PDA

View Full Version : The best DVD ripper?

~*~Chloe~*~
07-05-10, 18:06
What is the best DVD ripper to use? Preferably free too :)

Mikky
07-05-10, 18:08
Don't some computers already come with installed burners when you buy them? :confused:

~*~Chloe~*~
07-05-10, 18:10
Not mine, I dont want to burn it I want to rip it, like save the movie onto my computer :)

ace_85
07-05-10, 18:12
It's illegal pretty much, because in order to copy a DVD movie to your hard drive you'll have to circumvent the copy-protection software on the DVD :)

Mikky
07-05-10, 18:14
It's illegal pretty much, because in order to copy a DVD movie to your hard drive you'll have to circumvent the copy-protection software on the DVD :)

Laws are so 10 years ago! :rolleyes:
It's all about doing illegal stuff! :ton:

~*~Chloe~*~
07-05-10, 18:14
Oh, didnt realise that :( I dont plan on using it for copyright purposes though, just to make some screencaps.

ggctuk
07-05-10, 18:19
Laws are so 10 years ago! :rolleyes:
It's all about doing illegal stuff! :ton:

Forum rules is forum rules. I would think that discussion of such a topic was not allowed.

Buffy87
07-05-10, 18:20
Oh, didnt realise that :( I dont plan on using it for copyright purposes though, just to make some screencaps.

As far as I know you can screen cap your DVD as it is playing. I used to screencap Lost for a fansite and all I would do was put it in my computer and pause it , print screen and copy into paint or whatever and save it. That takes a bit longer perhaps but it does the job still. That said I have a separate DVD programme on my computer - as in my DVD's play through Power DVD rather than Windows Media. I don't know if the process is the same for media player.

anniversarytr11

play the dvd then press print screen when you are ready :tmb:

Mr.Burns

Forum rules is forum rules. I would think that discussion of such a topic was not allowed.

Precisely.

Ward Dragon
07-05-10, 18:23
As people have already said, you can take screen caps straight from the DVD while it is playing :)

As for ripping the DVD, it's illegal to circumvent whatever anti-piracy measures the DVD has in place, so I'm going to close this topic now. Sounds like what you actually wanted to do is perfectly legal anyway so just stick with Print Screen and you should be fine :tmb:

Edit: Oops, he beat me to the lock XD