PDA

View Full Version : Tomb raider collection box - funny

moodydog
08-05-10, 10:27
I just bought the TR collection, and have realised that there are tons and tons and tons of mistakes on the box.

The front cover is fine, and looks professional in some way. And so is the back. However the three DVD's inside the box say:

1) On the side panel

The tomb raider collection Featuring Lara Croft/ Adventures of Lara Croft

The tomb raider collection Adventures of Lara Croft/ The last revelation

The tomb raider collection Chronicles/ The angel of Darkness

So they got the first DVD wrong.

2) On the back of the first DVD

'Lara Croft have been engaged to find the pieces of an ancient artefact...'

Tomb Raider 2 Golden Mask

'Lara return to find the dagger of Xian which carries the power of the dragon in itself. Lara set off to the boasted Chinese wall. the wonderful Venetia ...

On 2nd DVD

TR 3 is alright

TR 4 the last revalation

'Lara return to her roots and set off...

3rd DVD

TR5- After Her Live burial her friends collect themselves at... The memories of morning bring your to the old rome, to an island in the old Ireland...

Tr6 - Lara Croft is back and has a hard time if it: has the police force behind herself and touches involved in a dark plot...

Ok, is it Eidos who created this compilation, because every box has different logos, two have Core Design, the front box only has Eidos. Who created this compilation and why is it laughably unproffesional for something i paid Ł14 for?

Feel free to close this if it has not relevance (or move it)

moodydog
08-05-10, 12:39
also, is there any difference between the greatest raids and the TR collection? I was wondering if i should hve gone for that (less tr5 and 6)?

sorry double post (reason; to be cheeky and bump my thread back up :ton:)

remote91
08-05-10, 12:40
Oh lord, that's absolutely hideous.

Trigger_happy
08-05-10, 12:46
Sounds like they google translated it into French and then back into English. And apparently the police touch you.

LightningRider
08-05-10, 12:48
Sounds like they google translated it into French and then back into English. And apparently the police touch you.

Lmfaoooo.

Chocola teapot
08-05-10, 12:50
Oh my gosh! :vlol:

Mystery-King
08-05-10, 13:00
I just bought the TR collection, and have realised that there are tons and tons and tons of mistakes on the box.

The front cover is fine, and looks professional in some way. And so is the back. However the three DVD's inside the box say:

1) On the side panel

The tomb raider collection Featuring Lara Croft/ Adventures of Lara Croft

The tomb raider collection Adventures of Lara Croft/ The last revelation

The tomb raider collection Chronicles/ The angel of Darkness

So they got the first DVD wrong.

2) On the back of the first DVD

'Lara Croft have been engaged to find the pieces of an ancient artefact...'

'Lara return to find the dagger of Xian which carries the power of the dragon in itself. Lara set off to the boasted Chinese wall. the wonderful Venetia ...

On 2nd DVD

TR 3 is alright

TR 4 the last revalation

'Lara return to her roots and set off...

3rd DVD

TR5- After Her Live burial her friends collect themselves at... The memories of morning bring your to the old rome, to an island in the old Ireland...

Tr6 - Lara Croft is back and has a hard time if it: has the police force behind herself and touches involved in a dark plot...

Ok, is it Eidos who created this compilation, because every box has different logos, two have Core Design, the front box only has Eidos. Who created this compilation and why is it laughably unproffesional for something i paid Ł14 for?

Feel free to close this if it has not relevance (or move it)

Mines exactly the same, but Ipaid Ł8. :P The discs work fine so I didn't really care but it is slightly annoying! :L

Phlip
08-05-10, 13:04
Woah, I kinda wanted to get that (even though I already have all the TR games on PC already XD), but this has put me off.

dizzydoil
08-05-10, 13:05
I... I want to c-cry. :eek:

Mikky
08-05-10, 13:21
:vlol:

I have this too. I just laughed at it all. :p It was like it was all written and done by a 3 year old. :vlol:
Whoever done it should be ashamed of themselves. :p

moodydog
08-05-10, 13:21
is it any different to the greatest raids though? :)

Ivo
08-05-10, 13:24
I have this box too, it's full of grammar errors! :p
It also says "the Laura Croft Tomb Raider Collection" at the side of the box! :yah:

Mikky
08-05-10, 13:31
is it any different to the greatest raids though? :)

''The Greatest Raids'' is much more professionally done and works with Windows Vista, which I'm sure ''The Collection'' doesn't.
But unless you're a collector like me, I don't see the point of getting really.

Ivo
08-05-10, 13:31
''The Greatest Raids'' is much more professionally done and works with Windows Vista, which I'm sure ''The Collection'' doesn't.
But unless you're a collector like me, I don't see the point of getting really.This one doesn't even work fine on Windows XP! :p

Mikky
08-05-10, 13:35
This one doesn't even work fine on Windows XP! :p

:eek: Really?! :vlol:

I don't even understand how Eidos could allow such a thing to be released. Don't get me wrong, I love ''The Collection'', but it just looks SO fan-made.

Rickéh
08-05-10, 13:43
It also says "the Laura Croft Tomb Raider Collection" at the side of the box! :yah:

haha same here!

Ivo
08-05-10, 13:44
haha same here!Yeah, lol! :yah:

igonge
08-05-10, 13:47
Oh cheese and crackers *facepalm*

Pictures? :)

Mikky
08-05-10, 13:49
Oh cheese and crackers *facepalm*

Pictures? :)

You could always check out my photo album of my collection, but since it'snot that detailed, you won't really be able to see the mistakes. :o

Ivo
08-05-10, 14:08
You could always check out my photo album of my collection, but since it'snot that detailed, you won't really be able to see the mistakes. :oYour collection is really small, I'm disappointed, lol! :yah:
It's truly amazing! :D

Back on topic! :tmb:

moodydog
08-05-10, 15:59
yes i may swap it for the greatest raids if it more geared up proffesionaly, i cant garente that the collectors CD's are bug free either.

Just a question on the greateest raids, (it sounds stupid i know and a bit picky) but if its all on one DVD, do you choose which TR you want to install in the exe. program, or do you have to open up the game files on 'my computer' and do it there

i also forgot to mention that the TR1 box is incredibly pixalated

Mikky
08-05-10, 16:04
yes i may swap it for the greatest raids if it more geared up proffesionaly, i cant garente that the collectors CD's are bug free either.

Just a question on the greateest raids, (it sounds stupid i know and a bit picky) but if its all on one DVD, do you choose which TR you want to install in the exe. program, or do you have to open up the game files on 'my computer' and do it there

I don't know since I've never actually played ''The Greatest Raids'', but i presume that is what happens. :o

Keep in mind, though, that ''The Greatest Raids'' does not include TR 5 and AoD, so you should think twice before swapping them.

moodydog
08-05-10, 16:08
I don't know since I've never actually played ''The Greatest Raids'', but i presume that is what happens. :o

Keep in mind, though, that ''The Greatest Raids'' does not include TR 5 and AoD, so you should think twice before swapping them.

Yeh i wasnt really a fan of AOD, so its something i can live withour.

Lookin at your collection, u have greatest raids. Could you do me a massive favour and open it up and tell me how you would install the individual games? If you can choose to install them via an installation program or if you have to go into my computer and install them all seporately? :)

Mikky
08-05-10, 16:10
Yeh i wasnt really a fan of AOD, so its something i can live withour.

Lookin at your collection, u have greatest raids. Could you do me a massive favour and open it up and tell me how you would install the individual games? If you can choose to install them via an installation program or if you have to go into my computer and install them all seporately? :)

I don't even have a computer. Sorry. :o

moodydog
08-05-10, 16:13
I don't even have a computer. Sorry. :o

haha so why collect all the pc version ? :p

Phlip
08-05-10, 16:14

Seriously? ****ING SERIOUSLY??!! :yik:

*slits self*

Mikky
08-05-10, 16:19
haha so why collect all the pc version ? :p

Because I'm a collector. :ton:

Seriously? ****ING SERIOUSLY??!! :yik:

*slits self*

It's not that bad! :p

Phlip
08-05-10, 16:21
^Yes it is.

But it does actually just say Lara:

http://www.cdromusa.com/images/G-TRC-MB.jpg

Mikky
08-05-10, 16:42
^^That's the cardboard box that you use to put the three cases in. I'm pretty sure it's one of the three cases that says ''Laura'' on the side.

moodydog
08-05-10, 16:44
^^That's the cardboard box that you use to put the three cases in. I'm pretty sure it's one of the three cases that says ''Laura'' on the side.

mine just says lara too... no laura to be found :P

can anyone else answer my question? :P

Ivo
08-05-10, 17:25
^Yes it is.

But it does actually just say Lara:

http://www.cdromusa.com/images/G-TRC-MB.jpgI guess this is a newer version or something like that? My version definitely says "Laura"! :)

Mikky
08-05-10, 17:28
I guess this is a newer version or something like that? My version definitely says "Laura"! :)

Do you have a pic of this other version! :mis:

Rickéh
08-05-10, 17:45
i have, wait a sec i'll post a pic!

Mikky
08-05-10, 17:47
i have, wait a sec i'll post a pic!

Please do! :cln:

Phlip
08-05-10, 17:54
I just find this to be shocking, really... I suppose if you don't laugh, you'll cry. XD

TombRaiderLover
08-05-10, 17:59
My boxset has corrected the "Laura" to "Lara," but all other errors remain. Still a nice collection, though.

Rickéh
08-05-10, 19:50
sorry! can't upload the picture i made, i tried to install bluetooth on my new computer (vista) but it doesn't work for some reason, so sorry!

Mikky
08-05-10, 19:51
sorry! can't upload the picture i made, i tried to install bluetooth on my new computer (vista) but it doesn't work for some reason, so sorry!

It can't be! I was really looking foward to it. :(

Ivo
08-05-10, 19:52
I've just discovered that my version differs to yours? It only has Dutch and French info... :confused:

And by the way, it's not a big deal but I've found out they sometimes don't use Roman numerals:
Tomb Raider 3 Adventrues of Lara Croft
Tomb Raider IV The Last Revelation
Tomb Raider V Chronicles
Tomb Raider V The Angel of Darkness

Note there's another mistake at the last one, it has to be VI! :D

da tomb raider!
08-05-10, 20:36
Makes me even happier to have the original versions! Badda-bing!

TombRaiderLover
08-05-10, 20:39
Makes me even happier to have the original versions! Badda-bing!

:( I need the original versions of 3, The Last Revelation and Anniversary.