PDA

View Full Version : Brain haemorrhage :( how long left to live?

~*~Chloe~*~
11-05-10, 20:45
So I've just received the news that my Grandma has a brain haemorrhage :( she had a stroke about six months ago and I'm not sure if that's what caused this, bur Doctors arent sure how long she has left to live, is there a chance she could pull through?

xXhayleyroxXx
11-05-10, 20:52
Im really not sure hunni :( It varies from the person also. I wish you and your grandma all the best however, and whenever you need anyone to talk to we're all here, and i'll gladly listen :hug:

Love2Raid
11-05-10, 20:54
I'm really sorry to hear this. It depends on the location and the size I think. Her age and co-morbidity (other diseases) are important as well. Just keeping hoping for the best outcome. It must be really hard for you, stay strong. :hug:

Chocola teapot
11-05-10, 20:55
Perhaps a few months hun, Perhaps longer.

DO NOT consider the time left, enjoy the time you have together now, RIGHT NOW! :(

I'm so sorry Hun!

:hug: :(

:gki:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Love2Raid
11-05-10, 20:58
I don't think it's wise to mention any time at all. We know nothing about this case, absolutely nothing. How do we know if it's hours or years? Like I said, just hope for the best outcome. Sometimes that isn't survival, as hard as that may sound. I'm sorry. :o

xXhayleyroxXx
11-05-10, 20:59
@chocola. Ask her about her life if you havn't already - how did her and your grandpa meet, was her life nice, what has she learnt from life? etc..

Honestly, and everytime you say goodbye say 'i love you'. Its the strongest and most true thing you could say to her if you never see her again.

lara c. fan
11-05-10, 21:01
Honestly, and everytime you say goodbye say 'i love you'. Its the strongest and most true thing you could say to her if you never see her again.

Heh, and mine was "See ya!"....

But anyway, as to the subject at hand, I haven't a clue.
Your doctor might, though. :)

Love2Raid
11-05-10, 21:02
Isn't she in a coma? :o

I, Tomb Raider
11-05-10, 21:02
Sorry to hear that. :( :hug:
My grandmother had a rectum cancer, but she had a surgery and she's cancer free now, thanks God.

Enjoy your time left! :gki:

xXhayleyroxXx
11-05-10, 21:05
Heh, and mine was "See ya!"....

But anyway, as to the subject at hand, I haven't a clue.
Your doctor might, though. :)

:o I always say 'i love you' to everyone I care about when i leave them, im not taking that risk.

Rai
11-05-10, 21:07
Your best bet is to ask the doctor, Chloe. Whatever they say, all you can do is enjoy the time you do have. Talk to her, and give each other hugs and tell her you love her. I'm sorry to hear this news, it must be tough, but pull toegther as a family and stay strong. :hug:

~*~Chloe~*~
11-05-10, 21:07
I'm not sure if she's conscious or not, she lives over 200 miles from me but my dad took the first train to go and see her this morning. I might be going over but I'm not sure I'll be able to take seeing her like that :( and I dont want to talk to my dad on the phone as we'll both be in fits of tears

xXhayleyroxXx
11-05-10, 21:11
I'm not sure if she's conscious or not, she lives over 200 miles from me but my dad took the first train to go and see her this morning. I might be going over but I'm not sure I'll be able to take seeing her like that :( and I dont want to talk to my dad on the phone as we'll both be in fits of tears

My mum went to see my gran when she broke her hip, and told me never to go see her because of the way she looked and all the tubes in her. I dont regret not going to see her, and I know my gran understood and if she passed away due to weakness, she would have wanted me to remember her the way she was. So I totally understand how you feel :/ Maybe ring the hospital and ask to speak to her.

toxicraider
11-05-10, 21:23
I'm very sorry to hear that. I really hope that she pulls through though. :( :hug:

I think you should speak to her doctor once you get a chance - they will be honest, but maybe it's better than not knowing? That way you can make sure you spend a lot of time with her, and help her by keeping strong.

Legend 4ever
11-05-10, 21:48
That happened to my grandma and she had surgery. That was 7 years ago and she's still alive and healthy, turning 79 this June. I'm not familiar at all with the process, but I'm sure it can't be the same for everyone, it never is. I hope your grandma pulls through it.

Sgt BOMBULOUS
11-05-10, 22:14

If you can go, you should. If something went wrong before you could get there you'd have to live with that for the rest of your life. I hope everything turns out ok. :)

Alpharaider47
11-05-10, 22:51

If you go, it will probably help you in the long run. I say don't give up hope that she'll pull through, anything can happen. Enjoy what time you have