PDA

View Full Version : Woman gets very big shock -- a baby

neil4768
18-10-03, 11:50
SYDNEY (Reuters) - An Australian woman got the shock of her life when she gave birth to a healthy baby boy just three hours after learning she had been pregnant for nine months.

Carolyn Hounsell, 27, went to her doctor with stomach pains and was admitted to hospital, The Daily Telegraph reported on Saturday. A few hours later, the care worker said she got "a very big shock" when she delivered a 3.6 kilogram boy.

"I`d had some indigestion," Hounsell said, according to the newspaper.

"They sent me off for an ultrasound, which told them I was at 37 weeks. The cramping I`d had were contractions," she said.

Hounsell had tried unsuccessfully to conceive in the past.

Her husband Dennis Ross, 44, had been told he could not father children after a car accident two-and-a-half years earlier.

"He`s a good size. It makes you wonder where I could hide it. My boss was very surprised but not quite as surprised as I was," Hounsell was quoted as saying.

the croft woman!
18-10-03, 12:17
:eek: How can you not know your 9 months pregnant??? :confused:

chocco
18-10-03, 12:23
I do wonder when I hear of these stories. :confused: I don't know how that they can say that they didn't have a clue that they were pregnant! :confused: I've had two children myself and never could have not known I was pregnant! It just seems so unbelievable.

BunnyGirl
18-10-03, 12:36
I agree with you there chocco, how could she not know?

I hope this doesn't have the men running for the hills, but a womans body gives quite a few noticeable signs during pregnancy. Varicous veins, swollen ankles, enlarged breasts, lower-back pain,and a few more I won't mention.

And if all that did manage to go unnoticed, then what about the baby moving and kicking?

She mentioned that the baby was a good size, surely she'd of seen it pushing out an elbow or a foot against her stomach?

:confused:

chocco
18-10-03, 12:52
HI BunnyGirl http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
Yes there would have been numerous signs and the movement of the baby is not something that somebody isn't aware of. Was this woman isolated from civilisation or what? :(

swimfanc42tr
18-10-03, 12:54
You get so big someone would have noticed and told her.. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/privateeye.gif

Draco
18-10-03, 17:53
Maybe the woman is overweight...

Judie
18-10-03, 18:21
Originally posted by Draco:
Maybe the woman is overweight...Even so... the movement of a baby in utero is unmistakeable.

[ 18. October 2003, 19:22: Message edited by: Cersei ]

Draco
18-10-03, 18:23
Originally posted by Cersei:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Draco:
Maybe the woman is overweight...Even so... the movement of a baby in utero is unmistakeable.</font>[/QUOTE]Maybe for someone expecting it, and/or knowing what it is...

Judie
18-10-03, 18:32
Originally posted by Draco:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Cersei:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Draco:
Maybe the woman is overweight...Even so... the movement of a baby in utero is unmistakeable.</font>[/QUOTE]Maybe for someone expecting it, and/or knowing what it is...</font>[/QUOTE]That's true but a baby moves for months and it really is like no other feeling. You'd think she would've been worried that something abnormal was happening and gone to a doctor long before she had contractions!

the croft woman!
21-10-03, 06:01
My cousin only found she was pregnant 6 weeks before she was due to give birth, she was still having periods, didnt gain any weight, nothing on her body changed, so what i dont understand is - if she found out she was pregnant, surely this woman would have??

neil4768
21-10-03, 11:17
But you said that she was 6 weeks away from giving birth but that means she was pregrent for 31 weeks. over half a year without knowing!