PDA

View Full Version : Do you think, people from CD/S-E/Eidos visits this forum (in secrecy)?

Lukass
28-01-10, 06:07
Hello,
Do you think, people from Eidos, Square-Enix and/or Crystal dynamics visits regularly this forum (or some else forums about Tomb Raider, but I would like to talk mainly about this forum) and they are laughing how we are desperate about no news :hea::D.....and they visits this forum to get new ideas about the next Tomb Raider?

Sorry for my English.....:(

dinoslayer
28-01-10, 06:09
Hello,
Do you think, people from Eidos, Square-Enix and/or Crystal dynamics visits regularly this forum (or some else forums about Tomb Raider, but I would like to talk mainly about this forum) and they are laughing how we are desperate about no news :hea::D.....and they visits this forum to get new ideas about the next Tomb Raider?

yes considering how much fan ideas were implemented into underworld ;)

Vickkyyy
28-01-10, 06:11
As far as i know, they do look at our suggestions thread. :)

ajrich17901
28-01-10, 06:13
Well of course if memory serves me right there were a fair share that only revealed there identities after people were layed off because of Underworld.

Lukass
28-01-10, 06:17
So they visits....hmmm, let's them convey to give us some info! :D

dinoslayer
28-01-10, 06:18
no its the other way around hun ;)
we give them info and they in turn return it to us into one huge collaboration :)

Altair
28-01-10, 06:25
Yes, it has been confirmed that they read this forum. There are a some who reveal their identities (Jay and Keir), but the rest are lurkers. I can't imagine looking through the noise trying to scrape the constructive from the abrasive.

KurtisLonely
28-01-10, 06:27
We've got Keir_Eidos and Jaywalker.. Those we know are Eidos/Square Enix officials.

I am sure there are also some Crystal Dynamics employees there, from who we don't know who they are.

most likely, they will also use nicknames.

I remember that Core Design employees started to reveal who they were once Core Design got erased off the map by Eidos.
Same for the few Crystal Dynamics employees that got fired due financial problems.

So yes, they do visit TombRaiderForums.com.

Moon-Safari
28-01-10, 07:19
I'm sure they do. If I was working on tomb raider I'd be curious as to what the fans were saying about my game. I can't imagine that everything is easy for them to read though. You have to have thick skin, but the payoff is some really honest feedback. Naughty Dog most likely send spies here too. :pi:

michaeldt
28-01-10, 08:11
they do come here sometimes, I think that they would mostly look in the suggestion thread :)

ShadyCroft
28-01-10, 08:52
Naughty Dog most likely send spies here too. :pi:

:vlol:

indeed, you never know.

Keir_Eidos
28-01-10, 10:24
Yeah they do, it sometimes surprises me how much actually. When I speak to guys from the dev team at Crystal I start telling them about a thread and more often than not they know about it already.

Ilie_Fusarau
28-01-10, 10:50
Yeah they do, it sometimes surprises me how much actually. When I speak to guys from the dev team at Crystal I start telling them about a thread and more often than not they know about it already.
If they know how desperate we are for new media , why don't they plan on "leaking" more or releasing a few screens in a magazine :ton: .

Lukass
28-01-10, 10:55
Ilie Fusarau: 100000000000000000000000000000000% AGREE WITH YOU....

I'M SO DESPERATE......I'm going to thrust my Xbox from the window! :D

Ilie_Fusarau
28-01-10, 11:01
aw :hug:

Moon-Safari
28-01-10, 11:07
Ilie Fusarau: 100000000000000000000000000000000% AGREE WITH YOU....

You should do it and get a ps3 :tea:

Ilie_Fusarau
28-01-10, 11:12
You should do it and get a ps3 :tea:
:tmb::p

Lukass
28-01-10, 11:15
Xbox or PS3 .. it's the same crock...I think Xbox have a more delicate graphic than PS3...it doesn't make any difference, the most important is a new game :)

Moon-Safari
28-01-10, 11:24
Xbox or PS3 .. it's the same crock...I think Xbox have a more delicate graphic than PS3...it doesn't make any difference, the most important is a new game :)

Agreed. I think I'm going to start being nicer to CD. And maybe they'll treat us with some info lol.

The grapple hook was the best invention EVAAAAR! :hug::D

tranniversary119
28-01-10, 11:25

That's funny :p but it's good they look on here too.

Lukass
28-01-10, 11:29
That's funny :p but it's good they look on here too.

I don't think it's good...They enjoy our agony :hea::D

tranniversary119
28-01-10, 11:30
I don't think it's good...They enjoy our agony :hea::D

I'm sure their suffering just as much as we are, they have all that media and can't give it to us yet. :p Doubt they actually enjoy watching us suffer...but you never know.

daventry
28-01-10, 11:36
If they know how desperate we are for new media , why don't they plan on "leaking" more or releasing a few screens in a magazine .I like the Suspense and to be Surprised, its to early to Flush us with Media before the Game hits the Shelves and we know the End. :confused:

I dont mind another piece of Art just to get us talking again with a Changed Storyline from Origins to something else. ;)Agreed. I think I'm going to start being nicer to CD. And maybe they'll treat us with some info lol.

The grapple hook was the best invention EVAAAAR!The Laziest Tool EVER in a Game, TR is No Prince of Persia. :ohn:

http://i50.************/2e0o77d.jpg

Lara's home
28-01-10, 11:49
I The Laziest Tool EVER in a Game, TR is No Prince of Persia. :ohn:

The grapple was amazing, and it really added new elements to the game. Only thing that could remind you if PoP is the wallrun, and even that is very different from how it works in PoP.
And are you suggegsting that Classic Lara is a retard in that picture?

daventry
28-01-10, 12:14
No, the Grapple makes the Classic Lara look like a Retard, because we used to have Brains in playing TR, now its Grapple and Hop Scotch the Wall to finish the Game in 10 Minutes Flat for example.

Lara used to be Top Class with Brains and we knew how to play TR, but Crystal made Lara look Dumb wth Gadgets and Interactivity. (Zip/Alister)

http://api.ning.com/files/7s1PK2nN3ycSbcF7dJzcpN7p70c8aBgGroAf3BuEQo9VSLNJAJ iRJIcOr2nUIbIKwyvhfwFOzYNI9HaceptfVjHEb1UXJo0j/ugly_man4.jpg

tranniversary119
28-01-10, 12:16
IMO, there was nothing wrong with the grapple :wve: Beneath the Ashes had the best use of the grapple too.

Ilie_Fusarau
28-01-10, 12:18
http://i50.************/2e0o77d.jpg
Yuk! :mad:
Anyway the grapple is great and if expanded upon it can add more variety to the game-play .

daventry
28-01-10, 12:24
I know theres a Thread about the Grapple http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=150594&highlight=grapple so lets just discuss if Crystal is watching us. ;)

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:gs8-g6-pG3YJkM:http://blog.reeltime.com/rtime/img/reviews/shower_scream.jpg

Lukass
28-01-10, 12:43
I think good sign for us is the fact, that Keir has visited this forum today. In my opinion it's a sign, that something about Tomb Raider is happening...

Your opinion?

Rivendell
28-01-10, 12:44
I think good sign for us is the fact, that Keir has visited this forum today. In my opinion it's a sign, that something about Tomb Raider is happening...

Your opinion?

He's always on. Pretty much every single day. :p

Lukass
28-01-10, 12:48
aha........

AmericanAssassin
28-01-10, 14:27
Yes, they do. It's a matter of fact that they do. They have secret usernames and such. As far as I know, only Justin knows their identities.

Keir and Jay are out in the open, though. :)

Eddie Haskell
28-01-10, 15:28
A typical morning at CD:

Phil: Have you examined that new facial model that Brenda and Josh created yesterday?

Lucy: Yeah, but I don't think it will work.

Phil: Why not?

Lucy: In the TRF today, Phlip mentioned that these kind of features made Lara look like a whore.

Phil: Come again?

Larry: Yeah, and we were going to add the string bikini and the tube dress that Booby has designed, but Shark Blade turned us down. But many others in there want the slutty outfits, so we're waiting for a poll to tell us if we can do it.

Phil: Oh yeah, right, ok. Anyone else in there that we should listen to?

Lucy: Well, we try and ignore Eddie Haskell, Daventry, Ward Dragon, Altair, Moon-Safari...we have a list. The names on that list want us to do real work, so we just place them on our ignore list.

AmericanAssassin
28-01-10, 15:30
^ Hahaha! :vlol: Your little skits are always hilarious. :p

gremlinta
28-01-10, 15:46
Hello,

They do indeed. They will also respond to certain questions. Once I opened a thread asking if anyone had run TRU in Windows 7 back when it was still a release candidate. I got a reply from someone at Eidos who told me they had tested it with both Vista and Windows 7 Beta and it had work fine with both. So they do keep an eye on this forum.

Chocola teapot
28-01-10, 16:04
Yes, they do.

Evan C.
28-01-10, 16:18
They are the only ones that really do,and that's one thing I love about them.They were really worried about our opinions to an improvement of TRU,and they did(on certain ways,of course).
But yes,they care a lot what we think,and I will always be gratefull for that.

Megalith
28-01-10, 16:24
Some people from Crystal may visit the forum from time to time but i don't think they post here at all.They don't have the time to do so.

However i'm sure there are people from the marketing and PR departments of Eidos that they post here as "regular" members (besides Keir),using this forum (and other ones) as a test pool.For these people our opinions don't matter as much as the statistics themselves (like how many people viewed a thread,how many posted in it,how many of them were men and women,how old are they etc.)

But of course they want you to have the impression that your opinion counts and that Crystal "listens" (which somehow some translate this as "Crystal considers your opinion") because otherwise lots of people will quit posting at all here.

Samsdad
28-01-10, 16:46
A typical morning at CD:

Phil: Have you examined that new facial model that Brenda and Josh created yesterday?

Lucy: In the TRF today, Phlip mentioned that these kind of features made Lara look like a whore.

Larry: Yeah, and we were going to add the string bikini and the tube dress that Booby has designed, but Shark Blade turned us down. But many others in there want the slutty outfits, so we're waiting for a poll to tell us if we can do it.

Lucy: Well, we try and ignore Eddie Haskell, Daventry, Ward Dragon, Altair, Moon-Safari...we have a list. The names on that list want us to do real work, so we just place them on our ignore list.

I bet you broke them up in elementary school.

Phlip
28-01-10, 17:38
A typical morning at CD:

Aha. :vlol: If only they DID listen to us. They themselves should make threads and request polls to directly find out what we want.

Eddie Haskell
28-01-10, 17:42
I bet you broke them up in elementary school.

Oh yes, I was quite the card. :D

TheBloodRed
28-01-10, 17:52
Big Brother is watching us!! :ton:

Lara's home
28-01-10, 17:52
Aha. :vlol: If only they DID listen to us. They themselves should make threads and request polls to directly find out what we want.

If you don't think they did/do listen do us, you should abandon all hope.

AmericanAssassin
28-01-10, 17:54

I'd be willing to bet my hard earned money that half the polls Justin has posted in the past were requested by CD/SEE employees. They listen a lot more than you'd think. Maybe TRU wasn't what you were wanting, but it closely resembled what a lot of the forums wanted. It's not my favorite game in the series, but even I can't deny that. It's like they were compromising. Some ideas were their own and some came directly from the fans.

Carbonek_0051
28-01-10, 17:56
People still don't believe that they listen us?:confused:

Lara Fan 4Life
28-01-10, 17:58
^ Taking them time trails for example. Many on the forum wanted them gone for the next game, Crystal took note and didn't put them in Underworld, and we get them same people complaining how if they were there they would have added some replay value to the game! I just think Crystal should listen to the fans on some things, but mostly go with what they have in mind for the next game!

AmericanAssassin
28-01-10, 17:59

I know and I don't understand it. It's not even a matter of opinion. Not only are there CD/SEE employees here, but there are ex-CD employees who have specifically said that a lot of their ideas come from the fans. People are just ignorant sometimes. :rolleyes:

Taking them time trails for example. Many on the forum wanted them gone for the next game, Crystal took note and didn't put them in Underworld, and we get them same people complaining how if they were there they would have added some replay value to the game! I just think Crystal should listen to the fans on some things, but mostly go with what they have in mind for the next game!

I never understood the hatred toward time trials. Nobody was forced to do them and they added replayability for fans like me. :(

Carbonek_0051
28-01-10, 18:02
^I agree again! I liked the Time Trial. :/
^ Taking them time trails for example. Many on the forum wanted them gone for the next game, Crystal took note and didn't put them in Underworld, and we get them same people complaining how if they were there they would have added some replay value to the game! I just think Crystal should listen to the fans on some things, but mostly go with what they have in mind for the next game!
Definitely, I have been saying that for a long time. They should know what and what not to do by now, they've done 3 games and with each game they improved. I think they should still look at what we have to say, but be completely creative and do what they want to do.:)
I know and I don't understand it. It's not even a matter of opinion. Not only are there CD/SEE employees here, but there are ex-CD employees who have specifically said that a lot of their ideas come from the fans. People are just ignorant sometimes.

Once again, I agree Matt.

Megalith
28-01-10, 18:09
Some ideas were their own and some came directly from the fans.

The fans are posting their ideas and opinions continually.By now everything logical (and even many illogical ideas) have been already mentioned/suggested countless times.
It's only logical to assume that out of this vast number of suggestions and ideas there will be some that are also shared by CD's game designers.

If some ideas happen to be in the game,it doesn't mean it happened because CD "listened".It's just the law of probability.

Lara's home
28-01-10, 18:11
The fans are posting their ideas and opinions continually.By now everything logical (and even many illogical ideas) have been already mentioned/suggested countless times.
It's only logical to assume that out of this vast number of suggestions and ideas there will be some that are also shared by CD's game designers.

If some ideas happen to be in the game,it doesn't mean it happened because CD "listened".It's just the law of probability.

Oh god. Well, based on your logic, no developers listen to the fans. Ever.

Sir Croft
28-01-10, 18:11
They do. And it would be pretty stupid of them not to. We're the ones who are mostly willing to buy their game, afterall.

tranniversary119
28-01-10, 18:12

Unfortunately /: when people say they don't listen to us I can't help but scratch my head...I think we should be happy that they even do listen to us, I'm sure there's some developers who couldn't care less.

Ilie_Fusarau
28-01-10, 18:12
I absolutely agree !:hug:

Megalith
28-01-10, 18:13
Oh god. Well, based on your logic, no developers listen to the fans. Ever.

I never said they don't "listen".;)

Lara's home
28-01-10, 18:14
I never said they don't "listen".;)

/pwned

mau3genius
28-01-10, 18:14
Hello,

Yes, they definitely visit TRF frequently. But I don't think they're getting the right ideas :pi:

AmericanAssassin
28-01-10, 18:16

By that logic, this discussion is completely pointless. Plus, like I said, some developers have specifically said that they listen to us. Therefore, I will consider it a fact that they do so. I highly doubt that they would lie. Plus, every game CD makes seems to be another step in the right direction. People are just too blind by their anger that Core is gone to see that.

Carbonek_0051
28-01-10, 18:18
^Yup, I can't remember if it was Jay, Keir, or Eric who said this, but I remember being told we helped shape a lot of TRU (this was said awhile after the game was released).
Unfortunately /: when people say they don't listen to us I can't help but scratch my head...I think we should be happy that they even do listen to us, I'm sure there's some developers who couldn't care less.

Definitely, but I've noticed more and more developers are starting to listen to the fanbase more. Ubi listened with ACII, and I remember hearing Bioware listened with Mass Effect 2. And both of those games fixed a lot of what was wrong with the games before them.:)

I'm sure CD does listen, because they improved a lot of what was wrong with Legend & Anni in Underworld, and a lot of it was stuff fans wanted fixed. And now I am hoping with Origins they will fix what still needs to be fixed while also giving us something completely new. I'm staying optimistic.:p

Megalith
28-01-10, 18:19
By that logic, this conversation is completely pointless. Plus, like I said, some developers have specifically said that they listen to us.

You don't really get it,but that's ok.:)

AmericanAssassin
28-01-10, 18:22
You don't really get it,but that's ok.:)

You're saying that much that was similar was probably coincidence because of how vast of a fanbase there is on the TRF. That maybe some ideas weren't from here, but from similar ideas at the CD headquarters. If that's not what you mean (because I've read it over and over), you need to rephrase yourself.

Plus, many of the idea incorporated into TRU were what majority of the fans requested. Those same fans are now negative and aren't willing to admit that CD did something right.

EDITED POST: By that logic, this discussion is completely pointless. Plus, like I said, some developers have specifically said that they listen to us. Therefore, I will consider it a fact that they do so. I highly doubt that they would lie. Plus, every game CD makes seems to be another step in the right direction. People are just too blind by their anger that Core is gone to see that.

And, like I said in my edited post, I don't think that's entirely correct. I think there's a deeper reason for peoples negativity.

tranniversary119
28-01-10, 18:30
^Yup, I can't remember if it was Jay, Keir, or Eric who said this, but I remember being told we helped shape a lot of TRU (this was said awhile after the game was released).

Definitely, but I've noticed more and more developers are starting to listen to the fanbase more. Ubi listened with ACII, and I remember hearing Bioware listened with Mass Effect 2. And both of those games fixed a lot of what was wrong with the games before them.:)

I'm sure CD does listen, because they improved a lot of what was wrong with Legend & Anni in Underworld, and a lot of it was stuff fans wanted fixed. And now I am hoping with Origins they will fix what still needs to be fixed while also giving us something completely new. I'm staying optimistic.:p

Oh definitely! Like you said, they progressed quite a bit through the whole trilogy. I know a few other developers that listen too, I think fan feedback is VERY important to make a good game. I remember Ian said fan's would fuel the next game...now if I could just find that quote. :pi:

Megalith
28-01-10, 18:39
You're saying that much that was similar was probably coincidence because of how vast of a fanbase there is on the TRF. That maybe some ideas weren't from here, but from similar ideas at the CD headquarters. If that's not what you mean (because I've read it over and over), you need to rephrase yourself.

And, like I said in my edited post, I don't think that's entirely correct. I believe CD when they say they listen to us.

The problem is with many people's definition of "listening".Some people think that by "listening" the developers somehow are taking notes of ideas to include in their games.I'm sorry but from what little knoweledge i have it doesn't happen that way.When it comes to how people view a game,the fan's perspective,the developer's perspective,the publisher's perspective are all different ones and use different criteria.

Yes they visit forums,they don't create their games in a vacuum and 99.9% of them are really open minded people but when they sit down to develop the game they don't say "the fans mentioned this or that so we have to include it".
If some fan suggestions happen to fit within their and the publisher's plan (which will eventually happen since everything has been suggested) then all the better.But it doesn't happen conciously.

Edit:the same applies to every developer.If Core were around they would be doing the same.

AmericanAssassin
28-01-10, 18:46
When they sit down to develop the game they don't say "the fans mentioned this or that so we have to include it".

I don't think they say that, but I do think they write things down and discuss the possibility of including things we talk about. Honestly. I think CD takes a lot more of what we say into account than the average fan gives them credit for. If you disagree, that's fine. Whatever. I trust them when they tell me they take our ideas into account.

Megalith
28-01-10, 18:48
I don't think they say that, but I do think they write things down and discuss the possibility of including things we talk about. Honestly. I think CD takes a lot more of what we say into account than the average fan gives them credit for. If you disagree, that's fine. Whatever. I trust them when they tell me they take our ideas into account.

Ok.:)

BTW the good/bad thing with this mentality is that if they **** up,there will always be people saying "well the game sucked because they listened to the fans instead of developing the game on their own".:D

AmericanAssassin
28-01-10, 18:52
Ok.:)

Going back to my earlier post, if you choose to believe that CD does not truly listen as much as they say, this discussion is pointless then because they won't look at it anyway. (Which I don't agree with.)

Megalith
28-01-10, 19:01
Going back to my earlier post, if you choose to believe that CD does not truly listen as much as they say, this discussion is pointless then because they won't look at it anyway. (Which I don't agree with.)

I never post in hope that someone from CD "listens".

I think we both agree that they listen.What we don't agree is the level of influence some people think their opinion/idea/suggestion have.

I may be wrong and you may be right.If you believe in that,that's fine.No offense but i don't really care to convince you otherwise.I was just stating my opinion.:)

Eddie Haskell
28-01-10, 19:05
I never post in hope that someone from CD "listens".

I think we both agree that they listen.What we don't agree is the level of influence some people think their opinion/idea/suggestion have.

I may be wrong and you may be right.If you believe in that,that's fine.No offense but i don't really care to convince you otherwise.I was just stating my opinion.:)

I do, all the time. Not that I think that they will, it's just that in case they are reading this forum with any interest, I want my thoughts and desires posted in the most powerful and coherent manner that I can muster. And if possible and in doing so, drown out and overpower the nonsense that I don't want them to read. ;)

So my friend, keep on posting... :)

TombRaiderFan.
28-01-10, 20:09
I wouldn't know whether or not they listen because I became active here after Underworld was released. I missed all the "Ask Eric" things and all the drama. I can see that some people in this thread confirm that they do listen to our suggestions, so I'll take their word for it.

Now that I know that, I'm curious about how the next game will turn out to be since I'm here now seeing all of you guys' suggestions. It'll be nice to see which of your ideas are implemented and which ones are ignored.

Evan C.
28-01-10, 20:12
Well,certainly they do listen to us.Before TRU was released,they made Audio-Podcast answering our questions.My question was selected and what they said(I asked how important is our vision/opinion for the development of a TR game)that they do care and bla bla bla.You can find it on TRchronices,is the first audio podcast.But oh well,it's really obvious they read and care,so that's why I love that part of them :)

Samsdad
28-01-10, 20:50
It's pretty obvious that developers listen to fan's reactions, just as they listen to what reviewer's say about their games. The diversity of the reaction from the fans is quite large and it is impossible to please everyone.

I sometimes try to imagine what a game would be like if every fan suggection was incorporated automatically. Then the old adage that "A Camel is a Horse designed by Committee" pops to mind, and I let the thought die before my brain completely boggles.

thevman
28-01-10, 22:01
I always wondered if eddie was from the now defunct core and samsdad was from CD... http://www.storagebin.us/smilies/smilies/secret.gif :whi:

Eddie Haskell
28-01-10, 22:03
I always wondered if eddie was from the now defunct core and samsdad was from CD... http://www.storagebin.us/smilies/smilies/secret.gif :whi:

Stay tuned, a cage match is coming. Justin will have to provide the live feed for all to watch. :cool:

thevman
28-01-10, 22:04
Stay tuned, a cage match is coming. Justin will have to provide the live feed for all to watch. :cool:

*pays the pay per view fee and gets first row seats* http://www.storagebin.us/smilies/smilies/popcorn.gif

Altair
29-01-10, 00:58
If they know how desperate we are for new media , why don't they plan on "leaking" more or releasing a few screens in a magazine :ton: .

Because they don't like lawsuits.

A typical morning at CD:

Haha. Nice skit. While we're probably not on their ignore list, we might be on the "hard core gamers who know proper English and are slightly scary" list.

Plus, many of the idea incorporated into TRU were what majority of the fans requested. Those same fans are now negative and aren't willing to admit that CD did something right.

And, like I said in my edited post, I don't think that's entirely correct. I think there's a deeper reason for peoples negativity.

Once a title is released you have the initial review phase where most people are flailing about how awesome the game is.

After they've beaten the game, they start to play it again and compare it to competition and the ideas that could improve the game start to form in their minds. Instead of enjoying the game, they're thinking "what could be added or taken from this situation to make it even more fun?"

Now, while you could go on the forums and talk about how ~!osum the game is, it would be about a fifteen second conversation. Because you'd all agree about how fun it was and then you'd have nothing to talk about.

But when you're presenting ideas, defending them or tearing them down, the word count is considerably higher. The discussion is considerably longer. For example, I dig Assassin's Creed (obviously). If someone agrees with me, that conversation is going down fast. If someone tells me it's a terrible game and the devs are stupid...things are going to heat up and we'll go rounds for an hour.

It's not a deeper reason. It's internet politics. You don't move forward out of talking about how great the game is. You see improvements by being constructive, critical, and sometimes ... downright mean. It's not pretty, but it's how it works.

Lara_Fan_33
29-01-10, 01:26
of course they're watching. They do listen to soem of our ideas, and for that im greatful, but with Underworld I found they listened to some of the 'bad' ideas, and ignored some of the better ideas. Hopefully this will change for tomb raider 9. But we have to come to agreements on some things, or CD wont know what we really want. for example, some people want cartoony lara, while others want realistic lara. A member from Eidos posting a poll about little desisions like these would probably make a huge difference in the long run. lol I hope Kier or jay reads this :)

Love2Raid
29-01-10, 01:45
They are watching, always watching. http://www.ben-newman.de/smilie/misc/209031.gif

Too bad we don't have a list of members here! :p
Not that they necessarily have to make an account, but Eric Lindstrom had one.

TombRaiderFan.
29-01-10, 03:08
of course they're watching. They do listen to soem of our ideas, and for that im greatful, but with Underworld I found they listened to some of the 'bad' ideas, and ignored some of the better ideas. Hopefully this will change for tomb raider 9. But we have to come to agreements on some things, or CD wont know what we really want. for example, some people want cartoony lara, while others want realistic lara. A member from Eidos posting a poll about little desisions like these would probably make a huge difference in the long run. lol I hope Kier or jay reads this :)

I have the feeling there was a poll about that. I can't remember right now. :hea:

Phlip
29-01-10, 06:45
Eric Lindstrom had one.

What was the username? :O

Spong
29-01-10, 07:10
What was the username? :O

If you mean Eric's username here, it's Squamula (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/member.php?u=16062).

Samsdad
29-01-10, 13:50

I am still trying to figure out what planet the vman is from. I am guessing that it is the same as those voluptuous young ladies in "The Invasion of the Body Gropers"

Keir_Eidos
29-01-10, 14:10

And there was the G.R.O.W.L campaign, as a result of that the ledges got toned down somewhat.

Also, once a member of CD team had printed out some Underpus t-shirts, and they all wore them in a meeting about the game :vlol: I wish I had been there, I would have taken a photo to show you guys.

We hope to be bringing you some more news and inside info about the studio when the time is right :)

silviu_raider
29-01-10, 14:26
@Keir: Could you please tell us, at least, if we can expect some news untill June? :D

AmericanAssassin
29-01-10, 14:29
Also, once a member of CD team had printed out some Underpus t-shirts, and they all wore them in a meeting about the game :vlol: I wish I had been there, I would have taken a photo to show you guys.

That's amazing! :eek: That makes me strangely happy inside. :D

tranniversary119
29-01-10, 14:29
And there was the G.R.O.W.L campaign, as a result of that the ledges got toned down somewhat.

We hope to be bringing you some more news and inside info about the studio when the time is right :)

Hopefully soon :mis:

Lukass
29-01-10, 14:35
and there was the g.r.o.w.l campaign, as a result of that the ledges got toned down somewhat.

Also, once a member of cd team had printed out some underpus t-shirts, and they all wore them in a meeting about the game :vlol: I wish i had been there, i would have taken a photo to show you guys.

time is right now....to have new info about tr9 :D

Phlip
29-01-10, 14:52
If you mean Eric's username here, it's Squamula (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/member.php?u=16062).

thnx

thevman
29-01-10, 16:57
I am still trying to figure out what planet the vman is from. I am guessing that it is the same as those voluptuous young ladies in "The Invasion of the Body Gropers"

Hmm, seem to have missed that one... :eek: :mis:

*starts search* :pi:

Bladerj
29-01-10, 17:11

Obviously they won't commit the same mistake of underworld, sharing with fans development that may be scratched in the final version, or having fans moaning and whining about changes etc.
i believe we will only see real gameplay media during final beta

Ilie_Fusarau
29-01-10, 17:23
Obviously they won't commit the same mistake of underworld, sharing with fans development that may be scratched in the final version, or having fans moaning and whining about changes etc.
That much I figured :p

Ilie_Fusarau
29-01-10, 17:24

Do you have more stories like this one :cln: ?

Eddie Haskell
29-01-10, 17:29
Yesterday at the CD bunker:

5 CD employees sit around a table at the "Crystal Cafe" cafeteria in CD's headquarters. As they sit eating the scrumptious KainBurgers and Pandemonium Pizza, a rather geeky (by their standards) employee strolls in wearing a new t shirt bearing the image of a weird animal:

Chandra: What the hell is that?

Nathan: What?

Chandra: The thing on your shirt, wait, what does that say?

Nathan: You can read. Nathan reaches down for a slice of gooey Morris Lang Canepa pie and some Gex pudding.

Lois: Overbat?

Nathan: Yeah, that's right, I brought some shirts for you guys too.

Harold: LOL and ROTFL man, where'd you get that stupid idea from?

Nathan: Do I have to spell it out for you? Underpus...Overbat...great idea huh?

After a brief moment of stunned silence, the senior member in the room speaks up:

Wang: Have you been visiting the TRF again? Damn it man, I told you to stay out of there!

Nathan: Sorry, it's just so addictive.... Nathan slinks away back to his terminal leaving his edible goodies behind.

Chandra: What a maroon...

daventry
29-01-10, 17:51
We hope to be bringing you some more news and inside info about the studio when the time is rightOh please dont do the Crystal Team Community again, that Poor Pregnant Woman was Horribly Bashed from the TRF Board when she started talkng about her Hormones and her Baby coming any day. :(:(:(

All we wanted to hear about was TRU and thought Crystal has gone Insane with this Family Community stuff towards the TRF Board, as if the Trilogy wasent enough about Mommy and Daddy :o:o:o

Eric Lindstrom got away with his Personal Life and his Kitty, but that Poor Woman. :(:hug:
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=126116&highlight=eric+lindstrom
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=144406&highlight=pregnant
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=127445&highlight=goodness

The Podcasts were Fun. :p
http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/underworld/podcast.html

Moon-Safari
29-01-10, 17:52
^remember that hot blond woman that replaced her though? :cln:

see, CD do listen. :p

Lara Fan 4Life
29-01-10, 18:00

Like I've said many times, thanks Keir! :D It's great having members from Eidos and Crystal around the forum! :)

Also, daventry, you made no sense what so ever! :wve:

TombRaiderFan.
29-01-10, 22:02
Oh please dont do the Crystal Team Community again, that Poor Pregnant Woman was Horribly Bashed from the TRF Board when she started talkng about her Hormones and her Baby coming any day. :(:(:(

All we wanted to hear about was TRU and thought Crystal has gone Insane with this Family Community stuff towards the TRF Board, as if the Trilogy wasent enough about Mommy and Daddy :o:o:o

Eric Lindstrom got away with his Personal Life and his Kitty, but that Poor Woman. :(:hug:
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=126116&highlight=eric+lindstrom

Wow...TRF members are a bunch of jerks. :mad:

tranniversary119
29-01-10, 22:17
I thought it was cool that, when they didn't have media they gave us inside looks at the studio itself. I hope they do that again it was cool!

Love2Raid
29-01-10, 23:00
Oh please dont do the Crystal Team Community again, that Poor Pregnant Woman was Horribly Bashed from the TRF Board when she started talkng about her Hormones and her Baby coming any day. :(:(:(

I'm completely shocked by the reactions in the third thread, oh my god. :(
And I'm a bit ashamed of my first reaction in the second one, but I couldn't believe it. :o:o

tranniversary119
29-01-10, 23:08
I'm completely shocked by the reactions in the third thread, oh my god. :(
And I'm a bit ashamed of my first reaction in the second one, but I couldn't believe it. :o:o

I'm scared to look at my reaction :p I feel so bad for her though! :(

aussie500
29-01-10, 23:24

Just remind the merchandising people that if the fans thought of it and the developer thinks it is a fun idea, we would like some too. Did we get offered any nice Underpus T-Shirts to buy. :(

We only saw real gameplay for TRU, apart from a few quick glimpses of the screenshot camera that vanished before we got the game. CGI trailers are pretty obviously not gameplay media. Fans are always going to moan about what they feel they should have got. Lots of things get changed during development, most we never hear about. Any level demo's done early in development when they are working out what they want are way before Beta stage, and since Legend's mistakes obviously not something we will likely to be seeing till after the game is released if then.