PDA

View Full Version : Body ideal?

Simochka
15-05-10, 09:12
Ok. Me and my friends (girls) were watching tv and a swedish commercial from a beauty store called kicks came on. And my friends were complaining on how the girls in the commercial looked. They were too thin and thanks to this commercial young girls will believe this is how they should look blahblah
Here's the commerical

qxgi_repgFY

IMO the girls have nice bodies. I'm not againts big girls or anything. But it's not more right to show big girls on tv then showing thin girls.

How is the perfect ideal body for you? Thin, big, bigger, fat?
I don't really care as long as the person feel comfortable with their body.
But I have never understood why people, mostly girls get angry about stuffs like this. Do girls feel so insecure with their bodies so they have to pick on thin girls?

(btw I'm tired and sick now so I know my english sucks lol)

MiCkiZ88
15-05-10, 09:17
My ideal body is slim/fit. Not overly muscular, skinny or fat. Just the healthy bmi.

Personally I am too thin and would love to gain a few extra kilos, but it seems impossible.

Rex R
15-05-10, 09:24
well those ladys at least have some muscle...they could stand to have a bit more padding(faces are a tad bit thin imo). I prefer to not be able to count ribs or vertabra mearly by looking :).

HappyShannon
15-05-10, 09:56
I'd be happy with how I look if:

1. The girls in my class weren't so undeveloped and skinny :pi:
2. My school uniform wasn't so baggy (it makes me look chubbeh :()

I'm the right weight, but the other girls in my class think they have to be so skinny that it makes me feel fat :pi: There's only one other girl in my class who's about the right weight :/

Chocola teapot
15-05-10, 10:07
Um oh.

Buffy87
15-05-10, 10:31
I don't really see that there is a problem with the girls in the advert. They don't look unhealthy to me anyhow.

That said - I personally am tall and thin. I'm 5ft 11 and a size 10 ( so I am not massively skinny but thin nonetheless). I am according to the doctor slightly underweight for my height but not so much so that it is something I should be actively trying to rectify.

One thing that annoys me is that I am constantly being called anorexic. Really annoys me - I eat properly, 3 meals a day and it aggravates me that because I am skinny people think I am ill. It can be quite upsetting really.

It also annoys me a little how if you see a "larger" ( I guess the right word would be curvier) celebrity or model - everyone maintains that she is too big, but when you see a tall, thin celebrity or model , everyone automatically says she is to skinny. It's as though you can't win either way. The only time I personally think a woman looks bad is when she is too skinny or when she is too large ( in both cases where it is dangerous to your health).

MsRedFoxx
15-05-10, 11:18
IMO the perfect body is where you can't see ribs or ought and are well toned. I'm not skinny but I aint chubby either. The only thing I want to change with my bod is I want to be more muscular. I'm fine with everything else :)

I think girls are too skinny if you can see their bones or their legs are mega thin with no muscle on them whatsoever but it depends on you genes as well. I also think that curvy people look really great and I envy their curves (coz I wish my boobs would be larger then they are now they're rather pathetic).

Capt. Murphy
15-05-10, 13:31
Those girls... Nah. Skinny isn't always pretty. I'd prefer "chunky" over skinny -actually. You'd probably laugh knowing this is a statement coming from a rather thin guy. :D But 'fit' is always good -IMO. As for Muscular... I do like it a bit. But not too much muscle. That's just weird. Again; IMO. :pi:

irjudd
15-05-10, 14:20
Wow you guys have some weird-ass commercials over there.

MangelinaJolie
15-05-10, 17:32
My ideal body is slim/fit. Not overly muscular, skinny or fat. Just the healthy bmi.

Personally I am too thin and would love to gain a few extra kilos, but it seems impossible.

I agree with this.

I'd also like to gain a bit of weight (let's say at least 10 pounds) but I'm finding it difficult to do healthily.

remote91
15-05-10, 17:55
Sex selleth

Lara's home
15-05-10, 18:35
I'm thinking the same...

Admles
16-05-10, 07:06
I find them all too skinny, and there's not a nice set of legs amongst them.

It seems this world goes to extremes and can't find a happy medium. Either they are too skinny and called sexy or perfect, or obviously overweight and called "healthy" or "curvy" (curvy is more and more being used as a euphemism for fat these days, when they are both completely different things)

Simochka
16-05-10, 09:42
I see most people here perfer healthy bodies.
I have a few friends who loves really skinny girls. and other loves big girls.
But imo skinny girls aren't more accepted then big girls. Everyone says they are making children believe that they should be really skinny. But everywhere you look people are making fun of skinny girls and more people hate skinny girls then bigger.

imo it's a nice commercial. Atleast for us who know the feeling of perfume or make up getting stolen or breaks.

I find them all too skinny, and there's not a nice set of legs amongst them.

It seems this world goes to extremes and can't find a happy medium. Either they are too skinny and called sexy or perfect, or obviously overweight and called "healthy" or "curvy" (curvy is more and more being used as a euphemism for fat these days, when they are both completely different things)

I don't think they are too skinny. Imo they have very nice bodies.
this is too skinny
http://duve.katrineholm.se/program/spit/projekt4_05/Hemsidan/anorexia%20nervosa.jpg

Minty Mouth
16-05-10, 10:20
Do girls feel so insecure with their bodies so they have to pick on thin girls?

I think it boils down to this, really.

Kelly Craftman
16-05-10, 10:36
I prefer girls with curves or slim but healthy. even thought im heterosexual. :p I think girls over think about what they look like because they're just pictures in magazines/ on tv ect. of "The Perfect girl". I say, if you've got boobs or a bootay worth moving, then you should be happy with your body. :D

xXhayleyroxXx
16-05-10, 11:14
I want to be more toned :cln: And to go back to a size 8-10 since im about 10-12 at the moment, theres nothing wrong with that size I just preferred the way I was before and I would totally love to fit in my old clothes.
I think I could achieve that in the summer holidays when i can exercise :cln:

MsRedFoxx
16-05-10, 13:41
^ I've gone up from 8-10 to 10-12 too :( I can't do ought about it tho coz my boobs and hips have grown. Which all in all I don't mind :D

LightningRider
16-05-10, 13:47
I think it boils down to this, really.
Agreed. Very.

I really think an ideal body for me is someone who isn't too thin, or too muscular. Someone who eats and exercises everyday lol.

MsRedFoxx
16-05-10, 13:52
http://duve.katrineholm.se/program/spit/projekt4_05/Hemsidan/anorexia%20nervosa.jpg

One second. *pukes* Blegh! if I found her in my wardrobe it'd be a whole new meaning to "skeletons in your closet"

I would just like to ask her Why? She must have to anchor herself down when theres strong winds lol :D

Admles
16-05-10, 14:04
I don't see a nice pair of legs or a pretty face amongst the whole lot, but that's just me.

Love2Raid
16-05-10, 14:52
Coming from a straight female: I prefer a bit more baby fat over too skinny. You need something more than a walking skeleton if you want to enjoy a hug, right? :D

But muscle > fat. :cln:

silviu_raider
16-05-10, 15:14
I'm not too fond on skinny girls, I like people with some meat on them.:p

xXhayleyroxXx
16-05-10, 15:51
^ I've gone up from 8-10 to 10-12 too :( I can't do ought about it tho coz my boobs and hips have grown. Which all in all I don't mind :D

same :vlol: i want my belly toned mainly:pi:
EDIT: and arms :pi: they used to be muscley but since I've been focusing on exams they just look podgey :p I dont like too muscley though XD

Encore
16-05-10, 16:22
I suffered a lot from self esteem about my looks. I used to be very thin and I honestly disgusted myself when I went to the beach. I finally gained a little weight recently, but now I just have larger hips and ass, and still no boobs at all, so I don't think it made me look better in any way. And I'm 25 - it's only going to get worst from here. :p

I wish I didn't have to look in the mirror everyday, and just completely forget about it, but sadly that's not possible. :p So, I just try my best to ignore it and move on with other aspects of my life.

xXhayleyroxXx
16-05-10, 16:28
I suffered a lot from self esteem about my looks. I used to be very thin and I honestly disgusted myself when I went to the beach. I finally gained a little weight recently, but now I just have larger hips and ass, and still no boobs at all, so I don't think it made me look better in any way. And I'm 25 - it's only going to get worst from here. :p

I wish I didn't have to look in the mirror everyday, and just completely forget about it, but sadly that's not possible. :p So, I just try my best to ignore it and move on with other aspects of my life.

boobs arent everything :) Honestly. I grew up wishing mine were bigger and now they are getting bigger its no big deal. In fact, you have to wear bigger clothes because of them;) Im still considered to be quite small in comparison to other people, but girls with bigger breasts usually find they are saggy or have stretch marks or whatever. Maybe bigger boobs are your body ideal but im sure you're great just the way you are :)

irjudd
16-05-10, 16:50
I don't get the 'bones' hate. I totally love to feel a pair of hip bones. Built in handles if you ask me. :cln:

snork
16-05-10, 17:24
I do not "hate" bones, but if you are skinny yourself, then life can be more uncomfortable compared to if one of you two provides a little - hm - "cushion effect" :p

I am very slim myself, always have been, naturally. When a child, I would be brought to doctors because my mother was wondering where did all the suff I ate go.
It wasn't bad, I remember an antiparasite (worms) medicine I had to take that tasted like artificial strawberry. :D

As for women, I can like a woman small or tall, skinny or more massive, that is not the point.

Aranara
16-05-10, 19:09

I agree.

I don't really care how I look, I just want to feel good in my own body.

Twilight
20-05-10, 02:23
skinny but muscular. posessing flexibility and strength. we're living a physical existance, an ideal body would be one that can be manuvered easily.
wow big words.

CiaKonwerski
20-05-10, 02:28
Do you mean what do I think the perfect ideal body for me is? As in, what I look like. Or what I think the perfect body is one someone I am attracted to?

larafan25
20-05-10, 02:32
Well, I have MY ideal body, then I have the body that I could most possibly be more attracted to.

Then there is my perception of the ideal body.

I think healthy is good, yet how can I judge if someone is healthy or not? how can I say they are or aren't. Different people are healthy and happy at different sizes.

I think when it comes to advertising it is about how you seel that image, if you are saying it is ok to be extremely skinny to a point of it being unhealthy, or even extremely overweight to the point of it becoming a health risk, then it's not good. But if you are selling a product and are showcasing people who are happy with how they look and are not forcing some ideal upon your viwers, then that is good.

Not really sure, I haven't thought about this too much, so it's a touch and go subject for me, anybody could change my opinion.:)

Edit: Also, I'd like to say that for the body I am attracted to, that is basically the worm on the hook, once the fish goes for that worm, you either figure out whats up, or you get hooked. So there are more important factors which weight in later on in the...romantical timeline??...:/ :p

QiX
20-05-10, 04:07
I don't think they are too skinny. Imo they have very nice bodies.
this is too skinny

Dude, this is fake (http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/skinny.html). Some heavy weight people out there prefer to spend their spare time with photoshop hoaxes than working out. Go figure... :p

BlackRainbow
20-05-10, 05:37
:vlol: Agreed.

Personally I find those girls a little too thin for my taste. :whi: You should be somewhere in the middle of skinny and fat IMO.

Twilight
22-05-10, 01:06

Hips n ass with small boobs is a pear shape. Like mine. And megan fox. I've heard from girls with big boobs that they always feel fat, sag, get awkward attention, and physical activity is difficult. So its not everything. Plus a lot of guys like girls with an ass, come on not every girl can fill out apple bottom jeans ;)

Although, I do feel heavy on my lower half since its a lot of fat and muscle. So I'm working out my arms more and flexibilty to balance it out.

Quasimodo
22-05-10, 01:11
Dude, this is fake (http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/skinny.html). Some heavy weight people out there prefer to spend their spare time with photoshop hoaxes than working out. Go figure... :p

:rolleyes:

irjudd
22-05-10, 02:22

:cool:

Glašon
22-05-10, 06:41

:cool:

:vlol:

larson n natla
22-05-10, 08:45
I don't think the girls in the advert even look nice, they have a lollipop figure (skinny body and then a big round head which is just like ew)

My ideal would be slim with a little muscle, I am that now but unfortunately I am still terribly self concious because of my skin :(

I see people boast about their bodies and I am like erm yeah hello not everyone can hit the gym every night with h/w and c/w to do :p

Glašon
22-05-10, 08:55

You and me both. I eat so bloody much! Although I suppose I should be grateful that I've remained trim and haven't been putting on fat. It's not like I workout or anything, so I should stop complaining about not having guns :ton:

irjudd
22-05-10, 13:59
My best buddy put it the best. Upside-down stemware. Yeah. :cool:

Simochka
22-05-10, 14:19

Lol I know girls... and guys who are skinny like that. Even I looked almost like that 1 year ago.
So I don't care if it's fake because people can be that thin

Glašon
22-05-10, 14:25
Personally, I don't get what all the skinny hate is about. Model's represent an almost idolistic view. They should seem unattainable.