PDA

View Full Version : Are you prettier in pics or in person, or both?

tombraiderluka
30-01-10, 14:54
I'm prettier in person, but I don't look bad in the pics as well :)

lara c. fan
30-01-10, 14:55
I'm neutral on the subject.

I think I look bad in both :p

Squibbly
30-01-10, 14:56
In person, due to not being photogenic at all. I look like a goofball in pictures.

tombraiderluka
30-01-10, 14:58

It's ok, you are a teenager, so your face is changing :)

Legend of Lara
No picture can contain my stunning beauty!

Cochrane
Always ugly. :D

Spong
30-01-10, 14:59
Are you prettier in pics or in person, or both?

For me, neither.

msalpha2omega
30-01-10, 14:59
Definitely in person! But some of my pics turn out okay lately... I wonder what has changed..... *thinks* http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/confused/confused0006.gif (http://www.mysmiley.net)

tombraiderluka
30-01-10, 15:01
Why do people here think that they're ugly? I mean tastes are different and maybe i consider someone here not that good looking, but it seems that people seem think think they are worse then they are. :confused:

VonCroy360
30-01-10, 15:01
I'm never pretty, but I look less ugly in person.

lara c. fan
30-01-10, 15:02
Why do people here think that they're ugly? I mean tastes are different and maybe i consider someone here not that good looking, but it seems that people seem think think they are worse then they are. :confused:

You stated one answer to your question.

remote91
30-01-10, 15:02
Lol neither, but has anybody noticed in the bathroom mirror you can look pretty damn good, but the second you see yourself in a mirror anywhere else you look absolutely terrible?

Happens to me too much :p

Spong
30-01-10, 15:03

Better to be 'down on yourself' than up your own ass. No one likes a narcissist ;)

But seriously, I'm pig-ugly. I could go double-dating with the Elephant Man and he'd be the 'looker'.

Rai
30-01-10, 15:03
I don't seem to be photogenic, so I'd say when I'm well groomed, I look better in person. Except the camera never lies, so...:pi:

lara c. fan
30-01-10, 15:05
Better to be 'down on yourself' than up your own ass. No one likes a narcissist ;)

But seriously, I'm pig-ugly. I could go double-dating with the Elephant Man and he'd be the 'looker'.

Bingo, and Bingo :p

tombraiderluka
30-01-10, 15:06
I consider myself good looking, am I a narcissist?

CelticGuard
30-01-10, 15:06
^No, until you keep staring at yourself in the mirror for hourse, maybe ;)

Lol neither, but has anybody noticed in the bathroom mirror you can look pretty damn good, but the second you see yourself in a mirror anywhere else you look absolutely terrible?

I guess we all just look at our faces which probably look better than the rest of us :p

Narcissism FTW!

Squibbly
30-01-10, 15:07
I consider myself good looking, am I a narcissist?

No, you don't have to be a narcissist just to be aware of your looks. If someone goes around saying "look at me! I'm SOOOO HOT", then yeah, they need to shut up. But if you're comfortable with yourself, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Crisl
30-01-10, 15:07

OMG, that happens to me ALL THE TIME :eek: :vlol: But seriously - I look at myself in the bathroom mirror a say to myself "hmm, not bad, I can go outside like that" and then I see myself in some mirror outside and am terrified :yik: I don't get it :vlol:

tombraiderluka
30-01-10, 15:09
^No, until you keep staring at yourself in the mirror for hourse, maybe ;)

No, you don't have to be a narcissist just to be aware of your looks. If someone goes around saying "look at me! I'm SOOOO HOT", then yeah, they need to shut up. But if you're comfortable with yourself, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Alright thanks :D

remote91
30-01-10, 15:10
OMG, that happens to me ALL THE TIME :eek: :vlol: But seriously - I look at myself in the bathroom mirror a say to myself "hmm, not bad, I can go outside like that" and then I see myself in some mirror outside and am terrified :yik: I don't get it :vlol:

Lmao, this is me before I ever have to go somewhere for a special occasion, then usually I look in a mirror in a restroom or whatever and it's like.. "oh God, what's wrong with me?!":eek:

Phlip
30-01-10, 15:12
It takes ages for me to get a good looking pic of me. In person I'm not all that great looking, too. :(Better to be 'down on yourself' than up your own ass. No one likes a narcissist ;)

You said you thought you where awesome. :vlol:

Jedd Fletcher
30-01-10, 15:13
I generally look better when I'm fitter, so I look good in photos taking when I was fitter. I think the same goes for everyone, heh.

Eddie Haskell
30-01-10, 15:13
Prettier? I don't know if I was ever described in such a fashion, but my wife tells me I look best when I'm sleeping. And perhaps, my image on a picture when I'm sleeping... ;)

On a side note, I always found it funny and interesting when people gather round to watch slides or look at old pics of themselves. The women invariably shudder and shake their heads at their old selves, dissatisfied or embarrassed by their clothes, their hair, their makeup or something else. The men don't take much notice either way, or else they say stuff like "man, I wish I still had that shirt", or "that was a great year".

Spong
30-01-10, 15:16
You said you thought you where awesome. :vlol:

Personality and looks are two separate things.

GameGlitcher77
30-01-10, 15:18
I think I look better in person than in pics. And besides I hate having a camera stuck in my face :mad: :cen:

remote91
30-01-10, 15:21
Personality and looks are two separate things.

True facts.

tomblover
30-01-10, 15:24
Well, err, I remember I look like a freaky, deformed turtle on my passport photo... :whi:

Dina_Croft
30-01-10, 15:25
I'm prettier in person.In pics I'm just ugly.

Squibbly
30-01-10, 15:25
Well, err, I remember I look like a freaky, deformed turtle on my passport photo... :whi:

:vlol: Passport photos are the worst! Mine looks like a mugshot.

Lara Fan 4Life
30-01-10, 15:30
Used to be really photogenic, now not so much! I am going through them ugly teenage years, so that may be the cause of it! Anyways, I pick neither at the moment! I come out horrible in photos, looking like I'm drunk, and while I look better in person, I'm still in no way good looking!

Encore
30-01-10, 15:30
I think everyone looks prettier in person, except those cases where the photos are shopped until the subjects become gods and goddesses. :p

:vlol: Passport photos are the worst! Mine looks like a mugshot.

You're so right, I'm beggining to think someone somewhere is having a laugh at all of us with those photos.. :o

Jo269976
30-01-10, 15:31
I'm prettiest in bed, knocked out, with a bottle of rum and some protection in my arse....nal.

RockSteady101
30-01-10, 15:35
I'm prettiest in bed, knocked out, with a bottle of rum and some protection in my arse....nal.

This.

Except replace "bed" with "in the back of a Ford Fiesta, wrapped in chains and headed to Luton Airport" :)

remote91
30-01-10, 15:43
Lmao

CerebralAssassin
30-01-10, 15:44
In person.

in pics I look like the meanest person in the world,whereas in person I smile a lot more.

HappyShannon
30-01-10, 15:49

This :D

Legend 4ever
30-01-10, 16:06
In person. I'm not really photogenic. And people think I'm a girl when I shave. But when I'm unshaven, they don't want to talk to me because they think I'm a street bum.

Chocola teapot
30-01-10, 16:26
I Love myself In the mirror But I look awful in Pictures.

remote91
30-01-10, 16:43
In person. I'm not really photogenic. And people think I'm a girl when I shave. But when I'm unshaven, they don't want to talk to me because they think I'm a street bum.

I lol'd :p

xXhayleyroxXx
30-01-10, 17:04
umm none :p

asherz
30-01-10, 17:23

Saame here.

Thorir
30-01-10, 17:41
I'm much better in person.
If I take 100 pictures, maybe 5-6 of them are usable. It's annoying and time consuming to be unphotogenic. :(

Immortalis08
30-01-10, 17:42
I'm way better in person. I'm not the most photogenic of the bunch.

Nenya awakens
30-01-10, 17:47
In person, I've never been photogenic, I look like a serial killer in most pictures.

CuteKittenlol
30-01-10, 17:54
In person, i pretty much always look awful in pictures, i dont have a photogenic face but really i think i have nice features, its strange and why i avoid a camera unless its me taking the pics cause i know my best side :p

TTV
30-01-10, 18:50
In person.

spikejones
30-01-10, 18:59
In person, due to not being photogenic at all. I look like a goofball in pictures.

this too

sandygrimm
30-01-10, 18:59
it all depend in they eyes of the beholder :)

corey01
30-01-10, 19:02
I have bad photos just like everyone (mainly drunk :p) But I think I look ok both ways :)

igonge
30-01-10, 19:24
I look like **** in photos. I'd say I looked better in person.

tombraiderluka
30-01-10, 19:57
Maybe make up will help for girls?

AmericanAssassin
30-01-10, 19:58
I looks like **** in person and in videos, but sometimes I look okay in photos. :pi:

Melonie Tomb Raider
30-01-10, 20:00
I like how I look much better in person than my photos. I've had people tell me I look prettier in person, too.

Though I can be very photogenic sometimes. Then again, other times I don't feel photogenic at all. :vlol: Depends on my mood, I guess.

I'm much better in person.
If I take 100 pictures, maybe 5-6 of them are usable. It's annoying and time consuming to be unphotogenic. :(

To be honest, it's rare for someone to take a bunch of pictures and like them all. No matter how photogenic one may be. I took a photography class before, and they emphasized taking as many pictures of the subject as possible. Even landscapes. You have to get the picture in the perfect moment, lighting, and place for it to look right, even if you're simply taking a picture of a flower. Models also have a bazillion pictures taken and only one or two may even be used. It's normal. :)

Aranara
30-01-10, 20:02
I'm NOT photogenic...at all. So in real life. Although I was in a shop and I was in the changing cabins and I saw my head from behind...it's square ffs! :vlol:

Melonie Tomb Raider
30-01-10, 20:08
I think everyone looks prettier in person, except those cases where the photos are shopped until the subjects become gods and goddesses. :p

This. Almost everyone I know looks much better in person than in pictures, there are very rare exceptions. Try watching a video of a beautiful person (Angelina Jolie, Megan Fox, Keira Knightley, whoever), and try pausing the video at random times. It's amazing how unflattering they can look at certain spots, yet when you see them in motion, they look gorgeous.

jackles
30-01-10, 20:11
I HOPE I look better in real life as I have seen some really gopping pictures of me!

Though now I look back at pics of the 'younger' me I am gutted that I wasn't that bad in my youth and couldn't see it at all then.

Shauni
30-01-10, 20:15

This happens to me all the time xD I think the mirrors in clothing stores are especially bad!

Reggie
30-01-10, 20:17
I can't tell much of a difference though IRL I'm quite animated which obviously won't come through on a static photo.

Melonie Tomb Raider
30-01-10, 20:17
@Shauni. Yeah, that's what bad lighting will do for you. Seems like the visor mirrors inside vehicles are the worst. :p

Carbonek_0051
30-01-10, 20:21
I really don't know, I don't check myself out.:p

tombraiderluka
30-01-10, 20:21
Maybe you should :p

Carbonek_0051
30-01-10, 20:22
Why?

tombraiderluka
30-01-10, 20:25
Why?
I was kidding :p

VictorXD
30-01-10, 20:27
I look like a complete retarded both ways!
https://people.mozilla.com/~dolske/tmp/awesome.png

Carbonek_0051
30-01-10, 20:28
I was kidding :p

I can never tell with you Luka.:p

tombraiderluka
30-01-10, 20:29
I can never tell with you Luka.:p
Maybe someone here is a model on TRF. Do you know anyone who's a model?

Antonio
30-01-10, 20:30
Few months ago I was thinking to post pic of myself on Tomb Raider Forum Member Pictures. When I looking my self in a mirror I say to myself "Damn I look hot" when I take a photo "Damn I look awful" when I make a funny face and take photo "Damn I look better than last time" or even when I move one single hair "OK that it, I will let the members use their imagination".

So you can say that I look better in person.

Your_Envy*
30-01-10, 20:42
^ I don't believe you. I demand a picture! :vlol: No really, I think you should post a picture of yourself. :) :hug:

For me - I think I look better in person. But I am not so sure about that. :o

tombraiderluka
30-01-10, 20:45
Yes you already told that Ana :ton:

Mad Tony
30-01-10, 21:05
I always find I prefer how I look in the mirror than I do in pictures.

Johnnay
30-01-10, 21:07

yep. for me looking in the mirror represents my image. looking at pics after someone posts them thats the problem. i will look ugly:(

tombraiderluka
30-01-10, 21:11
You can look different in the mirror then you really do. I remember a scene with Shannon Doherty in Charmed, she was looking at the mirror and her reflection was really ugly. But she's pretty like this. And it can be other way around :p

da tomb raider!
30-01-10, 21:11
I look pretty in both photos and in person. Damn pretty, I might add. And hot. Scorching, in fact. Damn.

FourBalls
30-01-10, 21:15
I take alright photos but I definitely look better in person. I think it's better that way because it would suck if you saw someone's picture, thought "wow" and then met them in real life and thought "ew" :p But that's just me, haha.

Mad Tony
30-01-10, 21:16
You can look different in the mirror then you really do. I remember a scene with Shannon Doherty in Charmed, she was looking at the mirror and her reflection was really ugly. But she's pretty like this. And it can be other way around :pLooking in the mirror is more accurate than looking at a photograph.

tombraiderluka
30-01-10, 21:20
I look pretty in both photos and in person. Damn pretty, I might add. And hot. Scorching, in fact. Damn.

*vomits*

I take alright photos but I definitely look better in person. I think it's better that way because it would suck if you saw someone's picture, thought "wow" and then met them in real life and thought "ew" :p But that's just me, haha.

Hahaha lmao :vlol: It could happen :p

Looking in the mirror is more accurate than looking at a photograph.

Don't think so.

FourBalls
30-01-10, 21:22
Don't think so.
If that were true I'd look like crap, which I don't :p I like how I look in mirrors, haha.

tombraiderluka
30-01-10, 21:25
If that were true I'd look like crap, which I don't :p I like how I look in mirrors, haha.
Well I don't think mirrors are more accurate. I mean everything is twisted in it

FourBalls
30-01-10, 21:27
Well I don't think mirrors are more accurate. I mean everything is twisted in it
Twisted how? Photographs are practically the same.

Mad Tony
30-01-10, 21:29
Photographs are way more unreliable than looking in a normal mirror. I don't know how anyone can dispute this.

I get the feeling you're only saying this because of what I said earlier about thinking I look better in the mirror. I haven't got a victim complex or anything but you do seem to enjoy having digs at me.

Hadow
30-01-10, 21:31
i look better in person :o

tranniversary119
30-01-10, 21:33
Like most people I guess I look better in person.

Lara Fan 4Life
30-01-10, 21:35

Same with me! :hug:

tombraiderluka
30-01-10, 21:36
Twisted how? Photographs are practically the same.

Umm, no? In photographs you see as other's see you and the mirror is a twisted image.

Photographs are way more unreliable than looking in a normal mirror. I don't know how anyone can dispute this.

I get the feeling you're only saying this because of what I said earlier about thinking I look better in the mirror. I haven't got a victim complex or anything but you do seem to enjoy having digs at me.

I haven't even read your post till now, I was replying to Johnnay's post. :yik: Dear lord.

Mad Tony
30-01-10, 21:38
Umm, no? In photographs you see as other's see you and the mirror is a twisted image.It's only a twisted image if the mirror itself is twisted. Also, in photographs the pictures can often be blurry or overly dark/light. This isn't how other people see you.

FourBalls
Umm, no? In photographs you see as other's see you and the mirror is a twisted image.
The whole point of a mirror is to see what you look like to other people though. So I don't really understand what the big difference is :confused:

I'm just curious :p

tranniversary119

I haven't even read your post till now, I was replying to Johnnay's post. :yik: Dear lord.

It's true, my science teacher A LONG time ago was talking to us about how you see yourself as normal in the mirror, but if somebody else looked at you in the mirror they'd see a practically different person. Put a mark on your face, then look in the mirror, it'll appear on the opposite side.

AmericanAssassin
30-01-10, 21:39

I can't imagine. I look in the mirror every time I pass one. :p

tombraiderluka
30-01-10, 21:39
So nobody here is prettier in pics than in person?

AmericanAssassin
30-01-10, 21:40

I definitely am. ;)

Lara Fan 4Life
30-01-10, 21:40
I can't imagine. I look in the mirror every time I pass one. :p

Strange, I do as well! If there's some mirror next to me, I have to look into it to see how I look! :p Can't believe I just posted that! :p

Marianna12
30-01-10, 21:41

I am!:p

tombraiderluka
30-01-10, 21:41
^ Shut up.

I definitely am. ;)
Awww :( Kidding :D

Your_Envy*
30-01-10, 21:42
Yes you already told that Ana :ton:

No I haven't! This was my first post in this thread. :p You daydream too much, Luka. :D

tombraiderluka
30-01-10, 21:43
No I haven't! This was my first post in this thread. :p You daydream too much, Luka. :D
:hug: govn*r

Marianna12
30-01-10, 21:43
^ Shut up.

:(

tombraiderluka
30-01-10, 21:44
:(
I saw you and you look amazing :)

Marianna12
30-01-10, 21:45
I saw you and you look amazing :)

Where did you see me?:pi:

toxicraider
30-01-10, 21:45
I'm not sure.
I look really dreadful in some pics, but others look a fair bit better than how I do in real life.

tombraiderluka
30-01-10, 21:47
Where did you see me?:pi:
At the bar :cool:

Marianna12
30-01-10, 21:49
At the bar :cool:

Oh that's why I had this weird feeling that someone was watching me!

Your_Envy*
30-01-10, 21:52
:hug: govn*r

:eek: Govno. :hug:

tombraiderluka
30-01-10, 21:53
Oh that's why I had this weird feeling that someone was watching me!

Nice sig :p

:eek: Govno. :hug:

:vlol:

Your_Envy*
30-01-10, 21:55

I love you too. <3

Archetype
30-01-10, 22:58
I don't really know to be honest as I'm can't really say I ever evaluate my looks. Hate being in photo's though..

To take a guess, I would imagine I look better in person.

KurtisLonely
30-01-10, 23:15
I look better in pictures cause I can photoshop those :-D

Capt. Murphy
30-01-10, 23:22
I have gotten looks from some girl/ladies... That would make me think I was good looking, but I've taken pictures of myself where I thought... "Ack :-P" Then again, I've had someone tell me (that seen a picture of me) "I'm willing to bet that women must drop dead right in front of you." :o

And... *eh* one "male" from australia that used to be registered here seen a pic of me and said I was "hot". I took offense to it... But I got over it, then took it for what it was - a compliment.

tombraiderluka
31-01-10, 01:10
I have gotten looks from some girl/ladies... That would make me think I was good looking, but I've taken pictures of myself where I thought... "Ack :-P" Then again, I've had someone tell me (that seen a picture of me) "I'm willing to bet that women must drop dead right in front of you." :o

And... *eh* one "male" from australia that used to be registered here seen a pic of me and said I was "hot". I took offense to it... But I got over it, then took it for what it was - a compliment.
You took offense to it? >.<

Legend 4ever
31-01-10, 01:34
I lol'd :p

I would too. If it was someone else.

Paddy
31-01-10, 02:08

Actually its better to feel good about yourself but not be up your own ass :p

CiaKonwerski
31-01-10, 02:14
I think I look a whole lot better in person and in the mirror then I do in pictures.

Catracoth
31-01-10, 02:16
In all honesty, I only look good in pictures if the camera that took the photos is a high quality one. Otherwise, I believe I look better in person.

TombRaiderFan.
31-01-10, 02:37
The camera doesn't particularity love me when the lighting around me is bad. In fact, I should change my facebook pic. :p

MiCkiZ88
31-01-10, 02:57
I think I look better in pictures, but Mitch (bf) says otherwise. :/

I look better on pictures when the lighting is proper and there are no weird shadows on my face, lol. One of the reasons why I hate being on webcam when someone else wants to see me when Mitch is on it.

CandicoTT
31-01-10, 04:12
Hmm I'm not photogenic, so I think I generally look better in real life.

Hairhelmet12
31-01-10, 04:22
i look good in both! but that might be my ego.

Another Lara
31-01-10, 11:20
I hate the majority of my photos as I think I look nothing like that in real life! Not that I consider myself attractive in real life, but I'm less ugly than I am in pictures! :o

Ikas90
31-01-10, 11:35
I don't think I'm that photogenic tbh. I do sometimes manage to get decent pictures taken though.

I can't really answer the question. It's all up to the perception of others. :)

tombraiderluka
31-01-10, 11:40
I don't think I'm that photogenic tbh. I do sometimes manage to get decent pictures taken though.

I can't really answer the question. It's all up to the perception of others. :)
It's not important how others see you :)

larson n natla
31-01-10, 12:02
Im going to go ahead and say neither, photo's always look terrible and I wouldn't say I was much of a looker.

lacryjr
31-01-10, 12:48
I take bazilions photos before choosing the one that feels like 'me' on person, I guess.

Lara Croft!
31-01-10, 13:55
This question is best answered by some other than ourself. In some pics I may look better than in my everyday life (as in special occassion pics I have better make-up hair and clothes) and vice versa. I have been told that I'm photogenic and I do believe that I'm not as good looking as some pics show. Fortunately my boyfriend bids to disagree! :D

Ada the Mental
31-01-10, 14:48
I guess I look decent-ish in real life, but I'm not photogenic at all.
If the camera is of good quality I might manage to look okay (as long as it's not shoved too close to my face and there is good lighting). But I look really ugly and downright scary in pics taken by webcams or phone cameras: my face looks puffy, my lips swollen and I have epic dark circles.

ajrich17901
31-01-10, 14:56
I'm gonna say in person because I can take like 30 pics and only look somewhat decent in like 2 lmao.

MattTR
31-01-10, 16:44
I'm going to say better in person because erm.. it's the real deal, girlfriend. :ohn:

the ancient
31-01-10, 16:50
I always look stupid on pics so I am much pretier in real life

Minty Mouth
31-01-10, 17:58
Oh, I didn't realise cameras today were fitted with an ugly filter...

Er- you guys do know that what you look like on pictures is what you look like in RL, right? You look the same in both, you just werent looking in the mirror, all poserlike and prepared when someone snapped a candid of you :p

Antonio
31-01-10, 18:29
^ I don't believe you. I demand a picture! :vlol: No really, I think you should post a picture of yourself. :) :hug:

For me - I think I look better in person. But I am not so sure about that. :o

Hahaha, for you I will:D, someday :pi:, if I may say you look better either way, well I didn't see you in person, though.:p

Your_Envy*
31-01-10, 18:33
Hahaha, for you I will:D, someday :pi:, if I may say you look better either way, well I didn't see you in person, though.:p

You will? :jmp: Well this "someday" better come quick, then! :D
Hahaha! I am big fan of Croatian coast, we can meet in the summer! :vlol:

elizard_9594
31-01-10, 18:37
id say in person, but pictures usually turn out well too.
i guess i have to say both. I think it's kinda one of the requirements for being a model. (runway & Pictures)

Isaac
31-01-10, 18:45
I think I look prettier in pics than I do in real life...

When I posted the first picture of me, I got like tons of comments such as "Handsome" "hottest guy ever" or "you sir are really hot", I suddenly got plenty of attention... Which was very unexpected because at school, in class or even when I walk in the street, people hardly notice me, It's like if I was invisible to people.

I can count on one single hand the people that really looked at me for whatever reason.

So I guess that I'm better in pics.

matrix54
31-01-10, 19:31
I LOOK HORRIBLE IN PICTURES :yik:

I like fine in person :)

CuteKittenlol
31-01-10, 19:37
Er- you guys do know that what you look like on pictures is what you look like in RL, right? You look the same in both, you just werent looking in the mirror, all poserlike and prepared when someone snapped a candid of you :p

I strongly disagree :p There are photos of me that if i held it infront of me and then looked in the mirror and compared, they look NOTHING like me. I don't know what it is, but its just not me, in an unflattering angle it can make me look like 20x heavier too XD Obviously there are some that do look like me and they're the ones i'll use for things but otherwise at the wrong angle..photos, are meh

Psychos'Я'Us
31-01-10, 19:43
It depends...sometimes I think I look awful in real life and in pics and sometimes I think I look amazing in both.

Weemanply109
31-01-10, 22:20

same here :(

Tomb-Dude
31-01-10, 22:32
Depends =/

Sometimes awful in pictures and in real life.
And some days it's the complete opposite, but I'm going to say pictures. Because I tend to get comments on here and noticed more then I do out in public. People barely notice when i attempt to make an effort :p

scremanie
31-01-10, 22:53
I hate pictures..

It seems that every time i'm in one i'm pulling the wrong face or I look liek an ogre...

digitizedboy
31-01-10, 22:59
I've NEVER been photogenic, so I'd have to say I'm better in person. But even that's saying something.

CerebralAssassin
01-02-10, 02:47

lol

remote91
01-02-10, 02:50
lol
I concur

Big Matt
01-02-10, 03:23
I'm not pretty at all. Nor handsome, or good looking, etc. No matter how you package me, I just am not a box of chocolates.

Though it's not saying much, I do look better in the bathroom mirror than in photos or video. Actually it's saying a lot because I scarcely recognize myself on video. I suspect that's because when I'm using the mirror to shave and comb my hair in the mornings, I am subconsciously adjusting and tweaking my pose, angle, facial expression, etc. in real time until I find the absolute least hideous -- one in a million -- view of myself. Once that snapshot is in my brain I can give myself the customary "well, it's not as bad as it could be" before I head out the door.

Of course the moment I leave the mirror all that micro-adjustment stops and I revert back to the full fury of my naturally unappealing form and visage. To be honest, I don't mind. It sounds terrible but, I am at a place in my life where scaring the crap out of people is far more useful to me than being something pleasant for them to look at (not that I've ever been pleasant to look at). It's actually kind of neat -- even guard dogs avert their gaze when I look them in the eye. It's both a comfort and an asset to have people clear me a path and leave me alone.

As far as how I look to others, since I can't step outside of myself and see what I look like I can't really say, but people making a point to stay out of my way and having guard dogs shy away from me when I look at them is a pretty good indicator that I'm not what someone would call "easy on the eyes."

Though now I look back at pics of the 'younger' me I am gutted that I wasn't that bad in my youth and couldn't see it at all then.

Same here. Though he was my best friend in the whole world, my father simply didn't comprehend the concept of tact and called things as he saw them. He was a man of complete honesty and wouldn't have told a lie to save his own life. As a result, it was indicated to me numerous times that I wasn't exactly a looker, though he didn't consider himself one either. Because of that and a lot of other incidents, I grew up thinking I was absolutely ugly. I look at the pictures from fifteen years ago when I was a teenager and in comparison to what I look like now that life has had some time to tear me down, my appearance wasn't nearly as awful as I thought.

jaywalker
01-02-10, 09:02
I hate the majority of my photos as I think I look nothing like that in real life! Not that I consider myself attractive in real life, but I'm less ugly than I am in pictures! :o

You are so not ugly my darling. You will just say i am bias, but its the truth. :) :hug: in pictures or reality you are gorgeous