PDA

View Full Version : Mirror's Edge 2 still in devolopment

Apathetic
06-06-10, 16:13
Gaming Union: What do you think of DICE's choice to make Mirror's Edge, and now that they're developing a sequel?

Liliegren: Knowing that that product was in development for about seven years.. [laughs] and given that it wasn't Mirror's Edge when we started, but it was one team working on 'the new IP' for seven years, I think they did a strong final. They did something different that people hadn't done before. I think it needed a second generation so they can tweak on it, I played it a little bit.

GU: Do you think it was a good idea for them to make that, compared to making more of what's already been successful for them?

Liliegren: I think they were given an opportunity, and that was stated throughout the seven years "to come up with something different," and I think that they did that. I think they achieved that goal. I think they learned a lot, and I think that they definitely got a lot of press out of it, [an] insane amount of press actually, given that they didn't really sell that well. So I think it raised

Link (http://www.gamingunion.net/news/mirrors-edge-took-7-years-to-make--1115.html)

Oh yes.

Alex Fly
06-06-10, 16:48
Even if it wasn't a secret that ME2 is still in development, it's always good to read something about it. Thanks for posting. :tmb:

I don't think we'll hear about it at the E3 this year tho... Seems too early... =/

herothing
06-06-10, 16:50
Thats good news :)
I thought they canceled it :(

michaeldt
06-06-10, 16:52
OMG OMG YES YES!!!!!!! :yik: I LOVED THE FIRST ME!!!!! :jmp: :cln:

Catracoth
06-06-10, 17:19
This is delicious news. Good to hear they aren't procrastinating.

Thats good news :)
I thought they canceled it :(

No, they didn't cancel it, they just put it on hold with the 'unlikely to continue' seal on it.

Gladous
06-06-10, 17:21
http://i42.************/5n38z.jpg

:jmp:

I, Tomb Raider
06-06-10, 17:23
Not something I didn't know. :D
Thanks anyway!

I want to see ME 2 on E3. :cln:

Ybbob
06-06-10, 17:32
This is fantastic news! I still play the first one to this day. :)

Gladous
06-06-10, 17:34

Same here! I still have races with people! :D

Catracoth
06-06-10, 17:35
It would be a nice treat if Mirror's Edge 2 was revealed at E3.

Lara Fan 4Life
Cool, thanks for posting! :tmb:

Gladous

You and I both! :D

Let's all pray that ME2 will have multiplayer of some sort. :)

Tommy123
06-06-10, 17:40
oh ma gawd! cant wait

Catracoth
06-06-10, 17:42

That would be excellent, and perhaps the inclusion of original characters that way there isn't fuss about who's playing as whom - perhaps limited customisation ergo GTA IV & RDR.

michaeldt
06-06-10, 17:43

the iPad version had Multiplayer :D you could do race mode or capture the bag :D

Gladous
06-06-10, 17:43
the iPad version had Multiplayer :D you could do race mode or capture the bag :D

Real - time multiplayer or ghosts?

That would be excellent, and perhaps the inclusion of original characters that way there isn't fuss about who's playing as whom - perhaps limited customisation ergo GTA IV & RDR.

OMG, yes! I would so love to be... what's her face.. the blond girl. :p

michaeldt
06-06-10, 17:44
Real - time multiplayer or ghosts?

real time :D

Gladous
06-06-10, 17:47
That's so unfair! :(

Catracoth
06-06-10, 17:47
OMG, yes! I would so love to be... what's her face.. the blond girl. :p

Celeste. Indeed, I wonder what happened to her. Haven't seen head nor tail of her since the boat encounter in ME1.

Gladous
06-06-10, 17:49
Celeste. Indeed, I wonder what happened to her. Haven't seen head nor tail of her since the boat encounter in ME1.

Celeste! That's it! For some reason, I was thinking Cassidy. :p

I hope she's back to being good again. I don't want her to be bad. That would suck, in my opinion.

michaeldt
06-06-10, 17:50
if there were to be multiplayer in ME2, I want to play as Celeste, Merc and whatshisface (the guy you chase around the rooftops and you kick of the helicopter in the end)

Gladous
06-06-10, 17:51
if there were to be multiplayer in ME2, I want to play as Celeste, Merc and whatshisface (the guy you chase around the rooftops and you kick of the helicopter in the end)

Jack Knife? Wait no, that's that old guy. :p

Catracoth
06-06-10, 17:53
Indeed. Although, Celeste was never really evil per se, she just worked alongside the city government because it kept her alive - Faith and the runners are the criminals, don't forget :p. It's like Grand Theft Auto; the protagonists are always viewed as the good guys because you play as them, despite their standing in the game.

Jacknife is indeed the one you're thinking of. Merc is the older man, but he's dead, so he wouldn't be in ME2.

Gladous
06-06-10, 18:12
Indeed. Although, Celeste was never really evil per se, she just worked alongside the city government because it kept her alive - Faith and the runners are the criminals, don't forget :p. It's like Grand Theft Auto; the protagonists are always viewed as the good guys because you play as them, despite their standing in the game.

Jacknife is indeed the one you're thinking of. Merc is the older man, but he's dead, so he wouldn't be in ME2.

Jeez! My thinking is rusty! I need to go back and replay ME sometime. :p

Weemanply109
06-06-10, 20:13
Mirrors Edge 2 was actually confirmed by DICE in an interview last year from what I can remember but nothing has been said about since this. ;)

Same here, its the best FPS imo :D

Don't get me excited!!!! :jmp:

Prays*

Capture that bag was supposed to be originally in ME1 on Consoles/PC from what I heard, but they scrapped it for some reason, or it was something in the story that involved the bag. DICE also wanted more characters in the game but they got scrapped too..

Its like TRU all over again.

I hope shes okay, she was a great character imo.

Jack Knife = the one on the heli at the end.

He died btw ;) Well he should have considering he was kicked out of the Heli by Faith.

Catracoth
06-06-10, 20:23
If Jacqueline Natla can survive being crushed by a pillar and hit in the head with a hammer meant to kill her own kind, I think Jacknife could survive a 40 story drop :whi:.

James_Rutland
06-06-10, 21:27
If Jacqueline Natla can survive being crushed by a pillar and hit in the head with a hammer meant to kill her own kind, I think Jacknife could survive a 40 story drop :whi:.

"I cannot die you fool!" :p

robbie_rawr
06-06-10, 22:14
i never got the hang of the first one :P
ill have to now :D

God Horus
06-06-10, 22:16
I told you all if we had faith there would be a second one :)

da tomb raider!
06-06-10, 23:27
Glad to hear it. I found the first one almost unforgivably flawed, but I'm rather fond of the concept, and with some (a lot!) of fine-tuning, hopefully the sequel will be much better.

Gladous
06-06-10, 23:41
I told you all if we had faith there would be a second one :)

You're so clever! :ton:

amaris
07-06-10, 00:05
YES!!!! I LOVE MIRORS EDGE!!! :jmp: :yah:

GameGlitcher77
07-06-10, 03:48
It's about ****ing time EA! :ohn:

amiro1989
07-06-10, 03:49
I loved Mirror's Edge. It was very nice.

x2crazyidiot
07-06-10, 11:37
Just imagine if ME2 was announced at E3 :cln: would be the best game there IMO. I really really hope the sequel gets made, the first is just pure genius

tranniversary119
07-06-10, 11:41
I really enjoyed the first game. I just didn't have any reason to return to it, so I traded it in. I'm definitely interested in a sequel so this is great news :tmb:

michaeldt
07-06-10, 11:51
once I platinum'd the first one (with all the Pure Time Trial trophies) there really wasn't anything much else to do in the game :/ I hope that ME2 will have tons more replay value and a real time multiplayer :D

Nausinous
07-06-10, 16:18
I would love an ME2 but only if it's open world.

Gladous
07-06-10, 16:28
I would love an ME2 but only if it's open world.

That would be sooo cool! You could be in the town and free run across the city! :jmp:

Kiss-Bite
07-06-10, 17:38
I'm more then thrilled to hear it shall continue... I found the first experience so immersive with a real sense of adrenaline filled excitement. The vibrant clinical clean visuals with beautiful ambient music, esp the theme, accompanying the motion blur as you in Faith's shoes leaped, ran & slid over the city rooftops. :D

So yes... I'm bloody happy!! :jmp:

Weemanply109
07-06-10, 17:56
I'm more then thrilled to hear it shall continue... I found the first experience so immersive with a real sense of adrenaline filled excitement. The vibrant clinical clean visuals with beautiful ambient music, esp the theme, accompanying the motion blur as you in Faith's shoes leaped, ran & slid over the city rooftops. :D

So yes... I'm bloody happy!! :jmp:

You just described what makes this game awesome! :D

tomblover
07-06-10, 18:15
"I cannot die you fool!" :p "Sooner of later, you'll run out of breath." :p