PDA

View Full Version : My 360 won't turn on :(

Glašon
10-06-10, 06:05
Has this happened to anyone before? I didn't get any RRoD's, and I've never had problems with it before.

The LED on the power converter isn't lighting up either - power surge maybe? Has anyone had to replace their's before?

robm_2007
10-06-10, 06:07
try another outlet, maybe:(

Glašon
10-06-10, 06:10
I have :(

It's so depressing. Googling myself blind now, trying to see what to do.

Dingaling
10-06-10, 06:26
This happens to me quite regularly now.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907588

Try all of the steps here. The faceplate one or the 'wait for the power brick to cool down' ones usually work. If none of those work then there's a link at the end to fill in for a console repair form :). Sorry to hear about this problem, I know how frustrating it can be.

TheBloodRed
10-06-10, 06:54
At least you didn't get the E 74... I got that :cen: and am highly ****ed off!!

Glašon
10-06-10, 07:00
This happens to me quite regularly now.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907588

Try all of the steps here. The faceplate one or the 'wait for the power brick to cool down' ones usually work. If none of those work then there's a link at the end to fill in for a console repair form :). Sorry to hear about this problem, I know how frustrating it can be.

I already went through all that, and I know its not an overheating problem - because I haven't turned the thing on in a couple of days now. I started filling in a repair form, but it seemed they wanted me to ship the xbox to them, which is just silly. So I ebayed a replacement powerbrick - set myself back $80, so I hope it fixes the problem :(

aussie500
10-06-10, 09:17

I already went through all that, and I know its not an overheating problem - because I haven't turned the thing on in a couple of days now. I started filling in a repair form, but it seemed they wanted me to ship the xbox to them, which is just silly. So I ebayed a replacement powerbrick - set myself back $80, so I hope it fixes the problem :(

Well usually if you want your Xbox 360 fixed and it is still under warranty yes you send it in to them, how else would they fix it? Does not seem silly to me and I have already done it once myself, it was only gone for 4 weeks. I hope it is just the powerbrick, otherwise trying to fix it yourself might get expensive.

Glašon
10-06-10, 10:03
Well sending it away seems silly to me if Im 99% sure it's the powerbrick, that's all. If the new one doesn't work - then I'll happily send the xbox away for Microsoft to take a look at it.

Apathetic
10-06-10, 12:21
Should of got a PS3. :p ( I joke )

pneboy
10-06-10, 12:32
probably figured out it was a xbox 360 and killed itself

Glašon
10-06-10, 12:35
Should of got a PS3. :p ( I joke )

probably figured out it was a xbox 360 and killed itself

I have both consoles. So take your hate-orade and stick it :ton:

Paddy
10-06-10, 12:42
I have both consoles. So take your hate-orade and stick it :ton:
Ignore the troll :) least it wasnt rrod.

Ward Dragon
11-06-10, 05:56
At least you didn't get the E 74... I got that :cen: and am highly ****ed off!!

That's covered by the extended RROD warranty last I checked. You should be able to get it repaired under warranty :)

PoseidonsDeath
11-06-10, 06:08
That happened to me once before. I didn't have it plugged into a Surge Protector, and the power went out. But after a couple days of freaking out, it just randomly came on by itself.

Glašon
11-06-10, 07:04
That happened to me once before. I didn't have it plugged into a Surge Protector, and the power went out. But after a couple days of freaking out, it just randomly came on by itself.

Lmao. After typing this I'm going to go try switching it on. If it spontaneously works, heads will roll. :vlol:

Edit: FML. It's working. :rolleyes:

*insert rant about dodgy Chinese mass-produced crap*