PDA

View Full Version : Lots of TV shows Cancelled!

ggctuk
19-05-10, 18:35
There's been a thread on individual cancellations but not on the whole picture.

http://tvdramas.about.com/od/tvshowsaz/a/cancel0506.htm

Shame about Numb3rs, and my mother's gutted about Ghost Whisperer.

Discuss.

Nemo_91
19-05-10, 18:38
Ghost Whisperer has been cancelled?! ****!!

Legends
19-05-10, 18:51
No! Melrose Place!

Aranara
19-05-10, 18:56
God damn Fox, they cancelled 24 :hea:

Cochrane
19-05-10, 19:11
**** happens. Iím still annoyed about the cancellation of Terminator TSCC, Firefly and Enterprise (also Heroes somewhat, but I never really got into Dollhouse... I hope it doesnít get extremely good in season 2 suddenly, which I havenít watched yet. Otherwise I will be annoyed about that cancellation as well), but I guess that is just the way of the world.

I, Tomb Raider
19-05-10, 19:15
Is Lost canceled?! :mad:
It was before its ending.

irjudd
19-05-10, 19:18
How can they say Lost is canceled? The series finale is in 4 days, and has been the planned end since last year. To me "canceled" means it was suddenly decided to make this season the last. But they planned for Season 6 to be the end for quite a while now.

Minty Mouth
19-05-10, 19:19
How can they say Lost is canceled? The series finale is in 4 days, and has been the planned end since last year. To me "canceled" means it was suddenly decided to make this season the last. But they planned for Season 6 to be the end for quite a while now.

They kind of accounted for that:

Canceled! A Scorecard of Canceled/Ending TV Series

Grenade
19-05-10, 19:19
a lot of them i really like :(

BoyTRaider
19-05-10, 19:22
I still can't believe Heroes is going to be cancelled. :/ I still have my hopes they'll bring it back.

knightgames
19-05-10, 19:29
8 years of 24 is enough. Even though I enjoy the show, there's only so many times Bauer can save the world. I think all involved agreed and decided to move on. There will be a 2 hour 24 movie.

I didn't expect Medium to survive. Glad it did, though without Ghost Whisperer I don't see a good demographic bump. I think CBS was hoping GW would help Medium's viewership. After all, Medium was on the bubble when NBC cancelled it.

tranniversary119
19-05-10, 19:37
I've been hearing of shows getting canceled left and right. It sucks for those who watched them /:

WCookie
19-05-10, 19:37
Ghost Whisperer got cancelled?! :eek:

Ward Dragon
19-05-10, 19:49
Ah, so that explains where Cold Case went. And I'm still gutted over Law & Order getting canceled :( That show has been on for 20 years and I still can't wrap my mind around there being only one more episode left. :(

ShadyCroft
19-05-10, 19:52
The Amazing Race got renewed ! :yah:

ggctuk
19-05-10, 20:02
**** happens. Iím still annoyed about the cancellation of Terminator TSCC, Firefly and Enterprise

Hey, didn't Firefly get it's conclusion in a movie? Maybe they will do the same with TSCC.

In fact, they could learn from ITV, who cancelled Primeval, but revived it when they made an agreement to share the costs and broadcasting of it with BBC and Watch.

Orionvalentine
19-05-10, 20:07
**** happens. Iím still annoyed about the cancellation of Terminator TSCC and Enterprise

What the effing crap? :mad:

Lee croft
19-05-10, 20:13
Ghost Whisperer got cancelled?! :eek:

Im not surpised, i mean it is interesting.... but its always the same **** different ghost

Cochrane
19-05-10, 20:13
Hey, didn't Firefly get it's conclusion in a movie? Maybe they will do the same with TSCC.

In fact, they could learn from ITV, who cancelled Primeval, but revived it when they made an agreement to share the costs and broadcasting of it with BBC and Watch.
Yeah, Serenity, the Firefly movie, was very nice, but by its nature Firefly is really something better suited for TV, and I would have loved to see more of that.

Personally, I donít believe in a Firefly revival. Yeah, it has a very vocal fan base, but that fan base is also one that, thanks to Tivo and Pirate Bay, is rather unwilling to pay for it. Serenity was after all the first HD DVD to be cracked, and the fact that people would rather Tivo Dollhouse than watch it directly is what sunk that show. Unless someone has a really great idea about how to make money of it, I doubt anyone will bother to even try.

What the effing crap? :mad:

And a nice what the effing crap to you too, sir! Seriously, without more information than that I cannot give you a good reply.

Alpharaider47
19-05-10, 20:25

There's no way they'd get away with *not* renewing that!

ggctuk
19-05-10, 20:29
And a nice what the effing crap to you too, sir! Seriously, without more information than that I cannot give you a good reply.

Well, if I had to guess, he's kinda irked one of those shows got cancelled but it's old news now for those three shows. TSCC's been cancelled for about a year now, and Firefly for a few. Although there are rumours of a TSCC revival going straight-to-DVD.

IceColdLaraCroft
19-05-10, 20:35
No! Melrose Place!

:gki: :hug:

I'll comfort you :mis:

Sir Croft
19-05-10, 20:46
I'm glad to see that The Big Bang Theory is not there. But WTF?!?! Cold Case! No! :(

Cochrane
19-05-10, 20:52
Well, if I had to guess, he's kinda irked one of those shows got cancelled but it's old news now for those three shows. TSCC's been cancelled for about a year now, and Firefly for a few. Although there are rumours of a TSCC revival going straight-to-DVD.

I wonder whether the fact that he removed Firefly from the list has any relevance. Personally, I specifically cited them as old shows that were cancelled, to show that this is a phenomenon that has been going on for far longer than just right now, maybe I should have made that more clear.

Kelly Craftman
19-05-10, 20:54
Ghost Whisper... Cancelled!!!? NOOOOOOOOOO! *cries*

Chocola teapot
19-05-10, 20:54
What a shame...

gtkilla
19-05-10, 21:12
Dang...that's a lot of shows. Only one of them I actually watch(ed), but still sucks for those who watch the rest.

Thank goodness Supernatural, Smallville, and V are safe though. xD

CiaKonwerski
19-05-10, 21:19
Once again I am sad to hear that Heroes has been canceled. I am glad to see however that Cold Case has not yet been canceled. I pray that it will not be. :/

Mona Sax
19-05-10, 21:27
**** happens. I’m still annoyed about the cancellation of Terminator TSCC, Firefly and Enterprise (also Heroes somewhat, but I never really got into Dollhouse... I hope it doesn’t get extremely good in season 2 suddenly, which I haven’t watched yet. Otherwise I will be annoyed about that cancellation as well), but I guess that is just the way of the world.
God yes, on both counts. I'm rather glad to see Dollhouse go, though. I always suspected that to be more of a Jed Whedon / Maurissa Tancharoen vehicle anyway (Jed being Joss Whedon's brother, Maurissa being Jed's wife), with Joss lending his name and fanbase as a favor. Everything that made his previous shows great seems to be absent... On the other hand, Jed and Maurissa were both heavily involved with Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, which was fantastic. I don't know. I hope Joss has better luck with his next project.

Orionvalentine
19-05-10, 21:42

LMAO, I'm sorry. I really liked that show and was waiting for the next season to air over here in the UK. That's such a shame, it was really getting good too :(

Cochrane
19-05-10, 21:54
God yes, on both counts. I'm rather glad to see Dollhouse go, though. I always suspected that to be more of a Jed Whedon / Maurissa Tancharoen vehicle anyway (Jed being Joss Whedon's brother, Maurissa being Jed's wife), with Joss lending his name and fanbase as a favor. Everything that made his previous shows great seems to be absent... On the other hand, Jed and Maurissa were both heavily involved with Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, which was fantastic. I don't know. I hope Joss has better luck with his next project.
Hm… one could consider Epitaph One a Jed/Maurissa vehicle (and Felicia Day as well, while we’re at it). I am not sure this applies to the entire show. But I do agree that the things that made the previous shows great were really lacking. They certainly tried to include them early on, with a somewhat music-oriented episode, an "everybody goes insane and hilarity ensues" plot, but the overall chemistry of the show just wasn’t good enough. I think the basic problem is that the characters of were just lacking, with some of them having no personality at all by definition, and the others being either unlikeable or evil. I’ll still buy the season two DVD set when it comes out in the EU, but it isn’t the greatest piece of TV I’ve seen lately.

LMAO, I'm sorry. I really liked that show and was waiting for the next season to air over here in the UK. That's such a shame, it was really getting good too :(
Ah, OK. Yeah, it was awesome while it lasted, certainly better than the fourth movie (assuming you are talking about TSCC here).

Orionvalentine
19-05-10, 22:00
Ah, OK. Yeah, it was awesome while it lasted, certainly better than the fourth movie (assuming you are talking about TSCC here).

My god, I'm totally not with it today, yes, I meant Terminator.
I need a coffee... :o

tombfan91
19-05-10, 22:02
abc might pick up ghost whisperer, (which i hope they do), might make sense because cbs and abc both share ghost whisperer

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/05/19/latest-upfront-headlines-cbs/

lara_bond
19-05-10, 22:04
They didnt cancel lost, they chose to end.

robm_2007
19-05-10, 22:12
im hoping that ABC will pick up GW and The New Adventures of Old Christine, as it was rumored to have been said by ABC if NBC decides to cancel them.

aquaflute
20-05-10, 04:44
I'm very happy this year because the shows I am watching (castle and V) both got a new season:jmp:

innocentvenus
20-05-10, 04:48
I'm still a little upset Law and Order is being canceled...but it needs it. I also guess FX has enough shows that it doesn't need the shock factor of Nip/Tuck anymore. :p

Legend 4ever
20-05-10, 04:49
I love JLH, but please, Ghost Whisperer was so boring. All the episodes were the same and I could only last through the whole episode with two cups of Caramel Cone flavored Haagen-Dazs and if I recorded it so I could skip the ads and boring parts. I was surprised to find out this was only season 5, it felt like she's been on air with this show since I Know What You Did Last Summer came out lol

I can't believe Nip/Tuck is cancelled. I used to love that show.

tonyme
20-05-10, 07:16
Wow, this is extreme!:eek:

lcaddict
20-05-10, 07:30
C'mon, I was watching Ugly Betty!
:vlol:

ggctuk
20-05-10, 09:36
My god, I'm totally not with it today, yes, I meant Terminator.
I need a coffee... :o

Series 2's already out on DVD though :confused:

Reckless Lara
20-05-10, 09:46
Is Lost canceled?! :mad:
It was before its ending.

Um... what? I mean... are we sure about this?

calico25
20-05-10, 10:05
Even though I have never seen the show, I am surprised heros burned out this quickly. I can't count the number of heros fans who gave me crap for not watching it. 24 ending is not a surprise....there are only soo many "bad" days a person can have. It was a great run for a show that was originally a mini series.

lunavixen
20-05-10, 10:11
the only one i'm even kinda unhappy about losing is Cold Case, i don't watch any of the others

Admles
20-05-10, 11:21
Oooooooh good, I don't watch any of those!

igonge
20-05-10, 11:57
It's about time Ghost Whisperer got cancelled, It hasn't been good since season 3.

Ugly Betty?! What?! Well I've lost track of it but that's quite surprising.

Tombraiderx08
20-05-10, 12:00
Im sad, they cancelled ugly betty and romantically challenged :'(

igonge
20-05-10, 12:01
I'm still grieving over Sarah Connor and Firefly never mind some of these shows.

tonyme
20-05-10, 12:02
Oooooooh good, I don't watch any of those!

Same here, thank God, but still it's kinda dramatic!

tidusffxwakka
20-05-10, 12:17
no more smallville after next year, cold case & heroes are dead, what will i watch on tv!!!

Cochrane
20-05-10, 12:21
no more smallville after next year, cold case & heroes are dead, what will i watch on tv!!!

I heard a rumor that new shows are being invented. Every year. And there are many shows that are not being cancelled that you just didnít look at yet. I think youíll find something.

If not, well, there are always DVD sets of old shows. That is what I watch mostly, since I donít actually have a TV. :D

ShadyCroft
20-05-10, 12:40

There's no way they'd get away with *not* renewing that!

You got that right :ohn:

Some series get canceled, and others start. Heroes got canceled, but there are 2 new super heroes series on their way ;)
they sound good and promising.

No ordinary family (http://tvdramas.about.com/b/2010/03/02/abcs-no-ordinary-family-taking-shape.htm) on ABC

and

The cape (http://www.nbc.com/the-cape/) on NBC

xcrushterx
20-05-10, 13:06
It's about time Ghost Whisperer got cancelled, It hasn't been good since season 3.

Ugly Betty?! What?! Well I've lost track of it but that's quite surprising.

Im sad, they cancelled ugly betty and romantically challenged :'(

They cancelled Ugly Betty months ago :p

I don't actually watch any of the shows that have been cancelled this year, with the exception of maybe Law & Order, every now and then. My sisters are devastated about Ghost Whisperer, but I told them that there's a chance ABC might pick it up, which made them happy.

Although I actually was really surprised that L&O was cancelled. 20 years, and they decide to pull it after the most recent series finale has been produced, not even giving them the chance to write a proper conclusion. What a slap in the face. :(

Antonio
20-05-10, 13:58
I don't watch television to much, but I really loved 24 it's too bad Fox cancel it:(, I started watching Heroes second season, but it's not good as first one.
Thank you from the heavens that Nip/Tuck is canceled, that show is soo pervert that the whole world just sickened me.:p

tranniversary119
20-05-10, 15:46
Not sure if anybody brought up that Rhona Mitra's starring in a new show called The Gates, I think it's gonna be on ABC? Not sure.

Liara
20-05-10, 15:53
Dexter - Renewed for 2 seasons
This has absolutely made my day. Not one, but two seasons, whoo! Autumn cannot come fast enough.

Thanks for the link btw, ggctuk!

ggctuk
21-05-10, 10:41
I didn't notice the news about Dexter. I look forward to that. It's been a great series so far.

RAID
21-05-10, 11:02
Ghost Whisperer has been cancelled?! ****!!
My mom is not gonna like that. I just hope that Desperate Housewives and Supernatural do not suffer the same fate.

Is LOST canceled or has it ended? I think it went downhill after season 2.

Nemo_91
21-05-10, 11:29
My mom is not gonna like that. I just hope that Desperate Housewives and Supernatural do not suffer the same fate.

It has been confirmed that Supernatural will be back for a sixth season.

voltz
21-05-10, 11:31
I'm glad to see LOST actually got to play itself out on it's own terms, I just wished I hadn't missed all of it.

Joely-Moley
21-05-10, 13:21
Is LOST canceled or has it ended? I think it went downhill after season 2.

It finishes on Sunday.

RAID
21-05-10, 13:41
It has been confirmed that Supernatural will be back for a sixth season.
Yes. Thank God for that and for Desperate Housewives 7.

I was just saying after these 2 seasons. I wouldn't want my favorite shows to be canceled without getting a proper ending. :o