PDA

View Full Version : Best place to buy (Tomb Raider) comics?

sephiroth99
25-05-10, 18:33
I wanna reand the Tomb Raider comics, so I need to buy them, preferably online. The best would be to buy the Compendium, but it's ultra rare and is not going to be reprinted soon...

So, I would buy the comics individually. Problem is, I don't know where to buy comics online. I found some on eBay, but I guess it's not the best place to do so.

Or would I be better off going to a local comic store? I guess they would not have the Tomb Raider comics, it's not really popular I would guess.

suli
25-05-10, 18:35
*cough*download*cough*them*cough*illegaly*cough*fr om*cough*iso*cough*hunt*cough*

Mikky
25-05-10, 18:35
^^^:eek: You can download them?!

I actually found the Compendium online. I think it was on Amazon. Might of been Ebay. :p

It was 300 pound though. :( But when I get my own job, I'll get it! :mis:

IceColdLaraCroft
25-05-10, 18:38
You can find Trade Paper backs easily of the comics. TPB collect 6-12 issues and it's cheaper than getting them individually.

Check to see where your local comic store is.

suli
25-05-10, 18:41
^^^:eek: You can download them?!

well I found one, but didnt download it since I hate reading in the adope reader!

Mikky
25-05-10, 19:02
well I found one, but didnt download it since I hate reading in the adope reader!

Is it really that bad?

sephiroth99
25-05-10, 19:32
*cough*download*cough*them*cough*illegaly*cough*fr om*cough*iso*cough*hunt*cough*

You should get that cough checked out, it's bad for you :p

You can find Trade Paper backs easily of the comics. TPB collect 6-12 issues and it's cheaper than getting them individually.

Check to see where your local comic store is.

Thanks for the tip. I checked for trade paperbacks, but there are some only for comics 1-17 and 19-20... :( I guess it's better than nothing

But there isn't a big popular website where you can buy comics online? I guess I'll have to google a little bit :o

hitnrun017
25-05-10, 19:35
Without having to spend so much on the Compendium or DLing them, I think the Tankobon volumes would be your best bet. $9.99 for 250 pages. Most comic shops and online outlets have them. Only downside is them being in black and white.

I bought the first volume awhile ago and it was... so..... bad. Was extremely excited to finally read the Tomb Raider comics too. What a let down.

AmericanAssassin
25-05-10, 20:06
I have all five Tankobon volumes, personally. It ends up costing about $9.99 each. Very good price for all those comics. ;)

Love2Raid
25-05-10, 20:12
*cough*linky?*cough*

aktrekker
25-05-10, 21:45
Don't answer that :smk:

I, Tomb Raider
25-05-10, 21:52

Yeah, it's possible. :whi:

peeves
25-05-10, 21:53
My guess would be ebay if you wanna buy the TR comics. You could always try amazon.

IceColdLaraCroft
25-05-10, 22:12
You should get that cough checked out, it's bad for you :p

Thanks for the tip. I checked for trade paperbacks, but there are some only for comics 1-17 and 19-20... :( I guess it's better than nothing

But there isn't a big popular website where you can buy comics online? I guess I'll have to google a little bit :o

milehighcomics.com

touchthesky
25-05-10, 22:15
Ebay.

Theres loads of local comic book place that do them as well.

suli
25-05-10, 22:33
I couldnt find any in torrent!

Agent 47
25-05-10, 22:50
to the thread starter..

I'd recommend checking out Forbidden Planet Back Issues website before trying ebay.

Very reputable company. I have used them many times in the past and find their prices of issues to be fair and just. I'd only use ebay using a respected seller (which i do) to obtain the issues other sites don't have.

:D

sephiroth99
26-05-10, 01:16
milehighcomics.com

to the thread starter..

I'd recommend checking out Forbidden Planet Back Issues website before trying ebay.

Very reputable company. I have used them many times in the past and find their prices of issues to be fair and just. I'd only use ebay using a respected seller (which i do) to obtain the issues other sites don't have.

:D

thanks, I'll check those out :)

tranniversary119
26-05-10, 01:24
I bought two Tankobon volumes from amazon a while back. The first volume was really good, but I didn't care for the second. There an easy read and if you're a Tomb Raider fan you should definitely get it.