PDA

View Full Version : Gordon Brown resigns as UK Prime Minister

TombOfRaiders
11-05-10, 19:02
Yes, heard it on the news now, Gordon Brown has resigned from Prime Minister, as David Cameron heads to Buckingham Palace to be appointed next Prime Minister.

Discussion on this!

bloodstormaoa
11-05-10, 19:05
Good.

dizzydoil
11-05-10, 19:07
Discussion? Can't we just party instead?!

HALLELUJAH!
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs27/f/2008/041/8/2/Dance_Gif_by_Miicchan.gif

ggctuk
11-05-10, 19:07
Brown's resigned, yes, but I don't hear anything about David Cameron being the next prime minister... in any casee, isn't this what we're currently discussing in the Election thread?

Kelly Craftman
11-05-10, 19:09
Discussion? Can't we just party instead?!

HALLELUJAH!
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs27/f/2008/041/8/2/Dance_Gif_by_Miicchan.gif

:vlol: this.

Poor David is stuck in traffic :(

woody543
11-05-10, 19:31
David Cameron as primeminister;

Ew.

That is all.

Mad Tony
11-05-10, 19:41
David Cameron as primeminister;

Ew.

That is all.But Brown is out. Unless you're Labour I really can't see how you can't see that as an improvement.

ggctuk
11-05-10, 19:42
Ah, hit it on the nose. You're red, blue or yellow in this country. And Labour still has strongholds up north.

IceColdLaraCroft
11-05-10, 19:43
Where is the "runs screaming" smiley?

MangelinaJolie
11-05-10, 19:44
Where's the security at? They're showing it on the news here and he looks awfully vulnerable...

ggctuk
'Fraid I can't understand Labourites' logic. What exactly has Labour ever done for you?

woody543
But Brown is out. Unless you're Labour I really can't see how you can't see that as an improvement.

I have no issues with Brown.

Cameron however..... all of his features are in the middle of his face

lara c. fan
11-05-10, 19:46

So....

You're saying "Ew" because you don't like his face? :p

Minty Mouth
11-05-10, 19:47

Where are yours?

Mad Tony
11-05-10, 19:47
Where is the "runs screaming" smiley?Do you even live in the UK?

Cameron however..... all of his features are in the middle of his faceSo what's your problem with Cameron?

ultima espio
11-05-10, 19:50
Would someone be kind enough to post what David Cameron intends to do? I heard that he wants schools to start earlier, and that he wants to stop free bus passes:o

Not like either bother me though :p

I should hope he does actually help us out up where i'm from, like he said he was going to (We got flooded last year, lost a bridge and condemned another, other town was totally underwater).

Gordon Brown had to be sent a petition before even considering helping.

IceColdLaraCroft
11-05-10, 19:54
Do you even live in the UK?

So what's your problem with Cameron?

No I don't live in the UK & Cameron doesn't have any plans it's all "Gordon Brown is wrong" without much else. There's no substance/resolution to his "reign of conservative terror"

lara c. fan
11-05-10, 19:55
No I don't live in the UK & Cameron doesn't have any plans it's all "Gordon Brown is wrong" without much else. There's no substance/resolution to his "reign of conservative terror"

I stopped there.

Mad Tony
11-05-10, 19:56
No I don't live in the UK & Cameron doesn't have any plans it's all "Gordon Brown is wrong" without much else. There's no substance/resolution to his "reign of conservative terror"Have you even looked at the manifestos?

His reign has only just started anyway. But I guess because he's a Conservative you automatically assume it's going to be bad, right?

toxicraider
11-05-10, 19:57
'Fraid I can't understand Labourites' logic. What exactly has Labour ever done for you?
Concerning LGBT rights, they've done quite a bit.
That's the only thing I prefer over conservatives though, I don't really have a preference otherwise. :p

IceColdLaraCroft
11-05-10, 19:58
Have you even looked at the manifestos?

His reign has only just started anyway. But I guess because he's a Conservative you automatically assume it's going to be bad, right?

No the way he came to power is unsettling. Fear mongering and his party has some nasty people.

Plus the whole -ew- from his features bunched up in a line :vlol:

Alive_and_Funky
11-05-10, 20:04
No the way he came to power is unsettling. Fear mongering and his party has some nasty people.

Plus the whole -ew- from his features bunched up in a line :vlol:
People might have actually taken you seriously if you had left that part out.

Personally, I don't find David Cameron to be the sort of person I can trust. Sure, Gordon Brown pretty much achieved nothing during his time as Prime Minister, so it's not like I want him to be in charge either, but I can't help having a bad feeling about him being in charge. I guess we'll just have to find out.

IceColdLaraCroft
11-05-10, 20:08
I have a bad feeling too. Like something out of Dr. Who. Not "the master" kind of evil, but more of a 'controlled society" kind of feeling.

or some BIG scandal with money. He definitely doesn't feel trustworthy.

ggctuk
11-05-10, 20:12
Concerning LGBT rights, they've done quite a bit.
That's the only thing I prefer over conservatives though, I don't really have a preference otherwise. :p

Hey, I'm all for equal rights regardless of gender or sexual orientation. I'm not for giving more rights to one over the other though, either way.

Mad Tony
11-05-10, 20:17
I have a bad feeling too. Like something out of Dr. Who. Not "the master" kind of evil, but more of a 'controlled society" kind of feeling.

or some BIG scandal with money. He definitely doesn't feel trustworthy.Seems like you (and others) don't have a credible reason to dislike him so are instead falling back on "I just have a bad feeling about him". When people give an actual reason for not liking him I'm fine - it's when people don't seem to be able to give a proper reason and instead come out with this rubbish that annoys me.

No the way he came to power is unsettling. Fear mongering and his party has some nasty people.Well firstly, he didn't. However, if that's what you class as fear mongering that's pretty much how every prime minister has come to power recently.

Oh? Like who?

xXhayleyroxXx
11-05-10, 20:20
Oh yeah i heard :( Bad times. I really liked him.

ggctuk
11-05-10, 20:22
Why?

xXhayleyroxXx
11-05-10, 20:26
Why?

are you saying why to me or the thread title?

CPETE
11-05-10, 20:29
I've never really been interested in the politics of other countries until recently due to the state the whole world is in. I'm not sure if anyone can answer this, but I'm curious about one thing. Is the Labour Party the equivalent of American Democrats while the Conservatives are the equivalent of American Republicans?

woody543
11-05-10, 20:31
I find the anti-cameron facebook pages amusing

"I Love our new Prime minister .... Lol Jk he's a ****"
"I'm a great Prime minister... Lol Jk I'm David Cameron"
"poor people are important to... Lol Jk I'm David Cameron"
Etc...

Mad Tony
11-05-10, 20:33
I find the anti-cameron facebook pages amusing

"I Love our new Prime minister .... Lol Jk he's a twat"
"I'm a great Prime minister... Lol Jk I'm David Cameron"
"poor people are important to... Lol Jk I'm David Cameron"
Etc...Those jokes are absolutely crap. Oh and by the way, there probably are good David Cameron jokes out there, but those ones aren't even intelligent and look like they've been written by some 12 year old.

Still waiting for a reason why some people don't like him as well. The amount of people I've heard say they don't like him is quite staggering - yet no proper reasons beside from the "I don't like the way he looks" or "he's a toff" or "I just don't trust him" have been given.

ggctuk
11-05-10, 20:35
are you saying why to me or the thread title?

To you. I already know why Gordon Brown resigned - his party ousted him in an attempt to get the Lib Dems on side. There's nothing likeable about Gordon Brown. He's a through-and-through liar, and he's not even as good at covering that up as Blair was.

xXhayleyroxXx
11-05-10, 20:37
To you. I already know why Gordon Brown resigned - his party ousted him in an attempt to get the Lib Dems on side. There's nothing likeable about Gordon Brown. He's a through-and-through liar, and he's not even as good at covering that up as Blair was.

Perhaps in your opinion, mine is he was a likeable man who admitted to his mistakes.

TombOfRaiders
11-05-10, 20:38

Totally agree with this. :tmb:

ggctuk
11-05-10, 20:40
Perhaps in your opinion, mine is he was a likeable man who admitted to his mistakes.

Like admitting that he grossly underestimated the cost of the wars in Afganistan and Iraq? Like admitting that the public deserved a vote on Lisbon? Hey, I have a whole list of 'mistakes' he made. I just don't wish to fill the page with them.

toxicraider
11-05-10, 20:44
Hey, I'm all for equal rights regardless of gender or sexual orientation. I'm not for giving more rights to one over the other though, either way.
I don't think that equalizing the age of consent, repealing section 28, and legalising civil union etc. are giving more rights to LGBT peoples over straight people, if that's what you mean.

woody543
but those ones aren't even intelligent and look like they've been written by some 12 year old.

That's what makes them amusing.

Still waiting for a reason why some people don't like him as well.

All of his features are in the middle of his face?

xXhayleyroxXx
Like admitting that he grossly underestimated the cost of the wars in Afganistan and Iraq? Like admitting that the public deserved a vote on Lisbon? Hey, I have a whole list of 'mistakes' he made. I just don't wish to fill the page with them.

And admitting that he should not have called that old lady a rascist. My opinion is being kept no matter what you say, I'm not arguing over politics.

Mad Tony
11-05-10, 20:46
That's what makes them amusing.If that's your kind of humor I guess.

And what exactly do you mean by features in the middle of his face?

And admitting that he should not have called that old lady a rascist. My opinion is being kept no matter what you say, I'm not arguing over politics.Only because not apologizing would be political suicide. :vlol:

I don't think that equalizing the age of consent, repealing section 28, and legalising civil union etc. are giving more rights to LGBT peoples over straight people, if that's what you mean.I think he might be referring to how in some cases homosexuals (as well as other groups) are treated better than others when it comes to jobs. It's called "positive" discrimination.

ggctuk
11-05-10, 20:47
Had he not been found out, he wouldn't have apologised, that much I know, because he's unapologetic.

Had his party stuck by him like they claimed, he would still be the party's leader. Personally, I think it'll do Labour good to get rid of Brown, and get some fresh leadership. Show me a functioning Labour party and I'll accept them.

I think he might be referring to how in some cases homosexuals (as well as other groups) are treated better than others when it comes to jobs. It's called "positive" discrimination.

Not just jobs. I'm talking taking their views over those of other people's beliefs. Like that couple who were charged because they turned a gay couple away from their bed and breakfast - their home - on the basis of their beliefs.

Keir_Eidos
11-05-10, 20:47
As I have watched this unfold from Crystal D, one observation struck me.

Now the US has a more left-leaning and liberal government than we do. That's a turn up for the books.

xXhayleyroxXx
11-05-10, 20:49
To be honest I agree with the lib dem policies more than the other two's, but I just liked Gordon brown as a person :/

Keir_Eidos
11-05-10, 20:52
To be honest I agree with the lib dem policies more than the other two's, but I just liked Gordon brown as a person :/

I think Brown is probably a very nice person who meant well. I think he got hung, drawn and quartered by the media - but one thing is for sure (Tony Blair knew it all along and I think Gordon came to realise it) in no way is he suited to be a leader.

xXhayleyroxXx
11-05-10, 20:55
I think Brown is probably a very nice person who meant well. I think he got hung, drawn and quartered by the media - but one thing is for sure (Tony Blair knew it all along and I think Gordon came to realise it) in no way is he suited to be a leader.

Maybe you're right and you make a very good point :) However, i think none of them are very suited, and it seems like to me that they were all telling lies and pretending to be something theyre not. I think Nick Clegg perhaps had it in him to be a leader but we'll never know.

Alive_and_Funky
11-05-10, 20:55
Not just jobs. I'm talking taking their views over those of other people's beliefs. Like that couple who were charged because they turned a gay couple away from their bed and breakfast - their home - on the basis of their beliefs.
Hang on, are you saying that they should have been allowed to turn them away?

lara c. fan
11-05-10, 20:56
Maybe you're right and you make a very good point :) However, i think none of them are very suited, and it seems like to me that they were all telling lies and pretending to be something theyre not. I think Nick Clegg perhaps had it in him to be a leader but we'll never know.

The problem with Mr Clegg is that out of the three, he could promise the most. Some things that couldn't possibly work.

xXhayleyroxXx
11-05-10, 20:57
The problem with Mr Clegg is that out of the three, he could promise the most. Some things that couldn't possibly work.

Like what though?

woody543
11-05-10, 20:58
If that's your kind of humor I guess.

And what exactly do you mean by features in the middle of his face?

All his (relatively small) features are right in the middle of his face

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo287/radjnr/dc.jpg

And as mother always says, "never trust a man with small features in the middle of his face"

Now if they were just spread out a bit more, that would be perfectly acceptable. :ton:

lara c. fan
11-05-10, 21:00
Like what though?

Say.....Halving class sizes.

You're pretty much gonna have to double the size of most schools, and hire more teachers.
Unless they were prepared to roll out extra money for giving to the schools, it just wouldn't be able to happen with every school.

xXhayleyroxXx
11-05-10, 21:03
Say.....Halving class sizes.

You're pretty much gonna have to double the size of most schools, and hire more teachers.
Unless they were prepared to roll out extra money for giving to the schools, it just wouldn't be able to happen with every school.

well its improbable but not impossible ;)

Im through with politics for now. Geez people stop getting at each others throats:o

lara c. fan
11-05-10, 21:05
well its improbable but not impossible ;)

Im through with politics for now. Geez people stop getting at each others throats:o

While making cuts, giving out 7 or 8 grand a year to everyone that goes to university.
The Lib Dem's would have to pull some serious cash out of everything.

Unfortunately, that's the way it has to be done, sometimes...

Agent 47
11-05-10, 21:05
Those jokes are absolutely crap. Oh and by the way, there probably are good David Cameron jokes out there, but those ones aren't even intelligent and look like they've been written by some 12 year old.

Still waiting for a reason why some people don't like him as well. The amount of people I've heard say they don't like him is quite staggering - yet no proper reasons beside from the "I don't like the way he looks" or "he's a toff" or "I just don't trust him" have been given.

There's more chance of you getting grey hair or being dead before you get a legitimate reason :D

Mad Tony
11-05-10, 21:07
Now the US has a more left-leaning and liberal government than we do. That's a turn up for the books.Hardly. Administrations change all the time.

I think Brown is probably a very nice person who meant well. I think he got hung, drawn and quartered by the media - but one thing is for sure (Tony Blair knew it all along and I think Gordon came to realise it) in no way is he suited to be a leader.I know somebody who works in London and who has meant Gordon Brown a few times and she says he's actually a very nice person. However, she is a staunch Labour supporter. Also, I've heard a lot about how Brown wasn't actually that nice in private at all.

All his (relatively small) features are right in the middle of his face

And as mother always says, "never trust a man with small features in the middle of his face"

Now if they were just spread out a bit more, that would be perfectly acceptable. :ton:And so I come back to what I said before. Any real reasons?

Also, I'd like to point out that I don't think Cameron is the best Tory out there - not by a long shot. I'd much rather William Hague be running the country. Also I'm a Thatcherite.

Bonez
11-05-10, 21:10
Also, I've heard a lot about how Brown wasn't actually that nice in private at all.

What, from the media?

Nobody knows what goes on behind closed doors.

I despise David Cameron, he's an absolute slime ball. But we'll see how this coalition works out.

ggctuk
11-05-10, 21:10
Hang on, are you saying that they should have been allowed to turn them away?

In this context - it's their home. Are you saying that dragging them in front of a judge was the right thing to do? Think of the wasted taxpayers' money. Are you also saying that people shouldn't have the right to refuse entry onto private property those they don't necessarily agree with? That could have serious implications - saying that we can't refuse access to paedophiles or murderes based on human rights grounds.

Mad Tony
11-05-10, 21:12
What, from the media?

Nobody knows what goes on behind closed doors.

I despise David Cameron, he's an absolute slime ball. But we'll see how this coalition works out.Past people who have worked with him have said this.

So why do you despise him?

Now we wait and see what happens with the cabinet and policy.

lara c. fan
11-05-10, 21:14
In this context - it's their home. Are you saying that dragging them in front of a judge was the right thing to do? Think of the wasted taxpayers' money. Are you also saying that people shouldn't have the right to refuse entry onto private property those they don't necessarily agree with? That could have serious implications - saying that we can't refuse access to paedophiles or murderes based on human rights grounds.

To be honest, while I agree with the principle idea, comparing paedophiles and murderers to homosexual people is a bit unbalanced.

Bonez
11-05-10, 21:15
Past people who have worked with him have said this.

So why do you despise him?

Because I think he comes across as extremly smug and untrustworthy. I've never liked him. I can't really get involved too much to be honest because I'm not greatly educated in politics and nor does it interest me. I would rather Eastenders had been on, however I do understand that this is more important!

That's pretty much it, I'm not going to lie.

I supported Lib Dem because I agreed with most of what they had to say. But this coalition is certainly interesting.

toxicraider
11-05-10, 21:15
I disagree with that example - I can't think of any religions telling followers to specifically discriminate against gay people. A lot of things religions teach are against the law now, so should that kind of discrimination. I think in this case, the gay couple were being denied more basic rights than the owners, so it should favour the gay couple.
I so agree that a lot of things would go unchallenged if reversed though - a gay only B&B could be allowed on the basis of preventing homophobia. I think that's really injust, but I think it's more an issue with society, than specific LGBT rights. A lot of people from minorities want equality, only when it suits them, but that applies to many different minorities, not just gay people.

Anyway, my apologies for bringing the subject to LGBT rights yet again, but my point was that LGBT rights are a factor in people's support for Labour (and Lib Dems).

As for Cameron, I don't really like his personality much, but I don't exactly know him, nor is it likely to affect how he runs the country, in my opinion.

Love2Raid
11-05-10, 21:16
That guy really has no charisma at all. You need at least some of that to be a good leader imo.

Agent 47
11-05-10, 21:16
Lib Dems entering government with the Tories will be "like vegetarians who've got jobs at McDonald's - they'll be chewed up and spat out", Labour MP Stephen Pound tells Sky News.

Well he's certainly not bitter :vlol:

Mad Tony
11-05-10, 21:17
Because I think he comes across as extremly smug and untrustworthy.How?

robm_2007
11-05-10, 21:18
good for him. i know nothing about British politics, but ive only heard that he wasnt a good PM, and that he was the closest thing for a British equivalent of GW bush?:eek:

hopefully DC can bring in some good things for the UK, but i know nothing about him:p

xXhayleyroxXx
11-05-10, 21:19
Well he's certainly not bitter :vlol:

omg thats terrible what he said! Vegetarians love mcdonalds :o

Alive_and_Funky
11-05-10, 21:20
Comparing homosexuals to pedophiles and murderers? Those are criminal offences, so turning them away would make some sense in order to protect people. Last time I checked, being gay does not make you a threat and, in my mind, you deserve the same rights as everybody else.

That's all I'll say on that though; I don't want to go off-topic. Although I must admit that one reason why I'm sceptical towards David Cameron is due to his behaviour in an interview with GT (Gay Times):

dBlDfp85gP8

Bonez
11-05-10, 21:21
How?

Bloody hell what is this? Passport control?! I don't know, this is my interpretation of him. I can't say I know him or will get the chance to know him any better.

You probably only like because you are southern. LOL.

Chocola teapot
11-05-10, 21:22
*Shrugs Shoulders*

Gordon smelled anyway.

Mikky
11-05-10, 21:22
I can just imagine how much my life will change that he's now Prime Minister. :rolleyes:

lara c. fan
11-05-10, 21:24
Bloody hell what is this? Passport control?! I don't know, this is my interpretation of him. I can't say I know him or will get the chance to know him any better.

You probably only like because you are southern. LOL.

First of all, that is a massive and wrong generalization. If you even cared to look anything up, you'd find a lot of southerners don't like Cameron, and people up north who do.

Second of all, if you can't even present your point in a sensible manner, or just blowing it off as whatever, he's asking you a valid question, one that I'd also want to see answered.

ggctuk
11-05-10, 21:24
Because I think he comes across as extremly smug and untrustworthy.

Is that not how Gordon Brown came across?

I felt Clegg seemed like Tony Blair - eager to please everybody.

Mad Tony
11-05-10, 21:25

You probably only like because you are southern. LOL.No I'm just curious as to why you think that. When you state something like that you have to be able to explain why as well. As it happens, you haven't. Just goes to prove my point.

No. I'm a Tory because they're the closest party to my political positions and when it comes to David Cameron I like him but I think there could be better. He's too moderate.

Chocola teapot
11-05-10, 21:26
Does that mean I'll get no money for staying on in sixth form?

IceColdLaraCroft
11-05-10, 21:26
No I'm just curious as to why you think that. When you state something that you have to be able to explain why as well. As it happens, you haven't. Just goes to prove me points.

Why should we? you haven't

Nenya awakens
11-05-10, 21:27

When they are running a business they have no right turning custom away just because of someone sexual orientation.

Bonez
11-05-10, 21:28
First of all, that is a massive and wrong generalization. If you even cared to look anything up, you'd find a lot of southerners don't like Cameron, and people up north who do.

Second of all, if you can't even present your point in a sensible manner, or just blowing it off as whatever, he's asking you a valid question, one that I'd also want to see answered.

:D Oh this is such a funny thread! The 'LOL' was to show I was joking anyway. I'm in a Conservative area of course I know they have a lot of support up here! I live down the road from DC's wifes dad. What a claim to fame.

I've already said I'm not really very politically minded person! This is just my perception of him. And No, I don't think Gordon Brown came off smugly. I voted Lib Dems as I liked what they planned to do. End of.

No I'm just curious as to why you think that. When you state something like that you have to be able to explain why as well. As it happens, you haven't. Just goes to prove my point.

Oh get over yourself. You are always mouthing off with your opinions somewhere on this forum. And this is just mine and many others.

lara c. fan
11-05-10, 21:29
:D Oh this is such a funny thread! The 'LOL' was to show I was joking anyway. I'm in a Conservative area of course I know they have a lot of support up here! I live down the road from DC's wifes dad. What a claim to fame.

I've already said I'm not really very politically minded person! This is just my perception of him. And No, I don't think Gordon Brown came off smugly. I voted Lib Dems as I liked what they planned to do. End of.

Well, in the context you said "LOL", it made it seem like you were taking the ****, pretty much. :p

ggctuk
11-05-10, 21:31
When they are running a business they have no right turning custom away just because of someone sexual orientation.

I thought we were dropping this already.

Oh get over yourself. You are always mouthing off with your opinions somewhere on this forum. And this is just mine and many others.

Quite frankly, that seems a rather... arrogant... thing to say. You have an opinion. Now, what's your basis? What's your argument?

Bonez
11-05-10, 21:31
Well, in the context you said "LOL", it made it seem like you were taking the ****, pretty much. :p

Well I was taking the **** in a way. XD

Though I was trying to show that I was being sarcastic... ohwell, that didn't work! :p

Nenya awakens
11-05-10, 21:33
I thought we were dropping this already.

I came in late to the conversation, I'm still going to have my say.

xXhayleyroxXx
11-05-10, 21:33
This thread is gonna go down if you'd dont all stop arguing. Its about gordon brown and his resignation if you hadn't noticed.

ggctuk
11-05-10, 21:34
@ Nenya awakens Then go have your say in the other thread. I was discussing the political implications, like the tremendous waste in taxpayers' money when they prosecuted the couple, considering they don't charge yobs because "they don't want to harm their futures".

Mad Tony
11-05-10, 21:35
Why should we? you haven'tWell if you tell me what you think I haven't then I will.

Oh get over yourself. You are always mouthing off with your opinions somewhere on this forum. And this is just mine and many others.It's got nothing to do with your opinions I just want to know why. You're quite welcome to ask me why I think certain things (provided you're not rude).

lararoxs
11-05-10, 21:37
It's about time Brown went, he shouldn't have been there in the first place. Needless to say, he did well with the rough reign he had, he was dropped in it a bit by Blair and we really never would have known how anyone else could have handled the whole recession and deficit.

As for Cameron - I'm not sure, it was ever so predictable for him to take over from Brown.
Oh well. It's a democracy and the people say change so there's no point convicting Cameron when he's hardley had a chance to prove himself.

ultima espio
11-05-10, 21:37
Does that mean I'll get no money for staying on in sixth form?

EMA? Hmm maybe. But you can only get it if your parents earn less than a certain amount a year. However once you turn 19 you can apply for ALG, its just EMA but based on what you earn. So if you dont have a job, you get the money :p

Thats only if you are still in education at 19 though.

Chocola teapot
11-05-10, 21:38
Yay. <3

Bonez
11-05-10, 21:38
It's got nothing to do with your opinions I just want to know why. You're quite welcome to ask me why I think certain things (provided you're not rude).

Eh, I'm leaving this now.

I've already said, I don't like David Cameron because I think he is smug and unlikeable. I also said that I was a Lib Dem supporter and I agreed with more things that Nick Clegg had to say than with what David Cameron had to say.

But I also said that I was willing to see how this coalition will work out. Only time is going to tell if this is for the best.

Btw - I am not arrogant. :)

Mad Tony
11-05-10, 21:40
Eh, I'm leaving this now.

I've already said, I don't like David Cameron because I think he is smug and unlikeable. I also said that I was a Lib Dem supporter and I agreed with more things that Nick Clegg had to say than with what David Cameron had to say.

But I also said that I was willing to see how this coalition will work out. Only time is going to tell if this is for the best.And I asked you why and you didn't expand upon it. That's fine. To be honest I couldn't care less whether you hated David Cameron but couldn't explain why anyway.

Umm, when did I say you were arrogant or even imply it?

Nenya awakens
11-05-10, 21:40
@ Nenya awakens Then go have your say in the other thread. I was discussing the political implications, like the tremendous waste in taxpayers' money when they prosecuted the couple, considering they don't charge yobs because "they don't want to harm their futures".

Actualy, since your post was in this thread and you mentioned about it being their home, I will reply here.

In this context - it's their home. Are you saying that dragging them in front of a judge was the right thing to do? Think of the wasted taxpayers' money. Are you also saying that people shouldn't have the right to refuse entry onto private property those they don't necessarily agree with?

ggctuk
11-05-10, 21:42
As I said, political implications brought about by Gordon Brown's "Shoot first, ask questions later" PPolice Force culture.

Bonez
11-05-10, 21:43
Well, as I have said I'm not extremly well educated in politics and I do find it boring. However I do like to take interest because after all - if you don't vote, you can't complain with how your country is being run!

Umm, when did I say you were arrogant or even imply it?

Sorry - that wasn't directed at you!

IceColdLaraCroft
11-05-10, 21:43
And I asked you why and you didn't expand upon it.

Your constant "why"-ing of everyone is pretty much trolling for a fight on politics.

Nenya awakens
11-05-10, 21:46
But what gives them the right to turn away customers from their business because of their sexuality? If a gay couple turned away people because they were straight people wouldn't think "oh well it is their home". The fact is they shouldn't be allowed to get away with discrimination like that, Yes, it's disgusting how yobs on the streets are let away with things and Grannys are locked away for not paying their council tax. I agree that there is a huge problem there, But these people should not be allowed to get away with discrimination, whatever shape or form.

Mad Tony
Your constant "why"-ing of everyone is pretty much trolling for a fight on politics.No it's merely me asking people why they hate or dislike David Cameron because as I explained earlier you hear it quite a lot but no actual explanation as to why. Of course I guess you wouldn't be familiar with that since you don't actually live here. It's not trolling (that's something reserved for you on this forum), just me being inquisitive.

So, what things do you think I haven't explained upon?

ggctuk
Sorry - that wasn't directed at you!

I didn't say you were arrogant. I said what you had said sounded arrogant. But it's really difficult to tell from a computer screen. :pi:

Bonez
11-05-10, 21:48
I didn't say you were arrogant. I said what you had said sounded arrogant. But it's really difficult to tell from a computer screen. :pi:

To be fair, I can see why it did. Honestly I'm not! :p I think I'm too much up for a laugh to like Politics XD

I'm sorry!

Buffy87
11-05-10, 22:24
Can't say I didn't see this coming. I do feel bad for Gordon Brown though - sure as a leader he wasn't up to scratch but as a person I didn't mind him. A few years back a friend and I met him in Kirkcaldy (spelling?) whilst we were studying in Dundee and he was pleasant enough to us. So in that respect I have no problem with him personally - but as a PM he wasn't what the country needed. (And I say that as a Labour loyalist). On a side note, I know a good friend who interned at Downing Street ( some post under the Labour party I am not sure which) and said that Tony Blair was a perfectly pleasant, friendly man too. Meh I dunno..

On the subject of David Cameron - personally I am not a fan. I won;t go so far as to say I detest him because quite frankly he has done nothing to make me outright detest him. But I am not over keen and I think it is down to the fact that IMO he seems to be trying to hard to prove that he is in touch with the everyday people of the country. In some respects that was my only issue with Blair as well.
However, that said I'll wait and see what he does in the coming months before I pass judgement on him as PM - I might not like him much from his media/public persona but for all I know he could turn out to be an excellent PM. I'll wait and see.

Henpen
11-05-10, 22:39
There's nothing I hate more than when people's sole reason for hating David Cameron (Prime Minister now, woooo!!!! :D) is because he's upper class and went to Eton and Oxford, it's just NOT a reason to hate someone!! People deciding that someone's ability to rule is harmed by their background is frankly absurd!

Mad Tony
11-05-10, 22:47
There's nothing I hate more than when people's sole reason for hating David Cameron (Prime Minister now, woooo!!!! :D) is because he's upper class and went to Eton and Oxford, it's just NOT a reason to hate someone!! People deciding that someone's ability to rule is harmed by their background is frankly absurd!I agree. That is in fact probably one of the most common reasons why people say they don't like him. He can't be that bad then if that's people's most common gripe with him!