PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry or iPhone?

~*~Chloe~*~
30-05-10, 12:17
As the title says, Blackberry or iPhone? Or neither :) And please tell me why :p

EDIT: Can I access internet anywhere? Like sites such as Facebook and Twitter?

Mikky
30-05-10, 12:22
Blackberry! You'll be addicted to it's keyboard in a hearbeat! :D

*richietrent*
30-05-10, 12:23
Are you desperate for a new phone, or can you wait another month or so? I think more models are due out soon! But if you can't wait, i'd say Iphone!

herothing
30-05-10, 12:24
iPhone
I hate Blackberries with a passion

Reckless Lara
30-05-10, 12:26
iPhone. :)

~*~Chloe~*~
30-05-10, 12:29
Are you desperate for a new phone, or can you wait another month or so? I think more models are due out soon! But if you can't wait, i'd say Iphone!

Yes I can wait :) Why, what else is coming out?

TombOfRaiders
30-05-10, 12:32
iPhone :)

TRULuverzz
30-05-10, 12:33
BlackBerrys for the win! :D

Catracoth
30-05-10, 12:38
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=159147

:)

~*~Chloe~*~
30-05-10, 12:44
Btw what networks are available for the iPhone?

*richietrent*
30-05-10, 12:46
O2 and Orange, im unsure of what other networks are avaliable for the Iphone. Anyone?

The newest handsets out other than the two you chose, are the Samsung range or the HTC Desire.. with are all touch sensitive phones.. I would say the new Sony Ericsson but their crap (and i've realised the hard way!)

Catracoth
30-05-10, 12:47
AT&T over here in the states is the only iPhone carrier.

Priscilla
30-05-10, 12:55
BlackBerry FTW :jmp::jmp:

Cochrane
30-05-10, 13:06
Personally, I prefer iPhones, but your best choice is really to find stores where you can try them out yourself and decide based on that.

ECB
30-05-10, 15:25
I had the iPhone and have a Blackberry right now. Honestly, they're both great for different things. If you love touch screen, iPhone then. If you like buttons and customization, Blackberry is your friend. I'm going to get the iPhone 4G whenever that comes out, but I still love my black berry! It's up to you. :)

~*~Chloe~*~
30-05-10, 17:00
Just wondering if I had an iPhone, would I be able to access Facebook anywhere? Within signal obviously :)

ryan91
30-05-10, 17:05
iPhone obvie <3

*richietrent*
30-05-10, 17:07
Just wondering if I had an iPhone, would I be able to access Facebook anywhere? Within signal obviously :)

It has Wi-fi so yeah you'll be able to access FB lol.

~*~Chloe~*~
30-05-10, 17:14
Wherever I am?

*richietrent*
30-05-10, 17:24
Wherever I am?

Well as most Wireless networks are secure, its mainly at home where you can get it, or anywhere that offers free wireless. Some people just go on the net from an unsecure Wireless Access Point, i would say thats illegal but its down to the person for not making it secure enough! BTW, Do research on both parties to make sure you get the right product though..

ECB
30-05-10, 17:48

Yes. Here in the states, you can check Facebook anywhere any time. You don't have to be connected to WiFi to view it though. If you have signal on your phone, you have internet. :)

ZapTheLadyBird
30-05-10, 17:49
Blackberry.
I have a thing about touch screen phones since I bought my latest phone. I didn't realise how much I couldn't stand the sticky finger marks on the screen... :whi:

Lenochka
30-05-10, 17:51
Blackberry
They look so sleek and professional. :D

Catracoth
30-05-10, 17:51
That's why screen protectors were invented. Needless to say, you can get fingerprints on any phone's screen.

Draco
30-05-10, 18:10
Neither, both are proprietary junk.

tonyme
30-05-10, 18:12
iPhone!:tmb: Definitely!

BlackBerries are so freaking ugly, and the keys are so small.

TombRaider4444
30-05-10, 18:41
iPhone and the new one coming will have: HD video recording and playback and a front facing camera for video conferencing plus with the skype app you can talk to computers bring on iPhone HD! :jmp::jmp:

remote91
30-05-10, 18:42
Neither, too expensive and I just don't really see the point in splashing out on gizmo's that get constantly replaced by newer models.

TombRaider4444
30-05-10, 18:45
Neither, too expensive and I just don't really see the point in splashing out on gizmo's that get constantly replaced by newer models.
Doesn't every phone plus software updates First iphone from 2007 has updates from 1.0 original to the latest At the moment but wont be supported by 4.0 so like a 2 year lifespan of updates isn't bad ;)

Nerd For Life
30-05-10, 18:47

This.

IceColdLaraCroft
30-05-10, 18:54
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=159147

:)

Necroposting isn't allowed
:wve:

Crackberry b/c I don't need AT&T to use it and it won't accidentally do anything if it's on while in my pocket. (stupid touch screens!)

irjudd
30-05-10, 18:58
Don't like either one. Windows Phone or Android has more options and more interesting (better) hardware options.

lara c. fan
30-05-10, 19:00

Cat was mainly going about the POLL side of it.

Catracoth
30-05-10, 19:31

I was posting the link to show the OP the results of a previous poll to help with their decision, smart-ass.

~*~Chloe~*~
30-05-10, 19:42
I'm thinking of getting the iPhone. Can somebody tell me how good the signal is with Orange?

Dark Lugia 2
30-05-10, 19:43
Id say Blackberry, seeing as an Iphone is basically an ipod touch with a phone & camera. Not that its a bad piece of tech, its just that bit that adds so much to the price..

Even though I think the BB hype is ridiculous, I have a qwerty phone and it gets compared to every damn bckberry curve (even tho mine was out a year before the curve and has better specs -.-)

So yeah... Blackberry :p you certainly wont have problems with how people see your phone.

Gladous
30-05-10, 19:45
I prefer the 'invisi-berry.' :(

/tear

Catracoth
30-05-10, 19:52
Cat was mainly going about the POLL side of it.

Indeed, thank you :).

Id say Blackberry, seeing as an Iphone is basically an ipod touch with a phone & camera. Not that its a bad piece of tech, its just that bit that adds so much to the price..

That's hardly it - you're just scratching the surface. In retrospect, yes it's basically an iPod Touch with a camera and phone capabilities, but that doesn't make for a proper defence against why a Blackberry is better...I mean, hello.

Not to mention that everyone who favours the Blackberry and complains about the iPhone's price seems to forget that blatant fact that like the Blackberry, there are other iPhone models ranging from $100 to $300, and the cheapest iPhone is cheaper than or equal to the price of the common Blackberry last I checked.

~*~Chloe~*~
31-05-10, 15:25
Is it me, or are iPhones ALWAYS out of stock? It sucks so bad...

IceColdLaraCroft
31-05-10, 15:26
I was posting the link to show the OP the results of a previous poll to help with their decision, smart-ass.

Don't call me names.

especially when you then go post in the "netiquette" thread. it's hypocritical.

~*~Chloe~*~
31-05-10, 15:33
And also what are the risks of buying a refurbished iphone?

Catracoth
31-05-10, 15:44
And also what are the risks of buying a refurbished iphone?

They might malfunction easier and quicker than a brand new phone, but that's with any phone.

~*~Chloe~*~
31-05-10, 15:49
I meant reconditioned, not refurbished - does that make a difference? :)

almayah
31-05-10, 15:54
Blackberry <3

Catracoth
31-05-10, 15:55
I'm not sure, Chloe, to be honest. Try researching some stuff on Google - should provide you with desirable results :).

Don't call me names.

especially when you then go post in the "netiquette" thread. it's hypocritical.

Your vapidity literally blows my mind.

Simochka
31-05-10, 17:43
O2 and Orange, im unsure of what other networks are avaliable for the Iphone. Anyone?

The newest handsets out other than the two you chose, are the Samsung range or the HTC Desire.. with are all touch sensitive phones.. I would say the new Sony Ericsson but their crap (and i've realised the hard way!)

I have a sony ericsson vivaz and I prefer it over iphone :p
And the camera is much better :p
My friend got a iphone the same time I got vivaz. And she can't record videos, download songs and apps from random websites or anything. She even had to download a app to be able to zoom with the camera. And she can't send songs or anything with bluetooth. It sucks donkey balls

Edit: oh I just noticed you recommended samsung range and HTC desire. Well I've heard they are great phones :)

_Awestruck_
31-05-10, 17:46

Crackberry b/c I don't need AT&T to use it and it won't accidentally do anything if it's on while in my pocket. (stupid touch screens!)

Yeah, you're wrong again. The touch screen on the iPhone only responds to skin, so you can't even use it if you're wearing a glove. Plus you can lock it from the top button.

Is it me, or are iPhones ALWAYS out of stock? It sucks so bad...

I don't think they're shipping past models anymore because of the new one set to ship in a few weeks or so.

Catracoth
31-05-10, 17:51
Yeah, you're wrong again. The touch screen on the iPhone only responds to skin, so you can't even use it if you're wearing a glove. Plus you can lock it from the top button.

Spot on, Brandon. I don't mean to sound like I'm targeting ICLC, since I'm not, but it irritates me when such assumptions are made.

_Awestruck_
31-05-10, 17:53
Spot on, Brandon. I don't mean to sound like I'm targeting ICLC, since I'm not, but it irritates me when such assumptions are made.

Yeah, I don't want to look as if I'm singling them out but it just gets on my nerves when people say they can butt dial from an iPhone. It's not possible, nor will it ever be.

:p

TombRaider4444
31-05-10, 17:59
People made special gloves for the iPhone and bilateral frames the iPhone recognizes them as skin. ;)

lara c. fan
31-05-10, 18:06
People made special gloves for the iPhone and bilateral frames the iPhone recognizes them as skin. ;)

Key word being SPECIAL.

I don't think ICLC's pocket will be made of that material.

RunrigNutter
31-05-10, 18:21
Blackberry

I would get Iphone, but I just wished it has flash :D

*richietrent*
31-05-10, 18:31
I have a sony ericsson vivaz and I prefer it over iphone :p
And the camera is much better :p
My friend got a iphone the same time I got vivaz. And she can't record videos, download songs and apps from random websites or anything. She even had to download a app to be able to zoom with the camera. And she can't send songs or anything with bluetooth. It sucks donkey balls

Edit: oh I just noticed you recommended samsung range and HTC desire. Well I've heard they are great phones :)

Yeah, basicly with my phone, the screen went all fuzzy, then it got stolen twice, and now my signal keeps playing up so i don't know whats happening with the damn phone! lol.
Back on topic, my bro in law recommends the iphone as he has it also :D

Catracoth
31-05-10, 18:34

Also known as a waste of $20.

~*~Chloe~*~
31-05-10, 18:54
So when is the iPhone 4G going to be released in the UK?

_Awestruck_
31-05-10, 19:17
So when is the iPhone 4G going to be released in the UK?

Probably not more than a month after the U.S gets it.

Simochka
31-05-10, 19:20
Yeah, basicly with my phone, the screen went all fuzzy, then it got stolen twice, and now my signal keeps playing up so i don't know whats happening with the damn phone! lol.
Back on topic, my bro in law recommends the iphone as he has it also :D

Well ofcourse he recommends it because usually iPhone owners can't see thee down things with their phones. It's not really a good phone. They even said at the phone house that it's over hyped and not a great phone. And guess what he had in his pocket? An iPhone :D

I haven't experienced any errors with the vivaz yet. And I have long fingernails so the screen is easy to use for me :p

AmericanAssassin
31-05-10, 19:49
I used to have a BlackBerry and it was the love of my life. Oh, how I miss it. In fact, when I sign a new contract, I plan to buy a new one. <3 <3 <3