PDA

View Full Version : Really good enimey AI.

!Lara Croft!
19-02-10, 09:20
I cant beleive im about to say something good about legend...

I was playing through paraiso level (after flashback) where you have to return to the surface and rescue anya. And I decieded to throw a grenade through the door to the main flood room (where four mercs are). Sure enough it killed one, while the others still hadnt noticed me, they walked over to where the grenade blew up to investigate saying things like 'what happened?' and 'what was that?'. I threw another and killed them all.

Then when i got to the surface, I hid behind the distroyed shed while that guy talking about a tarantula walked off to the left. Once he was a fair distance away I threw a grenade at him. He didnt notice it and it blew up, killing him. Another guy ran over to where he was and scratched his head saying 'what the hell was that?'. I threw a grenade at him too. He picked it up and threw it away!

Gosh these enimies have good AI. Only see you if they can physically 'see' you. Run over to another person whose just been blown up. Scractes head! Pickes up a greade and throws it away. All while the enimies dont know you're there.

Try it. Be stealthly, it makes it so much more fun. No let me rephrase that, it makes this dull game marginally fun.

michaeldt
19-02-10, 09:36
I knew the enemies could throw your grenades away, but I didn't know they could do that other stuff? :confused:

LightningRider
19-02-10, 10:10
Sad I gave my disk away! :(

almayah
19-02-10, 11:35
:confused::confused:I knew the enemies could throw your grenades away, but I didn't know they could do that other stuff? :confused:

Me neighter, and they can throw themselfes when a greande is close to them :confused:

Thea
19-02-10, 11:55
I must try that. I used to hate the combat parts with grenades. Maybe this really helps... Thanks!

scremanie
19-02-10, 12:09
:confused::confused:

Me neighter, and they can throw themselfes when a greande is close to them :confused:

They throw themselves at Lara..... she takes them like a true champion too.. :pi:

SLAYER
19-02-10, 23:14
actualy alot of the things you mentioned are scripted, with the exception of the grenade thing

michaeldt
22-02-10, 12:46
:confused::confused:

I've seen that before, once or twice. It looks like TRL had some decent AI, only it was a little weak in the way it was scripted
e.g. most of the time when you throw a grenade, the enemy will just ignore it instead of throwing it or diving away from it.

Vickkyyy
22-02-10, 12:59
i used to do this too!
Its actually pretty fun! :O

:jmp: