PDA

View Full Version : Virgin mobile addict tariff anyone?

~*~Chloe~*~
29-01-10, 21:58
So I got my phone on Xmas day, it came with a £10 top up voucher and Virgin also gave me 300 free texts as a reward for choosing Virgin. I used them all up on New Years Eve and on New Years Day I got the 300 free texts and internet that I topped up for on Xmas day. Cos I'm such a good texter I used them all up and the £10 by the 10th Jan, and on the 11th I topped up £20 (Which would get me Unlimited texts and internet for a month). I've used up the £20 but when do I get the texts and internet?

Sorry if that doesn't make sense. :p

Real Life Raider
29-01-10, 22:14
when do I get the texts and internet?

On the same date that you got them last time :)

Rai
29-01-10, 22:32
Wow you spend a lot on texting! :p

Virgin offer a flexible contract (only 30 days if you wish to change it) that is for £10 a month that offers 200 mins and unlimited texts. Perhaps you should think of changing over to that. My son is on it and he kept his phone and number.

~*~Chloe~*~
29-01-10, 23:03
On the same date that you got them last time :)

But it's gone past that date. I was thinking maybe I'll get them on the 1st?

Hyper_Crazy
29-01-10, 23:49
I get unlimited texts for £10 a month on my O2 phone, and 300 texts and interent and all the blackberry services like internet messenger etc for £10 a month on my Blackberry. I don't think thats too bad

Trigger_happy
29-01-10, 23:49
The free texts and stuff arrive the next month: when you top up in say January, the free texts come February. When you top up in February, they come in March. I had the same problem first time round.

Hyper_Crazy
29-01-10, 23:51
Is that only on Virgin, cos my texts come through straight away on both my phones.

Spong
29-01-10, 23:58
Typically, these sort of 'pay £X and get XX amount of minutes/text/web browsing free' offers are activated within minutes of you topping up the required amount of credit (you should receive a text message telling you as much). If you topped up £20 on the 11th and have yet to receive your free texts/call/web access then either Virgin have screwed up (which wouldn't be surprising seeing as they're the worst network provider in the UK), or you're not on the tariff that qualifies you for the offer (you'd be surprised how many people don't realise these offers aren't available to them just because the offer is provided by their network).

My advice; call Virgin customer service.

Trigger_happy
30-01-10, 00:36
No, the Virgin Mobile one is for the next month: I have the same tariff. I was caught out first time, but it is in the small print:

Free texts, web access and call rates are for UK use only. Excludes premium rate services. Free texts or web access will be added on the first day of the month following the top up(s) and are valid for one month or until used. ¹Unlimited texts subject to a fair use policy of 3000 texts per month. ²Unlimited web access subject to a fair use policy of 25MB per day (for 30p) or 1GB per month (for £20 top up). See legal stuff for details.

You'll get them next month.

Spong
30-01-10, 00:38
No, the Virgin Mobile one is for the next month...

LOL, just goes to show how bad they are then. Most other networks manage to activate things like this within minutes.

Trigger_happy
30-01-10, 00:41
LOL, just goes to show how bad they are then. Most other networks manage to activate things like this within minutes.

Yeah, oh well, I just can't be bothered to change network. And they aren't that bad- they get the job done, so yeah.

Real Life Raider
30-01-10, 01:21
On O2 Pay and Go you get unlimited texts and unlimited internet when you top up £15 each month ;)