PDA

View Full Version : Kazakhstan gold reward help

almayah
28-01-10, 11:02
As the title says, I can't get it. Everytime I try to pull it up the slope, it just returns back. I'm playing on ps2, so if anyone can tell me how to do it.

Thxx

lunavixen
29-01-10, 12:36
what you have to do is when you get the tesla gun working, pull the boxes out above the ledge and fire them at the guards (if you haven't killed them already, i love doing this) and then drag the platform as fast as you can so that it still has it's momentum once it gets to the section where it goes up, stop pulling and aim at the top of the platform hinge and push the platform instead, push it as fast as you can and it should go up the little uphill section, once it gets to the end,stop or it will fall back down and it's murder to get back up.
get out of the tesla gun and go to the ledge on the right, pull the box on that ledge to the end near the broken (blown up) ramp and get up on the ledge where you pulled the boxes out of the wall, go around the corner and leap backwards onto the platform, jump over to the ledge with the broken railing turn to lara's right and you should see the reward, jump towrds the ledge and voild, it's yours, to go on with the level after you get the reward, go to the platform that you pushed up to get to the broken railing ledge and jump towards the exit.

i hope this helps, if you are still stuck i'll see what i can do about making up screenshots or something

Mytly
30-01-10, 21:55
The walkthrough (http://www.tombraiderhub.com/tr7/level05.html) may be of help - it includes screenshots of some of the key points. :)

shadow_fire
30-01-10, 22:19
what you have to do is when you get the tesla gun working, pull the boxes out above the ledge and fire them at the guards (if you haven't killed them already, i love doing this) and then drag the platform as fast as you can so that it still has it's momentum once it gets to the section where it goes up, stop pulling and aim at the top of the platform hinge and push the platform instead, push it as fast as you can and it should go up the little uphill section, once it gets to the end,stop or it will fall back down and it's murder to get back up.
get out of the tesla gun and go to the ledge on the right, pull the box on that ledge to the end near the broken (blown up) ramp and get up on the ledge where you pulled the boxes out of the wall, go around the corner and leap backwards onto the platform, jump over to the ledge with the broken railing turn to lara's right and you should see the reward, jump towrds the ledge and voild, it's yours, to go on with the level after you get the reward, go to the platform that you pushed up to get to the broken railing ledge and jump towards the exit.

i hope this helps, if you are still stuck i'll see what i can do about making up screenshots or something

I prefer to use the barrels to explode them :p

When I was trynna get the gold reward, you wouldnt believe howlong it took me to figure out that you can actually push the further up! I lost count the amount of times I died tryna get to that other ledge before the pole, lols

aurora89
30-01-10, 22:51
try to get some momentum going. You have to swing the ledge relatively quickly from the start across the line and up the slope. Apparently it's uber difficult for us PS2 players! Just keep trying, and remember you need the momentum.

lunavixen
31-01-10, 10:37
shadow- i like to fire the boxes at the and knock the off the platform, next time i'll use the barrels :P

michaeldt
31-01-10, 11:16
the first time I tried this, it took me about 30 minutes :p