PDA

View Full Version : Are they allowed to do this?

amiro1989
13-05-10, 03:45
Hi guys,

So I bought the Dre. Beats Solo headphones back in December and had a problem with them in February, and I had to send them back to the warehouse, to get a new pair of headphones. So last month I sent my pair of headphones (beginning of April), but I still didn't receive anything. I called three times the customer service, and nothing. Apparently, they're two weeks behind, and they weren't able to keep up with the pace, but it makes no sense, because when I talked with someone on the line a while ago, they told me they would exchange them directly, but I still didn't have any answer, and it's been a month now. Should I be worried? I mean I've payed 270$ for this, and I use it to compose my music, but I haven't been able to do anything since. I'm so effed. Are they allowed to do this? I need help. Should I call and complain?

Mikky
13-05-10, 03:48
Wow, that's a lot of money for headphones.

I guess you only have two options: keep complaining or just wait. :)

Sgt BOMBULOUS
13-05-10, 03:50
Where did you buy them from? If they're not reputable, then that's just a risk you took when you bought them.

amiro1989
13-05-10, 03:58
Future Shop. They are legal distributors of Dre Beats in Canada.

Sgt BOMBULOUS
13-05-10, 03:59
Future Shop. They are legal distributors of Dre Beats in Canada.

Sounds like a supply/product defect problem. I'd say wait it out.

amiro1989
13-05-10, 04:07
Sounds like a supply/product defect problem. I'd say wait it out.

But did it happen to you guys? Because maybe that's just how it is usually?

Mikky
13-05-10, 04:09
But did it happen to you guys? Because maybe that's just how it is usually?

This is happens all the time to thousands of people in the world, in thousands of websites.

amiro1989
13-05-10, 04:13
This is happens all the time to thousands of people in the world, in thousands of websites.

That's great to know. Honestly. It makes me less nervous. I really don't want them to be like, you never sent us your headphones. I'd be like "Shut your face".

Another Lara
13-05-10, 07:52
I partly work for customer services and we get problems liekt his a lot where there's a miscommunication somewhere, so someone tells you one thing and then you speak to someone else and they tell you something completely different.

I would suggest keep calling them, but not in a way that's rude or offensive, just keep calling and asking for an update on your product, and if you get nowhere ask to speak to a manager or something to show that you're not going to let it slide!

Good luck! :)

TheBloodRed
13-05-10, 08:20
I think the main problem here is that you paid $270 for headphones. :ton:

Sgt BOMBULOUS
13-05-10, 12:28

How about a $4,000.00 pair of headphones (http://www.elusivedisc.com/prodinfo.asp?number=STXSRS727B)?

amiro1989
13-05-10, 15:44
I partly work for customer services and we get problems liekt his a lot where there's a miscommunication somewhere, so someone tells you one thing and then you speak to someone else and they tell you something completely different.

I would suggest keep calling them, but not in a way that's rude or offensive, just keep calling and asking for an update on your product, and if you get nowhere ask to speak to a manager or something to show that you're not going to let it slide!

Good luck! :)

Thanks I'll do this. :)

Dennis's Mom
13-05-10, 16:51
Anytime you get more than one story is the time to get more aggressive about it. Do you have proof/tracking number of your returning them? Do they know who you are when you call (i.e., look you up on their database?)

You are a customer. Remind them of that. Tell them that you expect to be dealt with truthfully, not fobbed off with one story after another. Do not be afraid to ask for a supervisor if you feel you're being pawned off with another "gosh, we've been behind" story. You deserve to hear things like "Yes sir. We received your headphones. Currently they are out of stock and we expect to get a new supply on this date. You should recieve them within ten working days of that date."

Keep records. They took your money and represented a product. They have obligations.

amiro1989
13-05-10, 17:08
Anytime you get more than one story is the time to get more aggressive about it. Do you have proof/tracking number of your returning them? Do they know who you are when you call (i.e., look you up on their database?)

You are a customer. Remind them of that. Tell them that you expect to be dealt with truthfully, not fobbed off with one story after another. Do not be afraid to ask for a supervisor if you feel you're being pawned off with another "gosh, we've been behind" story. You deserve to hear things like "Yes sir. We received your headphones. Currently they are out of stock and we expect to get a new supply on this date. You should recieve them within ten working days of that date."

Keep records. They took your money and represented a product. They have obligations.

I do have a tracking number, and I sent them several times, and they always check in the database, and I sent them an e-mail, again, today, to make sure they remember that I'm still waiting and that they should at least keep me posted on what's happening. If they don't answer this I'll call again, tomorrow.

Thanks though. :hug:

danjodan
13-05-10, 18:48
How about a $4,000.00 pair of headphones (http://www.elusivedisc.com/prodinfo.asp?number=STXSRS727B)?

!!ZOMG!!I want one:mad:

Minty Mouth
13-05-10, 19:42

That's quite low, really.

xXhayleyroxXx
13-05-10, 19:52
I think everyone has this problem once in a lifetime :p I ordered something months before Christmas and had a confirmation email, but didnt recieve it until Christmas eve. I emailed them roughly five times enquiring where it was with no reply, until eventually someone did and calmed me :)

Honestly dont worry so much, they will come :hug:

Admles
13-05-10, 19:53
Chances are it's being sent back to the manufacturer, so six to eight weeks is nothing.

IceColdLaraCroft
13-05-10, 19:57
!!ZOMG!!I want one:mad:

For $4,000 you could spend a night with your avatar

amiro1989
13-05-10, 21:47
Chances are it's being sent back to the manufacturer, so six to eight weeks is nothing.

I sent it to the manufacturer four weeks ago.

Plus, 270$ for headphones is not expensive at all, considering I'm not having them for the thrill, but to make music with them.... Which is what they are for.