PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic & Old Republic General Thread

Carbonek_0051
14-06-10, 22:48
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/BlooKuKazoo/250px-Kotorbox.jpg

xqUqrv6t4HM

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (KotOR) is a role-playing video game developed by BioWare and published by LucasArts. It was released for the Xbox on July 15, 2003, for Microsoft Windows on November 19, 2003, and on September 7, 2004 for Mac OS X. The Xbox version is playable on Xbox 360 with its Backward Compatibility feature. The PC version was re-released as part of the Star Wars: The Best of PC collection in 2006 as a limited release. The sequel, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II The Sith Lords, was developed by Obsidian Entertainment at BioWare's suggestion as BioWare wanted to focus on their own intellectual properties. Jeremy Soule wrote the soundtrack score for the game.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/BlooKuKazoo/230px-KOTOR_II.jpg

1B8iPLMZZfs

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords (KotOR II) is a role playing video game released for the Xbox and Microsoft Windows. The Xbox version of this sequel to Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic was released on December 6, 2004, while the Windows version was released on February 8, 2005. It was developed by Obsidian Entertainment and published by LucasArts. The music score was composed by Mark Griskey.

http://i55.************/nfioeo.jpg

VjhJcm-lpjc

HBGvAJ6-SsY

A8Q9Ydx_IVE

Star Wars: The Old Republic, abbreviated as SWTOR or TOR, is an upcoming massively multiplayer online role-playing game based in the Star Wars universe. Currently in development by BioWare Austin and a supplemental team at BioWare Edmonton, the game was first announced on October 21, 2008, at an invitation-only press event. The Old Republic will be released as a Windows title

A.k.a. known as one of the greatest SW game series and RPG series of all time. :D I can't wait for TOR! The trailer was beyond epic! I really hope my PC will run it. I recently got KOTOR off steam, and I am loving it all over again. Any other fans of the series?

robm_2007
14-06-10, 22:56
one of my top 5 favorite games is KOTOR 2, much better than the already brilliant KOTOR 1.

it has such a terrific story and characters. i never beat KOTOR 1 cuz the game would freeze durung the last battle:(. but ive beaten KOTOR 2 six times:D.

the KOTOR games really have such good twists to the story and the SW universe (even though i have yet to ever watch a SW film) it is amazing in the games. i love the cantina music that they play, its so catchy:cln:

i think that i would rather have a KOTOR 3 game then TR Origins or a RE2 remake (which i think would be epic if it was real); thats how much i love KOTOR.

Carbonek_0051
14-06-10, 22:59
Yay another KOTOR 2 fan! I know of a lot of people who hated it, I loved it just as much as the first. The only thing I didn't like was that it didn't feel finished.

I've been playing the original on my PC and I can't believe how great it is even though it's aged a bit.

I definitely recommend watching the Star Wars films Rob, they are honestly some of my favorite films and Star Wars is one the most amazing universes created. :D

The Old Republic is going to steal whatever life I have now away. :p I also want a new KOTOR game. :(

Rivendell
14-06-10, 23:02
I've missed having a thread about this! I haven't seen any gameplay vids of TOR before, so this will be a first.
Wish I could afford a pay-monthly game though. Oh well, I'll get it one day!

KotoR1 - is still one of my favourite games ever. The plot, the twist, the characters, the music - I loved it to pieces.

I made a vid about Revan about 4 years ago, and for all my TR vids, this Revan one has been my most successful. I guess that's what happens when you put 'Star Wars' as a tag, eh? I've posted it a couple of times in the past, but none more appropriate a place as this. :tmb:

Z7oxeCMw8k8

robm_2007
14-06-10, 23:04
i have the episodes IV-VI, i just havent gotten around to them cuz i have like 25 movies and at least 10 seasons of TV shows that i havent seen, and that i need to watch. i might watch Episode 3 tomorrow. ive just been addicted to watching Curb Your Enthusiasm and The Simpsons:cln:.

Carbonek_0051
14-06-10, 23:09
I've missed having a thread about this! I haven't seen any gameplay vids of TOR before, so this will be a first.
Wish I could afford a pay-monthly game though. Oh well, I'll get it one day!

KotoR1 - is still one of my favourite games ever. The plot, the twist, the characters, the music - I loved it to pieces.

I made a vid about Revan about 4 years ago, and for all my TR vids, this Revan one has been my most successful. I guess that's what happens when you put 'Star Wars' as a tag, eh? I've posted it a couple of times in the past, but none more appropriate a place as this. :tmb:

Z7oxeCMw8k8

Yeah, there is tons of gameplay videos floating about. I'll try to get them all together and add them to the first post. :)

I agree about KOTOR, it's honestly my favorite SW game and favorite Bioware RPG. Everything about it is perfect.

Also, I loved the video. It was well edited. :tmb:

i have the episodes IV-VI, i just havent gotten around to them cuz i have like 25 movies and at least 10 seasons of TV shows that i havent seen, and that i need to watch. i might watch Episode 3 tomorrow. ive just been addicted to watching Curb Your Enthusiasm and The Simpsons:cln:.
WATCH THEM NOW! :p

Also here it is guys the new trailer of TOR from E3 today! :jmp:

Star Wars: The Old Republic E3 2010: Hope of Alderaan Cinematic Trailer (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-star-wars/101162)

Paperdoll
14-06-10, 23:22
I'm in love with you even more, these are two of my all time favourite games <3 yes, even KoTOR 2, with all its flaws and lack of an ending :p

irjudd
14-06-10, 23:24
It's great and all, but Jedi Academy was better.

But who can argue with Star Wars themed Neverwinter Nights?

Carbonek_0051
14-06-10, 23:32
I'm in love with you even more, these are two of my all time favourite games <3 yes, even KoTOR 2, with all its flaws and lack of an ending :p
You just earned yourself a very strong marriage <3
It's great and all, but Jedi Academy was better.

But who can argue with Star Wars themed Neverwinter Nights?
I love Jedi Academy, I've been thinking about getting the Jedi Knight Collection off Steam.

But I like KOTOR much more for my RPG fix. :p

robm_2007
14-06-10, 23:32

What flaws? (except it sometimes would freeze)

and i LOVED the ending. Poor Kreia, she was the best villain:)

Paperdoll
14-06-10, 23:37
I love Jedi Academy, I've been thinking about getting the Jedi Knight Collection off Steam.

But I like KOTOR much more for my RPG fix. :p

I loooooooove the Jedi Knight games. I didn't like SW all that much but bro decided he should buy JK2 based on the demo. I was all liek pssssh dude that **** is wack!! And then I started playing it. And it was all downhill (uphill?) from there :D So far I haven't played Dark Forces... all the others. Yesiree. Loves them <3

:)

Half assed story for some of the characters, mainly. As in, wasted potential. Also the ending bit was VERY half assed. It had alot of cut content which just made it all the more awesome. Speaking of which, haven't given Team Gizka a look for quite a while D:

Carbonek_0051
14-06-10, 23:41
I loooooooove the Jedi Knight games. I didn't like SW all that much but bro decided he should buy JK2 based on the demo. I was all liek pssssh dude that **** is wack!! And then I started playing it. And it was all downhill (uphill?) from there :D So far I haven't played Dark Forces... all the others. Yesiree. Loves them <3

Looks like I am going to get them then! :D
Half assed story for some of the characters, mainly. As in, wasted potential. Also the ending bit was VERY half assed. It had alot of cut content which just made it all the more awesome. Speaking of which, haven't given Team Gizka a look for quite a while D:
Most of that is due to development time being short, Lucas Arts wanted it out so they had to cut A LOT.

irjudd
14-06-10, 23:41
Dark Forces 2 was the first SW game I ever played. :hug: How I loved tossing fools around and blasting their faces. Just a wee lad I was.

Paperdoll
14-06-10, 23:44
Looks like I am going to get them then! :D

Most of that is due to development time being short, Lucas Arts wanted it out so they had to cut A LOT.

I know ): and it's such a shame... I truly love the game due to its darker undertones. It's one thing I love in KoTOR. Nothing is black and white, good and bad. It's all very much a grey area (story wise) and I luvs that <3

Dark Forces 2 was the first SW game I ever played. :hug: How I loved tossing fools around and blasting their faces. Just a wee lad I was.

Me? It was the Mysteries of The Sith demo and then JK2. Completely and utterly fell in love with SW afterwards.

irjudd
14-06-10, 23:47
My favorite is still Episode 1 on PC. With the unusual isometric viewpoint, I think I spent three years finishing that game over and over and over.

Carbonek_0051
14-06-10, 23:49
My favorite is still Episode 1 on PC. With the unusual isometric viewpoint, I think I spent three years finishing that game over and over and over.

You too? I miss that game, I had it on PS1 and I played it a million times.

Btw, after buying KOTOR off Steam I think I can officially say I am slowly becoming a PC gamer. :D

miss.haggard
15-06-10, 00:03
In response to the new TOR trailer - OMFG WHAT THE HELL THAT WAS THE MOST EPIC SPOOLGETASTIC THING I HAVE SEEN SINCE THE FIRST TRAILER!

Holy crap. I'm about to march my way up to Skywalker Ranch, mind trick my way past security and slap up George Lucas if he isn't thinking about making a CGI film.

Dude...

Paperdoll
15-06-10, 00:04
Well, just watched SWTOR's trailer...

I wanna cry now :(

miss.haggard
15-06-10, 00:05
Cause you know anything you do in life isn't going to even compare? I know, me too. :(

Paperdoll
15-06-10, 00:06
Mostly because it's a mother****ing MMORPG and not a proper sequel... and it looks so god damned EPIC.

*sigh*

Mostly :(

robm_2007
15-06-10, 00:13

what content did they cut out? stuff relating to the story, or the gameplay?

Pietras
15-06-10, 00:50
Cut content. It harmed the game, but is still has the best writing in the entire Star Wars history. Which will no doubt be ruined by Bioware in TOR.

miss.haggard
15-06-10, 00:54
Cut content. It harmed the game, but is still has the best writing in the entire Star Wars history. Which will no doubt be ruined by Bioware in TOR.

Hey now, Bioware has got story down. You don't need to worry about that.

Pietras
15-06-10, 00:57
Hey now, Bioware has got story down. You don't need to worry about that.
You mean another clichefest? Yeah, they got it down...

miss.haggard
15-06-10, 00:58
You mean another clichefest? Yeah, they got it down...

Cliche how? I'm assuming you haven't played any recent Bioware games?

Alpharaider47
15-06-10, 00:59
Kotor aka one of the greatest Star Wars games of all time... It has to be one of my favourite games behind Tomb Raider :p

This is a little vid I made a few years ago using some of the cutscenes :p
LF70gLpiDmc

I should probably look at TOR again lol, I kind of got turned off from MMORPGs after STO :vlol:

^^ not sure what ya mean about cliche there =/

Pietras
15-06-10, 01:06
Cliche how? I'm assuming you haven't played any recent Bioware games?
Last one I played was Mass Effect and it was the nail in the coffin for me. Will give ME2 a chance when I have more time. Besides we're talking (KO)TOR franchise here and the premise for TOR already confirms they've butchered TSL's storyline.

miss.haggard
15-06-10, 01:11
Last one I played was Mass Effect and it was the nail in the coffin for me. Will give ME2 a chance when I have more time. Besides we're talking (KO)TOR franchise here and the premise for TOR already confirms they've butchered TSL's storyline.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised with ME2, I was afraid of the sequel curse and I love the game.

But right, TOR. What do you expect? The basic story of Star Wars is good vs. evil. What more can you get out of that other than one rises, falls, and must rise to power again? In such a scenario as this, its not actually the story that makes the game, its the characters. What would Star Wars be without the Han Solos and Boba Fetts?

Chaz - Great job on the movie, the editing is awesome! :D

Alpharaider47
15-06-10, 01:17
I think you will be pleasantly surprised with ME2, I was afraid of the sequel curse and I love the game.

But right, TOR. What do you expect? The basic story of Star Wars is good vs. evil. What more can you get out of that other than one rises, falls, and must rise to power again? In such a scenario as this, its not actually the story that makes the game, its the characters. What would Star Wars be without the Han Solos and Boba Fetts?

Chaz - Great job on the movie, the editing is great! :D

Hehe Star Wars to me would be nothing without Han Solo, he is my favourite character after all! I think that with TOR you have to consider the style of game that it is as well, it will be very interesting to see how Bioware handles all of that, that is, how the game looks at launch.

Thanks, I hope you enjoyed it!

miss.haggard
15-06-10, 01:21
Hehe Star Wars to me would be nothing without Han Solo, he is my favourite character after all! I think that with TOR you have to consider the style of game that it is as well, it will be very interesting to see how Bioware handles all of that, that is, how the game looks at launch.

Thanks, I hope you enjoyed it!

Oh I know! Han and Boba are like top of the list for me... but Chewie!!! <3 It will be interesting to see how Bioware handles a story with so many options. I think they did a wonderful job making all the choices in Dragon Age Origins fit well with the story but still making each playthrough different. Hopefully they can carry some of this over to TOR.

And I certainly I did! :D

Pietras
15-06-10, 01:50
But right, TOR. What do you expect? The basic story of Star Wars is good vs. evil. What more can you get out of that other than one rises, falls, and must rise to power again? In such a scenario as this, its not actually the story that makes the game, its the characters.
It's not what the story is about but how it's executed. KOTOR 2 set a ground for an amazing storyline in the 3rd game that BioWare has already butchered. The Sith Empire was suppoused to interfer with key events in the Republic to cause echoes through the Force and thus leave it ripe for invasion without a shot even being fired. BioWare changed it and made it a simple uber-military invasion preceded by decades of manufacturing. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz done & recycled 8923479345 billion times, simple and uninspired. Obsidian's premise was original and fresh, making the Empire's return like no other. BioWare's feels like it was intentionally 'dumbified' so the kids won't have to think about the concept of wounding the Force.

What would Star Wars be without the Han Solos and Boba Fetts?
Clarify.

miss.haggard
15-06-10, 01:58
Well thats your opinion, and I'm glad you feel so strongly towards the game. But I have to disagree. The only bit of evidence I have is that I being the story oriented gamer I am, have thoroughly enjoyed every game Bioware has put in front of me. Obsidian on the other hand has disappointed me on the front of gameplay and story structure, and I hope they don't follow the same path with Fallout New Vegas.

As for clarification, I just meant what would Star Wars be without its staple characters to identify with? They each add their own touch to the story that regular bland characters do not. That is something I really look forward to seeing Bioware do as well, letting your character make a mark on the story.

Pietras
15-06-10, 02:38
Well thats your opinion, and I'm glad you feel so strongly towards the game. But I have to disagree. The only bit of evidence I have is that I being the story oriented gamer I am, have thoroughly enjoyed every game Bioware has put in front of me. Obsidian on the other hand has disappointed me on the front of gameplay and story structure, and I hope they don't follow the same path with Fallout New Vegas.
I enjoy BioWare's games from the gameplay point of view to, but their stories are too often cliche, uninspiring and stereotypical.

As for clarification, I just meant what would Star Wars be without its staple characters to identify with? They each add their own touch to the story that regular bland characters do not. That is something I really look forward to seeing Bioware do as well, letting your character make a mark on the story.
What does it have to do with what I said about TSL and TOR's story?

miss.haggard
15-06-10, 02:41
I enjoy BioWare's games from the gameplay point of view to, but their stories are too often cliche, uninspiring and stereotypical.

What does it have to do with what I said about TSL and TOR's story?

Well if you say so! :D

I was saying that theres not a more cliche story than good vs. evil, and that in the Star Wars universe its the characters that make the story.

robm_2007
15-06-10, 02:50
i agree that the KOTOR storylines were stereotypical:

You turn out to be Revan in KOTOR
Kreia turns out to be the villain
Atris turns out to be evil
Good vs. Evil
but i thought that they were acceptable in this instance; im a hater of cliches, but these cliches didnt bother me in KOTOR. all of the characters are extremley likable and very in-depth and original. especially Kreia; shes like one of my favorite characters in KOTOR.

Pietras
15-06-10, 03:06
Well if you say so! :D

I was saying that theres not a more cliche story than good vs. evil, and that in the Star Wars universe its the characters that make the story.

Cliche is a result of bad execution of a concept, not the concept itself. You can have a concept that would appear the dumbest ever like having a guy dress as a bat and fight criminals in spandex and turn it into something great (The Dark Knight). Good vs. evil can be great and non-cliche like in Empire Strikes Back, or dumb and cliche like in The Phantom Menace. You see the difference? My problem with TOR is the execution of their concept for the story.

i agree that the KOTOR storylines were stereotypical:
Kreia turns out to be the villain
Not really. In how many movies/games/books you knew since the first scene you're travelling with the villain (unless you somehow thought Kreia was not evil lol)

miss.haggard
15-06-10, 03:10
^ But making a main character the villain seems like such a cop-out. A last second decision to get the game into stores quicker.

Alpharaider47
15-06-10, 03:16
Well I'll say just keep in mind that TOR isn't even out yet...

Glaçon
15-06-10, 07:01
I love KOTOR I & II so much that I think the adverb should end in 'phile'. :mis:

TOR looks really quite exciting, in the trailers, but it's an MMO - which could be a good thing or a horrible thing; also, I'm not 100% onboard with the artistic direction. Cartoony always put me off.

(Carth..... <3 <3 <3 )

Rivendell
15-06-10, 10:36
Spec..tac..u..lar trailer. Whoa. :cln: ... Want... :(

b0bb13
15-06-10, 10:54
I absolutely love KOTOR 1&2,two of my favourite games.That's probably the reason why I'm not that excited for TOR,it just doesn't look as good,I'd rather have KOTOR 3.*dreams*

Pietras
15-06-10, 13:01
^ But making a main character the villain seems like such a cop-out. A last second decision to get the game into stores quicker.
It wasn't a last second decision. She was always planned to be a villain. Atris was too at one point but I'm glad they scrapped that idea. This game WAS about Kreia and the Exile. Sometimes, going the obvious way is better. She's one of the greatest villains in video-game history so once again, it's all about the execution.

TOR looks really quite exciting, in the trailers, but it's an MMO - which could be a good thing or a horrible thing; also, I'm not 100% onboard with the artistic direction. Cartoony always put me off.

Yeah. Why didn't they just kept the KOTOR style (improved of course)? It was already cartoony yet kept the grittnyness so characteristic for Star Wars. I can hear Ray Muzyka telling us countless times how it's an artistic decision but it still won't convince me it's anything more than just a way to get kiddos to play the game.

miss.haggard
15-06-10, 13:44
Well, I'm pretty darn excited for TOR and look forward to seeing how Bioware handles an MMORPG.

robm_2007
15-06-10, 15:27

i just finished watching Episode IV. it was pretty cool, and was fun movie. although, i fell like ive already watched it before, because of the Family Guy version:D

but it was still really, good nonetheless.

I have a bad feeling about this Darth Vader character; he just seems so relative to evil, like he's the father of all that is the dark side :pi:

8/10

Weemanply109
15-06-10, 22:42
Yeah, there is tons of gameplay videos floating about. I'll try to get them all together and add them to the first post. :)

I agree about KOTOR, it's honestly my favorite SW game and favorite Bioware RPG. Everything about it is perfect.

Also, I loved the video. It was well edited. :tmb:

Also here it is guys the new trailer of TOR from E3 today! :jmp:

Star Wars: The Old Republic E3 2010: Hope of Alderaan Cinematic Trailer (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-star-wars/101162)

The trailer is EPIC!!!

miss.haggard
16-06-10, 01:40
Score! TOR is #9 on yahoo's trending list!

Flyin11
16-06-10, 14:24
Saw hands on gameplay footage (Not trailer) on G4 last night and it looks amazing! I'm getting swayed towards it next year is all I can say....

Carbonek_0051
16-06-10, 16:08
New gameplay videos for TOR can be found here (http://www.gametrailers.com/game/star-wars-the-old-republic/10449). :D

miss.haggard
16-06-10, 16:17
I am SO using that last line... Looks amazing!

scoopy_loopy
18-07-10, 06:20
The information here has been gathered from all the reviews listed below. If you take all the information we can start to gather how the game may turn out.

Links to quotes are provided on fifth post down.

{Latest Updates in Yellow} Updated 16th July 2010

PHASE:--------------------------------------------Date: -----------Information

Game Revealed Date:-----------.-------------------- October 2008 -----
Game Release Date:------------.-------------.------- Spring 2011 -------Release Note (http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=109426)
Game Testing has started:--------------------------- 9th July 2010 --.-- Read (http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20100709_002) - Signup Here! (http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20090929_001)
Beta Testing:----------------------.----------------- NOT STARTED.----

Planets

For more details on each planet visit the Holonet here: Planets (http://www.swtor.com/info/holonet/planets)

Coruscant

Capital of the Republic.
Coruscant seems to be split into levels such as Senate, Works, Gang areas - Dev Dispatch (Coruscant)
Lots to explore on Coruscant, you can see for miles and miles - Dev Dispatch (Coruscant)
Social areas on Coruscant such as the Spaceport and Galactic Senate - Dev Dispatch (Coruscant)

Tython

Tython is a planet of forests and ancient ruins - Dev Blog (find balance in the force)
Starter Planet for Jedi Knight & Jedi Consular

Ord Mantell

Starter Planet for Smuggler & Trooper
The planet is embroiled in civil war
The planet contains mainly Saltwater seas and Islands

Belsavis

Prison world maintained by the Republic
The ancient prison was constructed by the Rakatan Empire
Ice Covered with Small Pockets of Volcanic Temperate Zones
Some sort of a Dungeon called 'The Tomb' located on this planet.

Dromund Kaas

Capital of the Sith Empire.
Home to the Emperor and his Dark Council, is a planet consumed with dark side energy.
Korriban

Starter Planet for Sith Warrior & Sith Inquisitor
Red, rocky desert planet
Original home world of the Sith

Hutta

Starter Planet for Bounty Hunter & Imperial Agent
Swamps and Industrial wasteland

Balmorra

Republic forces are supporting the local resistance on this planet.
The planet is Occupied by the Empire

Alderaan - Warzone area on Planet (PvP)

Alderaan is a mix of landscapes from Snow capped peaks to rolling plains to Forests
Several of Alderaan’s noble houses are battling for the throne in a brutal civil war

Tatooine

The planet's surface consists mainly of Seas of Sand and Rock
Ex Czerka Corp mined planet. Imperial presence on planet

Taris
Taris is a post-apocalyptic planet with plague infested swamps
Mention of 'vertical' enviroment aspects that maybe similar to Coruscant where you have different levels of the planet to explore - Dev Dispatch Video (Taris)

Voss
Covered in golden forests, Voss is home to both the Voss, a peaceful mystic species, and the Gormak, a species with an amazing affinity for technology.
Nightmare Lands & Forbidden Space are areas on or around Voss.

Hoth
Frozen desolate wasteland terrain
Littered with wreckage from a major battle of what's called the Great War.

Possible dozens of planets in game - Gamespot TOR 2008

Characters/Classes:

For Released Classes Visit here: Classes (http://www.swtor.com/info/holonet/classes)
For information on what Advanced Classes are Visit here: Advanced (http://www.swtor.com/info/systems/advanced-classes)

Jedi Knight - INFO (http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=98271)

Based on 'Mace Windu' and 'Anakin Skywalker'. Lightsaber focused with some Force powers - Bioware
Abilities include: Force Push, Saber Throw, Impale and Blaster Deflection - Holonet
Has an ability similar to the SW when he can leap into combat - Combat Dev. Vid.
Jedi Knight uses force points similar to that of the Sith Warrior to charge up the special moves - PC Gamer Jan 2010
Quote: The Jedi knight can fill a couple of roles in combat. In one-on-one combat, the Jedi knight is practically unmatched in melee power - Gamespot "Jedi Knight"
Players who enjoy fast melee combat will identify with this class - Gamespot "Jedi Knight"
Quote: At its core, the Jedi knight is about getting into battle as quickly as possible, dominating the fight and protecting allies - Gamespot "Jedi Knight"
Double Bladed Lightsabers shown on Holonet for Jedi. - Holonet (Outfitting)

Jedi Consular - INFO (http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=100611)

Quote: "The key element of the Consular’s story is mystery, using intelligence and courage to seek the truth." - Dev Blog (finding balance in the force)
Quote: "We wanted to capture the journey of Obi-Wan Kenobi – someone who begins with unusual insight and talent, but who is still growing into those powers" - Dev Blog (finding balance in the force)
Quote: A Jedi Consular must sometimes accept the grayer path, the less perfect choice - Dev Blog (finding balance in the force)
Quote: From what we were shown, this class is far from being a simple caster. Part melee, part puppeteer, part healer; the Jedi Consular could end up filling multiple play styles - Darth Hater Extravaganza
Quote: "The Jedi consular is more based in telekinetics" - Gamespot Dec 3rd
Abilities seem to include Mind Maze, Force Pull, Force Slam, Benevolence, Meditation, Clear casting & Force Repulse - Darth Hater Extravaganza
Consular is a rear line support fighter not a front line melee. - PCGames Translation
Consulars can use the doublebladed Lightsaber - Holonet

Smuggler: - INFO (http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=103147) - Advanced Class: Gunslinger or Scoundrel

The Smugglers start their story line after their Ship has been stolen. - E3 (Pre) Gamespot June 2010
The smuggler requires cover to survive, when people tried a direct attack they normally ended up dead - E3 (Pre) Gamespot June 2010
Abilities seen during the live demo at Pax include: Groin kick, Headshot, Triple Rocket, Flash Grenade, Cover shot and Barrage - GamesSpot Pax Day1
New abilities seen include: Flurry of Bolts, Charged Burst, Active recovery and 'Show cover locations' - E3 Darth Hater June 2010 (C)
Scoundrel: Short Ranged, Stealth based Damage and Medicine - Darth Hater Extravaganza
Gunslinger: Long Range, Dual Pistols and Persuade - Darth Hater Extravaganza
Cover system shown working, Smuggler can select from a Silhouette of the PC or arrows to move to cover- VO Video
Smuggler is the only class that can shoot while running away - Multiple Reviews
When using cover the Smuggler gains a defence bonus, this is show on the mob that he is hiding from by a green symbol above the targets head - Developer Walkthrough

Trooper: - INFO (http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=119751)

The Trooper Story starts as he is carried in to battle in a Troop Walker - E3 (Pre) Gamespot June 2010
Most of the trooper's combat abilities operate based on ammo, this seems to have changed since the last time media played it where it was based on points - E3 (Pre) Gamepot June 2010
Hinted that the two paths a Trooper can take are either a Crowd Control or all out DPS branch - Destructoid GDC 2010
Trooper is the Heavy Weapons specialist as well as using Heavy Armour, The big gun is his friend - Official Site
Updated Trooper Abilities: Hammer Shot, Rifle Grenade, Full Auto, Sticky Grenade and Stock Strike - Darth Hater GDC 2010 Trooper
Recharge & Reload ability is the Troopers Out of Combat self heal - Darth Hater GDC 2010 Trooper
New abilities seen include: Fast reload, Hammershot and Rifle grenade - E3 Darth Hater June 2010 (C)
Mentioned by a Dev during the Q&A that the Trooper is a Ranged Tanking class - Darth Hater Q&A PAX Day3

Sith Warrior: - INFO (http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=96502) - Advanced Class: Juggernaut or Marauder

Based on Darth Vader. Lightsaber focused with some Force powers - Bioware
The Sith warrior starts his career as an acolyte serving a bitter, angry overseer who leads the training of you and your fellow acolytes - E3 (Pre) Gamespot June 2010
The SW abilities are based on Rage points, do basic attacks to gain points for more powerful attacks. - E3 (Pre) Gamespot June 2010
Lightsaber knockback ability seen during Video, similar to force push but with a LS - Combat Dev. Vid.
Can use a Single, 2 Handed or Dual wield Lightsabers - Designing the Darkside
Sith Warrior can spec in to either DPS or deflecting front line fire - GamesSpot (GamesCom)
Sith Ability of 'Channelled Hatred' Shown as a Out of Combat self heal - EuroGamer HO (GamesCom)
Sith Warrior abilities seen during demo at Pax include: Force Charge, Slash, PowerSlash, Impale, Smash and Force Choke - GamesSpot Pax Day1
More powers seen for Warrior such as Force Push and Lightsaber throw - Sith Warrior Class Video

Sith Inquisitor - INFO (http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=168236)

Based on Palpatine. Forced ranged class with some melee - Bioware
The Sith inquisitor reports to a Sith overseer as part of the slave caste--a group of low-born wannabes who are not of proper Sith bloodlines - E3 (Pre) Gamespot June 2010
The SI Force powers seem to be tied to a Force power meter - E3 (Pre) Gamespot June 2010
They can use at least either Doublebladed or Two Handed Lightsabers - Holonet
Quote: The Sith Inquisitor’s ability to manipulate electricity is unmatched among force users - Darth Hater Extravaganza
Quote: "lightly armoured, acrobatic, and uses lots of lightning abilities and telekinetics" - Gamespot Dec 3rd
Abilities include Vicious Saber, Backlash, Overload, Wirlwind and Discharge - Designing the Darkside
More abilities include: Lightning Drain, Dark Gift and Dark Meditation - Darth Hater Extravaganza
New abilities seen include: Saber Strike, Lightning Drain and Shock - E3 Darth Hater June 2010 (C)

Bounty Hunter - INFO (http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=95752)

Bounty Hunters Story Arc is called 'The Great Hunt' - SifiWire
The BH weapons all build up heat as they are used. To combat this you must vent heat to continue to fight. - E3 (Pre) Gamespot June 2010
Can duel weild pistols as seen in video - Combat Dev. Vid.
A harpoon and drag ability seen, pulls enemy from distance to close range - Combat Dev. Vid.
BH can Carbonite freeze targets - Combat Dev. Vid.
Can fire a rocket from his backpack to attack enemies - Combat Dev. Vid.
BH has an ability where he can jet pack from distance to close range and attack an enemy - Combat Dev. Vid.
Technology is the main weapon for the Bounty Hunter, using all the latest gadgets to catch his mark - Official Site
Abilities seen include: Standard shot, Wrist rocket, Flamethrower and Vent heat - E3 Darth Hater June 2010 (C)

Imperial Agent - INFO (http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=92444)

The agent is, like the smuggler, a cover class, though this profession seems like less of a scout and more of an assassin - E3 (Pre) Gamespot June 2010
The agent accrues and expends energy points with different attacks - E3 (Pre) Gamepot June 2010
Abilities include Toxic Dart, Shiv, Sleep Darts, Laze Target (air strikes) and Explosive Probe Droid - Jake Neri Interview DH
New abilities seen: Rifle shot, Snipe and 'Show cover locations' - E3 Darth Hater June 2010 (C)
Agents can use cover also they can stealth - Jake Neri Interview DH
'Shiv' is close range Vibroblade attack. - Darth Hater IA Walkthrough
IA is more of a tatical class than an all guns blazing one - Darth Hater IA Walkthrough

Playable Species:

Human
Rattataki - Race Info (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ratataki)
Twi'lek - Race Info (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Twi'lek) - E3 (Pre) Gamespot June 2010
Chiss - Race Info (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Chiss) - E3 (Pre) Gamespot June 2010

It seems that certain species are class specific: Quote: "Christine then goes into announcing additional playable species for specific classes" - E3 1up June 2010
Quote: When I ask about others (Races), I'm given an entertainingly evasive answer that they'd only be using humanoid races because love scenes get weird with blobs. - Eurogamer May 2010

(Totes stole this from http://swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=33345 . Thankyou! :D Guys, defs check out the link, because I only posted 1/3 of the information collected in the opening posts of the thread over there.)

Damn, I'm so excited! I wish I could decide on a class, but consular, smuggler and agent all look so cool!

miss.haggard
18-07-10, 06:26
Chiss are PLAYABLE?! Oh friggin' snap. I am SO in!

scoopy_loopy
18-07-10, 06:43
Chiss are PLAYABLE?! Oh friggin' snap. I am SO in!

I know, right?

I am literally going to cry in the character creation screen. It's going to be so hard to make choices!

Found these rather attractive specimens on Wookiepedia. :cln:
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091215233141/starwars/images/4/48/TattooedChiss-TNR.jpg
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090420235859/starwars/images/thumb/0/0f/ChissFemale.jpg/426px-ChissFemale.jpg

Rivendell
18-07-10, 08:54
* :eek: *

W.. .. wow.

How many planets?

And we get to go back to Taris?

:D

Carbonek_0051
18-07-10, 09:26
*sigh*

I need to get a PC that can run this.

miss.haggard
18-07-10, 16:10
I know, right?

I am literally going to cry in the character creation screen. It's going to be so hard to make choices!

Found these rather attractive specimens on Wookiepedia. :cln:
[/img]

Love the pics! I am so excited now, next to Corellians, Chiss are my favorites. Obviously just because of Thrawn's badass-ness.

scoopy_loopy
18-07-10, 22:34
Personally I have a huge soft spot for Naboo and everything about it :D

Do you have a class you're most excited about?

Alpharaider47
18-07-10, 22:35
Personally I have a huge soft spot for Naboo and everything about it :D

Smuggler :p Hope they do a better job with it than SOE :jmp:

miss.haggard
18-07-10, 22:51

While its going to be tempting to be a Jedi/Sith, Bounty Hunter is what I'm looking forward to.

scoopy_loopy
18-07-10, 23:04
While its going to be tempting to be a Jedi/Sith, Bounty Hunter is what I'm looking forward to.

I'm torn :p But I'm pretty sure I'll end up with an Imperial Agent. :D If we both end up Imperials we should totes team up, shoot some Republic betches. :p

Smuggler :p Hope they do a better job with it than SOE :jmp:

Nice, I'm tempted to play a smuggler too - they look so fun.

MyRaider4Life
19-07-10, 01:39
I am confused, correct me please, is this the series which revolved around Revan or was that a different series of SW games?

scoopy_loopy
19-07-10, 01:46
I am confused, correct me please, is this the series which revolved around Revan or was that a different series of SW games?

That was KOTOR I & II. This is set in the same... "universe"? But it is 300 or so years later.

MyRaider4Life
19-07-10, 01:52
That was KOTOR I & II. This is set in the same... "universe"? But it is 300 or so years later.

Ah, I was hoping it would be like the originals with Revan or like a new 'foe', I don't like the MMO part of it, or is that an optional type of play?

scoopy_loopy
19-07-10, 02:07
No, you can't just "turn off" the MMO part :tea: Although you could always just play your class quests alone, with your NPC companions instead of other real players I guess :p

Carbonek_0051
10-08-10, 00:19
Star Wars: The Old Republic Reveals Four New Species
Aug 9, 2010 @ 4:10pm

Star Wars: The Old Republic is diversifying its ranks by revealing four new playable non-human characters: the Sith Pureblood, Miraluka, Mirialan, and Zabrak.

As Bioware describes them, the Sith Pureblood is an aggressive, angry race signified by their red skin, while Miraluka are sightless beings with a strong grasp of the Force, allowing them to see despite having veils over their vestigial eye sockets. The Mirialan race is green-skinned and has a natural agility and insight as Jedi Knights. Zabrak Sith Inquisitors are proud, ferocious and ruthless, with horns and facial tattoos much like Darth Maul.

Check out full descriptions of The Old Repbulic’s new characters and let us know what you think of your choices!

Link (http://www.gametrailers.com/news/star-wars-the-old-republic/2370)

miss.haggard
10-08-10, 01:10
This game will end my life, Bioware will own my soul and I will have absolutely no reason to leave the house.

Carbonek_0051
13-08-10, 21:40
Jedi Knight Class Trailer HD (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/jedi-knight-star-wars/702844)

I neeeeeeed this game! :jmp:

jackali
13-08-10, 21:52
Miraluka. I want this game for that.

miss.haggard
13-08-10, 22:10
My underwear is giddy with anticipation.

... :pi:

Alpharaider47
13-08-10, 22:30
My underwear is giddy with anticipation.

... :pi:

.... O.o

Big Lara Fan
14-08-10, 02:05
I can't wait for this game! I'm definitely going to try this one out. :tmb:

Carbonek_0051
17-08-10, 22:20
Developer Dispatch: The Music of Old Republic (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/developer-dispatch-star-wars/702874)

Timeline Trailer VIII (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/timeline-trailer-star-wars/702876)

Timeline Trailer IX (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/timeline-trailer-star-wars/702878)

:D

Smog
07-09-10, 17:42
New trailer! (http://www.giantbomb.com/the-mysteries-of-the-old-republics-jedi-knights/17-3194/)

Revan's fate is totally a thing.

Also, HK-47.

miss.haggard
07-09-10, 17:47
*gasp*

Alpharaider47
07-09-10, 17:58
Exclamation: Ooh how very interesting! :mis:

Carbonek_0051
05-03-11, 05:08
GDC 11: Bounty Hunter Reveal Trailer (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gdc-11-star-wars/711331)

NEED. NEW. LAPTOP. NOW.

Carbonek_0051
28-05-11, 01:47
There are quite a few new Old Republic videos (http://www.gametrailers.com/game/star-wars-the-old-republic/10449). The game looks fantastic, I still would prefer a KotOR III or console version. Sadly neither will happen. *sigh*

Weemanply109
28-05-11, 16:05
There are quite a few new Old Republic videos (http://www.gametrailers.com/game/star-wars-the-old-republic/10449). The game looks fantastic, I still would prefer a KotOR III or console version. Sadly neither will happen. *sigh*

Everytime I see "KOTOR" I always remember the good times i had playing Kotor 2. Still can't believe I haven't played the first one yet :(

Is there still no confirmed release date for The Old Republic? It feels like I've been waiting forever! :p Is there any mention of a subscription either? I would prefer Free2Play model with an optional subscription..

GDC 11: Bounty Hunter Reveal Trailer (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gdc-11-star-wars/711331)

NEED. NEW. LAPTOP. NOW.

Ypu game on a laptop? You need a new computer :p

miss.haggard
28-05-11, 16:14
Sith Inquisitor looks badass! I hope when the time comes I can deal with not having a life for a few years.

Pietras
28-05-11, 17:06
My excitement for this nearly vaporized completely every since they announced Revan & Exlie's fate will be revealed in a companion novel. Not like I have anything against books, but these stories were part of a video game format and should be completed in that format, not another one.

Pietras
04-06-11, 18:16
New video from GameSpot: http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6316986/e3-2011-star-wars-the-old-republic-exclusive-details-on-raiding-tatooine-mounts-and-more/?tag=updates%3Beditor%3Ball%3Bimg%3B6

I must say they really pulled off this art-style. The characters models are much better-proportioned now, the lighting and textures are spot on and the general look is really good and timeless. Human hair still bug me a bit, don't get why they stick to this visible hairline idea so desperately, but everything else looks amazing.

Scurvy
05-06-11, 10:58
Well this could be good or bad game... just have to wait

miss.haggard
07-06-11, 00:32
ywk-_9lt54E

No, seriously. Why are they not making a CGI full length film?

Carbonek_0051
23-07-11, 05:13
^I know right?

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/images/bonus/640353_LGCE.jpg (http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/article/118/1183244/star-wars-the-old-republic-20110721102044250.jpg)
(Click for larger pic)

Details (http://pc.ign.com/articles/118/1183252p1.html)

Internation Delay met with rage. (http://pc.ign.com/articles/118/1183701p1.html)

Can your PC run it? (http://pc.ign.com/articles/118/1183688p1.html)

Want, too bad my laptop sucks. I will be updating the first post shortly. My friend bought me a copy of KotOR for Xbox the other day, he found it at some shop here for $15 and it was brand new! They have KotORII as well, so I am thinking of going back for that. :D

scoopy_loopy
23-07-11, 06:14
I had to pre-order with Amazon. If they IP block Australia I will be even more pissed. The fact that they out and said, "no launch timeframe can be given" for any country outside of the US, Canada and Western Europe is pathetic.

Carbonek_0051
23-07-11, 10:17
SWTOR ‘Beta Test Weekends’ Coming in September
Jul 22, 2011 @ 9:21am

http://epicbattleaxe.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/SWTOR_Testing.jpg

If you’re not too busy earning the cash necessary to pre-order the rather pricey Collector’s Edition of Star Wars: The Old Republic, you may be interested in actually testing out the game when BioWare and EA kick off “Beta Test Weekends” this September.

Of course, only “selected players” will get the chance to check out the game early, and you can ensure that you are “selectable” by signing up to beta test right here over on the game’s official website.

Star Wars: The Old Republic is slated for a holiday release, and we’re pretty sure about a billion or so testers and non-testers are gonna be on board…

[Source] (http://www.gametrailers.com/news/swtor-beta-test-weekends/3652)

Damn my ****ty laptop! I would totally sign up right away. :(

jackali
23-07-11, 10:26
I still don't get why they don't do a KotOR3. I mean... it's not like tOR negates that possibility. It's set about 500 years after KotOR2. Unless they've tried to tie everything up in tOR, which I hope they haven't (it'd be out of place to tie everything up 500 years later) they can still expand on the KotOR series with a proper series title.

WillG
23-07-11, 13:05
I want the first two :'( does anyone know if they run on Windows 7?
EDIT: Just checked Steam and it can run on Vista...so it can run on Windows 7 as well? *sigh* sometimes I wish I still had XP.

jackali
23-07-11, 13:18
^ Don't know about 7, but I know that Vista can run things in XP Compatability mode. That usually works.

scoopy_loopy
23-07-11, 13:24
I want the first two :'( does anyone know if they run on Windows 7?
EDIT: Just checked Steam and it can run on Vista...so it can run on Windows 7 as well? *sigh* sometimes I wish I still had XP.

Edit: Whoops! Misinterpreted your post!

Admles
23-07-11, 13:24
Sweet, I can run it on my PC and Laptop!

miss.haggard
23-07-11, 13:39
Pre-ordered the CE last night, but will probably downgrade. The statue is cool, but not $150 cool.

scoopy_loopy
23-07-11, 13:47
Pre-ordered the CE last night, but will probably downgrade. The statue is cool, but not $150 cool.

I plan on giving the statue away. :p But I want the in-game stuff and the metal case, etc.

jackali
23-07-11, 13:57
^ Give it to me? :p

scoopy_loopy
23-07-11, 14:00
^ Give it to me? :p

I was thinking of passing it off to one of my younger brothers. SOZ! :p

jackali
23-07-11, 14:01
:(
I tried to pre-order the CE over here... but I guess it must have been really, really limited since the page was gone earlier. I must have missed it.

scoopy_loopy
23-07-11, 14:09
:(
I tried to pre-order the CE over here... but I guess it must have been really, really limited since the page was gone earlier. I must have missed it.

Jump on Amazon! At first they ran out too, I ended up ordering the standard edition, but then more CEs mystically appeared! Have a look! :D

(Although this could all be folly and they won't let Aussies connect to the servers anyway, in which case I have wasted way too money. :p)

jackali
23-07-11, 14:15
^ From Amazon US? Won't the shipping be... expensive?

Pre-ordered from there anyway. Delivery estimate is early January.
I can always cancel if the UK one becomes available again.

scoopy_loopy
23-07-11, 14:20
^ From Amazon US? Won't the shipping be... expensive?

It was $24 USD / $22 AUD / 13.49 Sterling. Even with that added cost, it'll still end up being cheaper than waiting (a year or how-ever long it takes) for retail release here. The markups are INCREDIBLE.

Weemanply109
23-07-11, 15:41
Payment subscription hasn't been announced yet, hasn't it?

Though they most likely will do pay per month, as they have a poll on the ToR forums and most people voted for that..

Carbonek_0051
23-07-11, 23:43
hS5cgdhFM2k

Seriously, they need to make a KotOR III. :/

ClassicCroft
24-07-11, 02:01
bg24k_VIS24

scoopy_loopy
24-07-11, 02:08
Payment subscription hasn't been announced yet, hasn't it?

Though they most likely will do pay per month, as they have a poll on the ToR forums and most people voted for that..

This has already been confirmed by devs. :D

miss.haggard
24-07-11, 02:11
This has already been confirmed by devs. :D

How much is it going to be?

jackali
24-07-11, 18:28
Computer is working perfectly.

Time to install KotOR and KotOR II.
Getting some mods as well. TSLRCM and USM sound good for II. Anyone have any suggestions for I? Haven't even looked at the KotOR I mods in years.

scoopy_loopy
24-07-11, 22:01
^ I've never played any KOTOR mods, but I'm in just the mood to replay! I don't think it has anything like the modern nexus' tho... where do find yours?

jackali
24-07-11, 22:09
^ Mostly I use restored content mods. I found the TSLRCM on deadlysteam.com.
I used to go to... err... the filefront mod site, I think.

Carbonek_0051
13-08-11, 21:03
I really need to start getting into KotOR again, I found KotOR II the other day at a store here. I plan on getting it with the second Buffy game. WHY CAN'T YOU MAKE A KOTOR III BW?!!!

jackali
13-08-11, 21:06
Okay, so I just finished playing KotOR II with TSLRCM. I remember now why I love this game so much.
Sure, it was buggy (a few of those have been fixed by TSLRCM) but the story. Obsidian knew what they were doing with that. I need a KotOR III now, because I have to follow Revan out to the Unknown Regions with my Exile.

Alpharaider47
20-12-11, 02:52
*Uses Force powers to bring thread back from the dead*

With TOR releasing at midnight tonight, and the Early Game Access nearly finished, I thought it appropriate to bring this thread back to life :p

Been hooked on the game since I got into Early Access. So far I've gotten my Jedi Knight up to lvl 17, love the ship and first two companions :p Loving Jennifer Hale's voicework as Satele too. Also got a Smuggler that I'm working on.

I'm actually really impressed with the game so far. Graphics are sexy, voices are mostly sexy :cool: (yeahh female Imp Agent ;), Jennifer Hale, w00t for Nolan North :p) Heroics have been a lot of fun so far as well. I'm looking forward to seeing how space combat works out- I'm cautiously optimistic based on what I've played of the game so far. There's a lot to do, I feel sort of overwhelmed, I've got two characters that I'm focusing on, but I'm up to six now at various points...

Anyways, if anybody else is playing, post what server you're on and your character names/class. Maybe we can all get together, group up for missions, etc :p

I've been playing on Zaalbar-
Smuggler(Scoundrel)- Rieker
Jedi Knight(Jedi Sentinel)- Veronika

MangelinaJolie
20-12-11, 04:56
I've been playing early game access as well and been having a great time with it. I have a female Imperial Agent and I chose Sniper for her advanced class, and it's just so much fun to sit back in cover and pick at people while my companions do all the tanking. :p She's only level 12 at the moment. I was soloing the Black Talon flashpoint when the servers were taken offline for maintenance though. Hopefully I pick up where I left off, I was doing incredibly well... even though I had to rush the boss I last killed and kited it around the room in a panic. :p

I suppose I'll post my character name once I find out what server she's on. All I know is that it's a US West RP one.

scoopy_loopy
20-12-11, 08:43
I've already spent more hours in just Early Access than I have in the entire time I've owned Skyrim. Don't judge me. :pi:

jackali
24-01-12, 11:54
Reviving thread having closed the other one.

So I got tOR when it came out. With a broken statue.
Of course, having ordered it online... and not getting the invoice in the box with it... I had a bit of trouble sending it back.
I got my replacement the other day. With a cracked base for the statue. At least I have the returns slip this time.

Anyone else have issues with the CE statue? :/

Dia2blo
25-01-12, 00:36
^That really blows! Definitely not what you expect with something that you have to pay so much for! :(

What do you think of the game though?

jackali
25-01-12, 09:50
I've not tried it yet because I keep having to send it back! :/

Well, other than what I tried at Eurogamer. Which I guess I liked. But I didn't get a good go on it.

Finally got a copy of the CE where the statue and/or base aren't broken. Third time lucky! Plus, the price went down by £30. So I'm happy about that. :p Now I still have to sort my living arrangements properly so I can get my desktop set up again.

Carbonek_0051
27-02-12, 12:37
Started replaying the original with my dual wielding scout, Thane Krios. :pi:

Finding a lot of quests I never did before! Very addicted again. xD

Scorpio1991
14-03-12, 22:37
I got a 7 day free trial for SWTOR today, and my first day will be downloading the patch for it.
Oh lord the patch is huge and long to install 28GB patch at 1.5MB/s. I'm still excited to play this game though. :D