PDA

View Full Version : Cubase

rickybazire
01-02-10, 16:36
Not expecting any replies, if not some. Just thought I'd post this here just incase anyone has this music program.

Anyone have it?

lacryjr
01-02-10, 16:38
Nope, what good things it offers ? :D

rickybazire
01-02-10, 16:40
It's a highly advanced music program and used by professionals, (not that I am one :D)

I just made this to have discussions on it.

MattTR
01-02-10, 16:44
More information? :eek:

I've never heard of this.. :pi:

lacryjr
01-02-10, 16:44
Coool, what you usually do with it ?

Joely-Moley
01-02-10, 16:45
Yay!! Someone else who uses Cubase. It's my favourite music programme to use. I've tried all the professional software packages like Protools and Logic but Cubase has always been my favourite. People usually look at me weird when I say that. :p

Bonez
01-02-10, 16:49
I've used it in the past, but I hated it. =/

Keir_Eidos
01-02-10, 16:50
Yep. I use Cubase 4. Haven't upgraded to 5 yet.

I've been using Cubase since v2 on my Atari ST so it's in my blood now. I love it.

Keir_Eidos
01-02-10, 16:52
Coool, what you usually do with it ?

It's a sequencer. So it enables you to produce songs. You create various tracks (bass, drums, etc) and then you can record your playing, arrange notes, arrange samples. It allows you to use lots of different 'plug-ins' together, so you can source your sounds from many different bits of software.

MattTR
01-02-10, 16:55
It's a sequencer. So it enables you to produce songs. You create various tracks (bass, drums, etc) and then you can record your playing, arrange notes, arrange samples. It allows you to use lots of different 'plug-ins' together, so you can source your sounds from many different bits of software.

:eek: Wow, that sounds like fun. Kind of what they use to make 'remixes' of songs?

Necromanser
01-02-10, 17:00
I "acquired" and tried fiddling about with (too complicated for me :p ).

I found FL Studio to be very easy to master( A whole bunch of tutorials on YouTube), I'd definiteli reccomend it for it's ease of use.

Keir_Eidos
01-02-10, 17:01
:eek: Wow, that sounds like fun. Kind of what they use to make 'remixes' of songs?

Nope, it's all from scratch. So you have a (piano) keyboard. Hit record in Cubase, play some notes. And then you can quantize the notes (put them in time :D ) and edit them. And you build up a song in this manner, playing along with your previous recordings. Selecting and fine tuning the sounds you use (via the instruments in Cubase). You can also EQ your tracks so they fit together and stuff. It's a good hobby :)

Necromanser
01-02-10, 17:07
You can play it with your normal keyboard as well so no extra equipment is required :D(Though it's a pain in the ass to hit all the correct keys on a pc keyboard). The larger songs hog up ram and CPU power like a *****

Keir_Eidos
01-02-10, 17:21
You can play it with your normal keyboard as well so no extra equipment is required :D(Though it's a pain in the ass to hit all the correct keys on a pc keyboard). The larger songs hog up ram and CPU power like a *****

This is true. If you're using software synths (which are far cheaper than the hardware equivalent) then it does cane the processor and RAM. I've got a quad core 2.6 with 4 gig of RAM for my music and that struggles with more complex and weighty songs.

Joely-Moley
01-02-10, 18:44
This is true. If you're using software synths (which are far cheaper than the hardware equivalent) then it does cane the processor and RAM. I've got a quad core 2.6 with 4 gig of RAM for my music and that struggles with more complex and weighty songs.

Woah, we have the same PC set up. :p

Yeah, I love using Cubase. I like using Reason with it as well.
My most recent project involved creating a soundtrack from scratch for a video I shot, got it all done in Cubase.

wei wei
01-02-10, 18:56
still using my trusty Roland MC-500 thank you. :D

TheBloodRed
01-02-10, 19:48
I used it before when I was trying my worth at Vocaloid. It was a very useful program but in the end I decided I didn't need it or Vocaloid. xD