PDA

View Full Version : Down and feeling low....

Smith will Suffice
09-12-04, 03:48
Hey guys!

i cant contain myself anymore!! im sure u all know of my LOTR and Tolkien obsession....well im sure u also are all aware of the extended editions of the films that come out (WHICH ARE UNBELIEVABLE by the way.) well the Extended edition of the return of the king comes out on tuedsay december 14th...

but for me....i get it TONIGHT AT 8pm *thursday the 9th*
i have connections and i am able to get it early and see it before the general public...i am SO excited and yet completely saddened by it all

for me, LOTR is one of the most, if not THE biggest thing in my life. over the past years i have loved it more than anything else. it sounds sooo stupid i bet but i really am crazy about it. i have had so much fun going to exhibits and the pre-screenings and trilogy tuesday and seeing the cast in my town....sigh...it is just amazing...sooo many amazing memories that i will never forget...not to mention thousands of dollars spent on LOTR things!! it is worth every penny in my eyes...

i am greatly depressed that it is all coming to an end. nothing left to look forward to, no more surprises or new things. this is it. after i see this extended edition of ROTK, then the triilogy will truly be over...i will have seen the enitre trilogy in all its glory.

its a very sad time for me right now... the thing that i have grown SO close to over the years has come to an end. :(

i have such ambivalent feelings. its killing me yet exciting me at the same time.

just for those who are interested....

http://lordoftherings.net/homevideo/images/collector_rotk_enlarge.jpg

Some info:

LOTR ROTK EE INFO --

The following contents are presented in packaging illustrated by famed artist, Alan Lee:

4-disc Platinum Series Special Extended DVD Edition of The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

Collectible Minas Tirth polystone keepsake box created by Sideshow Weta

Bonus DVD "Creating The Lord of the Rings Symphony" by Howard Shore

A 52-minute program featuring interviews by Academy Award winning composer Howard Shore and live concert performances with the Festival Montreal en Lumières Orchestra.

On December 14, see even more of The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King with the Special Extended Edition DVD and VHS releases! This all-new version of the film includes over 50 minutes of never-before-seen footage integrated into the original theatrical release.

The DVD release is a 4-disc set, featuring two discs loaded with extra features.

Im off to embrace my world caving in..but loving every minute of it, literally.

-Smith

[ 09. December 2004, 04:54: Message edited by: Agent Smith ]

F4800711DAVIES
09-12-04, 05:27
If you can afford it why not think about a trip to New Zealand to experience the landscape?

andromeda_eats
09-12-04, 05:37
Im sure it is a big deal, and Im taking you seriously, but there really are more important things out there then the end of LOTR. Try not to let it get you down. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/wave.gif

spence
09-12-04, 08:27
Don't worry, there is still the Hobbit movie to be made.

Quiver.
09-12-04, 08:38
Don't count on an Hobbit movie for the next 5 years....

But LOTR is fantastic....I have the extended edition from the Two Towers....I will defenitly but The extended edition of The Return of the king...

But not the Gift set.....30 euros extr for Minas Tirith.. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/yuck.gif

Angelina
09-12-04, 11:55
I will be getting the extended version of Return of the king tomorrow.....and yes I can relate a bit to what you are saying, I can't wait to see it, but with the last complete movie it's also the end to what really has been an amazing adventure!
I mean it has lasted over three years now.....of course it will feel strange that next christmas I won't be able to get a brand new extended version of The Lord of the rings saga...
At the moment I'm playing the game Lord of the rings Third age, and that game is in my opinion SO addictive and beatiful!!
I love it, it really has kind sucked me into it...... http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif ;)

Smith will Suffice
09-12-04, 21:53
Originally posted by NURSEY:
If you can afford it why not think about a trip to New Zealand to experience the landscape?Im already saving up!!! its REALLY expensive! but im getting there slowly...

-Smith

F4800711DAVIES
10-12-04, 05:28
Im already saving up!!! its REALLY expensive! but im getting there slowly...

Well half the joy is in the planning!
;)