PDA

View Full Version : Snow Anyone?

spikejones
29-01-10, 01:58
Looks like we're in for a ship load (http://www.weather.com/maps/news/severenow/floater10_large.html) of it this weekend. Well, by the standards of the piedmont area that is ;) I'm hoping we get lots of it and that it sticks well. I've been looking for an opportunity to break out the snowboard I got last Christmas. Not really any mountains around here, but theres several decent hills I can build ramps on. :D

AmericanAssassin
29-01-10, 01:59
It's always snowing here and I hate it. I can't wait for Spring. :pi:

spikejones
29-01-10, 02:00
lets trade places then :D

TheBloodRed
29-01-10, 02:01
Holy craps! I have been outside many times tonight and never saw that squall headed this way!! xD

Shauni
29-01-10, 02:01
It snowed here on Christmas eve, but nothing since then! T_T

Btw, this is random, but I always thought the phrase "ship load" was "s*** load". I just realized I've probably been wrong this whole time. lol! xD

AmericanAssassin
29-01-10, 02:02
Btw, this is random, but I always thought the phrase "ship load" was "s*** load". I just realized I've probably been wrong this whole time. lol! xD

Apparently, I was wrong too. :tea: Don't feel bad. You're not the only one. :p

spikejones
29-01-10, 02:03
I haven't had a white Christmas in many many years :( I miss it.

btw... both are used. motly "**** load" though.

Mr.Burns
29-01-10, 02:03
Yea, been snowing all day here. Freakin sick of it I am. :hea:

miss.haggard
29-01-10, 02:04
Up for 10 inches today and tomorrow! :yah:!

TheBloodRed
29-01-10, 02:04
Remember that ice storm way back in the 90s? Now that was a doozy! xD

MiCkiZ88
29-01-10, 02:05
No snow here. Second winter without the hell that we had in Finland. I both miss it and and am glad that we dont have it here.

irjudd
29-01-10, 02:05
Not me! It was a brisk 63 degrees fahrenheit today.

spikejones
29-01-10, 02:06

I remember Raleigh got like 20 inches (http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/2352960/) one year back when I was in high school. now THAT was epic FTW!

Shauni
29-01-10, 02:08
Apparently, I was wrong too. :tea: Don't feel bad. You're not the only one. :p lol I'm glad I'm not the only one then! :D

I haven't had a white Christmas in many many years :( I miss it.

btw... both are used. motly "**** load" though. haha oh okay! I've never even heard the nice version of it though til now lol

Remember that ice storm way back in the 90s? Now that was a doozy! xD Oh there was one here right before 2000 and man we had no power in our house for almost a week and trapped in ice. O_O Thank goodness we had a fireplace or we would have frozen. :O

Mr.Burns
29-01-10, 02:11

I remember when it smacked my area in 91. I had just moved up here from DC so it was a bit of a shock for me.

_Awestruck_
29-01-10, 02:36
Not here unfortunately. :|

I'm getting sick of not having snow.

TheBloodRed
29-01-10, 02:40
lol I'm glad I'm not the only one then! :D

haha oh okay! I've never even heard the nice version of it though til now lol

Oh there was one here right before 2000 and man we had no power in our house for almost a week and trapped in ice. O_O Thank goodness we had a fireplace or we would have frozen. :O

I think it was back in 94' that Virginia got terrorized by ice. There was no snow, just pure ice!! Ice storms are scary because of how wet everything is and the dangerous conditions to the environment.

Many trees got killed in my backyard(and fell down too) because of it. :/

Now where do you live Trinity? xD

spikejones
29-01-10, 02:42
I've had a neighbor's tree fall across the road and very close to my parked car during an overnight ice storm. imagine the panic when I was woken by my mother whose first words were 'the neighbors tree fell down' :yik:

Shauni
29-01-10, 02:49
I think it was back in 94' that Virginia got terrorized by ice. There was no snow, just pure ice!! Ice storms are scary because of how wet everything is and the dangerous conditions to the environment.

Many trees got killed in my backyard(and fell down too) because of it. :/

Now where do you live Trinity? xD
Yeah it was an ice storm we had, soo scary! :O I remember I cooked my meals over the fireplace lol. And I've lived in a couple of places, South Carolina, LA, Texas, Arkansas. Then in several different places within those states lol. The ice storm I was in was when I lived in AR though. ;]

matrix54
29-01-10, 02:51
snowed and melted. same day. no lie. The ground was COVERED and we go back outside, we were all "where's the snow?"

TheBloodRed
29-01-10, 02:56
I've had a neighbor's tree fall across the road and very close to my parked car during an overnight ice storm. imagine the panic when I was woken by my mother whose first words were 'the neighbors tree fell down' :yik:

Told ya ice storms are scary! xD

There is also a film based during one with the name "The Ice Storm"(released three years after we had ours). It is pretty shabby though but isn't a bad watch either way.

@Trinity:
Wow, you've been to a lot of places! I've never had to cook over the fireplace but I think that is something to do with all the starchy carbohydrate foods we have around like chips and such that don't need cooking. :/

Oh and the noise from all of the neighbor's generators is just unbearable!! xD

spikejones
29-01-10, 03:01
we had a generator borrowed from the neighbors construction site that ran a couple fuses on both homes :mis: (pays to know the foreman :p)

any rate, nothing beats ravioli cooked on the gas grill :tmb:

TheBloodRed
29-01-10, 03:03
I remember hooking it up to a powerbar so we could play video games for a while! xD

Power came on same day though and this was during Hurricane Isabel. The neighbor that let us use her generator's name was Isabel! xD

Lenochka
29-01-10, 03:14
It's been snowing like crazy here all day. can't stand it! >.<

MangelinaJolie
29-01-10, 03:26
Snowed in, actually, and out of school today and tomorrow. :D

I love it!

miss.haggard
29-01-10, 03:51
Its still going strong since 1pm (11pm now) Its hilarious watching the Oklahomans freaking out over a few inches.

ajrich17901
29-01-10, 04:15
We haven't had snow since New Years which I'm very happy about lol. I hate the cold and I hate Winter, Spring needs to get here faster.

spikejones
29-01-10, 04:35
its almost here, yet the coldest month of the year (for us at any rate) is just coming upon us. id hate to see the winter season pass by without a decent coating of snow though.. its just wrong :(

ShadyCroft
29-01-10, 07:38
I'll swap with any of you for a while right now. I don't like cold weather or snow, but I wouldn't mind a bit of change for a while.

Suzan
29-01-10, 08:24
It's been snowing like hell this winter. There's way too much snow outside. Oh how I wait for it to melt, the green grass to grow, the beautiful flowers to appear, butterflies and all... oh!

TRenTIs
29-01-10, 08:34
I've never seen snow.

Kerrigan
29-01-10, 09:03
No more snow, please! It's a nevereding nightmare. I'll probably have a mental breakdown if it snows again.

Aranara
29-01-10, 10:50
No more snow, please! It's a nevereding nightmare. I'll probably have a mental breakdown if it snows again.

This. And I live in Romania. The city has been covered in snow for the last 3 weeks :pi:

Capt. Murphy
29-01-10, 14:28
They said we were supposed to get some freezing rain at/around 6:00 this morning, but so far all we've had is some snow. And right now it's about 9:30.

If we do get any ice - that's means we'll be busy at work... Lodging travelers trying to escape the dangerous roadways.

TheBloodRed
29-01-10, 18:46
Okay so today we will get a huge blanket of snow. A lot of things are already closing early!! xD

James_Rutland
29-01-10, 18:47
I'm sick of slipping up and landing on my butt, no more plz kthnxbai.

Melonie Tomb Raider
29-01-10, 18:47
Got some snow today and I have the day off work. WOOOP!

just*raidin*tomb
29-01-10, 18:48
I just got out of school an hour early because the snow. Its FREEZING here!! :yik:

HappyShannon
29-01-10, 18:49
It was snowing today, in school, but it was so incredibly sunny, so I really doubted (correctly, apparently :p) that it would stay :p

James_Rutland
Our school don't close... The headmaster reckons the schools too 'Good' to close because of snow. My arse. :p

patriots88888
Yup, snow happens this time of year. :)

January_Snow*
Snooowwwwww yaaay I love snow, its snowing here and I love it :yah:

TheBloodRed
29-01-10, 18:52
Your username is more than ironic! xD

Antonio
29-01-10, 18:52
I love snow, few day ago there was snowing and it made my day. I just love to see the same town different every moment when I passing through.
I always wanted to learn snowboarding.:p well I know how to ski, but snowboard is awesome.:D

Tommy123
30-01-10, 04:14
its been snowing here in the middle of the US almost every other day. As much as i love hoodies....I'd like to actully see the grass

spikejones
30-01-10, 05:11
well, the snow has hit, been going on for a few hours now. I'd say we have around 3 or so inches currently. Looks beautiful :)

Suzan
30-01-10, 07:49
I just got out of school an hour early because the snow. Its FREEZING here!! :yik:

WTF! In Finland it doesn't matter even if there's 2 meters of snow outside. It does suck though, it would be cool to get out of school earlier every time it snows, that would be like 6 months in a row :p :D

xXhayleyroxXx
30-01-10, 10:19
the snow has gone and it's sunny :p

CuteKittenlol
30-01-10, 11:10
I heard its gonna snow alot too, i hope not..it happened, we loved it, then it went..now its nice and sunny and not that cold, i like it XD

Squibbly
30-01-10, 14:00
We have no snow yet. It's been pretty cold the last few days, though.

remote91
30-01-10, 14:01
It snowed for like 5 minutes yesterday, I cursed the Gods and then it stopped, thankfully

Legend of Lara
30-01-10, 14:09
Hasn't snowed here in a while. :D
It's still too cold, though. :(