PDA

View Full Version : GeForce GTS250 on an Intel Pentium 4

Hawke1000
07-02-10, 09:09
Alright guys, I saw this video in which this guy is actually running a GTS250 on an Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.6GHz & running Crysis pretty smooth, my question: Where's the bottleneck!? I can't believe how a GTS 250 got to work so well on a pentium 4, whats going on? The Link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyzHvj6kwfk&feature=related

;)

Sgt BOMBULOUS
07-02-10, 13:51
Alright guys, I saw this video in which this guy is actually running a GTS250 on an Intel Pentium 4 @ 3.6GHz & running Crysis pretty smooth, my question: Where's the bottleneck!? I can't believe how a GTS 250 got to work so well on a pentium 4, whats going on? The Link:

;)

He has AA off, naturally that's going to give him a speed boost since AA is very computation intensive. If he put AA on 2X I bet his frames would drop into the low 20's.

Hawke1000
07-02-10, 14:36
He has AA off, naturally that's going to give him a speed boost since AA is very computation intensive. If he put AA on 2X I bet his frames would drop into the low 20's.

I see, you mean AA is really that processor dependent? wow, I never knew that, thanks for the info :)

techno-atom
07-02-10, 17:22

;)

I hear PC gamers throw the term "bottleneck" around all the time. However, I don't like this term. I don't want to spend a ton of cash on upgrading major components on my PC so I find ways around this and tweak until I can get games to run on my system. Even if I only get 20 FPS I'll take that as an acceptable framerate. I managed to get Left4Dead 2 to run on my Geforce FX 5700 Ultra at 30-40 FPS and that card isn't even supported in the minimum requirements.

I've seen videos of people running Crisis at acceptable framerates using Intel GMA integrated graphics before on Youtube. Anything is possible within reason and through determination.

EscondeR
07-02-10, 18:02
I've seen videos of people running Crisis at acceptable framerates using Intel GMA integrated graphics before on Youtube. Anything is possible within reason and through determination.

Care to share some proof.

BTW, 20 is not an acceptable FR, 25-30 is, unless you have a grudge towards your eyes ;)

Hawke1000
07-02-10, 18:06
I hear PC gamers throw the term "bottleneck" around all the time. However, I don't like this term. I don't want to spend a ton of cash on upgrading major components on my PC so I find ways around this and tweak until I can get games to run on my system. Even if I only get 20 FPS I'll take that as an acceptable framerate. I managed to get Left4Dead 2 to run on my Geforce FX 5700 Ultra at 30-40 FPS and that card isn't even supported in the minimum requirements.

Believe me, those videos are all but running around on an empty island with no action going on, dude, you cannot play Crysis with an intel GMA 965 even at the lowest settings with acceptable framerates whatsoever, unless you find 2-10 frames acceptable , very misleading trust me, I've beaten it. ;)

Yes, anything IS possible, but I'm not actually looking forward to installing a GTS 250 on a P4, already got an E8200 with a GTS 250 in it, just surprised to see it running, otherwise, a gamer would/should NO WHERE IN HELL go for a GTS 250 on a P4.