither want the small screen size of a smartphone nor need the functionality of a real laptop.

Essentially, it tries to solve the same problems that netbooks try to solve, but coming at it from an entirely different direction, being a more limited, but also more focused device. A netbook can do more in theory, of course, having multi-tasking and a real(ish) keyboard, but can it do those other things really well? It has to make a lot of compromises, with UIs that often don't work well on screens of that size as they were written for something else, poor performance and/or poor battery life.

As a particular example: The idea of using netbooks as a replacement for books is downright hilarious. Their form factor just isn't useful for this. With a tablet it is at least worth considering.

Is Apple's approach the right one? I have no idea, but you'll not be surprised to hear that I think it's at least appealing. Whether it's really good enough remains something to be seen. But I would like to point out that similar arguments were brought into the field against many previous Apple products, in particular the original iPhone, and they nevertheless managed to sell really well, despite the millions of blog posts by Windows fans (and the like) questioning the buyers’ intelligence. It may not be the right device for some, even many, but that doesn't make it worthless in general.

As for no Flash: Personally, that makes me happy. I hope Apple can stop shipping flash with their real computer soon as well.

woody543
27-01-10, 22:40
I'll wait for their tablet laptop.

Not impressed with this. I'm actually pretty disappointed.

This is their tablet laptop???? Unless you mean something else?

_Awestruck_
27-01-10, 22:53
This is their tablet laptop???? Unless you mean something else?

I've heard forever of rumors of a tablet laptop. If this is what it is, I'll be disappointed. It's like a giant iPhone.

Lara Croft!
27-01-10, 23:08
Ι saw the video presentation and it is amazing!

Solice
27-01-10, 23:46
I'm wondering when the iPad feminine hygiene references will start

TombRaiderFan.
27-01-10, 23:59
I'm wondering when the iPad feminine hygiene references will start

You mean this?

WK2drIylnDw

L M F A O omg as if!

I'm wondering if it really it's just a big IPod? I'm pretty sure that they'll improve on this product with updates, otherwise what's the point. Why would they leave a bunch of features out like a camera or multitasking. If you are aiming at making a phone closer to a computer, you shouldn't leave multitasking out of the picture.
On the bright side, if they do improve on this, it looks more convenient than going around with a laptop computer. I saw some screens of the keyboard that comes with it and it looks pretty nice. :)

shanqz
28-01-10, 00:07
hahaha the video was pretty funny. but i have a huge confusion of how people are going to use it as a phone.

it will definitely look funny when you hold it close to your ear to make/get calls :D it will be like using a giant phone for calling

either that or you always have to use earphones or speaker to make/take calls

what do u think?

EDIT: so it doesnt have call capabilities. that makes it even more useless!

trlestew
28-01-10, 00:07
Too me it looks like instead of making Ipod's smaller, they just made it larger :o
Thats how I see it. nothing impressive imo.

woody543
28-01-10, 00:09
I've heard forever of rumors of a tablet laptop. If this is what it is, I'll be disappointed. It's like a giant iPhone.

This is the outcome of those rumours, yep I was expecting more aswell, more laptopy rather than iphoney, I mean they took away the phone!

TombRaiderFan.
28-01-10, 00:11
This is the outcome of those rumours, yep I was expecting more aswell, more laptopy rather than iphoney, I mean they took away the phone!

Maybe they'll add Skype to it and it's all good? :D

Spong
28-01-10, 00:22
iPad? Sounds like some kind of sanitary towel for a fembot.

tranniversary119
28-01-10, 00:22

WK2drIylnDw

L M F A O omg as if!

LMAO! :vlol:

aktrekker
28-01-10, 01:28
You can read a review (http://my.yahoo.com/_ylt=AsmPpsrKsH7hp3IkpX7TtQ5G2vAI;_ylu=X3oDMTIxaXF mZzB0BGNwb3MDNARpbnRsA3VzBHBrZwNpZC0xOTUxMgRwa2d2A zEwBHBvcwMyBHNlYwNteXRkLWZlYXQEc2xrA3RpdGxl/SIG=11gil9a4v/**http%3A//tech.yahoo.com/blogs/patterson/64364)
It seems to be missing some major features.
And it doesn't even mention the single tasking. That makes it a loser right off the bat.

Trigger_happy
28-01-10, 02:41
Its fine: Apple will launch a proper version with all the proper software 3 months later, at an even larger price. Software updates are for wimps.

Johnnay
28-01-10, 03:07

iPhone OS 4.0 is meant to include multitasking..... we will have to wait for it in June though...(but im not sure, it was predicted to be in this event but its too early now for the OS to be unveiled)

but you should know the original iPhone and the first gen iPod Touch didnt have support for pens(TBH Pen support is replaced IMO by multitouch screens, something that a pen can not do, pens dont have the ability to multitouch)

but then if your excited for a Apple product with pen support theres this

http://images.techtree.com/ttimages/story/89189_apple-newton.jpg

its a PDA with Pen Support made by Apple.

aktrekker
28-01-10, 06:04
They still make the Newton? I thought that died out before it got a good start.
They used one in the movie Under Siege 2.

michaeldt
28-01-10, 06:11
I love Apple :D

Cochrane
28-01-10, 06:33
iPhone OS 4.0 is meant to include multitasking..... we will have to wait for it in June though...(but im not sure, it was predicted to be in this event but its too early now for the OS to be unveiled)

I wouldn't hold my breath. If iPhone OS 4 really does bring multi-tasking, it will not do so on old hardware. The iPhone and iPod touch simply don't have enough RAM to make it a truly fun experience.

jaywalker
28-01-10, 07:36
and once again Apple make a product that already exists and functions, shoves a half eaten apple logo on it, doubles the cost and sells millions..

i TRULY dont get why the apple-fanatic still believe every word Jobs comes out with.. he could take a dump in a box, a white box with an apple logo on it, and sell it for $499.. or $699 with a lid to be able to refill..

Its an iPod touch stretched.. ugh his comments about `its how the web is supposed to be viewed` was so cringeworthy, i mean yeh its the web, minus, java, and flash.. so thats, erm, not the web then..

the ONLY thing good from this is that it will probably make the `tablet` market viable again, so more devices will sell from other manufacturers.

Ohmygsh
28-01-10, 11:41
This will undoubtedly fail. I only see Apple fanatics buying something like this. I certainly won't be needing this.

LightningRider
28-01-10, 12:04
This.. it just seems they're milking out i[insert word here]. It doesn't seem at all practical, or something I could use. Likely a waste of time considering it's only capabilities...

I'll wait for a price drop on the better version like Apple always does. :o

MiCkiZ88
28-01-10, 12:12
and once again Apple make a product that already exists and functions, shoves a half eaten apple logo on it, doubles the cost and sells millions..

i TRULY dont get why the apple-fanatic still believe every word Jobs comes out with.. he could take a dump in a box, a white box with an apple logo on it, and sell it for $499.. or $699 with a lid to be able to refill..

Its an iPod touch stretched.. ugh his comments about `its how the web is supposed to be viewed` was so cringeworthy, i mean yeh its the web, minus, java, and flash.. so thats, erm, not the web then..

the ONLY thing good from this is that it will probably make the `tablet` market viable again, so more devices will sell from other manufacturers.Jay, please stop reading my mind, k?

Agreed with everything iSaid.

tranniversary119
28-01-10, 12:32

the ONLY thing good from this is that it will probably make the `tablet` market viable again, so more devices will sell from other manufacturers.

Exactly my thoughts! :tmb:

irjudd
28-01-10, 13:11
This device obviously should have come equipped with a full OS designed for multitouch, not just the iPhone OS. Even a tablet friendly version of OSX would have made more sense. Steve Jobs himself compared it to a laptop, and said that it's supposed to be better than a laptop at doing several key things, and is supposed to be better than an iPod Touch at doing everything. Just the fact that it can't run multiple apps and that it's concretely limited to the app store destroys his own statements.

Aranara
28-01-10, 13:14
I don't like its name :o They should change it. Really. :pi:

Punaxe
28-01-10, 13:14
This device obviously should have come equipped with a full OS designed for multitouch, not just the iPhone OS. Even a tablet friendly version of OSX would have made more sense. Steve Jobs himself compared it to a laptop, and said that it's supposed to be better than a laptop at doing several key things, and is supposed to be better than an iPod Touch at doing everything. Just the fact that it can't run multiple apps and that it's concretely limited to the app store destroys his own statements.

That's what I was thinking too. It was supposedly designed to be better at "key things", but I can't see any practical improvements anywhere compared to let's say the iPhone and the Air.

Encore
28-01-10, 13:15

*aplauds*

young Lara Croft
28-01-10, 13:37
I don't want to embark on critisism...
I like the iPad , i don't care what others say , i think this product will be great for those who need it!
I'm sure it will be perfect for some business people or others :) we'll see...

Capt. Murphy
28-01-10, 13:58
Like everything else Apple makes, it'll just be another iFad. :cln:

Cochrane
28-01-10, 14:34
Like everything else Apple makes, it'll just be another iFad. :cln:

Right. Remember the iPod and iPhone? Total fads, nobody uses them anymore, right? :D

Chocola teapot
28-01-10, 15:04
I want a tablet.

And If anything happened to my Ipod... I'd Die.

woody543
28-01-10, 15:38
Maybe they'll add Skype to it and it's all good? :D

But then it doesn't have a microphone, so you will need to buy a peripheral for that and then it gets worse. Also it doesn't have a camera, even a nice webcam for video conferencing and the like.

Edit--- it does have a microphone... my bad oops

It still doesn't have a camera

TRfan23
28-01-10, 16:09
lol by 2011 this product will suck.

Sorry apple, I may have bought the 'amazing' 5G iPod Nano last year, but this one is a miss.

ShadyCroft
28-01-10, 16:18
It sure does look interesting and I wouldn't mind getting one, but then again its all money-spending...and if I don't need it, really really really need it, I wouldn't bother with it, eh ?

Dark Lugia 2
28-01-10, 16:25
The capabilities of it impress me, like the 10 hour battery life and its graphics capabilities for its size. But its essentially a giant iPhone, with the mobile phone removed :/ Nothing I was expecting (a tablet version of a laptop or something). Not that I was gonna buy it, or could afford it anyway LOL

Capt. Murphy
28-01-10, 16:49
Right. Remember the iPod and iPhone? Total fads, nobody uses them anymore, right? :D

Ah. Touché. But the iWhatever you buy now will be obsolete within a month, then you'll just HAVE to buy Apple's next big shiny expensive thing.

TRfan23
28-01-10, 17:03
Another thing it reminds me of the Nintendo DSi XL (http://www.dsi-xl.co.uk/) from the plain DSi, which I'll not be bothering to get either.

irjudd
29-01-10, 00:54
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs169.snc3/19656_316827074675_85367264675_4907099_671067_n.jp g

:D

Kapu
29-01-10, 01:43
I've been thinking about it all day and I seriously don't understand what it's meant to be, exactly. It looks to me like a giant iPhone, and from what I've read that's essentially all it is. What makes it quite so special, other than being..well, a really big iPod?

Johnnay
29-01-10, 01:52
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs169.snc3/19656_316827074675_85367264675_4907099_671067_n.jp g

FAIL

reason why because it has a Slot card(for SD Cards). i am not of course calling Judd one.

Trigger_happy
29-01-10, 02:47
FAIL

reason why because it has a Slot card(for SD Cards). i am not of course calling Judd one.

So does the Rosetta stone: there's a small crack on the bottom to stick them in...

And its much longer lasting, and won't be replaced by an identical model in 3 months time.

Johnnay
29-01-10, 03:49
So does the Rosetta stone: there's a small crack on the bottom to stick them in...

And its much longer lasting, and won't be replaced by an identical model in 3 months time.

????????

I was talking about the iPad not the Rosetta Stone

tonyme
29-01-10, 08:01
It's freaky... I don't get its purpose at all. Its size is so not strategic! Too huge

Cochrane
29-01-10, 08:02
It's freaky... I don't get its purpose at all. Its size is so not strategic! Too huge

What do you expect? It's meant to be too huge. For people who want something smaller, Apple is offering the iPhone and iPod touch.

MyRaider4Life
29-01-10, 08:07
FAIL

No it doesn't. It has an adapter you have to buy.

jamieoliver22
29-01-10, 08:31
Do be honest, my HP tx2050 laptop can do pretty much everything (apart from it is only single touch, but has pen support) the iPad can, and a hell of a lot more features. I don't see the need, and the lack of expansion slots and the like is worring too.

I watched the keynote yesterday, and it was rather bland and boring. Oh look, this is how you can browse the web, this is how you can check your email... And then half the websites he showed had bits missing because of the lack of Flash support. Plus Steve Jobs kept saying 'iPod' instead of 'iPad'. I don't actually see a point to it?

Another thing it reminds me of the Nintendo DSi XL (http://www.dsi-xl.co.uk/) from the plain DSi, which I'll not be bothering to get either.

To be fair, the DSi XL is just another version, not a new console all together - and it is actually pretty good, especially useful for those with bad eyesight. The bigger screens are pretty nice. The 'DS 2' will be announced towards the end of this year, which should be awesome.

Jack Croft
29-01-10, 08:43
I dont see this being very popular only in commerical and business areas.

Not consumer or personal areas.

scremanie
29-01-10, 08:44
How could this compete with the iTampon?

http://dustbowl.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/the-new-ipod-shuffle.jpg

MyRaider4Life
29-01-10, 10:13
What about this, I :vlol: 'd at this.

http://**********************************/images/4/4a/IPadnano.png

scremanie
29-01-10, 10:29
What about this, I :vlol: 'd at this.

http://**********************************/images/4/4a/IPadnano.png

LMFAO!! :vlol:

JonnyT
29-01-10, 11:05
lol :p

tonyme
29-01-10, 11:07
Haha!! :vlol:

Liquid Fire
29-01-10, 11:18
I'm so not interested. I just don't get the iPad, macs, iPods, iPhones all serve a specific use the iPad just looks like Apple trying to muscle in on the kindle. I don't like it, and it is just a giant iPod Touch.

Wish Apple would back to being ground breaking rather than stealing other product's thunder. It makes them look abit desperate.

Johnnay
29-01-10, 11:23
No it doesn't. It has an adapter you have to buy.

Serious????
I'm pretty sure I saw one built in, or it's me

scremanie
29-01-10, 11:41
If I had the extra moneys to spare, then of course I would buy one. But its not something I would save up for...

AmericanAssassin
29-01-10, 18:03
I want the iPad. Not going to lie. :pi:

Considering 95% of the responses in this thread, I'm going to assume that not many of you watched the press conference video. Such a shame. It really does look fantastic. Oh well. Once they get popular, I'm sure most of you will jump on the bandwagon.

Before you all jump down my throat, I'm not saying this because you're not agreeing with me. I'm saying this because most of you sound like you're making things up.

woody543
29-01-10, 20:28
^^ I really want one, but I wouldn't buy it... just because I expected more :S

lara c. fan
29-01-10, 20:31
I want the iPad. Not going to lie. :pi:

Considering 95% of the responses in this thread, I'm going to assume that not many of you watched the press conference video. Such a shame. It really does look fantastic. Oh well. Once they get popular, I'm sure most of you will jump on the bandwagon.

Before you all jump down my throat, I'm not saying this because you're not agreeing with me. I'm saying this because most of you sound like you're making things up.

*jumps down Matt's throat*

It just looks like a giant comedy iPod touch...

Solice
30-01-10, 01:00
You mean this?

I'm wondering if it really it's just a big IPod? I'm pretty sure that they'll improve on this product with updates, otherwise what's the point. Why would they leave a bunch of features out like a camera or multitasking. If you are aiming at making a phone closer to a computer, you shouldn't leave multitasking out of the picture.
On the bright side, if they do improve on this, it looks more convenient than going around with a laptop computer. I saw some screens of the keyboard that comes with it and it looks pretty nice. :)

Yup, like that:D

Sgt BOMBULOUS
06-04-10, 03:11
Couldn't help it...

http://wp.appadvice.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/iPad-vs-Rock.jpg
:vlol: :vlol:

I, Tomb Raider
06-04-10, 03:14
Couldn't help it...

pure truth. :tmb:

Legend 4ever
06-04-10, 03:16
^ Sadly, it's true. I'm getting more and more dissapointed in Apple. All the products are the same and they are not that great. I mean, iPod is done in like 2 hours unless you just put it on replay and leave it and you don't really need it since a lot of cell phones now have even more space for music and can do more than iPod. I don't even use mine anymore.

I wanted to buy a Mac, but when I calculated all that I needed it was like $2,700 which is insane. Then I bought a Toshiba that has even better performance that cost only $800. Apple products are so overpriced.

Tommy123
06-04-10, 03:22
Couldn't help it...

true though :p

IceColdLaraCroft
06-04-10, 03:26
the rock costs less and you can smash things with it...like an ipad

TombRaider4444
06-04-10, 03:27
Has a attachable USB port for cameras and sd card slot and it can multitasking to an extent play music whe doing whatever push notifications for I.m etc and a camera for what taking photos? Even If it was only 2 mp most of us have phones we carry around right now maybe ask apple to be able to Bluetooth phone pictures but we don't need photo camera as for video conferencing with apples iChat well that's another story that will involve AT&T

michaeldt
06-04-10, 03:28
I actually really want one of these :(

IceColdLaraCroft
06-04-10, 03:30
Has a attachable USB port for cameras and sd card slot and it can multitasking to an extent play music whe doing whatever push notifications for I.m etc and a camera for what taking photos? Even If it was only 2 mp most of us have phones we carry around right now maybe ask apple to be able to Bluetooth phone pictures but we don't need photo camera as for video conferencing with apples iChat well that's another story that will involve AT&T

Why doesn't it have something that you can stand it up? Like a photo frame

AmericanAssassin
06-04-10, 03:31
Why doesn't it have something that you can stand it up? Like a photo frame

There's a case you can buy that can be stood up. I read it ages ago. I can't remember the source, but it does (or will) exist.

michaeldt
09-04-10, 12:45
Mirrors edge and RE4 are being released on the iPad :jmp: the reviews say that Mirrors edge is possibly the best early game for the iPad :d

Cochrane
09-04-10, 13:13
Yeah, but only a 2D version of ME. It probably works better on iPad that way, but I think it was the 3D first person perspective that made ME so unique.

Oh well, I’ll probably buy it anyway, either the iPhone version and/or (if I choose to buy one) the iPad one.

michaeldt
09-04-10, 13:31
^nope, its 3D :) although it is a sidescroller, but the reviewers have said that the controls are so intuitive :D they said that RE4 has had a big graphical upgrade from the mobile and iPod touch/iPhone versions :)

michaeldt
15-04-10, 17:07
Mirrors edge iPad screens:

http://iphonegamerblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/mirrors-edge-iphone.png
http://www.morninpaper.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/500x_500x_mephone.jpg
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2009/12/7/1260228861331/IMG_0381_copy.gif

I want it :jmp: