PDA

View Full Version : Anyone notice some popular websites have been redesigned

Johnnay
13-05-10, 13:53
First Youtube have changed their layout, now Google and Wikipedia have also changed their layouts too. I ****en hate Googles new look a lot.

Any other websites worth noticing. And does anyone like these new layouts anyway

Bloody discuss NAO

almayah
13-05-10, 13:54
Youtube, facebook,....yeah

ajrich17901
13-05-10, 13:55
Uh just normal dude, every now and again sites like to upgrade. Personally I prefer the new youtube, it loads faster.

Mikky
13-05-10, 13:56
How have Wikipedia changed design? =/ Maybe I should take another look. :p

Thorir
13-05-10, 13:56
Yes, I hate all the changes. :(
Why fix things that work great?

ajrich17901
13-05-10, 13:59
How have Wikipedia changed design? =/ Maybe I should take another look. :p

Search bar is on the top right of the page now. Can't see any other changes lol.

Dina_Croft
13-05-10, 14:00
Google too? I haven't noticed anything and I'm using it everyday lowlz.

I dunno at first I hate changes but then I get used to them. Now I love youtube's new layout. And it loads faster.

Liara
13-05-10, 14:03
Oh my god, why the heck did they change my beloved Wiki bar? *whimpers in corner* I hate all these changes - why change a formula that has already worked great for years?

Mikky
13-05-10, 14:03
Search bar is on the top right of the page now. Can't see any other changes lol.

:yik: :yik: :yik: Oh, no!!! The search bar changed places! Please God, save Wikipedia! SAVE IT BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!!

:rolleyes:

ajrich17901
13-05-10, 14:15
:yik: :yik: :yik: Oh, no!!! The search bar changed places! Please God, save Wikipedia! SAVE IT BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!!
:rolleyes:

:spm: And for the record I was explaining not complaining ;)

Mikky
13-05-10, 14:17
:spm: And for the record I was explaining not complaining ;)

Who said you were complaining? :confused:

ajrich17901
13-05-10, 14:20
Who said you were complaining? :confused:

Well the smart ass sarcastic way you posted pretty much sums it up.

Mikky
13-05-10, 14:21
Well the smart ass sarcastic way you posted pretty much sums it up.

You completely read it wrong. It wasn't even directed towards you.

ajrich17901
13-05-10, 14:21
You completely read it wrong. It wasn't even directed towards you.

Never mind I get ya now. Dry humour lol.

snork
13-05-10, 14:56
some more has changed in the wikipedia layout.

I do not yet know if I like or hate it.

I still see no progress in providing any interface that makes it more useable in reading, NOT editing wikipedia, no way to blend out the 127 languages I will never use, no "repeat search in [language]" if a search in some language did not turn up useful results, and, and, and ....

You don't like it, you can turn it off.
: Take Me Back

If you would like to turn off the new features, click here (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:UserLogin&returnto=Special%3AUsabilityInitiativePrefSwitch&returntoquery=from%3DSpecial%253ASearch%26fromquer y%3Dsearch%253Dhdvb%26mode%3Doff). You will be asked to login or create an account first.

The google interface I like it actually (using google without account)

Chocola teapot
13-05-10, 14:57
They smell. :|

sandygrimm
13-05-10, 15:09
Gee what's the problem? You can't let the website look lame while everything around is "evolving" .. I agree I don't like the functionality.. but it's called PROGRESS!

MiCkiZ88
13-05-10, 15:21
Don't really care. I like changes.

Alpharaider47
13-05-10, 15:26
Youtube's change completely threw me for a few mins, but I've gotten used to it. I did notice that Google was different, but it seems like a minor change =/

Sir Croft
13-05-10, 15:33
Love the new Google and Wiki. Much cleaner.

spikejones
13-05-10, 15:42
TRF should follow suit. time for a change of layout here.

Mikky
13-05-10, 15:44

I completely agree. I usually love blue, but TRF is starting to make me hate it. =/

HappyShannon
13-05-10, 15:45
Googles the same for me, I quite like the new facebook now, Youtube is poo :( (I want the old design back :p).

Plus Habbo has changed completely since I was last on it :pi: I hate the beta version :p

tonyme
13-05-10, 16:16
Oh No I don't want TRF to change the layout at all! But all the other sites? Esp. YouTube, that's a big no no.

Alpharaider47
13-05-10, 16:20
Oh No I don't want TRF to change the layout at all! But all the other sites? Esp. YouTube, that's a big no no.

We could at least do with a banner update

xcrushterx
13-05-10, 16:30
Digital Spy has changed too :( Me no likey.

Johnnay
13-05-10, 20:06

And NO

I, Tomb Raider
13-05-10, 20:46
Yes, I did.
Google and YouTube.
Now you can search on YT while the song's playing. I really like that change. ;)

Quasimodo
13-05-10, 21:31

Now that you've said it out loud it's never gonna happen :p

Phantasmagoria
13-05-10, 21:50
I'll never understand why humans are so upright to change. Personally, I love changes. With me, the same thing over and over again is kind of boring.

Catracoth
13-05-10, 21:52
Google has a new look?

Phantasmagoria
13-05-10, 21:56
Not anything major. Just a new sidebar while searching. Which has some useful tools.

Catracoth
13-05-10, 21:59
Hmm...shows how susceptible I am to change. That, or it isn't even that big a deal that some chaps are making it to be.

kthnxbai
13-05-10, 22:03
The entire I Can Haz Cheezbuger network have gotten new layouts...

They just look prettier than before...

Youtube changes constantly....

Whether it's perceived to be needed or not, regular change is good...

There's nothing worse than a company that's stuck in its ways... If something doesn't change then it'll become outdated and fail...

Tony9595
13-05-10, 22:37
I love both YouTube and Facebook, I can't see how those changes suck.

The only thing that I've noticed with google is the links at the top that only appear when I move the mouse. Other than that it's the same for me.

peeves
13-05-10, 22:39
I've notice Youtube was redesigned and golden-road as well. And when season 39 comes of price is right golden road will redesign again.

spikejones
13-05-10, 23:07
Now that you've said it out loud it's never gonna happen :p

psychological warfare has been waged. the question now becomes - am I trying to manipulate the forces that be into keeping the layout as is, because I have stated that it should be changed. OR do I really want it to be changed, but now they think I don't want it to be changed, so in order to thwart my manipulative intents they shall change it. When you deal with a cunning manipulative sob, you can never really be sure you are doing things because you really want to or not.

Quasimodo
13-05-10, 23:10
psychological warfare has been waged. the question now becomes - am I trying to manipulate the forces that be into keeping the layout as is, because I have stated that it should be changed. OR do I really want it to be changed, but now they think I don't want it to be changed, so in order to thwart my manipulative intents they shall change it. When you deal with a cunning manipulative sob, you can never really be sure you are doing things because you really want to or not.

Well you can't have plebs thinking they can run the show with strong-arm tactics :p

Lara_Fan_33
13-05-10, 23:16
ive gotten used to the new facebook, i still dont really like the new youtube, although its not a big deal :/ wiki and googles changes are so small i didnt notice :p
as for TRF, i like the layout, but maybe a new banner and change of colour might be nice :) the blues a little much

tomblover
13-05-10, 23:19
TRF needs a new theme.

Original vBulletin theme = cheap. :p