PDA

View Full Version : I love level 3!

OfficialLaraFa
31-01-10, 23:15
How awesome was level 3? It was great to see Lara attend that party and how she could walk around and fit into the party, then obviously the walking on the rooftops etc. It was just great :D. Plus Lara's outfit here was one of my favourites :D

gabrielorie
31-01-10, 23:38
yes its an awesome level:D.my favourite in the game infact:D.i'm almost sure we will never see lara in that outfit again:(.

OfficialLaraFa
31-01-10, 23:54
Aww that's too bad :(. I always think the games focus more on her combat gear too much, rather than her formal wear etc lol.

Rai
Japan as a level was fine. The dress on the other hand was hideous. Not at all classy.

TheBloodRed
Japan as a level was fine. The dress on the other hand was hideous. Not at all classy.

:ton:

gabrielorie
31-01-10, 23:58

since when was lara class:p?

Phlip
01-02-10, 00:00
since when was lara class:p?

Always.

Rai
01-02-10, 00:04
Always.

Exactly. No matter what Lara is doing, she is a lady and acts with decorum.

gabrielorie
01-02-10, 00:28
Always.

really:p?i don't want to ressurect my old thread:p.

Phlip
01-02-10, 01:11
really:p?i don't want to ressurect my old thread:p.

Yes. She's never been a sket, apart from when she wore this dress and the wetsuit in Underworld.

scremanie
01-02-10, 01:22
I didnt really liek Japan... but i'm not saying that just cause I dont like it no one else should. My fav was Peru :D

gabrielorie
01-02-10, 01:33
Yes. She's never been a sket, apart from when she wore this dress and the wetsuit in Underworld.

i'm not gonna start a core vs crystal argument over the internet,so i'm gonna ignore the post:p.

scremanie
01-02-10, 01:40

Whats a sket? :confused:

gabrielorie
01-02-10, 01:47
Whats a sket? :confused:

exactly what i was thinking:o.i think it means slut:confused:.

Vermillion
01-02-10, 01:51
Yeah, this level was definitely something new and original for the TR-series. Something fresh and different than a tomb or pyramid for a change. Stuff like this is what TR:Underworld fell short on.

If every level is a tomb or Underworld, it get's too repetitive. That's what I also like about TR3, the levels where very diverce and the locations where completely different. Indian jungle, London rooftops, Area51, Antarctica etc.

scremanie
01-02-10, 01:54
exactly what i was thinking:o.i think it means slut:confused:.

what a stupid word to call Lara... I can think of ones twice as bad :rolleyes:

gabrielorie
01-02-10, 01:57

i never called her a slut:yik:!!i just thought thats what the word meant:o.here is the meaningShort for Sketel. Caribbean term for Super Ho

scremanie
01-02-10, 02:02
i never called her a slut:yik:!!i just thought thats what the word meant:o.here is the meaning

lol, I know :p

I was just joking around with you :hug:

gabrielorie
01-02-10, 02:10
lol, I know :p

I was just joking around with you :hug:

ok:D.

Phlip
01-02-10, 02:24

Sket means slut, **** or whore. She was only a slut wearing that distastefully revealing wetsuit and ghetto-ish dress.

And this has nothing to do with Core vs Crystal. :confused:

gabrielorie
01-02-10, 02:30
Sket means slut, **** or whore. She was only a slut wearing that distastefully revealing wetsuit and ghetto-ish dress.

it wasn't slutty;).it was used to advertise the game and get more sales:).

scremanie
01-02-10, 07:02

Have you looked up the definition of those words too? Cause Lara aint one of them... well, on the weekends anyways.

I didnt say that it did..:confused:

chriss99
01-02-10, 07:53
Japan level was indeed quite enjoying. I just loved the view from the top of the building. The cars looked funny though. :D
It was nice but definetely not my favorite level of all times.

Changeling
01-02-10, 08:34
Yeah, this level was definitely something new and original for the TR-series. Something fresh and different than a tomb or pyramid for a change. Stuff like this is what TR:Underworld fell short on.

Well it is called Tomb Raider y'know, not Urban Raider. It was hardly new and original, we've had urban areas before in the series (Venice and London anyone? Or Paris? Prague?)

I enjoyed Japan as a level, but it's not my favourite, my favourite was Nepal. However, I don't want to see Lara wearing that dress in-game again. I know that sex-sells and all that jazz, but seriously, if you want to sexualize Lara (even though I'm against it), do it in your own time and outside the games, not in the games.

scremanie
01-02-10, 08:40
Well it is called Tomb Raider y'know, not Urban Raider. It was hardly new and original, we've had urban areas before in the series (Venice and London anyone? Or Paris? Prague?)

I enjoyed Japan as a level, but it's not my favourite, my favourite was Nepal. However, I don't want to see Lara wearing that dress in-game again. I know that sex-sells and all that jazz, but seriously, if you want to sexualize Lara (even though I'm against it), do it in your own time and outside the games, not in the games.

lol, I agree.

But Lara is already sexualized, no matter what she wears. Thats just the icon she is nowadays. I am not disagreeing with you or anything, i'm just stating the obvious :whi:

Aranara
01-02-10, 08:46
I liked the Japan level, one of my favorites :D

nick styger
01-02-10, 09:38
I was so awestruck by the Japan level that it all went by in a blur. I'm looking forward to playing it again. I did like lara's dress, especially when she ripped it and got down to action. Cool. And there's something about a barefoot Lara in an evening dress that shows a bit of her vulnerable side...and I like the contrast to her kickass nature...makes her more identifiable.

anniversarytr11
01-02-10, 09:54
it was ok

almayah
01-02-10, 11:00
Japan levl is mine least favourite :)

michaeldt
01-02-10, 11:34
Lara looked like a slut in that dress IMO....

HappyShannon
01-02-10, 16:40
I loved Japan :D
Not my favourite level in the game, but I still think it's great :p

Simochka
01-02-10, 16:42

So a woman who show skin is a slut? So if you ever marry a woman wouldn't you let her show some skin without calling her slut or whore?

Always.

or not

Phlip
01-02-10, 17:19
So a woman who show skin is a slut? So if you ever marry a woman wouldn't you let her show some skin without calling her slut or whore?

LOL! "Lara" was going overboard with that dress, though. It showed her whole naked back and had a very long V cut down to below her boobs. Very trashy.

Simochka
01-02-10, 17:37
LOL! "Lara" was going overboard with that dress, though. It showed her whole naked back and had a very long V cut down to below her boobs. Very trashy.

A womans body is beautiful and NOT trashy.

It looks like a dress a rich, glamorous model would wear. And they are not trashy.

chriss99
01-02-10, 17:44

It looks like a dress a rich, glamorous model would wear. And they are not trashy.

I agree. I don't think Lara looked "trashy" in that dress at all.
She looks sexy whatever she wears, whether it's a black dress or a snow heavy.
She doesn't need to be explicit with her sexiness to be attractive.

nick styger
01-02-10, 17:46

I agree. But I suppose sensuality is still a taboo in certain places. Pity really.

Phlip
01-02-10, 18:03

She didn't need to flaunt her body around like a desperate stripper to look beautiful. This was the originally planned dress, which is classy and beautiful:

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc80/Phlip_03/Tokyodress.jpg

nick styger
01-02-10, 18:36
She didn't need to flaunt her body around like a desperate stripper to look beautiful. This was the originally planned dress, which is classy and beautiful:

I agree with you that the original planned dress is a very elegant one, but I am also partial to a bit of tart once in a while.:D

T-Sex
01-02-10, 19:23
I prefer the original dress by miles.

Changeling
01-02-10, 19:30

What about when she rips it? Don't you think that was a bit too much?

nick styger
01-02-10, 19:35
What about when she rips it? Don't you think that was a bit too much?
I must say that came as a bit of a surprise, but no surprise....just being practical so she can kick some brutus guy's ass.:jmp:

Rai
01-02-10, 19:39

You see, this dress is very classy whilst allowing Lara to still be sexy. Of course Lara is sexy (for a bunch of polygons :p), but sexy does not have to equate to showing off as much flesh as possible. I don't understand why they changed the design of the dress. Elegant + Class + Sexy = Lara and this design suits her to a 'T'. :tmb: the dress that was used was just wrong - especially after she ripped it and revealed her knickers no matter how 'practical' you try to dress it up as.

I actually think that Lara's ladylike and sexy qualities is what makes what she does even more crazy fun!

Anywho, we're supposed to be discussing the level.

Um...I found the fight with Takomoto (sp?) was quite hard in the first play through, now it is easy. :p

nick styger
01-02-10, 19:50
I never noticed the knickers. See ya later.:cln:

Phlip
01-02-10, 19:53
I never noticed the knickers. See ya later.:cln:

It's actually a semi-transparent thong. It SCREAMS trashy. :rolleyes:

chriss99
01-02-10, 19:56
Lara is a woman who would remain classy even if she worn a transparent, plastic bag. It's a matter of attitude and not a dress. Lara should be proud of her polygons!

The fight with Takamoto is one of my favourite! Very enjoying :)

Mytly
01-02-10, 20:02
I enjoyed the Japan level - I like city levels, and Japan is one of my favourite countries. And getting to Takamato's building via the rooftops was fun. :D That said, I do wish they had fleshed out the level more. The concept art shows some gorgeous additional rooms, and apparently the bike ride was going to be longer and/or more complex. :(

It's actually a semi-transparent thong. It SCREAMS trashy. :rolleyes:
It's not a thong, by many, many inches of material. ;)

Phlip
01-02-10, 20:03
Lara is a woman who would remain classy even if she worn a transparent, plastic bag.

That's impossible!

chriss99
01-02-10, 20:08
Of course it's possible. Everything is possible in a video game! ;)

Phlip
01-02-10, 20:16

No, no-one can be classy in a bin bag. Imagine the Queen in a bin bag.

chriss99
01-02-10, 20:24
You would be amazed how persuasive can Lara be. Even in a bin bag.

gabrielorie
01-02-10, 20:27
my aunt wore a dress like the japan(unripped:p)and no one called her a slut because it was ocational;).lara will never get a chance to wear a dress again:(.but i aunt will:p.

gabrielorie
01-02-10, 20:27
You would be amazed how persuasive can Lara be. Even in a bin bag.

:vlol:.

Rai
01-02-10, 20:30

Whilst I can agree that class and elegance is portrayed just as much in how one holds oneself and acts, rather than what one wears, the Japan dress kinda contradicts the impression a woman of class and elegance would wish to portray. It is true that woman with a fantastic figure could still manage to look good even in a bin bag tied with a piece of rope and still behave with elegance, the 'dress' wouldn't be the best impression would it? :p

I like to imagine that Lara would want to first fit in at a party held by a top business man (we're not talking a party with cheap plonk and mini sausages on a plate here), and then be taken seriously by a man like Takomoto. With her boobs thrust out in a barely there dress doesn't quite seem right for the occasion somehow.

And LOL at the persuasive post. :p

EDIT: Also, I could be being terribly ignorant to Japanese culture here, but wouldn't Lara be a woman to follow proper Japanese etiquette? Would a dress like that not be seen as offensive? I appologise if I have got this completely wrong :o

T-Sex
01-02-10, 20:37
Imagine the Queen in a bin bag.

Thanks for the mental image :(

chriss99
01-02-10, 20:38
Perhaps the dress didn't belong to Lara?
I'm almost sure it was Anaya's!
Who would have known? ;)

M.A.
02-02-10, 13:03
If you go to Legend's official website, the description for the dress is that it was made as a gift from a fashion designer friend for Lara. I guess he/she knows how to show her assets the best! :D

IMO, I didn't think the dress was trashy at all. It was quite elegant even after she tore it apart. I was actually quite surprise that she PLANNED to rip the dress skirt, evident by her pistol holder garter already strapped on her thigh.

On a side note, she's not wearing a semi-transparent THONG underneath. It's just a brown colored lace knicker. Sort of a sexier version of her brown raiding hotpants. :D

EDIT: Here's the official description of the dress, taken for the official website:

An unexpected development requires Lara to shed her utilitatian field grab and dress for an even more dangerous situation -- a formal corporate party. Every situation demands a special attire, and her sleek cocktail dress (a gift from a famous Italian designer she discretely refuses to name) is the perfect choice for the setting. It restricts her behavior to what's appropriate for proper social gatherings, of course -- affording no place tp hide gear or weapons -- but if the situation turns violent or physical, she has hidden assets that are more up to the challenge.

Changeling
02-02-10, 13:40
lara will never get a chance to wear a dress again:(

What are you talking about? She's Lara Croft. She can wear a dress while popping out to McDonald's if she wants to.

Nenya awakens
02-02-10, 17:29

If every level is a tomb or Underworld, it get's too repetitive. That's what I also like about TR3, the levels where very diverce and the locations where completely different. Indian jungle, London rooftops, Area51, Antarctica etc.

Funnily enough the games called Tomb Raider.

nick styger
02-02-10, 18:53
An office. A place where the living are entombed.

T-Sex
02-02-10, 19:05
Funnily enough the games called Tomb Raider.

Yeah, but that doesnt mean it has to be exclusively tombs. Only Tomb Raider 1 kept to the titles meaning.

Lara Fan 4Life
02-02-10, 19:40
That's what I hated about AOD, around two tombs in thw whole game and the rest streets and alley ways and boring buildings! :rolleyes:

Hadow
02-02-10, 19:42
Yeah, but that doesnt mean it has to be exclusively tombs. Only Tomb Raider 1 kept to the titles meaning.

I agree with T-Sex
(By the way i think your name is inaaproiapte)

T-Sex
02-02-10, 19:48
I agree with T-Sex

I sure hope my name isnt too "inaaproiapte"

Simochka
02-02-10, 21:38

UUUUUEE that looks like a dress a villain would wear in a comic or a b-movie.

xXhayleyroxXx
02-02-10, 21:40
i like it :o

The Great Chi
02-02-10, 22:38
Of course it's possible. Everything is possible in a video game! ;)Exactly. What is most amazing in this level is the things you cannot see from the rooftops :D

If you look down to the ground, you see 2D flat cars driving around the streets, zoom in using the binoculars and you see 3D street lights and roads, but if you use the Legend flight tool you can visit that area down there, where we players should never ever have been and what do you see....

There are 3D flyover bridges with roads one above the other and 2D cars going everwhere in rush hour traffic.

But, and this is the most amazing thing, is that the designers decided to introduce moving pedestrians that are impossible to see by the normal player on the rooftops, these pedestrians follow the sidewalks and some time do a kamikazi jaywalk onto the road :D

It is worth the effort going down there to see the Jellybean alien pedestrians as they hang around quite a number of street junctions down there.

They do exist, and here is the proof on my video.....

ZqYCTRYhFpU

OfficialLaraFa
02-02-10, 23:33
OMG how did they get there ^^^
That Lara doesn't look like Lara though, she looks really different lol.

But how can they get so low down? lol

The Great Chi
03-02-10, 06:04
OMG how did they get there ^^^
That Lara doesn't look like Lara though, she looks really different lol.
But how can they get so low down? lolI used Texmod to create a new dress for her ;)

I have looked into these jellybean alien characters using texmod, and they comprise of two semi-transparent textures that alternate evey second to give a weird alien look. They are randomly generated and always seem to group up around the main road junctions in the central area of the game, though you do occasionally get a loner by himself (or is it herself :p )

It is quite easy to change these jelybean alien textures once you recognise them, and change them to a brighter colour like red or yellow using texmod, (add two eyes and a mouth :D ) and they then stand out against the background a lot better.

I bet when the designers put them into the game they were laughing their heads off, and they would take bets on how long it would take the players to realise these 'lifeforms' existed down there in the depths :cln:

Without the TRL flight tool by Sunbeam, we would never have found them.

scremanie
03-02-10, 06:20
It SCREAMS trashy. :rolleyes:

Just like your attitude towards her for wearing these things :pi:

Yes its "trashy" and un-lady like, we all know it and see it. But there is no need to thrash out at everyone over it, including Lara.

lunavixen
03-02-10, 15:09
i can just see it now...

"2D cars, the NEW line of compact cars"

(sorry i couldn't help myself)

gabrielorie
03-02-10, 19:23
Perhaps the dress didn't belong to Lara?
I'm almost sure it was Anaya's!
Who would have known? ;)
it was anaya's;).at the end of the peru cutscene,lara says''i need to find something to wear though:).
What are you talking about? She's Lara Croft. She can wear a dress while popping out to McDonald's if she wants to.

in a tomb raider,right:rolleyes:.

tomee
03-02-10, 19:46
it was anaya's;).at the end of the peru cutscene,lara says''i need to find something to wear though:).

That doesn't mean she borrow a dress from Anaya. I think she stoppet at a shop on the way Tokyo and she's jst pu it on before thge party begins.

M.A.
03-02-10, 22:57

That doesn't mean she borrow a dress from Anaya. I think she stoppet at a shop on the way Tokyo and she's jst pu it on before thge party begins.

Sigh... It's Lara's own personal collection. If you bother to go a few previous page I already posted the official description of the Tokyo dress.. :) :

EDIT: Here's the official description of the dress, taken for the official website:

An unexpected development requires Lara to shed her utilitatian field grab and dress for an even more dangerous situation -- a formal corporate party. Every situation demands a special attire, and her sleek cocktail dress (a gift from a famous Italian designer she discretely refuses to name) is the perfect choice for the setting. It restricts her behavior to what's appropriate for proper social gatherings, of course -- affording no place to hide gear or weapons -- but if the situation turns violent or physical, she has hidden assets that are more up to the challenge.

jfjeep26
04-02-10, 00:23
I do agree that it's not the best dress and there are better dresses but let's face the fact, there are much worse have you seen how high some dresses go showing as much leg as possible without straps to keep the little thing up and I definitely could have dealt with less cleavage and midriff.

In addition it was simply a gift was Lara that close to the designers that they knew her taste I think not and Lara probably didn't want a bad reputation getting rid of it I'm sure she probably has another dress or two plus it was only a semi-formal party

I like the level, particularly the views but would've appreciated the originally planned bike scene, (it was too short for my liking.)

The Great Chi
04-02-10, 16:31
i can just see it now..."2D cars, the NEW line of compact cars"(sorry i couldn't help myself)Yes they are very thin, let me show you a side view of them......

How about that :p

xXhayleyroxXx
04-02-10, 17:07
^^^ lmao :p i loved the jellybean people btw xxx

john_york
05-02-10, 11:07
Aww that's too bad :(. I always think the games focus more on her combat gear too much, rather than her formal wear etc lol.

Do you think that might be because the game is supposed to focus on her exploration and combat rather than attending shindigs?

:whi:

As a level, Japan was OK. Could have been longer, IMO, but it wasn't bad. The outfit, though? Preposterous. So un-Lara, un-classy and unsuitable.

scremanie
05-02-10, 11:17
I liked what it looked like in the Beta level.

Much better.

And she was wearing the default Legend outfit. Not a skimpy dress. :pi:

But the dress in the concept art looks nice too. :)

michaeldt
05-02-10, 11:27
I agree with T-Sex

you think everything is inappropriate....

Japan was a really fun level for me! especially on my first playthrough! :D I just wish it had more action and could've been longer.