PDA

View Full Version : 2 year old smokes 40 a day

touchthesky
26-05-10, 18:58
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2987307/First-shocking-pictures-of-smoking-toddler-Ardi-Rizal.html

The actual?!?!?

peeves
26-05-10, 19:01
This is just nuts. Society is messed up. I can't believe the 2 year old throws fits if he doesn't get his amount per day. What a waste of money. :rolleyes: These people need to discipline him. :smk:

WCookie
26-05-10, 19:01
What the ****?!
A slap in his face would cure everything :rolleyes:

TRfan23
26-05-10, 19:03
But fishmonger Mohammed, 30, said: "He looks pretty healthy to me. I don't see the problem."

Sigh!

Edit - To avoid confusion. I'm sighing at how ridiculous and stupid the guy is! ;)

Dennis's Mom
26-05-10, 19:03
This is so sad.

And let him scream. Time to show him who's the parent.

WCookie
26-05-10, 19:05
Sigh!

Even though not everyone has access to education or that kind of stuff, I think that it's obvious smoking is not healthy.
Just wait a few more years :rolleyes:

TRfan23
26-05-10, 19:06
Even though not everyone has access to education or that kind of stuff, I think that it's obvious smoking is not healthy.
Just wait a few more years :rolleyes:

Yeh I know it's not healthy. But your post confuses me :confused:

igonge
26-05-10, 19:07
:vlol: That's quite funny actually. Stupid parents.

lara c. fan
26-05-10, 19:07
What the ****?!

Yes, sure it would.

TRhalloween
26-05-10, 19:08
It's going to kill him.

Rai
This is not just irresponsible parenting, it downright child abuse. How could they even have let him try one at 18 months, let alone let him carry on until he is now addicted. It's disgusting. Now the parents can't stop him? Yes they can. He's two not 18 for crying out loud. Take them off him and don't give in - and get medical advice immediately.

This may be the Sun Newspaper reporting this, but surely not even they can't make this up?

voltz
This may be the Sun Newspaper reporting this, but surely not even they can't make this up?

Now the Sun is pretty much like The Onion correct? I was just trying to remember where all those Bat-Boy stories came from. :D

Alpharaider47
Wow. That's sad. I wager that kid's got a short future ahead of himself.

AmericanAssassin
Let him scream. Time to show him who's the parent.

This.

lcaddict
26-05-10, 19:09
This is so wrong..and I thought my classmates were retarded because they are smoking..

peeves
26-05-10, 19:10
This.

If i was the parent i would've punished the kid if he misbehaved when he didn't get his cigarettes.

Alpharaider47
26-05-10, 19:11
^^ Actually, I say let him go. When the kid dies the parents can't blame anybody but themselves.

suli
26-05-10, 19:11
that is deeply and utterly ****ed up! if I were his parent I would let him scream and yall till the next decade. the only ciggerrate he'll has is my foot down his throat.

Rai
26-05-10, 19:13
If i was the parent i would've punished the kid if he misbehaved when he didn't get his cigarettes.

He's two. Two year olds do tend to have tantrums if they can't get what they want. He just knows he likes them - the parents are at fault here for giving them to him in the first place. It's not like he's crying because he can't have sweets. Yes, the parents should have just let him scream.

TRhalloween
26-05-10, 19:13
Now the Sun is pretty much like The Onion correct? I was just trying to remember where all those Bat-Boy stories came from. :D

The Onion has comedic purposes while The Sun deliberately tries to sell sleazy stories and disgusting lies as truth. Bat Boy is from Weekly World News :D

peeves
26-05-10, 19:14
He's two. Two year old do tend to hae tantrums if they can't get what they want. He just knows he likes them - the parents are at fault here for giving them to him in the firsrt place. It's not like he's crying becasue he can't have sweets. Yes, the parents should have just let him scream.

I meant i woulda yelled at him for screaming and put him to bed.

Sgt BOMBULOUS
26-05-10, 19:18
His parents need to be hanged (if this is even real)

Sir Croft
26-05-10, 19:19
What the ****?

voltz
26-05-10, 19:20
The Onion has comedic purposes while The Sun deliberately tries to sell sleazy stories and disgusting lies as truth. Bat Boy is from Weekly World News :D

oooh ic. Well The Sun is actually just funny fiction not to be taken seriously. In fact I should have got that issue with Bill Clinton and the Wookie-Hooker on the cover. :p

TRhalloween
26-05-10, 19:22
oooh ic. Well The Sun is actually just funny fiction not to be taken seriously. In fact I should have got that issue with Bill Clinton and the Wookie-Hooker on the cover. :p

I think there are different kind of Sun newspapers. I mean the British tabloid one :)

Lemmie
26-05-10, 19:23
That's crazy.

Tony9595
26-05-10, 19:24
:vlol: That's quite funny actually. Stupid parents.

I know, there's not much to do other than laughing at other people. Specially when things like this happen :p

CerebralAssassin
26-05-10, 19:26
that's ****ed up.really ****ed up.

Lara Croft!
26-05-10, 19:26
175tzyQ7fYQ

And I thought that me starting smoking when I was 16 was too early...

Simochka
26-05-10, 19:31
What the ****?!

I wish :rolleyes:

Pretty stupid comments in this thread. He "needs" the nicotine. He shouldn't be punished for something his parents started. If you haven't ever been addicted to nicotine then shut up because you don't know the feeling.

They need to get him to quit. But slapping him or punish him? That wouldn't work at all because you aren't really happy if you don't get the nicotine

tomblover
26-05-10, 19:33
WTF?

Seriously? Ugh.

voltz
26-05-10, 19:34
I think there are different kind of Sun newspapers. I mean the British tabloid one :)

Looks like you were right and unless you got stuff in Europe we don't hear about, then there's prob two branches they publish.

btw I still can't find that "Wookie-hooker" cover. :mad:

Mad Tony
26-05-10, 19:35
The Sun You see, there's your problem. :p

RAID
26-05-10, 19:38
His dad is sick. :rolleyes:

Minty Mouth
26-05-10, 19:39
You see, there's your problem. :p

Haha, upon seeing the page, my thoughts were exactly this :p

interstellardave
26-05-10, 19:40
Pretty stupid comments in this thread. He "needs" the nicotine. He shouldn't be punished for something his parents started. If you haven't ever been addicted to nicotine then shut up because you don't know the feeling.

They need to get him to quit. But slapping him or punish him? That wouldn't work at all because you aren't really happy if you don't get the nicotine

100% correct... if this story is true (and it seems to be) it's completely the parents fault. They got him addicted to smoking, which is ridiculous in the first place! To act as if the child is behaving badly, at this point, is ridiculous. Think how addictive smoking is to adults... then apply it to a child this young, where the effects would be magnified.

TippingWater
26-05-10, 19:42
In a weird way I find this funny and also the kid seems to be too mature for his age .

Chocola teapot
26-05-10, 19:52
:O

:vlol:

How terrible!

Tomb-Dude
26-05-10, 19:53
Idiotic Father
Stupid mother
Spoilt Child

I mean what father gives a 18 month old child a ciggerette what mother would allow the father to do this?? Surely someone like child services (if they have them over there) would get involved if seeing a 2 year old smoking O_o

Love2Raid
26-05-10, 19:57
Well at least it's safe to say that the kid is not to blame here...

Dina_Croft
26-05-10, 20:00
What The... :eek:

"He looks very healthy to me." Say that in a couple of years. :rolleyes:

Nemo_91
26-05-10, 20:01
This is pretty disturbing to be honest.

Love2Raid
26-05-10, 20:09
What The... :eek:

"He looks very healthy to me." Say that in a couple of years. :rolleyes:
Yeah, but what does he know? He is just an illiterate/uneducated fisherman.

ShadyCroft
26-05-10, 20:17
a...a...a 2-year old ?! :eek:

that's wrong ! that's so wrong !

Killercowz
26-05-10, 20:19
Well, if this addiction of his continues, he won't make it to the age of 10,
and he is young too, so the smoking he is doing will probably will
screw up his body.

ShadyCroft
26-05-10, 20:21
well the fisherman is ignorant, so instead of sitting around and taking pictures of the kid and writing articles, educate them for Pete's sake.

demonslayer
26-05-10, 20:24
the world is ****ed up

IceColdLaraCroft
26-05-10, 20:28
lets send kangaroos after his father

http://i48.************/2z5ubnm.jpg

Love2Raid
26-05-10, 20:29
well the fisherman is ignorant, so instead of sitting around and taking pictures of the kid and writing articles, educate them for Pete's sake.
I think they should do both (except for the sitting around of course). :p

BlackRainbow
26-05-10, 20:30
Seriously?

My heart aches just by looking at it.

]{eith
26-05-10, 20:32
The child is in no way to blame. He's two and he has an addiction. It's not a want, it's an addiction. What the hell is wrong with his parents?

Love2Raid
26-05-10, 20:34
They are ignorant, that's what's wrong with them. Not too long ago, people in the 'civilized' world thought cigarette smoking was harmless as well.

Legend of Lara
26-05-10, 20:34
I'm not sure whether to laugh or be terribly disturbed.

Maybe a mixture of both.

Thrall
26-05-10, 20:38
That's just incredibly wrong, what type of parent with a right mind gets a child addicted to something like that? Offering a car is one thing; couldn't they do something to that father instead?

Jeez, that poor child and his cells let alone his lungs.

Lara Fan 4Life
26-05-10, 20:39
Well, if this continues, he won't have a long life! Yes, he made look healthy now, let's just see how he'll look after a few more years! His parents are seriously ****ed up! It just made me go ''Why'', why even give a baby a cigarette in the first place, why continue giving it to him went it's just going to effect and shorten his life, then say it isn't a problem if he smokes 40 times a day, as he currently looks healthy ... Why? :confused:

tonyme
26-05-10, 20:40
Yeah I've seen that before here on a video, it was appalling. A child was smoking and the parents were filming it and laughing, so proud of him... To each his own I guess.

Lara Fan 4Life
26-05-10, 20:42
^ I guess they also like the attention that's coming with it from the media, so they really don't care about their babies health at all. Sick people really! :(

da tomb raider!
26-05-10, 20:45
I doubt and hope this isn't real. Isn't it illegal to supply minors with tobacco? And where are the child abuse people? And why are the parents so unbelievably brainless? If this is real, I think I might lose all hope for the human race.

Antonio
26-05-10, 20:47
You got to be kidding me!:confused:
It looks like the parents trying to make some money from media, like same way was a article about kid lost in balloon. :rolleyes:

Aranara
26-05-10, 20:47
Officials have offered to buy the family a car if he quits.

Nice way of putting it.

I think this is stupid, the parents are the ones to blame here.

aktrekker
26-05-10, 20:58
And I thought that me starting smoking when I was 16 was too early...

It was too early.

Psychos'Я'Us
26-05-10, 21:04
Lmfao! Omg, that is so fierce, I want to adopt him! <3

peeves
26-05-10, 21:06
^ How about no. Anyway the parents should be charged for letting the kid smoke at baby age.

Legend of Lara
26-05-10, 21:08
It was too early.

To go all 'anti-smoking' on you guys, any age is too early. :p

just*raidin*tomb
26-05-10, 21:09
What the ****?!

lara c. fan
26-05-10, 21:10
It was too early.
Any time is too early.

tonyme
26-05-10, 21:10
^ I guess they also like the attention that's coming with it from the media, so they really don't care about their babies health at all. Sick people really! :(

And who knows, they might even be making a profit out of it circulating everywhere...

Psychos'Я'Us
26-05-10, 21:12
^ How about no. Anyway the parents should be charged for letting the kid smoke at baby age.

Who are you to tell me no? If I want to adopt a fat baby who smokes, it's none of your business.

Rai
26-05-10, 21:15
^Presumably you want to adopt him so that he can get his health back and to make sure he smokes no longer? Good for you.

The parents need educating on the health risks and fast.

Love2Raid
26-05-10, 21:19
I must admit it does look kind of cute though. How he is holding that cigarette in his little fat hand. D'awwwww! :hug:

I think 'cold turkey' would be way too cruel for this child. He would suffer too much without understanding why he should quite smoking. Nicotine transdermal would be a good way to slowly make him recover from this addiction. And give him a toy to make him forget about the 'habit'. :p

Keir_Eidos
26-05-10, 21:20
Wow.

Just wow. That's a whole new level of wrong. The parents must lack education. Poor child.

It's so surreal seeing a chubby little kid puffing away. He properly smokes like an old pro too. You can tell he's been smoking for a while by the way he handles the cigarette.

I'm sure if he's helped to quit soon he'll be fine and health risks negated but yeah, wow.

spikejones
26-05-10, 21:21
just saw this on CA's facebook profile. Here's what I have to say:

throw his ass in a padded room and let him bang his head till he passes out. certainly would be a lot safer way to get light headed than to let the kid smoke himself to death at such a young age. WTF is wrong with this parent?

Psychos'Я'Us
26-05-10, 21:22
^Presumably you want to adopt him so that he can get his health back and to make sure he smokes no longer? Good for you.

The parents need educating on the health risks and fast.

Nah, I want to adopt him because he's fierce and cute...and when I run out of smokes I can just take some from him :) I can see myself walking down the street, holding him. I'm going to be like Madonna, only with cigarettes and less muscle.

Rai
26-05-10, 21:28
Nah, I want to adopt him because he's fierce and cute...and when I run out of smokes I can just take some from him :) I can see myself walking down the street, holding him. I'm going to be like Madonna, only with cigarettes and less muscle.

Well, then, um *slowly backs away*

:p

Please think very carefully before having kids, naturally or adopting. Ta. ::o

Psychos'Я'Us
26-05-10, 21:31
Why? You think I'd make a bad mommy?

]{eith
26-05-10, 21:32
Why? You think I'd make a bad mommy?

I can totally picture you as the 'Cool Mom' in Mean Girls! Only with harder tits.

Jo269976
26-05-10, 21:33
{eith;4627171']I can totally picture you as the 'Cool Mom' in Mean Girls! Only with harder tits.

And a tighter ass.

]{eith
26-05-10, 21:34
And a tighter ass.

Hell yeah! You could bounce a dime off that.

Sgt BOMBULOUS
26-05-10, 21:35
I wonder when they'll be starting him on hard alcohol.

Psychos'Я'Us
26-05-10, 21:36
{eith;4627171']I can totally picture you as the 'Cool Mom' in Mean Girls! Only with harder tits.

I know, right? I would make an awesome mommy, spoiling my bb with cigs and stuff <3

And a tighter ass.

{eith;4627175']Hell yeah! You could bounce a dime off that.

Mmmhmmm, ya'll know I like to work out =]

Gladous
26-05-10, 21:43
What?! I'm really speechless to say anything about this. It seriously made my jaw drop.

peeves
26-05-10, 21:47
Who are you to tell me no? If I want to adopt a fat baby who smokes, it's none of your business.

It's for good health you know and the baby's own good.

Gladous
26-05-10, 21:52

I couldn't help but snicker at this, though. :p

But, what kind of parent would give their kid cancer sticks? Well, besides Psychos'R'Us. :ton:

xXhayleyroxXx
26-05-10, 22:27
I'd disown him lol

Capt. Murphy
26-05-10, 22:31
Go Darwin, do your thang. :pi:

:rolleyes:

But seriously. That dad of his.... I'd bet he isn't only a fishmonger but also has a penchant for huffing glue and spray paint.

I only say that because of how stupid he is -apparently. Yet, if he was into that stuff, I'm sure he'd have his son on it too. :mad:

ryan91
26-05-10, 22:50
wutda hell dude!:eek:

Phantasmagoria
26-05-10, 23:19
Is that baby still with his parents? They really need to take him away to someone who can actually help with this addiction. Strange how the parents of this child would have the audacity to broadcast their child smoking on a news channel. It's only a matter of time before Child Services shows up and demands the baby.

Love2Raid
26-05-10, 23:22
He needs to be adopted! Where's Brangelina...:pi:

ajrich17901
26-05-10, 23:24
This is child abuse plain and simple, the kid should be taken off them because obviously they have no idea how to be good parents.

tranniversary119
26-05-10, 23:33
Oh yeah, it's totally healthy for a 2 year old to smoke two packs a day :rolleyes: people these days.

robm_2007
26-05-10, 23:54
WTF is this ****?!

why the **** would some dad give his baby son a cigarrette? is he ****ing retarded?

the infant is really overweight and he smokes more than the average smoker; sorry to say, but i cant see this kid living much longer.

idiots.................

I bet its a publicity stunt; to get attention and pity money :(:yik::mad::hea::cen::confused::smk::eek:

Paddy
27-05-10, 00:26
What?! I'm really speechless to say anything about this. It seriously made my jaw drop.
Im the same when it comes to some of the replies in this thread let alone the 2 yr old smoking. Cant believe some people were laughing at it.

Melonie Tomb Raider
27-05-10, 00:32
That's child abuse. Just... wrong.

Tombraiderx08
27-05-10, 00:35
Next thing you know he'll be throwing wild parties and having babies of his own. Parents need slapped.

Andyroo
27-05-10, 02:53
Parents need slapped.

Or to be shot. This is just disgusting. Just another example of people that have no business being near kids, let alone be parents. And a government that does nothing about it.

MangelinaJolie
27-05-10, 03:03
What shocks me is that the father thinks he's healthy. I think even cavemen knew that inhaling smoke wasn't good, and they're allowing it 40 times a day? Like others, I consider this a form of child abuse and the addiction needs to be broken while he's too young to do anything about it. There's no excuse for ignorance in this case and the parents should be ashamed.

mudkip25
27-05-10, 03:26
Hows it healthy having a 2-year old inhaling a dark and disgusting substance down his throat into his lungs until they dissolve into dust and he ends up wrinkled at a young age without part of his lower jaw and a hole in his neck?

Come on! His parents should be arrested for this kind of thing if they allow him too do this to himself. And at 18 months!!?? WHYYY! What has the world become to make a poor innocent child experience the evils of Nicotine? Stand up, make the child cry, bang his head on the wall, anything! Whats worse, Brain Damage or Death by Smoke? :hea:

MattTR
27-05-10, 03:26
Woah.. that's.. just unreal.

No smoking is the way to go. :tmb: (Obviously..) :whi:

lunavixen
27-05-10, 06:02
for once in my life i am truly and utterly both speechless and disgusted

EscondeR
27-05-10, 06:08
Why am I not surprised? Just another example of idiotic parental behaviour. Not a rare thing nowadays :rolleyes:

sandygrimm
27-05-10, 06:45
You sure he's not really a midget person?

Uzi master
27-05-10, 06:50
Am I the only one who thinks this is fake? Look at the ciggarette, you can clearly see jagged lines and flat light on it, like it was just pasted on:p

a few pictures and a short video doesnt convince me sorry;) quite obviously photo shopped or edited. look closeley and say it looks real.

and on a last not they have many punctuation and spelling errors for a story like this... 4st isnt exactly what I call proper but hey, its the internet right?

Andyroo
27-05-10, 07:08
and on a last not they have many punctuation and spelling errors for a story like this... 4st isnt exactly what I call proper but hey, its the internet right?

That OP's link isn't the only article about this you know. And I hardly see how spelling of one of many articles has anything to do with the actual story and how real or fake it might be.

And 4st is four stone.

*laralover*
27-05-10, 08:39
Wow...seems the father couldnt give a dam...It is a odd image though :p

Andyroo
27-05-10, 09:05
Wow...seems the father couldnt give a dam...It is a odd image though :p

Or the mother.... Or probably anyone else around the kid, relatives, friends etc.

michaeldt
27-05-10, 09:17
I saw this on the news

Los Angeles
27-05-10, 10:05
That's terrible. But it's the media's fault to film such stuff...

CerebralAssassin
27-05-10, 10:53

zing!!:p

TR FAN 18
27-05-10, 13:23
That's just purely disgusting. How can a 2 YEAR OLD be allowed to smoke? His parents should be ashamed letting him do that! One cigarette is bad enough but 40 A DAY?!

Tonyrobinson
27-05-10, 13:57
The question is who the **** started to give him them in the first place!

TRfan23
27-05-10, 15:22
The question is who the **** started to give him them in the first place!

Did you read it?

It was his dad when the child was 18 months old :(

almayah
27-05-10, 15:28
Where are his parents?
WTF?
This kid needs a spanky :ohn:

Shark_Blade
27-05-10, 16:00
The baby is not at fault. However he requires treatment and better guardians to prevent him from continuing this bad habit. His original parents can be put in jail, whip or any type of severe punishment for all I care.

herothing
27-05-10, 16:10
You might as well stab him in the heart now; he isn't going to last long if he keeps this up!!!

Love2Raid
27-05-10, 16:24
He does look really big for a 2 year old indeed...

RAID
27-05-10, 18:39
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a309/justgrec/Motivatedphotos/wrongparents.png

Alpharaider47
27-05-10, 19:20
^^ :vlol: knew it was only a matter of time

Love2Raid
27-05-10, 19:24
LMAO that's WIN!! :vlol:

(How sad it actually is.)

hollister
28-05-10, 02:52
hm i think since hes only 2 he probably only is addicted to it cuz he thinks its fun to be able to inhale through that and blow smoke notice how he inhales then blows right away, thats not really smoking... theres no way he could know what a cigarette actually is so maybe when he gets older and knows more about it he wont want to "smoke" cigarettes.

Alpharaider47
28-05-10, 03:16
hm i think since hes only 2 he probably only is addicted to it cuz he thinks its fun to be able to inhale through that and blow smoke notice how he inhales then blows right away, thats not really smoking... theres no way he could know what a cigarette actually is so maybe when he gets older and knows more about it he wont want to "smoke" cigarettes.

Well I'd wager his body/brain is addicted to the nicotine. I don't think you need to be a certain age before your body can become addicted to a substance like that.

Tommy123
28-05-10, 03:32
Where are his parents?
WTF?
This kid needs a spanky :ohn:

not just spanking a good slap would work

VictorXD
28-05-10, 03:35
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a309/justgrec/Motivatedphotos/wrongparents.png

LOL!

But anyway...
But I must admit that this situation is pretty sad, I personally don't know anyone who can smoke that much for one day.

freeze10108
28-05-10, 04:28
Huh. They were talking about this on the radio this morning and came to the conclusion it was fake, due to the way he handled the cigarette and the fact that he blew smoke rings (I didn't see any, but they were talking about it).

I'm inclined to believe it's fake as well, as the picture strikes me as odd, especially his hand, for some reason. The cigarette looks jagged too, as someone else (I think it was uzi_master) said, and it looks too bright to fit in with the lighting of the picture. What's more, the kid seems to be a fairly mature smoker what with the way he handles the cigarette like older people who've smoked longer.

Also, he doesn't seem to have any kind of smoker's cough/hack/lung, which he would undoubtedly have due to his small size and the amount he smokes per day. My friend has only been smoking regularly for a few months (too long if you ask me) and has developed quite a cough, and I don't think she even goes through a pack a day. And, I can't fathom why he would've gained weight; cigarettes suppress appetite, and thus smokers don't eat as much and tend to be skinnier.

aktrekker
28-05-10, 04:31
And, I can't fathom why he would've gained weight; cigarettes suppress appetite, and thus smokers don't eat as much and tend to be skinnier.

Definitely NOT true.
I am proof :p
I've also known lots of - shall we say 'plus size' - smokers. With great appetites.

freeze10108
28-05-10, 04:36
Definitely NOT true.
I am proof :p
I've also known lots of - shall we say 'plus size' - smokers. With great appetites.

With all due respect, I beg to differ. My friend smokes instead of eating. I remember one lunch when she dragged me to an alley so she'd have someone to talk to while she smoked. I ate my lunch and she smoked away.

Also, supermodels smoke (so the stereotype goes :p) to suppress their appetite to stay skinny. :pi:

EDIT: The University of Minnesota Division of Periodontology has a convenient chart of chemicals (http://www1.umn.edu/perio/tobacco/nicaddct.html) that nicotine can stimulate the brain to produce and release, and three of the six can suppress appetite.

Andyroo
28-05-10, 04:48
This kids looks like the 2 year old version of someone I knew. He was huge, and smoked like nothing I'd ever seen before, and ate just the same.

Maybe smoking might suppress some people's appetite, I've only known of about two people that it did (or seemed to), out of heaps of people that smoke, and eat just as much as anyone else.

And then there's the delusion that stopping smoking makes people fat, because they start eating more instead of smoking, and people think it's the smokes keeping them skinny before they had quit, that makes people think smoking keeps you thin.

lunavixen
28-05-10, 05:00
With all due respect, I beg to differ. My friend smokes instead of eating. I remember one lunch when she dragged me to an alley so she'd have someone to talk to while she smoked. I ate my lunch and she smoked away.

Also, supermodels smoke (so the stereotype goes :p) to suppress their appetite to stay skinny. :pi:

EDIT: The University of Minnesota Division of Periodontology has a convenient chart of chemicals (http://www1.umn.edu/perio/tobacco/nicaddct.html) that nicotine can stimulate the brain to produce and release, and three of the six can suppress appetite.

its not always the case though, my parents are smokers and they are overweight, i think it partially supresses appetite but not wholly, i also think that the kid would have a poor diet as well in addition to the smoking

Andyroo
28-05-10, 05:03
i also think that the kid would have a poor diet as well in addition to the smoking

Yeah, and he sits around on that toy car, and isn't fit enough to run around so he's not getting the exercise he needs.

aktrekker
28-05-10, 05:08
He can't exercise, his lungs would already be shot.

Glašon
28-05-10, 05:19
Eugh. I hated reading the fathers comments, "he looks healthy to me..."

I mean seriously? Your kid has man boobs, and he's 2.
I also disliked the part about "officials" bribing them to get their son to stop. Obviously, the parents need to be seriously evaluated on their competency.

EscondeR
28-05-10, 07:22
LOL, moobs are not the worst thing he can get out of it...

Draco
28-05-10, 07:32
It's going to kill him.

Life is going to kill him, but you don't see anyone saying he shouldn't have one.

Capt. Murphy
28-05-10, 13:57
Life is going to kill him, but you don't see anyone saying he shouldn't have one.

True. But this way he won't live as long nor as healthy.

Ikas90
28-05-10, 14:21
This is DIS-KUS-TINK.

peeves
28-05-10, 14:41
Also i seen this on the news yesterday and i told my dad about it he didn't even believe me.

toxicraider
28-05-10, 14:43

That's not necessarily true, you can be relatively unaffected by food cravings, and have a small apetite, but still eat unhealthily, and be overweight, especially if you do little exercise. If he was smoking that much, he probably wouldn't be fit enough to run around like other kids, so could put on weight. It might also have slowed his growth and metabolism, so he put on more weight.
A video was posted of the boy as well, and I don't think it's fake, unfortunately.

a good slap would work
If that were true, then I think people would be able to quit a lot easier. :p

the ancient
28-05-10, 16:56
one cigaret takes like 5 mins away from your life and this boy is only 2 years old
Don't think he would live long :(

I, Tomb Raider
28-05-10, 17:08
Grose to watch!

Uzi master
28-05-10, 18:29
That's not necessarily true, you can be relatively unaffected by food cravings, and have a small apetite, but still eat unhealthily, and be overweight, especially if you do little exercise. If he was smoking that much, he probably wouldn't be fit enough to run around like other kids, so could put on weight. It might also have slowed his growth and metabolism, so he put on more weight.
A video was posted of the boy as well, and I don't think it's fake, unfortunately.

If that were true, then I think people would be able to quit a lot easier. :p

But still, the ciggarette seems like fake photo editing, look at it against everything else, it doesnt look real at all, well to me at least.'

special effects can do a lot.

tranniversary119
28-05-10, 18:35
Funny, during class today when we were doing our Friday current events someone had this news article. The entire class was like, what the hell?

Minimus
28-05-10, 21:30
40 a day?! Holy hell :eek: that's more than I have in a month!!

Love2Raid
29-05-10, 23:09
Apparently the kid is 4 years old, his name is Sandi and he stopped smoking! Hurray! :D

(He also stopped using swear words.)

Edit:
Hmmm, wait a sec. Could it be a different kid...:confused:
(I thought his name was Ardi.)

Andyroo
30-05-10, 03:28
Edit:
Hmmm, wait a sec. Could it be a different kid...:confused:
(I thought his name was Ardi.)

There are a few little kids smoking out there. On youtube there's another kid sitting on a motorbike smoking.

voltz
30-05-10, 03:38
It's obvious how happy the cig companies are on their new customers. "hook'em while they're young!"

TRULuverzz
30-05-10, 13:16
I'm surprised his parents would let him do that :eek:
my mum would kill me, even at my age if she found me smoking!
compare these 2 types of parenting :rolleyes:

robm_2007
30-05-10, 13:28
im sure he cant count, they should reduce his # of cigs a day by one, until he has none left.

but that might not work.