PDA

View Full Version : Walk on water (Liquid Mountaineering)

Antonio
13-05-10, 16:40
Some of them they say it's fake, but some of them say it's possible.
Oe3St1GgoHQ
However it is, it's fun to watch.:D

HappyShannon
13-05-10, 16:45
I don't know if it's real or not but it looks so fun :eek:

the ancient
13-05-10, 16:47
I don't think it is possible they need to walk faster :)

sandygrimm
13-05-10, 16:51
Now if they could only go threw walls :p

Rai
13-05-10, 16:53
Well that was fun to watch. They're not bad looking either, so that helped :whi: :p

MsRedFoxx
13-05-10, 17:14
^Hahaha I agree :p

I think that they'd have to have a lot more force behind they're steps and be faster in order to truly achieve it. So all in all they'd have to be really light, really strong, really fast and have huge feet to increase the surface area in contact with the water to achieve it so we're looking at a very tough platypus :p

Siberian Tiger
13-05-10, 18:17
Well that was fun to watch. They're not bad looking either, so that helped :whi: :p

Easy on the eyes. :p

An interesting watch and naturally, I'm totally sceptical but a part of me wants to believe in this. Water particles don't separate quick enough when something impacts on it so quickly, which is pretty much why you'd die if you landed in water from a great height. The particles don't separate fast enough, therefore it's pretty much like hitting concrete.

woody543
13-05-10, 18:31
Now if they could only go threw walls :p

Well considering that the all atoms in our bodies are primarily empty space there is something like 1 in an infinity chance that if you time it right, and are fast enough, you can pass through a brick wall :ton:

IceColdLaraCroft
13-05-10, 18:40
In one of the 'funny cat' videos there's a cat that runs across the top of water.

Although there could be something in the water they're running on

Lemmie
13-05-10, 18:40
An interesting watch and naturally, I'm totally sceptical but a part of me wants to believe in this. Water particles don't separate quick enough when something impacts on it so quickly, which is pretty much why you'd die if you landed in water from a great height. The particles don't separate fast enough, therefore it's pretty much like hitting concrete.

But it's also about the weight on a given area. A fully grown human running on water would have to be moving a lot faster I would think, but I'm not a scientist.

I'm sceptical, but it was pretty fun to watch. :D

Smog
13-05-10, 18:48
If people were able to run on water, it certainly wouldn't be in Hi-Tecs. :whi:

Come to think of it, that guy's wearing a Hi-Tec hat as well...

:pi::pi::pi:

Admles
13-05-10, 19:40
These guys should be careful, the last guy who tried that got crucified....... (if you believe that story)

Chocola teapot
13-05-10, 20:15
Impossible! :vlol:

I, Tomb Raider
13-05-10, 21:24
Meh, walking on water. :rolleyes:
How about turning water to wine? :D

:p

Gabi
13-05-10, 22:29
These guys should be careful, the last guy who tried that got crucified....... (if you believe that story)
LOL :D

I think it's cool.
And it hardly is "walking" on water, more like skipping. But good luck to them (if it is genuine).

Alpharaider47
13-05-10, 22:33
Meh, walking on water. :rolleyes:
How about turning water to wine? :D

:p

Meh I'm still waiting for the Alchemists to turn my lead into gold.
Interesting though.

spikejones
13-05-10, 23:16
basilisk lizards can do it, so I'm sure its possible for humans to run across water given the correct circumstances. One needs to have an adequate surface area on their feet to provide long enough "flotation" before taking the next step - and they need to be fast enough on their feet in order to not let that window of opportunity pass. Technically speaking its perfectly possible.

45yabrnryXk

silver_wolf
14-05-10, 00:53
Technically they're running on water. And yeah it's possible, briefly, with enough momentum, like the aforementioned lizard.

Mikky
14-05-10, 04:51
I'm open-minded about stuff, but let's not get carried away.
Unless someone has actual magical powers or some kind of tool, it's physically impossible to walk on water.

ryan91
14-05-10, 09:19
i think it's possible. if jesus had done it, we can do it too :D. at least he was a human. being related to god, doesn't change that all people are equal i think :D.

TippingWater
14-05-10, 09:23

:vlol::tmb:

Ikas90
14-05-10, 09:33
That. was. cool.