PDA

View Full Version : Lord of the rings platinum trophy not possible?

michaeldt
07-06-10, 07:35
I was thinking about getting Lord Of The Rings: Conquest, but now I've heard that he platinum trophy is not possible anymore because EA removed the online servers and there were some online trophies in the game, but why hasn't EA removed the online trophies from the game or make it possible to get the platinum? :o I may not get Lord Of The Rings: Conquest now, I've also heard that the game was built ground up and optimized for multiplayer too....

WSOwen02
07-06-10, 09:59
If they took down the servers, it would be because the game did not sell very well. Removing and adding different trophies would be a pretty big effort that would be of no benefit to EA.

interstellardave
07-06-10, 10:40
Developers need to take into account that most games with online are not going to have huge, vibrant, communities of players. They should keep online trophies and achievements at a minimum for games that are not in the "can't miss" catagory.

Also I've never understood why--and I think it's stupid that--the platinum trophy in every PS3 game is for getting all the other trophies. That's lazy; come up with a specific task, just like all the others. I mean, it's a trophy for getting trophies... that's just weird.

Ward Dragon
07-06-10, 11:21
Also I've never understood why--and I think it's stupid that--the platinum trophy in every PS3 game is for getting all the other trophies. That's lazy; come up with a specific task, just like all the others. I mean, it's a trophy for getting trophies... that's just weird.

I think the sole purpose of the platinum trophies is so that you can see at a glance which games have been completed 100%, kind of like how the 360 has that window for completed games where you've gotten the max possible gamer score :)

In any case, I agree that online achievements/trophies suck. I don't bother with them, but it's still annoying to see that I can't get all of the achievements just because I don't like multiplayer (much less winning a hundred matches or whatever other stupid online achievements require).

irjudd
07-06-10, 12:05
Not getting a game just because of a trophy? Wow, I honestly can't imagine the rationale behind that.

Legend of Lara
07-06-10, 12:13
Not getting a game just because of a trophy? Wow, I honestly can't imagine the rationale behind that.

Well, er, the game got pretty dire reviews.
And it has to be a bit frustrating to never be able to get 100%, right?

Paddy
07-06-10, 12:18
I agree. Most games I play have a load of online achievements which I cant be arsed getting, I dont play games solely for them or wouldnt decline a game because an achievement was impossible :p

ozzman
07-06-10, 12:22
i play games all the time, alot of them with Little to No Trophies unlocked. the only one i have all for is Dynasty Warriors 6/Empires, and TR Legend. but i hate online Trophis, such as the RE5 ones, i HATE solo survivors. if it looks good, i'd still get the game >.>

michaeldt
07-06-10, 12:57

I like getting platinum trophies :)

Alex Fly
07-06-10, 13:14
I know this can be frustrating. I hear ya ! ;)

So I've just had a look on PS3Trophies.org and yep according to them the platinum is definitely no longer possible.

interstellardave
07-06-10, 14:41
Most games I can never get all trophies or achievements... particularly when there's a lot of online effort required. You usually have to spend a lot of time on a game to get the online achievements and trophies and I don't have the time or desire to do that. There's always other games I want to play!

da tomb raider!
07-06-10, 16:21
Welcome to my world! No online gameplay for me! :p If you're interested in the game, I'd suggest you give it a go regardless of whether or not you can get the Platinum trophy. Must be plenty of other trophies to get, after all. And besides, they're only trophies.

Ward Dragon
07-06-10, 23:33
Most games I can never get all trophies or achievements... particularly when there's a lot of online effort required. You usually have to spend a lot of time on a game to get the online achievements and trophies and I don't have the time or desire to do that. There's always other games I want to play!

Exactly :D With some games I look at the requirements for the online achievements (win 100 deathmatches, kill 1000 enemies, etc.) and I just laugh and move on to the next game :p

spikejones
07-06-10, 23:39
most games i play once and discard for life.