PDA

View Full Version : Born HIV Free by 2015

IceColdLaraCroft
25-05-10, 14:54
Born HIV Free is a campaign endorsed by Carla Bruni-Sarkozy, the French First Lady, and it's aim is to end children being born with HIV by 2015.

All you need to do is sign the petition in the link below. All it takes is your name.

http://www.bornhivfree.org

here is the facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/BornHIVFree

Here is the video with Carla Bruni-Sarkozy. She joined the cause in 2008 when her brother died of AIDS/SIDA.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aDPDXb3lYd4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aDPDXb3lYd4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>.

I apologize for the subtitles, but most of the other videos had ignorant comments.

Do you know anyone with HIV? Is it taught in your schools? Is it discussed in your country?

I think most people forget that it is still growing because it isn't talked about very much in the news and people assume it has gone away.

Here is an article from today of a man in Australia that deliberately infected women with HIV.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-national/acrobat-knowingly-spread-hiv-police-20100525-wa6e.html

almayah
25-05-10, 14:56
I like this campaign

I love Carla Bruni :jmp:

Chocola teapot
25-05-10, 15:00
Joined. :)

laralover_07
25-05-10, 15:54
Joined. :)

I see you Lolly Calypso. I signed too.

interstellardave
25-05-10, 17:10
How can it take just a signature? It takes money to get things like this done 'cause there has to be a plan implemented to stop it... we can't just vote it away.

IceColdLaraCroft
25-05-10, 17:30
How can it take just a signature? It takes money to get things like this done 'cause there has to be a plan implemented to stop it... we can't just vote it away.

The petition demonstrates that you support your country donating money to the Global Fund for research and development to make treatments more effective and accessible. Treatments exist now that prevent transmission from mother to child. The Global Fund ensures that more women/mothers have access to these treatments. Your signature shows your support.

larson n natla
25-05-10, 17:34
The petition demonstrates that you support your country donating money to the Global Fund for research and development to make treatments more effective and accessible. Treatments exist now that prevent transmission from mother to child. The Global Fund ensures that more women/mothers have access to these treatments. Your signature shows your support.

Regardless few countries would agree to this as it isn't an immediate problem for them. Which is the unfortunate truth.

IceColdLaraCroft
25-05-10, 17:49
Regardless few countries would agree to this as it isn't an immediate problem for them. Which is the unfortunate truth.

So you're basically saying why bother without even trying? They've gotten 11,000 signatures in 6 days. The aim is to have more than a million by the middle of July.

Is it really hurting anything by at least trying to do something? It's just your name.

ajrich17901
25-05-10, 17:51
I signed it.:)

Seb_01225
25-05-10, 18:04
Done :)

MiCkiZ88
25-05-10, 18:05
Signed both me and my bf.

TRfan23
25-05-10, 18:29
Signed :)

*richietrent*
25-05-10, 18:52
Done! :D

Rai
25-05-10, 18:57
Signed, if all it does is spread awareness.

robm_2007
25-05-10, 20:17
I signed:)

Kelly Craftman
25-05-10, 20:20
Signed and joining facebook group :)

Catracoth
25-05-10, 21:05
A petition to end HIV-born children by 2015? First of all, how is a signature (or a petition) for that matter going to help stop HIV-born babies? Are they going to make it illegal for HIV victims to conceive or something?

I don't understand this at all.

IceColdLaraCroft
25-05-10, 21:10
A petition to end HIV-born children by 2015? First of all, how is a signature (or a petition) for that matter going to help stop HIV-born babies? Are they going to make it illegal for HIV victims to conceive or something?

Then you didn't read the first page.

They already have treatments that prevent the transmission of HIV from the mother to their unborn children. By signing the petition you are voicing your support for your country to provide these treatments to all women with HIV, so that no child is born with the disease.

Love2Raid
25-05-10, 21:18
Signed!

What harm could it do to spread more awareness? I totally support it.
Some parties in Holland want to decrease the financial support to developing countries (this includes the fight against AIDS/HIV or course). Well, you're not getting my vote in June you sons of *****es! :mad:

Thorir
25-05-10, 21:20
Signed. :)

Chocola teapot
25-05-10, 21:21

There is a drug that prevents transmission of HIV to children.

Catracoth
25-05-10, 21:27
Then you didn't read the first page.

Actually I did, and if you read your own post, you'd see that there is no information regarding what the petition will do, only a link and a video to which I am not interested - I would've appreciate a brief summary of what exactly we're signing for - I don't want to have to read a page long article or watch a video to understand.

They already have treatments that prevent the transmission of HIV from the mother to their unborn children. By signing the petition you are voicing your support for your country to provide these treatments to all women with HIV, so that no child is born with the disease.

Thank you for this information, which should have been included on the first page.

There is a drug that prevents transmission of HIV to children.

Ah, I see. Thank you :).

IceColdLaraCroft
26-05-10, 01:08
Actually I did, and if you read your own post, you'd see that there is no information regarding what the petition will do, only a link and a video to which I am not interested - I would've appreciate a brief summary of what exactly we're signing for - I don't want to have to read a page long article or watch a video to understand.

Thank you for this information, which should have been included on the first page.

Ah, I see. Thank you :).

Someone else asked a similar question as you and I answered it in their post. that's why i said "first PAGE" and not first POST.

and there isn't a page long article. There is a very simple two sentence explanation on their webpage.

VictorXD
26-05-10, 01:26
Done.

Johnnay
26-05-10, 10:07
signed:)

SkyPuppy
26-05-10, 11:16
i signed

sandygrimm
26-05-10, 11:59
Oki in short, how they gonna ...eliminate, the problem?
with a drug? than why they need a petition? Isn't thins..something that should just be done and not waited on others to sign?