PDA

View Full Version : Lara Croft inserted into different game

Eddie Haskell
30-01-10, 21:36
During our last Diablo mutiplayer game, we had a brief conversation about how Lara would do if she were a character in this game. Necromanser said poorly, because she had no resistance to elemental damage. I of course laughed, but then it got me thinking. How would Lara perform with all of her skills (Underworld, original, etc) in the Tomb Raider game, if she replaced a main character in a different game by a different company of your choosing? :)

Quasimodo
30-01-10, 21:40
Lara would get mixed results replacing Altair or Ezio in AC. On one hand, she'd have the advantage of long range firearms. On the other, she's dreadful at hiding and would soon end up in the stocks.

Shauni
30-01-10, 21:41
She would blast the heck out of zombies in Resident Evil games :D

tomblover
Agility buff.

That is all. :vlol:

Aranara
Lara in Halo :vlol:
With her Dual Pistols she would kick anyone's ass :vlol:

EDIT: And I would love to have a Lara in World of Warcraft :) Draenei ftw! :tmb:

shadow_fire
Lara would get mixed results replacing Altair or Ezio in AC. On one hand, she'd have the advantage of long range firearms. On the other, she's dreadful at hiding and would soon end up in the stocks.

Thats if they can get near her lols

patriots88888
30-01-10, 21:44
Wowza! Desperate times call for desperate measures indeed!

Capt. Murphy
30-01-10, 21:53
If Lara were in a Metroid game - would she have 2 arm cannons? :vlol:

...Which would leave her with no hands to pick up anything. ;)

IMO - she would give Samus a run for her (whatever she gets for turning in bountys).

Lenochka
30-01-10, 22:01
I was once playing Super Smash Bros. Melee with my cousin and we were going on about characters that should be in the game and Lara was one of them xD It would be epic to shoot pikachu or mario in the face lmao

toxicraider
30-01-10, 22:21
I reckon she'd fit in perfectly in Dead or Alive, I can't put my finger on why, though.
:pi:

Capt. Murphy
30-01-10, 22:25
I reckon she'd fit in perfectly in Dead or Alive, I can't put my finger on why, though.
:pi:

How 'bout 2 fingers? :cln:

Edit: that sounds worse than it was meant to be. :o

ON is the word we're looking for here. :pi:

shadow_fire
30-01-10, 22:29
I was gonna suggest Tekken.....(coz Im a major tekken fan :p)
But she would get absolutly pummled :o

Mind you If she got to use her "artifects" and could actually, ya know punch, then maybe

Catracoth
30-01-10, 22:33
I'd like to see Lara take on the role of James Bond.

tranniversary119
30-01-10, 22:43
It'd be interesting to see Lara in one of the Left 4 Dead games. :p

shadow_fire
30-01-10, 22:46
Imagine....
Lara Croft as the Next Crash Banicoot character :p

TombRaider4444
30-01-10, 22:51
I would like a special "Lara Croft" Human option on world of warcraft. Screw warlocks bring on TombRaider. Features. Non customizable lara croft -sans clothes and two pistols as her weapon. Her breast physics feature works well dodging drawfs!

trlestew
30-01-10, 23:02
Lara Croft in Oblivion. She'll be able to carry infinite items in her backpack and never be over ecumbered :yik: Also she'll just kill any guard who trys to mess with the thieves guild in a heartbeat. :mis:

or Lara croft in bayonetta :p

dizzydoil
30-01-10, 23:04
It'd be interesting to see Lara in one of the Left 4 Dead games. :p
MMMHMMM YES :jmp:! (Currently obsessed with LD4)

voltz
30-01-10, 23:14
While I do wait to see that happen, she did make it in RE4 apparently.

90ww4Nr6awg

Phys
30-01-10, 23:46
Lara in Halo :vlol:
With her Dual Pistols she would kick anyone's ass :vlol:

That sounds great actually :tmb: Especially since the pistols are pretty strong in Halo.

Eddie Haskell
31-01-10, 01:06
I'll bet many of you would like to see her in Dragons Age so that you can romance her. :o

Ward Dragon
31-01-10, 01:31
I'll bet many of you would like to see her in Dragons Age so that you can romance her. :o

Ew, no. Larson, however :whi:

TombRaiderFan.
31-01-10, 01:32
^ Don't be silly Eddie, you can do that in the Sims already. ;)

I've seen ton of people who create her in the Sims. For some reason I never made her character in my game. I guess I don't really like her that much. :p

krycekuva
31-01-10, 01:33
in:

mortal kombat.
prince of persia.
uncharted
unreal
quake

Spong
31-01-10, 02:07
I'd like to see Lara take on the role of James Bond.

Crystal already did that with Legend ;)

spikejones
31-01-10, 02:56

90ww4Nr6awg

interestingly awesome.. is that a downloadable mod?

Doom III would obliterate Lara

TombRaiderFan.
31-01-10, 03:15
Crystal already did that with Legend ;)

I don't think it suits her too much, but admittedly it does to some--just some--extent.

Eddie Haskell
31-01-10, 03:39
interestingly awesome.. is that a downloadable mod?

Doom III would obliterate Lara

Now that would be a funny sight... :vlol:

Phlip
31-01-10, 03:41

90ww4Nr6awg

Why is Lara in RE4? :confused: Is that official?

M.A.
31-01-10, 07:31
Why is Lara in RE4? :confused: Is that official?

It's PC Voodoo!!! :D

No, it's not official. It's a fan made mod for RE4 PC which replaces Ada Wong 3D mesh with Legend Lara. :)

Spong
31-01-10, 07:34
Why is Lara in RE4? :confused:

Because someone had too much time on their hands.

Is that official?

Does that question really need answering? Do you think Capcom really got it together with a comparatively insignificant publisher like Eidos to knock out a mod that appeals to such a narrow-margined audience (Resi fans who are also TR fans)?

AmericanAssassin
31-01-10, 07:35
Lara has defeated not one, but two gods. I think she'd kick ass in pretty much any situation. :p

Spong
31-01-10, 07:35
Lara has defeated not one, but two gods. I think she'd kick ass in pretty much any situation. :p

You mean Seth and Natla? She didn't defeat Natla (see BtA and LS for more info) ;)

AmericanAssassin
31-01-10, 07:37
You mean Seth and Natla? She didn't defeat Natla (see BtA and LS for more info)

Oh, please. :pi: She kicked her ass, though. That's still more than most other video game characters have done. ;)

Necromanser
31-01-10, 10:29
All she needs is a few runewords ;). But seriously though I believe she won't do well in games like:

-Fallout (Unless her makeup is lead based :))
-Half Life
-Far Cry 2

If she was put into these games and was governed by the normal laws of physics she'd be really frail, wouldn't be able to do her whole acrobatic routine, shoot while doing somersaults and the like(Because the accuracy would suck).

But then if she was put into less realistic games with less realistic physics and enemies then she would own.

So I guess it depends on the realism levels of the game

Eddie Haskell
31-01-10, 13:05
^ Good examples.

If Lara replaced Garrett in Thief, the AoD model might do ok. And of course she'd have the advanced weaponry to forgo stealth and blast her way to the finish.

Garrett's rope arrows, which are needed to complete the game, could be replaced by the CD grapple...that is of course if it was actually a useful tool (which it is of course far from).

Placing Lara in Descent...well, let's just say that she better learn how to fly a spaceship real fast.

I'd like to see Lara as the first female fighter in Medal of Honor:Allied Assault replacing Powell. Imagine the looks on all of the soldiers faces as they see the heavily painted face of Lieutenant "Legend" Lara leaping around on Omaha Beach...I'd like to see that... ;)

T-Sex
31-01-10, 13:07
-Fallout (Unless her makeup is lead based :))
-Half Life
-Far Cry 2

1. Depends which fallout game you mean
2. Lara could probabaly "complete" Half life 1 and 2. The Nevada levels in TR3 are similar in some parts to black mesa, and for Half life 2 she would just do whatever Alyx did :p
3. I hated far cry 2 and cant really comment because i rushed through it.

Medal of Honor:Allied Assault
<3
I loved that game so much.

Phlip
31-01-10, 14:45
It's PC Voodoo!!! :D

No, it's not official. It's a fan made mod for RE4 PC which replaces Ada Wong 3D mesh with Legend Lara. :)

I wish TR mods would allow for extra 3D meshes. :(

Eddie Haskell
31-01-10, 14:56
How would Lara do replacing B.J. Blazkowicz in Return to Castle Wolfenstein? Objectively speaking, and if this were the Lara from TR3 with all of her weapons, I'd say there is a possibility. But could she defeat the UberSoldats, or even the Lopers? And would she even stand a chance against Heinrich?

T-Sex
31-01-10, 15:02
How would Lara do replacing B.J. Blazkowicz in Return to Castle Wolfenstein? Objectively speaking, and if this were the Lara from TR3 with all of her weapons, I'd say there is a possibility. But could she defeat the UberSoldats, or even the Lopers? And would she even stand a chance against Heinrich?

Yeah, she'd just jump to her left and right in a pattern whilst firing the rocket launcher :p

Although i think she'd fail on the mission where you have to sneak into the base without raising the alarm, because she'd just murder everyone on the way there :p

Necromanser
31-01-10, 15:30
I f she was limited by Wolfensteins game mechanics she wouldn't stand a chance, you can't do any acrobatic manouveres so she'd pretty much be torn to shreds by the miniguns.

If she retained all her skills she would still probably die, she never really packed much firepower and bosses in Wolfenstein need a lot of bullets to take em down.

as for the her being able to take on HL2:

She doesn't have any power armour(HEV suit), yes she may be more acrobatic than freeman but one well aimed combine ball or a good rpg round will finish her off.

remote91
31-01-10, 15:30
Stick her in Silent Hill and we can see what her inner demons look like

MattTR
31-01-10, 15:43
Lara in Super Smash Bros would be EPIC.. :pi:

Besides that, I don't know.. :vlol: Maybe Soul Calibur?

Eddie Haskell
31-01-10, 16:20
I f she was limited by Wolfensteins game mechanics she wouldn't stand a chance, you can't do any acrobatic manouveres so she'd pretty much be torn to shreds by the miniguns.

If she retained all her skills she would still probably die, she never really packed much firepower and bosses in Wolfenstein need a lot of bullets to take em down.

as for the her being able to take on HL2:

She doesn't have any power armour(HEV suit), yes she may be more acrobatic than freeman but one well aimed combine ball or a good rpg round will finish her off.

Yes, but I said "with her skills". So the game mechanics of the character would be hers from Tomb Raider. The enemies would remain the same, as would any other environmental appendages. So she could leap about the place lie a flea. But would this matter? Would a Loper just electrocute her quick? Could she use her athleticism to avoid the Uber Soldat's firepower? Would Heinrich laugh as he killed her in seconds?

How about Lara replacing Pac-Man? ;)

Alive_and_Funky
01-02-10, 17:01
I'm not attempting to fuel the whole "women can't play football/soccer" argument here, but I just can't see Lara doing all that well in games such as FIFA or Pro Evolution Soccer. Well, I guess there was that ball you could kick into the goal in Tomb Raider: Legend, but from what I remember she was rather poor at controlling the ball.

In all semi-seriousness, Lara would be pants in shoot-'em-ups (the ones where you fly a ship around and blast everyone). On her own she would be a sitting duck, and I'm not really certain that Lara can fly a spaceship. :p

Very interesting thread, by the way. :tmb:

ozzman
01-02-10, 19:57
Lara Would Get OWNED if she was in Ninja Gaiden II, or maybe put her in Devil May Cry