PDA

View Full Version : Urgent. S.o.s please help me!!

AliMagic
30-05-10, 03:38
Ok so I'm staying at my parents for the weekend, and ive used their computer. I've only being on TWO websites this and on a firearm website...But later on tonight my dad knocked on the door really loudly and said "I'm NOT happy!"

I don't understand why?! I know my dad wouldn't mind me on a safe reliable site like this! And firearms aren't an issue I know, he knows I wont buy any!

Of course later tonight I listened through the door and he said "if that girl is a ****ing puff I'll"....Now if your not familiar puff means gay/lesbian mainly to men but it can used to women as well.

I talked to my mum and she asked me if I'm gay. Don't get me wrong I'm not against gays or lesbians at all but my dad sounds agressive and I don't know any lesbian or gay themed websites. I know this site has a gay community but there's nothing at all explicit please help...

Oh and one more key thing my dad is drunk so I'm not sure if he really feels it or it's just the alcohol...Please help he sounds extremely agressive!

Glašon
30-05-10, 03:40
=/

That sounds very tense and strenuous. :hug: Maybe you should ask him what he isn't "happy" about? Did he expressly state it was because of what you were using the computer for?

Maybe he's just anti-firearms? Why would he jump to the conclusion that you're a lesbian anyway? And furthermore - why should he worry? Usually dads only seem to care when it's their son.

robm_2007
30-05-10, 03:43
Oh! what a dilemma!

did you go onto any of the gay threads on TRF?

maybe they think that you are a lesbian for Lara (another female member had that same problem.)

or, someone said something about you being gay in real-life; this situation might have nothing to do with the computer. i hope hes just drunk, but why would your mother ask you about it, if it could be the alcohol making him think crazy stuff?:confused:

:hug:

Glašon
30-05-10, 03:45
What is it about liking Tomb Raider and people assuming you toss off to her at night? I mean seriously. :rolleyes:

Please post in the thread again AliMagic! I hope you're parents aren't going mental :( :hug:

aktrekker
30-05-10, 03:50
Maybe your mother visited one of "those" websites and he noticed?

AliMagic
30-05-10, 04:06
Wow...Fast responses...

Firstly issue resolved. Phew :) I told my mum that I haven't being on any sites that I know of and she believes me and she gave me the whole "I LOVE YOU, you can tell me anything, if your lesbian dress up in mens clothes I'll still love you"...Anyways I resolved the issue by knocking the door of his bedroom I came in and said "I'm not a lesbian dad, if I was I would have told you by now I know you guys care...I can be tomboyish but so what?"

And he said "ok." Phew...Sorry it was really scary that's why I decided to post my dilema up on here. From the sounds of things you'd probably think "oh he is such a homophobe" or something. He's not but he isn't really "open" and I think he was angry that I according to him "was hiding something..." but I see no reason to why afterall. I believe its vital to tell stuff to your parents. :)

The mystery remains, why did/does my dad think I'm a lesbian? LOL I knew my dad loves firearms infact he taught me to like them in the first place!

Glašon
30-05-10, 04:10
Phew. I'm relieved now. My dad is exactly like your Dad... he would flip if he saw me on the arm of another guy.

So I'm glad it's all sorted for you and that your Mum is more than happy for you to be happy wither her :hug:

AliMagic
30-05-10, 04:13
Phew. I'm relieved now. My dad is exactly like your Dad... he would flip if he saw me on the arm of another guy.

So I'm glad it's all sorted for you and that your Mum is more than happy for you to be happy wither her :hug:

Phew. And ouch Glacon sorry to hate about your dad flipping..:( :hug:My dad doesn't at all mind or hate gay/lesbians but he does kinda of make fun of them but he isn't like "ew this gay guy is gonna touch me up." And he doesn't use the F-A...word...

As I said I wouldn't mind if people thought I was gay or lesbian? What's wrong with being gay or lesbian? It's just my dad seemed upset and really angry and it was frightening me. Oh well there's one issue resolved. NOW to get my dad off alcohol....:(

Poker15
30-05-10, 11:40
Glad it got solved(I think it did.:p).:):hug:

xXhayleyroxXx
30-05-10, 15:40
My step-parents think im lesbian because i love tomb raider -- just ask your dad why he thinks you are and explain that you're not (unless you are) :) Thats all you can really do :hug: update us if anything else happens! xx

ShadyCroft
30-05-10, 15:49
I'm glad the issue is resolved, Ali. :)

I personally think its absolutely ridiculous for parents to think their daughter is lesbian because she likes Lara Croft, or their son gay because he has a shirtless poster of Arnold in Terminator.

Sit down with your son/daughter and have a talk with them, ask them and learn from them instead of "oh you're gay because you like bla and bla"

CelticGuard
30-05-10, 16:32
Weirdly, over here sometimes Tomb Raider is considered a girls' game because of the female protagonist, and my dad isn't really supportive of me playing Tomb Raider. :p

MattTR
30-05-10, 16:36
I'm gay - both my parents know and are happy for me.. I'm fortunetate.

My mom knows I'm obsessed with Lara Croft, she thought I used to be in love with Angelina Jolie.. :vlol:

"No mom, I'm gay. Lara Croft is my best friendp".. :whi:

AliMagic
30-05-10, 17:00
Well...Firstly...Please don't ban me Moderators but:

****ing! ****ity! ****! ****! ****! ****! I'm so angry! My dad woke me up and revealed he was winding me up (pulling my leg)...:mad:

I know my dad and I can tell when he is joking but he sounded so convinced and angry...And then all of a sudden "I'm just joking..." "WHAT THE ****?!" I was so ****ed off. I decided to leave screw it I'd rather spend my sunday watching Britain's Got Talent by myself while my boyfriend is working the night shift in my own home. :mad:

My mum was ****ed as well I mean she was so convinced she asked me if I was or am a lesbian! My mum would never do that unless she's really sure! Ugh...It's official my dad needs to GO OFF alcohol...Whenever he's off he gets drunk...Sorry this is turning into a soap opera now but I'm so ****ing angry! :mad:

On the bright side at least I know that my dad really didn't think that as for my mum...Urm...Anyways my mum/dad know I'm Lara crazy but they always encouraged me to keep loving her! They never at the least thought or said to me "hey is this a guys game?"...Ugh but I'm so mad! :cen: :cen: :cen: :cen: :cen: :cen: :cen: :mad:

Draco
30-05-10, 18:17
Understandable, he is probably just trying to smooth over his behaviour by making light of it. The problem hasn't gone away.

xXhayleyroxXx
30-05-10, 18:31
Alcohol does bring our the worst in people -- to me it sounds like hes trying to make up for his behaviour last night since he knew he was wrong for upsetting you - by saying 'he's pulling your leg' it sounds like he's saying sorry.

AliMagic
30-05-10, 20:57
That's understandable...But I'm still really mad...Ugh...it will take awhile to forgive him. I know I should forgive him but it will take awhile.

xXhayleyroxXx
30-05-10, 21:00
That's understandable...But I'm still really mad...Ugh...it will take awhile to forgive him. I know I should forgive him but it will take awhile.

Do you love him? If so you need to be the biggest person and forgive. Life is too short to fight with your loved ones :)

AliMagic
30-05-10, 21:07
Meh...I'll forgive him later.

Love2Raid
30-05-10, 21:09
Being angry won't solve anything. I have high respect for people who are able to forgive and look beyond their anger.

AliMagic
30-05-10, 21:12
lol...I will forgive him. Just later. When I've calmed down from anger.

Mr.Burns
30-05-10, 21:55
If he drinks quite a bit, forgiveness isn't the only thing you should be considering for him.

AliMagic
30-05-10, 21:58
I know. Mr. Burns. I even told my mother but...She just said "we'll talk about this in the morning." We didn't...

I'm worried though, I don't mind him having a casual drink it's just whenever he's off he just get's drunk as if it's the only fun he can get out of life. I think he needs a hobby. He USED to be outgoing with his mates now he just stays in most of the time.

Little-Lara
30-05-10, 23:38
I think you should start working out a LOT and build up your body and strength. Then whenever you're around your parents walk and talk proudly and strongly. You gotta show them that u'r not some little kid or a push-over. You have be your own person, your parents aren't going to bottle-feed you your whole life, are they?

AliMagic
31-05-10, 16:50
Um...Little-Lara...Um...

Nevermind. :rolleyes:

I know they aren't going to bottle feed me my whole life, they know that themselves and I am confident as I'm not a push-over...

Everyone knows I can take care of myself. It's just when he banged on my door he didn't even tell me why which was worrying. But I don't know where you got the idea I wasn't confident, Little-Lara.

spikejones
31-05-10, 19:45
Usually dads only seem to care when it's their son.thats a totally off the mark statement :mis:

But I don't know where you got the idea I wasn't confident, Little-Lara.

probably because you came here in a fit?

that aside, how much does your dad drink actually? I know you said he gets drunk.. but to what extent? Different people have different concepts of drunk. Some people think having a single drink constitutes being drunk, for others "drunk" means you can barely walk and talk. I personally see no issue with the person who has a single drink every day, those people can likely even do without. OTOH if he drinks to excess as in the second example, he has a serious problem and needs help.

Little-Lara
31-05-10, 22:44
Everyone knows I can take care of myself. It's just when he banged on my door he didn't even tell me why which was worrying. But I don't know where you got the idea I wasn't confident, Little-Lara.

I didn't get that idea about your confidence level!! One does not need a measurement to increase their confidence level. Confidence is unlimited and does not have any limits. And 'confidence' is the word that you brought up.

What I meant was that you can 'help' your dad understand that you are done with his emotional intimidations. And if you make a sound statement, maybe he'll think twice about getting heavily drunk.

Glašon
01-06-10, 01:12
I think you should start working out a LOT and build up your body and strength. Then whenever you're around your parents walk and talk proudly and strongly. You gotta show them that u'r not some little kid or a push-over. You have be your own person, your parents aren't going to bottle-feed you your whole life, are they?

:vlol:

thats a totally off the mark statement :mis:

:mis: It's true and you know it.

AliMagic
01-06-10, 18:16
thats a totally off the mark statement :mis:

probably because you came here in a fit?

that aside, how much does your dad drink actually? I know you said he gets drunk.. but to what extent? Different people have different concepts of drunk. Some people think having a single drink constitutes being drunk, for others "drunk" means you can barely walk and talk. I personally see no issue with the person who has a single drink every day, those people can likely even do without. OTOH if he drinks to excess as in the second example, he has a serious problem and needs help.

I think I stated this before but he's a casual drinker when he's busy or at work so if he's come home according to mum he just as the odd one or two bottles. Which is fine. But whenever he's off he drinks alot to the point where he laughs at everything, slurs his speech, shouts, stumbles, makes invalid statements, becomes a total douche to everyone around him. I think I'd class him as a drunk...

And I started this thread really because I needed help refreshing my memory lmao, as to why he would have thought I was gay lolz.^^ But he got more agressive so I thought I'd include that...

I hate drunk agressive people. Really. I do.

Uzi master
02-06-10, 06:12
what I saw wrong with this is how your father acted like it was bad if you were gay, even if it was I joke...

If that was me I'd probably say, "Maybe I'm gay..." or something:p

Mikky
02-06-10, 11:50
They assumed that just because your on TRF, that you're lesbian? I don't mean to be rude, but you're parents are absolute retards!

Tomb-Dude
02-06-10, 11:57
They assumed that just because your on TRF, that you're lesbian? I don't mean to be rude, but you're parents are absolute retards!

retards is probably the rudest thing you could say personally. Maybe something a bit more senseable and grown up might seem more polite :)

Mikky
02-06-10, 12:01
retards is probably the rudest thing you could say personally. Maybe something a bit more senseable and grown up might seem more polite :)

No, I think it's just right. ;)

Tomb-Dude
02-06-10, 12:14
No, I think it's just right. ;)

right, ok.

tranniversary119
02-06-10, 12:16

I wouldn't go as far as calling them retards, but I think it's pretty stupid you would get that assumption just from this forum. It makes no sense, really? :confused: Perhaps they came across the LGB thread?

Glašon
02-06-10, 12:32

Lmao. This. :tmb:

AliMagic
02-06-10, 12:53
lol I think it was my dad who thought I was a lesbian. But then again my mums stupid anyway. :vlol:

Mikky
02-06-10, 16:52
Lmao. This. :tmb:

Ah, someone with some common sense. :tmb: