PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes I hate the postal service....

voltz
12-05-10, 16:57
Just eff'in wonderful. Last weekend I wasn't home in time to get a package that was delivered and instead of leaving a notice for pickup, he leaves it there. :eek: I found this out when I was calling yesterday about my tracking number telling me it's delivered and apparently somebody STOLE it without me ever knowing. :hea: I just had a bit of an evening going between my post office, talking to my seller from Ebay, talking to a police officer (for the thief report) and filing a complaint cause the mailman didn't know any better.

All this.... for a single comic book. :p

herothing
12-05-10, 16:59
Just eff'in wonderful. Last weekend I wasn't home in time to get a package that was delivered and instead of leaving a notice for pickup, he leaves it there. :eek: I found this out when I was calling yesterday about my tracking number telling me it's delivered and apparently somebody STOLE it without me ever knowing. :hea: I just had a bit of an evening going between my post office, talking to my seller from Ebay, talking to a police officer (for the thief report) and filing a complaint cause the mailman didn't know any better.

All this.... for a single comic book. :p

Trust me, you've never experienced Royal Mail :vlol:

remote91
12-05-10, 17:00
Sometimes when we have a package the delivery people leave us a note telling us where they've hidden it..

I love them

voltz
12-05-10, 17:01

I really hope you guys send postage with insurance.

Sometimes when we have a package the delivery people leave us a note telling us where they've hidden it..

I love them

Behind the brush or under a rock? :vlol:

remote91
12-05-10, 17:03
Behind the brush or under a rock? :vlol:
Ha sometimes, like behind a plant pot..

Once they put it in one of our big bins outside.. I wasn't impressed having to get it out!

igonge
12-05-10, 17:08

I love them

It's like a game. "I've hidden it in the back garden" Wait... WTF how did he get into my back garden?!

It's not just the royal mail. I have some really stupid ass couriers leaving packages in random places for me without a notice. Then I find them a week later, after all the rain and ****.

remote91
12-05-10, 17:08
It's like a game. "I've hidden it in the back garden" Wait... WTF how did he get into my back garden?!

Lmao!

anniversarytr11
12-05-10, 17:12
couldnt a comic book be put through the letterbox? :confused:

IceColdLaraCroft
12-05-10, 17:15

I bought a CD from amazon.co.uk and it took 2 months!!! I got :cen:ed at the seller b/c I thought they stole my money, but they swore they delivered it but it was because they used Royal Mail

spikejones
12-05-10, 17:19
you must live in a crappy neighborhood.

I hate that the Fed Ex and UPS delivery service only come around when I'm at work. So instead of leaving the package with a neighbor (if available) or in worst case scenario leaving it on the door step ... they put a notice saying they will be back the next day same time or else you can come pick it up. For me... I had to actually drive out in the rain on my bike to get my phone from the Fed Ex place.

voltz
12-05-10, 17:20
I bought a CD from amazon.co.uk and it took 2 months!!! I got :cen:ed at the seller b/c I thought they stole my money, but they swore they delivered it but it was because they used Royal Mail

That could explain why I have to wait sometimes when I order from there.

IceColdLaraCroft
12-05-10, 17:22

I hate that the Fed Ex and UPS delivery service only come around when I'm at work. So instead of leaving the package with a neighbor (if available) or in worst case scenario leaving it on the door step ... they put a notice saying they will be back the next day same time or else you can come pick it up. For me... I had to actually drive out in the rain on my bike to get my phone from the Fed Ex place.

you can leave directions for them to leave packages with neighbors etc.

spikejones
12-05-10, 17:33
yeah, if I want to wait another day. sometimes it is something you need that day though ;)

Agent 47
12-05-10, 17:54

one word............customs :D they can hold goods for a while, 2 months is excessive but i'd explore all options before badmouthing RM :D

date item despatched
days in sorting office
date of ship/plane departure
days at customs
date despatched to USPS
days in their sorting office
date of delivery

I've ordered loads from the US off ebay, average delivery time 2 weeks maximum :jmp: very impressed with the US based sellers i use :D

Mikky
13-05-10, 03:32
Wow, that sucks. My postman sometimes leaves stuff on my doorstep, but it's never been stolen. I would lose it if one of my TR collectables got stolen before I could even touch them.

EmeraldFields
13-05-10, 03:36
I don't ever remember having a problem with the US Postal Service, but on TRF it seems like there is a thread a month about hating the postal service! :p

Alpharaider47
13-05-10, 05:51

I love how Fed Ex never knocks out here lol.

voltz
27-09-10, 15:11
Well here's a new one. I ordered a mini-keyboard off Ebay, got fast delivery and whats this I find? I have 2.45 due for whats left on the shipping charge. :confused: Turns out the printed weight vs actual is not the same by .15 ozs.

Glad the item was pretty cheap, otherwise.... grrr.... :hea:

robbie_rawr
27-09-10, 15:54
I got a Games guide befor of amazon and it took ages to come! Like 2 months when your on your holidays and your not allowed to go on the internet whilst on the ps3 it sucks! ( electricity bill ) _

Super Badnik
27-09-10, 17:08
Hey, leave the Royal Mail alone.

Squibbly
27-09-10, 17:13
I don't have any problem with the postal service here. :)

Lara Croft!
27-09-10, 18:50
I don't have any problem with the postal service here. :)

Me neither. The Greek post office when you're not home the couriers leave you a note for you to go to the nearest post office and pick it up. If the postal service is a private company, then they call you and you arrange another date and time.

Squibbly
27-09-10, 18:51
Me neither. The Greek post office when you're not home the couriers leave you a note for you to go to the nearest post office and pick it up. If the postal service is a private company, then they call you and you arrange another date and time.

Exact same way here.

snork
27-09-10, 19:24
Here you can register with the postal service if you want them to leave the stuff on your doorstep / carport / whatever you choose.

So you do not have to go fetch it from the office. :)

Sgt BOMBULOUS
27-09-10, 19:36
Can you have things sent to your work? I have pretty much everything sent to my office. There's always someone here to receive it and it never end up sitting outside my door to be stolen.

Lara's home
27-09-10, 20:03
Never experienced that. Guess they're not so bad here in Norway. :p
If I'm not home, they drop a note in the mailbox and deliver it at the postal office(?). Isn't that what they are supposed to do?

Los Angeles
27-09-10, 20:16
My letter from Brazil still didn't arrive. It's been like 2 months already. :whi:

Encore
27-09-10, 23:42
Never experienced that. Guess they're not so bad here in Norway. :p
If I'm not home, they drop a note in the mailbox and deliver it at the postal office(?). Isn't that what they are supposed to do?

Yeah exactly, I thought that was the standard procedure everywhere. How strange. :confused:

voltz
27-09-10, 23:47
You know what's bad about this? When I had my issue stolen, they talked about setting up a box at their place, but do you have any idea how much more it costs to have that when you're in a city?? Sorry bub, don't go pitchin your little sales attempts at me if you can't fulfill your duties as the delivery boy! :cen:

LEAVE A NOTE!

touchthesky
28-09-10, 08:30
Our postie is decent but I hear a lot about them leaving cards without even trying to ring the bell etc.

xXhayleyroxXx
28-09-10, 09:24
Our postman usually leaves it with a neighbour if we're not in-- our crazy neighbour who hates us and opens our mail :pi:

michaeldt
28-09-10, 10:30
most of the time my mail people leave parcels outside the house :( but sometimes I like that as nobody usually steals it and it saves me having to go down to the post office to go and get it! :p

digitizedboy
28-09-10, 10:47
I kinda sympathise, Royal Mail are very careless sometimes. I ordered something from Ebay, and I was waiting a whole week. It was a good job I looked underneath the meter box outside the front door, because that's where the Postman shoved it, without even posting a card or anything to note me where it was. What! Am I like supposed to be able to mind read here?!?

Rai
28-09-10, 10:54
I got all excited this morning when DHL turned up. I was 'ooh a parcel :D'. Turned out to be a catalogue. Woo

:pi:

Dennis's Mom
28-09-10, 12:06
DHL for a catalog? Was it Neiman Marcus's Wish book?

The post office isn't going to do above and beyond the service paid by the sender. I've never had a problem with stuff on my doorstep, thank goodness.

However, stealing the mail is tampering with the US mail, a federal offense. I'd put a note on my door stating Leavenworth is never a good time. Leave my **** alone! :mad:

:}hello friend
28-09-10, 17:37
I waited three months on a t-shirt. That literally fell apart within the first week.

Mystery-King
28-09-10, 18:11
We've never had a real problem with the mail. Its actually been fairly efficient where I live. Except one time when it was discovered on Postman was with-holding our mail for no reason at all, for quite a length of time and my parents had to reapply for a dozen things and pay for loads of stuff because of one mans arrogance! Grr! D: Oh well... :)

Tear
28-09-10, 20:13
I'm sorry.:(

I ordered a $60 game off of Amazon some months back, and apparantly someone went into my mailbox and stole it. I taked to the seller and the postal office and they said it was delivered so... that sucks.