PDA

View Full Version : The Art of Tomb Raider look-through

jamie cowdell
23-05-10, 00:08
Take a look at the The Art of Tomb Raider look-through (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0_q7xgxuCg&feature=related) with the co-host of the show Catherine.

Love2Raid
23-05-10, 00:10
You're my hero! Thanks! :hug:

TippingWater
23-05-10, 00:10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0_q7xgxuCg&feature=related

:tmb:

robm_2007
23-05-10, 00:34
Theres a pic of Lara........

crying!

DgoOdz94
23-05-10, 00:37
I want it!!! NOW!!!! :(

Love2Raid
23-05-10, 00:57
Well, that was really the closest I could get to seeing this book, at the moment. Really great. :tmb:

Kinda funny how often she said "never seen it before", and I was thinking "go to tombraiderchronicles.com, my friend". :vlol:
Only the kayak render one was new to me and I also don't remember I have seen all those sketches. I bet there are lots of previously unreleased concept sketches in there.

I am a bit disappointed that they put so much stuff of the last three games in the heavier book, and the other six (!) in the smaller one. I understand that there might be more artwork and renders and stuff for the Crystal games, but they did squish a few of the best classic renders (like the AOD crawl one) on one page, making them so much smaller (or maybe they are not available in bigger resolution?)! :(

Still looks like a great book though. I would get it if it were cheaper, but for now, this was good enough.

Thanks again. :hug:

P.S

"Legend was my favourite game." :tea:
:mis:

]{eith
23-05-10, 01:07
Are these still available?

Catracoth
23-05-10, 01:37
It's such a pity I couldn't afford one - this would have been quite the collectible.

Gregori
23-05-10, 01:44
How much does it cost?

VictorXD
23-05-10, 02:07
OMG thank you so very much for posting!:D

Quasimodo
23-05-10, 02:11
How much does it cost?

As much as some college textbooks :p

I get that they're releasing them in limited quantities so they can hike up the price and people will buy them in the hopes that it might even gain value over the years...but still :pi:

Gregori
23-05-10, 02:12
Oh Good Lord!!! I was thinking it would cost like 50 Euros...

I checked on amazon, and there seems to be no copies there :(

Johnnay
23-05-10, 02:48
OMG

THANKS FOR POSTINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

IM KINDA IN TEARS BECAUSE IM SEEING THIS.

im shokced that they are some concept art i have never seen before in the Classics

like this

De0bitbnFVE

go to 0.49. one pic of Lara is not wearing her ponytail.

LegendLost
23-05-10, 03:15
The book really is worth it. As someone posted earlier, it cost just as much as most college textbooks, which is exactly why I bought it. Originally i didn't want to spend the money, but then i thought it over and figured if i can buy 3 textbooks for the same price each semester, i might as well buy a book i want for the price.

MyRaider4Life
23-05-10, 03:19
Does anybody know how much the book collection costs in AUD(Australian Dollars)? :)

Ward Dragon
23-05-10, 07:52
Cool videos, thanks for posting :) It was nice to see what the books contain.

Only the kayak render one was new to me and I also don't remember I have seen all those sketches.

I thought the Kayak render was one of the loading screens in TR3. Several of the sketches definitely looked new to me, though :)

Tomb-Dude
23-05-10, 09:38
I want it :(

Thanks for sharing!

lunavixen
23-05-10, 09:52
Does anybody know how much the book collection costs in AUD(Australian Dollars)? :)

a lot? i looked at getting it but it cost more than all of this semesters textbooks for uni

I, Tomb Raider
23-05-10, 10:50
Thank you very much. :hug:
That book is awesome. So want to have it. :rolleyes: :cln:

Love2Raid
23-05-10, 13:12
Cool videos, thanks for posting :) It was nice to see what the books contain.

I thought the Kayak render was one of the loading screens in TR3. Several of the sketches definitely looked new to me, though :)
Really? Thanks!

I guess she never finished TRIII either...:whi:

Anyway, about the Core vs Crystal issue, this was posted in the comments of another video:

The reason the Core Design book is smaller is in fact there just wasn't a lot of design work done prior to making the game. The first chapter addresses that issue. That and the sticky break up between Core and Eidos left bad relations to add to the poor archiving of early Lara stuff. We really have the fans to thanks for having a lot of early stuff. That plus Toby had stuff hidden in his garage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH7-EpB2hd8

pneboy
23-05-10, 13:23
should of put a warning before people clicked the video
its just you blabbing on about buying it and ****, i thought you was gonna show all of it

Vinkula
23-05-10, 14:43
I wanna that book! O_O Or all those photos! OMG I am jealous!

Johnnay
24-05-10, 12:43
I want those boooooooks:(

blue_box
09-06-10, 11:43
Another look-through:

h22UJFlc8JE

Dennis's Mom
09-06-10, 14:36
That was . . . horrible. I don't have much patience with vids where people ramble. I know that's unreasonable, seeing as how she did take the time to show us her book, but, these things are painful for me to watch.

But it was interesting to see how large the collection is. It sounds like it might be worth the money for a serious collector.

just*raidin*tomb
09-06-10, 15:46
Wish I had this. :( I don't think its worth 125 bucks though.

tranniversary119
09-06-10, 15:52
I want it... if it's still available I'm getting it :)

blue_box
10-06-10, 16:00
In fact the book is still avaliable from publisher (http://dreamsandvisionspress.com/theartoftombraider.aspx), i've just checked.

I'll recieve mine in a few days, can't wait to see it :jmp:

]{eith
11-06-10, 11:51
Mine just arrived this morning.

http://i40.************/5xivf6.jpg

blue_box
11-06-10, 13:22
Mine too :D

Catmoo
20-06-10, 21:43
Hi everyone would like to say a huge thanks for all the nice comments, and also apologise for everyone who found the videos boring. (also apologies for the thread bump)

Originally it was going to be a short just quick run through, which then ended up being 40 minutes worth of me blabbing about the books and showing some of the images.

For the persons comment on how I obviously hadn't finished TRIII, I haven't, I've got all the Tomb Raider games but haven't generally had the time to finish everything as I am what you'd call a collector of games and haven't managed to play a few hundred of my games yet :) (I really need a few years off from doing anything and just spend it playing games tbh)

And I check out Tomb Raider Chronicles every now and again but I am a fan of most games so I don't spend large amounts of time on specific websites, that and I don't have as much time I'd like to look at websites. Which is why a fair amount of the pictures were new to me in the books.

I'm probably a Tomb Raider noob in terms of all of you on the forums, but I enjoy the games and cosplaying as Lara and would not be able to go on without this book :) I ordered it the second it went up, not even caring so much about the price :)

I hope you enjoy the videos and I wasn't too boring/annoying to listen to or you saw too much of me looking down at the book.

Catherine :)