PDA

View Full Version : GoldenEye 64 - Outed for the Wii

Catracoth
06-06-10, 17:33
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=249488

A leaked Activision survey has almost certainly outed a GoldenEye remake for Wii.

The information, supplied by an anonymous source, shows various pieces of artwork for the game (with Daniel Craig replacing Brosnan), a blurb and a mock-up of a Wii Klobb accessory (lets hope the Wii Remote version is a bit more accurate...)

The blurb reads: "GoldenEye for Nintendo 64 was a game that defined a genre. Now, after 13 years of gaming innovation, the legend is re-imagined. Developed from the ground up for the Wii, GoldenEye takes advantage of the latest technology to deliver the same intense experience with today's graphics and physics.

"Play a modernized version of the classic story with the new Bond (Daniel Craig), more lethal and cunning than ever as you take on missions around the world. Relive all the legendary moments from the original game; St Petersburg, the Caribbean and numerous other levels.

"Leverage the classic arsenal of weapons and gadgets as you fight Onatopp, Trevelyan and their adversaries, from the classic PP7 to the high tech assault rifle, sniper rifles and even the tank.

"The enhanced multiplayer experience offers 4 player splitscreen like the original and introduces 8-player online matches. GoldenEye is 13 years better, are you?"

It seems like GoldenEyeGame.com wasn't just a placeholder then.

It's not yet clear if the remake has anything to do with original developer, Rare, though you'd imagine not. Plus, a CV that appeared online last year suggested that Eurocom, makers of 007: Nightfire is at the helm.

All that considered, we can't say we're full of enthusiasm. We'll see if we can get comment from anyone.

http://i45.************/2wnxv75.jpg (http://i49.************/2s79hee.jpg)http://i46.************/2w5vc03.jpg (http://i49.************/263bst0.jpg)
http://i50.************/34pf2hz.jpg (http://i46.************/30i83k6.jpg)

I don't like the idea of replacing Brosnan with Craig to make the game more modern. Brosnan was Bond in GoldenEye and should remain as such. Also, in the second box art, I don't understand why they replaced the Walther PPK with a cheaply coloured Browning handgun.

Regardless, here's to hoping for a PS3 and 360 release with everything as it should be.

Carbonek_0051
06-06-10, 17:37
I saw this, I am cautiously excited for it. I like the idea of Craig replacing Brosnan. I think it would be pretty interesting how they do it.

My only concern is that it's a Wii game, and while I do think there are some good Wii games I am worried the game will be full of motion gimmicks. But I'll definitely be keeping my eye on this. :)

I love the first box-art.

matrix54
06-06-10, 17:37
I wanted this to happen soo badly!! :jmp:

sadly, this isn't the way i wanted it to. The wii-gun model is hideous. Do game developers know what they are doing anymore?

]{eith
06-06-10, 17:39
Wow, now this is interesting. I adore Golden Eye but I much rather Craig than Brosnan. I'm really interested in seeing where this goes.

michaeldt
06-06-10, 17:41
well, I don't know much about Goldeneye, but I do know it is probably the best movie based game adaption :) every list I look at for best movie based games, Goldeneye is on top

Catracoth
06-06-10, 17:41
I saw this, I am cautiously excited for it. I like the idea of Craig replacing Brosnan. I think it would be pretty interesting how they do it.

Ick, I can't visualise it. Don't get me wrong, I love everything about Daniel Craig (mainly, his body...ba dum cha!) but it was Brosnan's share of the limelight - I think he deserves his likeness (and voice) in the game. I pray they don't use strictly subtitles like in the original, despite how great that was.

lara c. fan
06-06-10, 17:42
I'm all for this. I still play the N64 version a lot, seeing it remade would just be awesome :D

Carbonek_0051
06-06-10, 17:44
Ick, I can't visualise it. Don't get me wrong, I love everything about Daniel Craig (mainly, his body...ba dum cha!) but it was Brosnan's share of the limelight - I think he deserves his likeness (and voice) in the game. I pray they don't use strictly subtitles like in the original, despite how great that was.

I think it will be cool to see, Craig is my second favorite Bond after Connery. I think if done right it could work really well. I like how they are going to modernize it, which has me wondering if they are going to recast all the other people? Or are they going to keep the originals (besides Brosnan)?

I also noticed this is being developed by the people who did Nightfire? Awesome! I love Nightfire, it's one of my favorite Bond games. :D

TheBloodRed
06-06-10, 17:45
Remember the From Russia with Love game?? Connery was put as the face etc of the game and yet he wasn't the current bond. D:

Not gonna be the same without Brosnan... mamma mia! :/

Catracoth
06-06-10, 17:46
I think it will be cool to see, Craig is my second favorite Bond after Connery. I think if done right it could work really well. I like how they are going to modernize it, which has me wondering if they are going to recast all the other people? Or are they going to keep the originals (besides Brosnan)?

I don't know, I think replacing him wouldn't do well with the Bond fans, but would go unnoticed by the casual gamer. I personally wouldn't mind, but I would prefer Brosnan.

How would they go about recasting the other characters? What, replace Xenia Onatopp with Rosa Klebb :p?

Remember the From Russia with Love game?? Connery was put as the face etc of the game and yet he wasn't the current bond. D:

Um, Connery was indeed Bond in FRWL's time.

Lara Fan 4Life
06-06-10, 17:47
^ Omg, Nightfire? I loved Nightfire! :cln: I still play the multiplayer with my brother from time to time! :pi:

TheBloodRed
06-06-10, 17:56
Um, Connery was indeed Bond in FRWL's time.

That is my point silly!! The game was released in November of 2005, many many years after Connery had stopped playing the Bond role.

So that is why I am wondering why they wanna risk putting Craig up there instead of Brosnan. :/

Catracoth
06-06-10, 17:59
That is my point silly!! The game was released in November of 2005, many many years after Connery had stopped playing the Bond role.

I think you're missing my point - back in the day, Connery portrayed Bond in From Russia With Love, the 1963 film. In the game recreation, they included Connery as Bond because Connery portrayed him in the original film. Hence why they should include Brosnan as Bond in the GoldenEye remake, because Brosnan was Bond in GoldenEye's time.

]{eith
06-06-10, 18:03
You both have the same point. Lawl XD

TheBloodRed
06-06-10, 18:34
You basically just repeated everything I just said!! :vlol:

Catracoth
06-06-10, 20:15
I don't know if either I'm confused here or if the world is backwards.

You were saying that Connery was placed as the face of the game despite how he wasn't the current Bond, and I was explaining that he was placed there because he should be there, despite how he wasn't portraying Bond entirely in 2005.

Catracoth
06-06-10, 22:55
Activision to announce GoldenEye remake at E3 (http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/705147/Activision-To-OfficiallyFinally-Announce-GoldenEye-Remake-At-E3.html).

Hoo ha!

Paddy
07-06-10, 00:39
Craig in Goldeneye isnt so bad, its if they had put say Moore in there would it be a disgrace.
I hope this gets ported to 360.

trlestew
07-06-10, 00:46
Craig in Goldeneye isnt so bad, its if they had put say Moore in there would it be a disgrace.
I hope this gets ported to 360.

And PS3 ;)

Never played goldeneye. Heard it was one of the best games back in 1997. I think it topped Final Fantasy VII O_O

Regardless of who plays bond, I'm interested to see how they will remake it. Will it just be a graphical update? Or will they expand upon the gameplay?

Paddy
07-06-10, 00:49
And PS3 ;)

Never played goldeneye. Heard it was one of the best games back in 1997. I think it topped Final Fantasy VII O_O

Regardless of who plays bond, I'm interested to see how they will remake it. Will it just be a graphical update? Or will they expand upon the gameplay?
I thought it was the best game in its time, most people loved the MP on it.
I think whilst it isnt so bad they chose Craig, Brosnan was the one who did Goldeneye.
Goldeneye 64 remains on my favourite game title ever to this day.

Tony9595
07-06-10, 00:52
:eek:

I loved that game, I'll probably like the remake too. :tmb:

Paddy
07-06-10, 00:55
If they didnt recast Sean Bean as Trevelyan it would be a complete joke.
Noone else should be Trevelyan.
I can accept more the Craig replacing Pierce but not replacing Sean. I loved fighting Trevelyan on the Cradle mission, was a pain in the ass on 00 Agent though.

robm_2007
07-06-10, 01:14
I really hope that this gets ported to Xbox 360 (and PS3, too i guess :P)

im not too upset that Daniel Craig is being Bond in this game, even though Pierce Brosnan is my favorite Bond actor.

i hope that the other movie characters are portrayed by thier original actors, mainly: Famke Janssen as Xenia Onatopp (my favorite Bond villain), Izabella Scorupco as Natalya; Judi Dench as M; and Sean Bean as Alec Trevelyan.

GoldenEye really is a game that deserves a modern remastering.

So, if the title is GoldenEye 2010, that means its getting released this year?

Catracoth
07-06-10, 01:16
Meh, I personally think the title should just be simply, GoldenEye.

Paddy
07-06-10, 01:17
I really hope that this gets ported to Xbox 360 (and PS3, too i guess :P)

im not too upset that Daniel Craig is being Bond in this game, even though Pierce Brosnan is my favorite Bond actor.

i hope that the other movie characters are portrayed by thier original actors, mainly: Famke Janssen as Xenia Onatopp (my favorite Bond villain), Izabella Scorupco as Natalya; Judi Dench as M; and Sean Bean as Alec Trevelyan.

GoldenEye really is a game that deserves a modern remastering.

So, if the title is GoldenEye 2010, that means its getting released this year?
Yeah Brosnan was pure awesome, he is better then Craig by a mile imo.
Yeah Id say it will be. I like the idea of remastering as long as they dont do too many changes.

Alpharaider47
07-06-10, 01:24
Yeah Brosnan was pure awesome, he is better then Craig by a mile imo.
Yeah Id say it will be. I like the idea of remastering as long as they dont do too many changes.

I agree Brosnan was awesome, but I think Craig pulls off this new style of Bond much better than any of the other actors could have. He has the perfect eyes for the role too lol.
I'm looking forward to this, sounds like it will be fun, but nothing can beat the old N64 GoldenEye. I wonder if they'll bring back all of the old gadgets?
Here's to hoping it'll be on the 360 too :p

Paddy
07-06-10, 01:26
I agree Brosnan was awesome, but I think Craig pulls off this new style of Bond much better than any of the other actors could have. He has the perfect eyes for the role too lol.
I'm looking forward to this, sounds like it will be fun, but nothing can beat the old N64 GoldenEye. I wonder if they'll bring back all of the old gadgets?
Here's to hoping it'll be on the 360 too :p
Noone could pull off a better Bond then Connery, noone beats the original :D
But I do see what you mean though. As I said the change of Bond doesnt bother me, just dont change the villain cast. Even the levels neednt be tampered with too much, if they used some of the movies locations as levels that werent in Goldeneye 64 Id be happy.

Sir Croft
07-06-10, 01:27
This can't be good...

robm_2007
07-06-10, 01:30
This can't be good...

Do explain, if you wouldnt mind obliging us.

cbragg09
07-06-10, 01:30
I was very excited for this, I LOVE the original. And everything about it had me super pumped...

Till I saw they replaced Pierce Brosnan with Daniel Craig

I admit I do NOT like him as bond anyway, but at the time Goldeneye came out Brosnan WAS James Bond, and to replace him is the most stupid ****ing thing I have ever heard of.

I will not play this game

star-dust
07-06-10, 05:17

Daneil Craig is amazing as Bond. But I agree... Goldeneye was Brosnan's and I don't like how they've changed the actor.

tranniversary119
07-06-10, 11:48
Just for the Wii? :( It sounds good, but we'll see...

Catracoth
15-06-10, 04:46
Here's a little treat for you lot:
Y74GB9efwDE

Activision have a conference tomorrow, but seeing as it seems to be an exclusive title for the Wii, expect to see it shown during Nintendo's conference. The reason as to why it looks different, is because it has to. Its clear from the legal ramifications that stopped the XBLA remake coming out that this is a reimagining. It's definitely coming though. And sounds as though they have already had Daniel Craig doing the voiceover. I think this title could be fantastic - but I think its important for people to not fall into the obvious marketing push that Activision are aiming for, as this will have little to do with the original Rare developed title. Could still make for an excellent game.

Hopefully it's not just a cheap cash in on the GE name (although the graphics don't look much to write home about - even on the Wii).

Gameplay Features include:

Play as the likeness of current 007 actor Daniel Craig.
Released exclusively for the Nintendo Wii
4-Player Split Screen gameplay
Online multiplayer modes
Retro graphics
Locations recreated based on 1995 film and 1997 game
Players fight adversaries including Trevelyan and Onnatopp

16 in-game modes, including:

Paintball
Melee Only
You Only Live Twice

robm_2007
15-06-10, 11:04
i dont see why this wouldnt be able to go on the 360 as well. i thought that both Microsoft and Nintendo were being stubborn, and not letting the either party have a remake/remastering/or the original GoldenEye rereleased.:confused:

they took your vid down, Cat. *Lame*

interstellardave
15-06-10, 11:06
I love how they actually try to use the term "retro graphics" as a selling point! That means, prepare to be disappointed as you compare them to what you know they could be like on 360/PS3...

Catracoth
15-06-10, 12:46
I uploaded the video on my own account and edited my above post with the new link :).

Carbonek_0051
15-06-10, 12:51
Oh wow, that looks really good. :eek:

Lara Fan 4Life
15-06-10, 15:15
I really liked the trailer, and thought the graphics actually looked pretty good! :tmb: Hopefully the multiplayer is on par with Nightfire's multiplayer! :cln:

Catracoth
15-06-10, 16:45
You thought the graphics were good? I've seen better graphics on PS2. There's much room for improvement - it looks like the same graphics as Underworld on the aforementioned console. Yuck.

Pietras
15-06-10, 16:47
I just love seeing pressed Brosnan fanboys haha. Go Daniel Craig! <3

Mad Tony
15-06-10, 17:09
Not as good as it first looks when you look at the details (only for the Wii, Craig instead of Brosnan).

matrix54
15-06-10, 21:21
this should be scrapped and started again.

Golden:Source = Win. Looks better then that P.O.S. and retains the Nostalia feel of it :)

SkyPuppy
15-06-10, 21:34
I'm all for this. I still play the N64 version a lot, seeing it remade would just be awesome :D

yep yep! i would ALWAYS be forced to play this with my brothers and sisters, cause that's like all they wanted to play on the N64. i hated the game when i was little, but when i played it again i enjoyed the hell out of it. i so cannot wait for this. :D

spikejones
16-06-10, 08:03
They said that Goldeneye "defined a genre" -- I'm a bit perplexed as to what genre they are talking about. Is it the "movie made game" genre? Because it sure didn't define the FPS genre. That honor goes to DOOM. That aside, I don't like that they changing the "actor" for Bond in the remake. Its just wrong. Brosnan was Bond in the movie and in the original game, as such he should remain as Bond in the new game. I hope they keep the original setup for the game like in the N64 version including the Moneypenny and Q Branch notes you got to read before the missions. IMO that was more meaty than an FMV that every game developer wants to do nowadays. I dunno how I feel about all this. I guess what I'm really hoping they would do is just port the original game over and update the graphics only. Keep the rest the same. Otherwise it just isn't Goldeneye anymore.

Paddy
16-06-10, 09:17
this should be scrapped and started again.

Golden:Source = Win. Looks better then that P.O.S. and retains the Nostalia feel of it :)
Should be Brosnan in the game for mine as he did the Goldeneye film. It wont feel like Goldeneye with Craig as 007.
If Trevelyans actor gets changed too it just wont be Goldeneye period.

robm_2007
16-06-10, 12:31
^maybe they legally have to use Daniel Craig; it might say in his contract that he is to be the person who will portray Bond in any Films and Videogames until his contract expires (and it doesnt expire for another 2 films)

Its probably just a legality issue.

Paddy
16-06-10, 12:39
^maybe they legally have to use Daniel Craig; it might say in his contract that he is to be the person who will portray Bond in any Films and Videogames until his contract expires (and it doesnt expire for another 2 films)

Guess thats fair enough but as I said it definitely wont be anything like Goldeneye if they dont use Sean Bean as Trevelyan.

Alive_and_Funky
16-06-10, 12:57
Will Oddjob still be a midget? :D

Oh, and will there still be the bit where you can get Bond to pretend that he is sick? :p

I'm really hoping that they don't mess this remake up.

robm_2007
16-06-10, 13:20
Will Oddjob still be a midget? :D

Oh, and will there still be the bit where you can get Bond to pretend that he is sick? :p

I'm really hoping that they don't mess this remake up.

Oddjob isnt a midget:confused:

(at least in the movie he isnt; i dont remember what he looks like in any of the games)
------------
what's the pretend to be sick thing about?

Alive_and_Funky
16-06-10, 13:39
Oddjob isnt a midget:confused:

(at least in the movie he isnt; i dont remember what he looks like in any of the games)
------------
what's the pretend to be sick thing about?
In Goldfinger, Oddjob is below the average height. However, in the GoldenEye video game, he is four feet tall (or something). Not exactly a midget, I guess, but when you have someone chopping you downstairs while you are playing as Jaws, he sure feels like one!

As for pretending to be sick, if you wait around in the cell long enough in the second Bunker mission, Bond will attempt to convince the guard that he is ill in an attempt to escape.

miss.haggard
16-06-10, 14:28
http://cdn0.knowyourmeme.com/i/16593/original/vader-nooooo.jpg

Catracoth
18-06-10, 01:10
I really don't understand why this is a Wii exclusive. Activision will reach a much broader audience if it was for all current generation consoles.

Carbonek_0051
18-06-10, 01:12
I would have loved if they put it on PS3 & 360 as well.

At least I'll have more games for the Wii, we don't put the Wii to much use. So it's good we're going to have some good games for it. Assuming this will be good, I am cautiously excited. :)

Catracoth
18-06-10, 01:14
Yes, but a game this good not going to other consoles is just plain criminal. A sin!

star-dust
18-06-10, 03:14

I could be wrong... But in the N64 game it wasn't really Brosnan as Bond anyways... Why does the Bond have to appear as Craig? I think if they used a Bond similar to the N64 Bond it would be better?

Does this make any sense? :vlol:

Catracoth
18-06-10, 05:06

His contract is only for films.

Alpharaider47
18-06-10, 05:15
I've been thinking and perhaps this being wii exclusive isn't so bad? They can always work on another Bond game for the rest of the consoles, it's nice that they're getting some attention again though.

Catracoth
18-06-10, 05:22
But why must GoldenEye (the most famous and best Bond game to date) be the exclusive game? Nothing gets better than GoldenEye. Maybe they'll screw it up :p!

Alpharaider47
18-06-10, 05:23
But why must GoldenEye (the most famous and best Bond game to date) be the exclusive game? Nothing gets better than GoldenEye. Maybe they'll screw it up :p!

If they screw it up I'll grab my BB Walther PPK, don my slightly too small suit and visit their offices and demand a remake!

Paddy
18-06-10, 06:03
His contract is only for films.
Then it should be Brosnan for the game then.

sikasika18
18-06-10, 10:53
Yes, but a game this good not going to other consoles is just plain criminal. A sin!

agree with you 100 %

lunavixen
18-06-10, 11:18
sounds alright, but it'd be better if it was Brosnan as the original game was from his time as Bond (i hate the new actor, as you can probably tell)

Lara Fan 4Life
18-06-10, 11:30
Microsoft wanted Rare to put the original game on XLA, but Nintendo stopped them as the game was originally made for the N64! Nintendo couldn't release the original on Wii arcade as Rare/Microsoft stopped them! Activision now have the rights to the JB games, so they have the right to remake a past JB game if they want, and Nintendo probably asked them to make it an exclusive to a Nintendo console because the original was also on a Nintendo console! It would be way better to have the game released for the PS3, 360 and PC, but that's the decision Activision have made with Nintendo! :/

Catracoth
25-06-10, 23:26
Activision Defends GoldenEye Wii Exclusivity (http://www.tomsguide.com/us/GoldenEye-Wii-Console-Game-FPS,news-7227.html#comments)

Rubbish.

Catracoth
14-07-10, 13:19
I found another article courtesy of CBn:

Activision Reveals Reasoning Behind GoldenEye's Nintendo Exclusivity (http://commanderbond.net/10761/activision-reasoning-behind-goldeneyes-nintendo-exclusivity.html)

“It belongs to the platform that it should be on, which is Nintendo.” – Eurocom primary producer Dawn Pinkney

That's fine and dandy, but they're forgetting that back in the day, the Nintendo 64 was where it was at. These days, the 360 and the PS3 are the dominant consoles since the Wii is more family oriented. They have to realise that despite how the original GoldenEye was a Nintendo title, they're not doing the right thing by keeping the remake a Nintendo Wii exclusive.

Bellends.

Lara Fan 4Life
14-07-10, 14:22
^ But players of the original on the N64 are more than likely owners of a Nintendo Wii! The Wii has a bigger fan base then the PS3 and 360, past shooters such as COD World At War and the port of COD4 on Wii have sold over 1+million copies, which shows there is an audience on the Wii for shooters! But I agree, it would be much better to have the game on the PS3 and 360, getting the best out of the game and reaching more people!

Catracoth
14-07-10, 15:42
^ But players of the original on the N64 are more than likely owners of a Nintendo Wii! The Wii has a bigger fan base then the PS3 and 360...

According to...? I was an avid N64 gamer back in the day and now I'm loyal to the PS3 and 360 ;).

lara c. fan
14-07-10, 15:48
Nintendo 64 was a Nintendo console. The Wii is, once again, a Nintendo console.
Maybe they wanted to remake it only for the Wii because of that.

And have you ever thought that maybe there are other people than you, Mason? You can't use yourself as an example of everyone else.

Catracoth
14-07-10, 15:57
Nintendo 64 was a Nintendo console. The Wii is, once again, a Nintendo console. Maybe they wanted to remake it only for the Wii because of that.

Considering that's what the article said, I believe that's correct.

And have you ever thought that maybe there are other people than you, Mason? You can't use yourself as an example of everyone else.

That's a rather rude and unfair statement to make. I'm not as narcissistic as you're making it out to be. I just fail to understand why they're going through with a Nintendo exclusive - it's isn't logical financially and Activision knows that. Avid gamers are known to be 360 or PS3 owners, and a quick Google search will confirm that.

Not to mention that just because I seem to be the only person here complaining, doesn't mean that I'm acting like I'm the most important. I linked the above article to a James Bond website where I'm a member of, and everyone on the forums are annoyed that it's a Nintendo exclusive. So no, I'm not using myself as an example.

Lara Fan 4Life
14-07-10, 15:59
According to...? I was an avid N64 gamer back in the day and now I'm loyal to the PS3 and 360 ;).

It's a Nintendo console, people who owned a N64, not all of course, would have upgraded to another Nintendo console once it's released! So, Nintendo fans who played the N64 probably own a Wii, Nintendo's latest home console! Same as the PS1, most of it's user base has probably moved onto the PS3!

Catracoth
14-07-10, 16:03
It's a Nintendo console, people who owned a N64, not all of course, would have upgraded to another Nintendo console once it's released! So, Nintendo fans who played the N64 probably own a Wii, Nintendo's latest home console! Same as the PS1, most of it's user base has probably moved onto the PS3!

That's simply put a false assumption. You can't possibly state that it's fact that all previous Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft owners stayed loyal to the company, especially without any proof.

God forbid I use myself as an example, but I was an avid N64 gamer. I then went to PS2 and then to Xbox 360 (before getting a PS3).

lara c. fan
14-07-10, 16:06
That's a rather rude and unfair statement to make. I'm not as narcissistic as you're making it out to be. I just fail to understand why they're going through with a Nintendo exclusive - it's isn't logical financially and Activision knows that. Avid gamers are known to be 360 or PS3 owners, and a quick Google search will confirm that.

Not to mention that just because I seem to be the only person here complaining, doesn't mean that I'm acting like I'm the most important. I linked the above article to a James Bond website where I'm a member of, and everyone on the forums are annoyed that it's a Nintendo exclusive. So no, I'm not using myself as an example.

Maybe they want to actually give an exclusive to the Wii for once? Nothing except the main Nintendo franchises are the party crap is really exclusive to the Wii. Or we just get a watered down one that's been a quick and lazy port. Many have said, even on here I do believe, that making a game solely for the Wii, or one console in general, would improve the quality of the game, as there is much less to do in the time constraints.

I'm quite an avid gamer, and I know others that are and also own a Wii, so ******** to that.

And I cannot be annoyed that a multitude of other games don't even make it to the Wii?

And I'm not aiming to call you narcissistic, Mason, but in that particular bit you used yourself solely as an example.

Jami393
15-07-10, 08:03
Also the original GoldenEye was a Nintendo exclusive to start off with, so why not do it again with the remake. The only bad thing is that it's not Rare who are developing, but Eurocom and Activison have done a really good job of it, and Daniel Craig's Bond fits well into the story.

Reggie
15-07-10, 10:41
Interesting fact while we're on the Brosnan-Craig subject: Goldeneye was originally written with Timothy Dalton in mind.

I don't own a Wii but I really enjoyed the film and original N64 game.

Jami393
15-07-10, 10:47
The original N64 version of the game was one of the best FPS games I've ever been on and so was GoldenEye Rouge Agent. Also someone told me the N64 game did better than the film.

Catracoth
15-07-10, 12:40
...Daniel Craig's Bond fits well into the story.

I disagree.

Interesting fact while we're on the Brosnan-Craig subject: Goldeneye was originally written with Timothy Dalton in mind.

I heard this years ago as well. Quite interesting.

matrix54
15-07-10, 13:09
The original N64 version of the game was one of the best FPS games I've ever been on and so was GoldenEye Rouge Agent. Also someone told me the N64 game did better than the film.

It is :p But, keep in mind. the film is AMAZING!!

MyRaider4Life
15-07-10, 13:31

Cough, have you played Perfect Dark, it's literally sex in a cartridge. And I have to agree with what Mason was talking about a few posts back, it is disappointing/rubbish that they will not be releasing this on the actual Next Gen consoles, I really would not want to play this on the Wii because of its struggling graphical capabilities, the 360 and PS3 would be a much more suited console for this game, even though it started on the 64, an amazing console.

Jami393
15-07-10, 16:00
Cough, have you played Perfect Dark, it's literally sex in a cartridge. And I have to agree with what Mason was talking about a few posts back, it is disappointing/rubbish that they will not be releasing this on the actual Next Gen consoles, I really would not want to play this on the Wii because of its struggling graphical capabilities, the 360 and PS3 would be a much more suited console for this game, even though it started on the 64, an amazing console.

Yeah I have played Perfect Dark infact I have still got it on an original cart, also I agree about the graphical capabilities between 360/PS3 and Wii, but maybe Eurocom and Activision wanted to publish only on Wii, because the original was out only with Nintendo and the N64.

MyRaider4Life
16-07-10, 02:07
Yeah I have played Perfect Dark infact I have still got it on an original cart, also I agree about the graphical capabilities between 360/PS3 and Wii, but maybe Eurocom and Activision wanted to publish only on Wii, because the original was out only with Nintendo and the N64.

:tmb: I love it when I hear people say that, makes me go all tingly inside. :p

Palace Midas
16-07-10, 17:28
The original N64 version of the game was one of the best FPS games I've ever been on and so was GoldenEye Rouge Agent.

This comment make me puke...really. Rogue Agent isn't even as good as The World is Not Enough and Nightfire. It was carbage when it came out and it's still carbage. I rather play Serious Sam if i want a mindless shooter.

Catracoth
16-07-10, 17:40
Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean it's garbage. GE: Rogue Agent attracted a wide audience. True, it didn't do well, especially in the Bond universe, but a lot of people liked it. So evidently, it isn't garbage.

Carbonek_0051
16-07-10, 17:43
...but a lot of people liked it.

They did? I thought it was pretty much hated by a lot of people, and it got mediocre reviews.

Catracoth
16-07-10, 17:46
I've heard a good percentage of positive words toward the game - not as a Bond game, but as an action/shooter.

Jami393
17-07-10, 10:15
This comment make me puke...really. Rogue Agent isn't even as good as The World is Not Enough and Nightfire. It was carbage when it came out and it's still carbage. I rather play Serious Sam if i want a mindless shooter.

Hey I thought Rouge Agent was a good bond game, what got me into it even more was the fact it was an FPS and I haven't played The World is Not Enough and Nightfire what was they out for. Also Serious Sam looks too cartoony for my likeing so I agree with you there.

Catracoth
29-07-10, 21:18
GoldenEye 007 - A PS3 Version is a Possibility (http://www.fpstime.com/2010/07/goldeneye-007-a-ps3-version-is-a-possibility/)

As you probably know, GoldenEye 007 remake will be on Wii. It’s a pretty hostile platform for FPS games and the very anticipated remake wasn’t expected on Wii by the fans. They would have prefered a beautiful remake on PS3 or Xbox 360. After all, GoldenEye was on N64 and stays on Nintendo’s console.

But Activision’s producer Dawn Pinkney is pretty confident into the Wii remake.

"No, I mean, for our game – did I go through all the different controllers we’ve got? ‘We’ve got Classic Controller play, we’ve got the Gamecube controller, we’ve got the Zapper, we’ve obviously got the Wiimote and nunchuk, and we’ve got all these different controllers. And then we have these different control schemes as well.

So we’ve got control schemes for core gamers, control schemes for more casual gamers – so we’ve just totally made it accessible, and obviously Bond is a very popular license anyway, so I don’t see it as a challenge, you know. GoldenEye belongs on a Nintendo platform, we’ve got the accessibility there but also enough for the hardcore gamers, yes."

(source: videogamedaily)

However, a PS3 port with the Playstation Move controller wasn’t denied: she just avoided the question with: ‘that’s not something I can discuss.’ If there was the slightest chance it could be real, I would buy it!!
Effectively, Dead Space, which was a Wii exclusivity, has been ported on PS3 to take profit of the PM controller and Dead Space 2 will be released in January 2011.

GoldenEye 007 is set for November 2nd, 2010 and a DS version is under development.

Paddy
29-07-10, 21:19
Rogue Agent was pretty **** lol I must admit that. Not as bad as some of the other games but really wasnt good imo.

michaeldt
31-07-10, 04:47
I really hope it does come to the PSMove :/ I've never played the original and I would love to experience this

WSOwen02
31-07-10, 06:41
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii256/unexsistant/goldeneye.jpg

uzivatel
31-07-10, 08:13
Another James Bond game by the guys who did Quantum of Solace? I am surprised there are people who actually care.

michaeldt
31-07-10, 10:45
^its because the original Goldeneye game was such a big, ground breaking first person shooter

TheBloodRed
31-07-10, 10:56
Sad but true that this is OLD NEWS. :ton:

Sure I'd like to have seen Brosnan back in his own role but meh I guess they are trying to push Daniel Craig as much as they can.

(plus he was in a Tomb Raider movie so maybe TRF can give him a break? :P)

Paddy
31-07-10, 11:20
Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean it's garbage. GE: Rogue Agent attracted a wide audience. True, it didn't do well, especially in the Bond universe, but a lot of people liked it. So evidently, it isn't garbage.
And vice versa, if someone thinks its good, doesnt automatically make it so either.

Sir Croft
31-07-10, 19:02
Watch Activision ruin a classic.

Catracoth
01-08-10, 03:00
Watch Activision ruin a classic.

I pray they don't, but it feels inevitable, doesn't it?

Sir Croft
01-08-10, 06:04
I pray they don't, but it feels inevitable, doesn't it?

Indeed. Why would they replace Brosnan with Daniel Craig? That's pointless. Plus, I hate Daniel Craig as Bond because he's far from being what a real James Bond is.

Catracoth
01-08-10, 14:30
They wanted to "modernise" it. Hell, all they did was confuse people. I mean, Daniel Craig has aspects of the real James Bond, but I think the best one was Sir Sean Connery.

Alpharaider47
01-08-10, 18:20
Indeed. Why would they replace Brosnan with Daniel Craig? That's pointless. Plus, I hate Daniel Craig as Bond because he's far from being what a real James Bond is.

Just remember James Bond *isn't* real, and in Casino Royale and Quantum of Solace he's a new agent, not a super spy. Can you really expect him to be what the other Bond's were on his first two missions? One of those missions being clouded by a quest for vengeance... :whi:

Catracoth
01-08-10, 18:40
I think Sir Croft is referring to the classic James Bond, derived from Ian Fleming's novels.

Paddy
02-08-10, 02:38
Just remember James Bond *isn't* real, and in Casino Royale and Quantum of Solace he's a new agent, not a super spy. Can you really expect him to be what the other Bond's were on his first two missions? One of those missions being clouded by a quest for vengeance... :whi:
Which is why I dont like Craigs movies as much as the others, something about them didnt feel as much like a 007 movie to me.

Catracoth
02-08-10, 16:03
I just got my August issue of GameInformer in the post, and there's a small article regarding GoldenEye 007. Basically, the article touches on the controversy of Activision's game being a remake of Rare's original 1997 game, when in fact it's a completely new game based on the film, despite the blatant homages. It was an okay read.