PDA

View Full Version : move to London?

Simochka
12-05-10, 07:11
Ok so in a few months I'm starting in a new school. I'm getting educated to a stylist. With that I can become a make up artist, work in stores like H&M or in other make up stores.
So I'm thinking of moving to London when I have worked and earned some money here in Sweden. I want to live in a bigger city. Because the city I live in now is just too small and stockholm isn't big enough even if the subways and streets are very crowded..
But I have a few questions about London. The first thing is apartment standards. I heard it's very low and the apartments can be dirty and disgusting. And if the people who lived there before had many depts then they will pass over to the text person with that adress?
And I'm gay and I wear heavy make up. Is there a risk that someone will attack me in the streets or something? Is it dangerous to live in London?

Thats the questions for now :)

Mikky
12-05-10, 07:14
Well, it's true that a lot apartments can be dirty, but not all of them are.
And as long as you don't wear make up in dark secluded areas, you'll be fine. ;)

Overall, I don't think London is a very good place to live in, especially if you're a make up artist. Why not try Paris?

Apathetic
12-05-10, 07:19
Well, it's true that a lot apartments can be dirty, but not all of them are.
And as long as you don't wear make up in dark secluded areas, you'll be fine. ;)

Overall, I don't think London is a very good place to live in, especially if you're a make up artist. Why not try Paris?

:eek: What?! I'd love to live in London. Infact I'll be moving there when I'm older.

Mikky
12-05-10, 07:20
:eek: What?! I'd love to live in London. Infact I'll be moving there when I'm older.

It may look great in TV and all that, but the reality of it is far different. :(

Simochka
12-05-10, 07:22
i was thinking Paris at first. But french is too hard for me to learn. I studied french in 4 years in school and I don't even know how to spell Je m'appelle anymore.

But I'm thinking of trying to live in London in 6 months. If it doesn't work I just move back to Sweden. I want to try new york but I dunno if it's too expensive there.

Apathetic
12-05-10, 07:23
It may look great in TV and all that, but the reality of it is far different. :(

I'm very aware of what it's like in reality as opposed to how media portrays it. ;)

Mikky
12-05-10, 07:25
^^^ I highly doubt that unless you've actually been to London.

i was thinking Paris at first. But french is too hard for me to learn. I studied french in 4 years in school and I don't even know how to spell Je m'appelle anymore.

But I'm thinking of trying to live in London in 6 months. If it doesn't work I just move back to Sweden. I want to try new york but I dunno if it's too expensive there.

New York is too expensive. It may seem like French is super hard, but I was always told by my French teacher that you could learn 3 times as much French in France if you were their for a week than you could from French lessons. ;)
Besides, there are thousands of people who speak English in France. :)

Simochka
12-05-10, 07:34
Hmm maybe I should pick Paris then. I've been there once and loved every second of it. One of few vacations that I actually enjoyed.
I could move there for 6 months and study french. And see if I can study french in my new school.
It seems like the perfect city to work with fashion and make up. :D

Mikky
12-05-10, 07:36
Hmm maybe I should pick Paris then. I've been there once and loved every second of it. One of few vacations that I actually enjoyed.
I could move there for 6 months and study french. And see if I can study french in my new school.
It seems like the perfect city to work with fashion and make up. :D

I'm glad I could help. :D Trust me, it's the right decision. ;)

I hear the guys there are cute too. :p

Another Lara
12-05-10, 08:05
Ok so in a few months I'm starting in a new school. I'm getting educated to a stylist. With that I can become a make up artist, work in stores like H&M or in other make up stores.
So I'm thinking of moving to London when I have worked and earned some money here in Sweden. I want to live in a bigger city. Because the city I live in now is just too small and stockholm isn't big enough even if the subways and streets are very crowded..
But I have a few questions about London. The first thing is apartment standards. I heard it's very low and the apartments can be dirty and disgusting. And if the people who lived there before had many depts then they will pass over to the text person with that adress?
And I'm gay and I wear heavy make up. Is there a risk that someone will attack me in the streets or something? Is it dangerous to live in London?

Thats the questions for now :)

London's fine if you pick the right area to work and live... personally I would suggest living on the outskirts of London, you get better quality for your money, but research the areas first as although there are lovely parts of London, there is also really dodgy parts that you should avoid altogether!

It's a very big city, I'm sure you'd find somewhere eventually... but finding a job in the current climate might be a bit tricky!

Good luck in whatever you decide to do! :)

Draco
12-05-10, 08:15
London? I thought only silly rich Americans intentionally move there.

Apathetic
12-05-10, 08:17
London? I thought only silly rich Americans intentionally move there.

*raises eyebrow*

Mikky
12-05-10, 08:18
*raises eyebrow*

Exactly. Unless he's being sarcastic. :p