PDA

View Full Version : Natal Review in Parade Magazine

Samsdad
08-06-10, 13:19
http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2010/06/07/Parade-Magazine-Writer-Test-Drives-Natal-And-Films-It.aspx

Parade is a magazine that is included in most Sunday Newspapers in the US. Gives you an idea of the target market that MS has in mind for Natal.

irjudd
08-06-10, 13:53
Parade is a magazine that is included in most Sunday Newspapers in the US.

It is? I've never heard of it, and I work in the newspaper industry! Hmm...

interstellardave
08-06-10, 14:37
I remember Parade... way back in the day when actual paper newspapers were relevant! Who really reads them anymore, though?

just*raidin*tomb
08-06-10, 14:55
Wow...that was extremely lame. Won't be getting it. Especially if it involves random flailing of limbs. That's gotta get boring fast.

Flyin11
08-06-10, 15:00
I remember Parade... way back in the day when actual paper newspapers were relevant! Who really reads them anymore, though?

My parents are old fashioned...They have a PC but don't even like getting on the internet or really know how and they are PC illiterate. So, the paper is nice to have to read on Sunday's with all the ads and news and all ;) Not everybody in the world gets online and is able to check ads online....

It is? I've never heard of it, and I work in the newspaper industry! Hmm...

You do and you have never heard of the insert that's usually in the Sunday paper every week called Parade? :whi:

interstellardave
08-06-10, 15:02
"Random" is what the Wii controls often are (for some games). The very nature of Natal controls means they cannot be random. It seems to me you literally have to "do" what you want your character to do.

NOTE: I don't think this thing will succeed, 'cause I don't think there's a market for an add-on like this, but the tech is impressive.

Samsdad
08-06-10, 15:07
I think the success is going to be based on the creativity of the software and not necessarily the hardward. The Goalie game mentioned in the article would be pretty cool.

Lara's home
08-06-10, 19:58
This just looks so incredibly lulz that I probably have to get Natal.
Not that I will. ;p

Minty Mouth
08-06-10, 20:01
What the hell was that :confused: 0_0

Samsdad
08-06-10, 20:06
It was interesting to watch the two little boys in the video. One looked like he could not quite make out what was going on. The other was just having a great time. It is the uninhibited ones like the second little guy that may be the ones pushing their parents to get one of these things. (We all know that "hard core" gamers are just too cool to flail around like that)

Minty Mouth
08-06-10, 20:07
It was interesting to watch the two little boys in the video. One looked like he could not quite make out what was going on. The other was just having a great time. It is the uninhibited ones like the second little guy that may be the ones pushing their parents to get one of these things. (We all know that "hard core" gamers are just too cool to flail around like that)

If I wanna flail around, I can do it for free, not pay the same amount as a handheld console!

Samsdad
08-06-10, 20:20
If I wanna flail around, I can do it for free, not pay the same amount as a handheld console!

Case in point.

Minty Mouth
08-06-10, 20:21
Case in point.

Pray tell, why?

Samsdad
08-06-10, 20:52
Pray tell, why?

Natal obviously holds no appeal for you.

The hard core gamer is obviously not the target for Natal. The application of Natal to the type of game a "gamer" plays is not obvious or even possible.

I have been trying to understand just where the target market for Natal is. A portion is the casual gamer market, but Nintendo and Sony are also working that market. But Natal has an appeal to the individual like that little boy in which there is a degree of immersion that the use of a wand does not match. But there has to be a certain willingness to just throw yourself into the experience. That little boy was having a great time and would not care whether he was "flailing about" or not.

Tangentially, I can also see Natal appealing to the supertechy individuals that can picture themselves controlling their electronic devices with a wave of their hands. Imagine surfing the internet, from a seat in your living room, without touching anything. So the market strategy maybe more long range.

Love2Raid
08-06-10, 20:54
I'm not very impressed yet, but I must admit it's cool to see multiple people playing at the same time (I guess that's revolutionary?). Not my cup of tea though, I'll go to the gym for my work out. :o

igonge
08-06-10, 22:40
Opened the link, saw this :p

http://gameinformer.com/resized-image.ashx/__size/610x0/__key/CommunityServer.Blogs.Components.WeblogFiles/00.00.00.00.06/0181.Flail.jpg

and ran :vlol:

Lara's home
08-06-10, 22:41
^:vlol:

just*raidin*tomb
08-06-10, 22:51
Yeah that was hilarious. :vlol:

robm_2007
08-06-10, 22:52
Im liking the PS Move more so far, and i prefer 360 over PS3.

i hope that the Natal gets some good games for it; if i were to buy it, i wouldnt buy it for the silly "Wave your arms and legs to deflect (Insert Object)" titles. Maybe if i get a job or save some of my student loan money, i'll buy it for games like Fable III.

igonge
08-06-10, 22:52
Is she playing a hip hop dancing game? :vlol:

Nausinous
09-06-10, 06:53
I think people are missing the point with Natal. The hardware isn't focused on just family games with 'faililing your limbs around', if developers take a serious interest you could be looking at F.P.S, action adventures and other genres where you actively become the games avatar, which is more awesome than anything I can possibly imagine.

Lara's home
09-06-10, 09:47
I think people are missing the point with Natal. The hardware isn't focused on just family games with 'faililing your limbs around', if developers take a serious interest you could be looking at F.P.S, action adventures and other genres where you actively become the games avatar, which is more awesome than anything I can possibly imagine.

How is that going to work? Do we have to stand all the time, holding our arms out as if we're holding a gun? Are we going to jog around in the living room and jump onto the table (to climb on platforms, etc), or what?

Only idea that seems remotely fun with Natal, would be fightings games, though I have no idea how that could work out. Making combos would be near impossible, and how will your character be stunned if you are knocked down in-game, etc?

I just don't see how you can make many creative ideas with Natal...
Im liking the PS Move more so far, and i prefer 360 over PS3.

i hope that the Natal gets some good games for it; if i were to buy it, i wouldnt buy it for the silly "Wave your arms and legs to deflect (Insert Object)" titles. Maybe if i get a job or save some of my student loan money, i'll buy it for games like Fable III.

If anything, I prefer the Wii. It's enough with one console going with motion controls. I generally don't like motion controls. And if you think about it, the most popular titles barely even use motion controls. (Mario, Zelda, Super smash bros, partyl Mario kart. Though you can steer it with the Wheel-thing, it's a lot better to just use to gamecube control..)

Plus the fact that Sony basically confirmed that they will be playing it safe, and try not to be too creative, since that is risky, and it's a lot more expensive to develop for the PS3.

igonge
09-06-10, 12:03
If anything, I prefer the Wii. It's enough with one console going with motion controls.

Well PS3 already has motion controls, all sony seem to be doing with PS move is cashing in on the Wii lol. I'll probably buy it anyway :D

Lara's home
09-06-10, 14:11
Well PS3 already has motion controls, all sony seem to be doing with PS move is cashing in on the Wii lol. I'll probably buy it anyway :D

I wonder what they were thinking with the sixaxis. I think that one is lamer than Natal. :p

Flyin11
09-06-10, 15:22
For the most part, this is the same as the Wii. People are commenting they look stupid doing this and everything...well, people look stupid doing stuff with the Wii but people are also enjoying it and Nintendo is raking in the bucks. People love that Exercise Pad thing as well and they dance on that and look stupid too. Just saying, I think it's funny that people are critizing this and saying how funny the people look when they look funny themselves doing things on the Wii :rolleyes:

Minty Mouth
09-06-10, 16:08
Impossible! How would you move your character? How would you manipulate the camera? How would you open up a status screen?

Samsdad
09-06-10, 16:21
For the most part, this is the same as the Wii. People are commenting they look stupid doing this and everything...well, people look stupid doing stuff with the Wii but people are also enjoying it and Nintendo is raking in the bucks. People love that Exercise Pad thing as well and they dance on that and look stupid too. Just saying, I think it's funny that people are critizing this and saying how funny the people look when they look funny themselves doing things on the Wii :rolleyes:

Indeed the basic concept is the same. The interface is the difference. It is interesting to note that in several futuristic games such as ME2 there are people interacting with computers by just moving their hands. Touch pads on things like IPads, computers and many mobile phones have abandoned things like styluses infavor of a more direct interaction.

The biggest thing that is missing in things like the Wii or Wave(Is that what Sony is calling they thing?) or Natal is some form of tactile feedback. Imagine some form of a glove that was designed to receive impulses to simulate what you would feel. That would be a very nice add on.

@Minty It becomes a matter of clever software design. Let's say you have a HUD that surrounds the edges of the screen. On the HUD you have various designated spots for various actions. The software deteccts which spot you are pointing at and then performs the action coded with that hotspot. Most games are limited by the number of buttons and two joysticks on a typical controller, I would imagine that you could have a number of hot spots that would excede that by multiple factors.

Minty Mouth
09-06-10, 16:27
Indeed the basic concept is the same. The interface is the difference. It is interesting to note that in several futuristic games such as ME2 there are people interacting with computers by just moving their hands. Touch pads on things like IPads, computers and many mobile phones have abandoned things like styluses infavor of a more direct interaction.

The biggest thing that is missing in things like the Wii or Wave(Is that what Sony is calling they thing?) or Natal is some form of tactile feedback. Imagine some form of a glove that was designed to receive impulses to simulate what you would feel. That would be a very nice add on.
That woulkd make the system complete. It would enable for movement and a much deeper level of interaction. Why haven't they already done it, I wonder?

Lara's home
09-06-10, 17:18

Not really. If the PS3 move is as sensitive, effective, or whatever, people will actually have to do the movements in order to get the character to mimick them. Anyone with half a brain, playing the Wii, only flicks the controls slightly to get the job done. It's nothing like the commercials...

Zebra
09-06-10, 17:36

In this post you're, of course, assuming that everyone loves the Wii and doesn't find people playing a Wii game with motion controls looking stupid. Seriously, who said it doesn't look dumb on the Wii?

lara c. fan
09-06-10, 17:39
That woulkd make the system complete. It would enable for movement and a much deeper level of interaction. Why haven't they already done it, I wonder?

They did have something for the PC, ages ago. Its name eludes me, but I think, for an example, if somebody on one end of the link squeezed their hand, the person on the other end would feel it, due to air pockets inside the glove.

Carbonek_0051
09-06-10, 17:40
I don't care what anyone says, I am getting Natal first day. ^_^

]{eith
09-06-10, 17:41
I really want to get it. I think it's gonna be awesome :D

Nausinous
09-06-10, 18:15
How is that going to work? Do we have to stand all the time, holding our arms out as if we're holding a gun? Are we going to jog around in the living room and jump onto the table (to climb on platforms, etc), or what?

Only idea that seems remotely fun with Natal, would be fightings games, though I have no idea how that could work out. Making combos would be near impossible, and how will your character be stunned if you are knocked down in-game, etc?

I just don't see how you can make many creative ideas with Natal...

If anything, I prefer the Wii. It's enough with one console going with motion controls. I generally don't like motion controls. And if you think about it, the most popular titles barely even use motion controls. (Mario, Zelda, Super smash bros, partyl Mario kart. Though you can steer it with the Wheel-thing, it's a lot better to just use to gamecube control..)

Plus the fact that Sony basically confirmed that they will be playing it safe, and try not to be too creative, since that is risky, and it's a lot more expensive to develop for the PS3.

Impossible! How would you move your character? How would you manipulate the camera? How would you open up a status screen?

Well I think the pair of you being really narrow minded, considering that the future of gaming is in my opinion to be controller free.

How do you control the movements of you character? Well simple, you do everything your character would do but on the spot, there is no need to be dramatic and talk about jumping on tables. If you want to run, you run on the spot, if you want to leap, you push your couch back a little bit and jog on the spot really fast and then leap forward. It's not really a mentally challenging concept to be honest. If you want to turn your character without actually turning the character itself, you would simply press your foot on the floor and sweep it to the left or right. You'd be able to access menu's via gestures of your hand and look around using your head to look around.

Be creative for god sake, this isn't the Wii controlling just using a virtual cursor to the move the camera this is full blown control using your actual body and movements. This is for the first time being able to touch the gaming universe without preset animations tied to buttons, you can freely do whatever you want! If this isn't a revolution in gaming to you then I don't know what is?

lara c. fan
09-06-10, 18:21
. You'd be able to access menu's via gestures of your hand and look around using your head to look around.

So you'd turn your head away from the screen to look around on something on the screen?

Nausinous
09-06-10, 18:23
So you'd turn your head away from the screen to look around on something on the screen?

No, read my post, I said to turn the camera/character you'd sweep your foot in arc to either the left or the right.

lara c. fan
09-06-10, 18:24
No, read my post, if I said to turn the camera you'd sweep your foot in arc to either the left or the right.

So what would you turn your head for?

Lara's home
09-06-10, 18:25
This is an idea that wont really work out hardcore, if you ask me. How will you make the character pull up from a ledge? Combos in a fighting game or hack and slash games, firing a gun, use special movements (such as hyper speed, wall-jumping, etc). If you have a weapon you need to charge up, fire quickly, change weapons, etc, etc, etc.
You would have to be god damn creative to make that work.

I just don't see how it could work out for any game that is not targeted for the casual market. As I've already mentioned; 90% of the real successful Wii titles barely even use the motion controls.

Motion controls are just like touchscreen imo. It looks fancy, but is in every way just worse.

Nausinous
09-06-10, 18:29
This is an idea that wont really work out hardcore, if you ask me. How will you make the character pull up from a ledge? Combos in a fighting game or hack and slash games, firing a gun, use special movements (such as hyper speed, wall-jumping, etc). If you have a weapon you need to charge up, fire quickly, change weapons, etc, etc, etc.
You would have to be god damn creative to make that work.

I just don't see how it could work out for any game that is not targeted for the casual market. As I've already mentioned; 90% of the real successful Wii titles barely even use the motion controls.

Motion controls are just like touchscreen imo. It looks fancy, but is in every way just worse.

You'd have to mimic some actions like pulling up from a ledge. So you'd probably have to have your arms raised above you and then you'd lower them down to show your climbing up.

The wii can't make good motion control games because it's a glorified cursor/mouse in your hand and there is nothing innovative about that.

Lara's home
09-06-10, 18:31
Natal seems to be pretty similar to Eye-toy.. Or am I wrong about that?

lara c. fan
09-06-10, 18:33
Natal seems to be pretty similar to Eye-toy.. Or am I wrong about that?

An upgraded Eye-Toy, pretty much.

Nausinous, you didn't answer my question.

Minty Mouth
09-06-10, 18:39
Your explanation is full of holes!

[RANT]
If you want to run, you run on the spot, if you want to leap, you push your couch back a little bit and jog on the spot really fast and then leap forward.
You suggest that walking on the spot is an ideal way to move a character? OK, if you can keep up with Nathan Drake or Lara Croft's running good on you. And How about running in any way other than in a straight line? Not to mention your explanation for jumping forwards requires you to reposition yourself entirely, not only before the jump, but afterwards. Even if that could be combatted you would have to deal with games where there were no fast paced sections because running turning and jumping, then starting to run again, or even jump straight away again would be impossible

If you want to turn your character without actually turning the character itself, you would simply press your foot on the floor and sweep it to the left or right. You'd be able to access menu's via gestures of your hand and look around using your head to look around.

You don't think it's likely that Natal would misread gestures of the hand as trying to jump for a ledge, or climb something? And using your head to look around? That doesn't make any sense. You have to keep looking at the screen to be able to play!

Carbonek_0051
09-06-10, 18:45
I don't see why any of this matters, if you don't want to buy it then fine. I don't see the point in arguing about it, and likewise for people who want to buy it. :o

Minty Mouth
09-06-10, 18:46
I don't see why any of this matters, if you don't want to buy it then fine. I don't see the point in arguing about it, and likewise for people who want to buy it. :o

Discussion forum, Nate, discussion :p

If someone calls me narrow minded I will defend myself.

Carbonek_0051
09-06-10, 18:48
I know, but everytime I see Natal brought up, there is always someone trying to "prove" how bad it will be. :/

I don't see the point, unless you are trying to change someone's opinion.

Minty Mouth
09-06-10, 18:50
I know, but everytime I see Natal brought up, there is always someone trying to "prove" how bad it will be. :/

Just trying to justify my reasons for not being at all impressed. Better than coming here, leaving a spam message of how cool/awful it will be then leaving.

(Not aimed at anyone directly :p)

Carbonek_0051
09-06-10, 18:52
Just trying to justify my reasons for not being at all impressed. Better than coming here, leaving a spam message of how cool/awful it will be then leaving.

(Not aimed at anyone directly :p)

You're mean.

I love the idea of Natal, I am going to have seven of them and you're not allowed to come over and play! :(

Minty Mouth
09-06-10, 18:54
You're mean.

I love the idea of Natal, I am going to have seven of them and you're not allowed to come over and play! :(

You're mean for depriving six other people of the pleasures of Natal, then! :(

lara c. fan
09-06-10, 18:56

You had the very same thing that went on, no, still goes on, with the Wii.

Lara's home
09-06-10, 19:23

I don't relly get what you mean with this.. Isn't this how all discussions are like? :p

Samsdad
09-06-10, 19:28
I think that we might see two types of Natal games.

The first is where the gamer and the avatar are identical. This would work well with many driving games, sports games, casual games, and pretty much everything we have seen with the Wii.

The second type is where the gamer manipulates objects in the game through the use of hand or other gestures. This could be as simple as very basic puzzle games or as complex as manning the control console of an interstellar battle cruiser. The limitation of just a few buttons and joysticks is removed.

Games such as a FPS would probably work as a combination of the two types. Movement could be handled by an array of movement commands located at the edge of the screen. Body position, aiming, throwing grenades, etc would mimic the gamer. A creative combination of the two opens up some interseting possibilities.

Lara's home
09-06-10, 19:37
In the end though, wont many things have to be sacrificed in order for it to be a full motion-capture game? I would also imagine that the system could have trouble reading some of your movements, if the game has many different movement mechanics. I doubt double jump would even work? Jump in the air, and wave your arms?

Movement in itself will also be pretty difficult. It should work fine for a driving game, skateboard-game, fighting, or any game where the character is moving forwards by itself (For example the dragon thing that is shown on the Natal trailer). But navigating any directed that is not straight forwards would be incredibly tiring. The camera would also have to be fully automatic; Something I am not a fan of.

And immagine a game like Tomb Raider Anniversary. 60% of the game consists of ledgehopping, etc. How could that possibly work, while being any fun at all. (This is an example. No use in saying "But TR:A wasn't fun" etc).
The gameplay will also undoubtably be slower. There's no way developers can expect us to react as quickly with our entire bodies, like we can with our fingers.
The real thing I wonder, is just how much has to be sacrificed in order for a game to be partly or fully controller-free?

EDIT: I thought of another thing. How would the camera work in a FPS game? The essential part of it, is that we control the camera as if it were our own eyes. How could that even be possible with Natal?
And as I've mentioned several times before, Combos would not work. Forget about fancy GoW3, NinjaGaiden and DoA combos. In the best-case scenario (At least the best I can imagine), I imagine that they would implent a "grab" command that would stun the foe while you figure out what to do next. This would slow down the gameplay significantly, taking out half of the fun..

Samsdad
09-06-10, 20:05
In the end though, wont many things have to be sacrificed in order for it to be a full motion-capture game? I would also imagine that the system could have trouble reading some of your movements, if the game has many different movement mechanics. I doubt double jump would even work? Jump in the air, and wave your arms?

Movement in itself will also be pretty difficult. It should work fine for a driving game, skateboard-game, fighting, or any game where the character is moving forwards by itself (For example the dragon thing that is shown on the Natal trailer). But navigating any directed that is not straight forwards would be incredibly tiring. The camera would also have to be fully automatic; Something I am not a fan of.

And immagine a game like Tomb Raider Anniversary. 60% of the game consists of ledgehopping, etc. How could that possibly work, while being any fun at all. (This is an example. No use in saying "But TR:A wasn't fun" etc).
The gameplay will also undoubtably be slower. There's no way developers can expect us to react as quickly with our entire bodies, like we can with our fingers.
The real thing I wonder, is just how much has to be sacrificed in order for a game to be partly or fully controller-free?

EDIT: I thought of another thing. How would the camera work in a FPS game? The essential part of it, is that we control the camera as if it were our own eyes. How could that even be possible with Natal?
And as I've mentioned several times before, Combos would not work. Forget about fancy GoW3, NinjaGaiden and DoA combos. In the best-case scenario (At least the best I can imagine), I imagine that they would implent a "grab" command that would stun the foe while you figure out what to do next. This would slow down the gameplay significantly, taking out half of the fun..

Think of it this way. There is nothing that says you have to hold a piece of plastic with a variety of buttons and joysticks in your hand. In a FPS you look aroung with movement of the right joystick. You could do the same thing with the movement of your right hand. Currently you move with the movement of the left joystick. Do the same with the movement of your left hand.

Combos are button mashing in a particular sequence. How about accomplishing the same thing by pointing to one spot on the edge of the screen. Probably much faster.

I am guessing that anything that can be done with a controller can be done without one. Instead of saying that it can not be done, ask yourself how you could do it.

Minty Mouth
09-06-10, 20:15
Think of it this way. There is nothing that says you have to hold a piece of plastic with a variety of buttons and joysticks in your hand. In a FPS you look aroung with movement of the right joystick. You could do the same thing with the movement of your right hand. Currently you move with the movement of the left joystick. Do the same with the movement of your left hand.

Combos are button mashing in a particular sequence. How about accomplishing the same thing by pointing to one spot on the edge of the screen. Probably much faster.

I am guessing that anything that can be done with a controller can be done without one. Instead of saying that it can not be done, ask yourself how you could do it.

If that's the case, then what's the point? Doesn't sound much more fun than a regular controller to me. Sounds like unecessary trouble.

Lara's home
09-06-10, 20:21
The first example you brought up is seems pretty good imo, though reacting would be hell (for example, someone attacks from behind) unless you constantly keep your arm ready.

The second one however, seems to be much more complicated than it would without. And I would feel pretty robbed if I did my combos bu pointing at the screen, but that's a matter of opinion.

I don't say it's impossible. But it would have to make sense, and at least be fun. Not to mock your idea, but pointing at the screen is not my idea of having a good time with motion controls. Besides, unless there are like 3 combos in the game all-together, I can immagine a lot of reading errors by the program, thinking you actually did a different movement and make a completely different combo, but that's not the point.

The only real market for motion-control games are the casual market, with their party games etc. I am speaking from experience with the Wii, and I don't see how Natal (and especially PS Move) would be any different. Except for less risky moves, since it's a lot more expensive to develop for them, adding the addition costs that should come by making it with motion-controls.

Nausinous
09-06-10, 20:27
Your explanation is full of holes!

You suggest that walking on the spot is an ideal way to move a character? OK, if you can keep up with Nathan Drake or Lara Croft's running good on you. And How about running in any way other than in a straight line? Not to mention your explanation for jumping forwards requires you to reposition yourself entirely, not only before the jump, but afterwards. Even if that could be combatted you would have to deal with games where there were no fast paced sections because running turning and jumping, then starting to run again, or even jump straight away again would be impossible

You don't think it's likely that Natal would misread gestures of the hand as trying to jump for a ledge, or climb something? And using your head to look around? That doesn't make any sense. You have to keep looking at the screen to be able to play!

As I say, I haven't got a perfected version how the controls would be run, it's not even like my idea will ever be implemented into a game but that is the kind of thing I would personally love to play as a video game. So I completely agree with you that is flawed and I'm sorry for calling you narrow minded, I just think you should be more open minded when it comes to criticizing this new hardware, consider all the possibilities before writing it off as a copy of the Wii or eye toy ... Of which it is neither because the technology runs off your actual body movements and not tracking of a hand held device.

Samsdad
09-06-10, 20:43
I have always believed that it is the game that should be fun and not the interface.

@Minty In the current situation combos generally involve memorizing a particular sequence of button presses. But as you learn more combos the amount to remember increases and the room for error likewise increases. So a fair portion of the game is training your self to get these button sequences to become reflexive. To me that is really boring. How about having the new combos added to an array of icons on the edge of the screen and then focusing on strategy in selecting the most favorable set of attacks. To me that is more fun and less likely to develop carpal tunnel syndrome.

@Lara's Home I am guessing that there is a certain visceral satifaction to pounding on a controller when you are playing a fighting game. Button mashers are not one of my favorites so I would be perfectly happy with an alternative type of interface.

Minty Mouth
09-06-10, 21:05
@Minty In the current situation combos generally involve memorizing a particular sequence of button presses. But as you learn more combos the amount to remember increases and the room for error likewise increases. So a fair portion of the game is training your self to get these button sequences to become reflexive. To me that is really boring. How about having the new combos added to an array of icons on the edge of the screen and then focusing on strategy in selecting the most favorable set of attacks. To me that is more fun and less likely to develop carpal tunnel syndrome.

I suppoose it comes down to personal preference. I love fighting games for example. I play Soulcalibur pretty intensively, and I wouldn't change the deep complex thought processes for any limitations brought about by losing a controller. Having the combos sort of . . . done for you, so you just have to string them together (I don't know if that's what you're suggesting?) would take a lot of the satisfaction and skill out of it for me.