Uh7St1YR4cQ
L9YtOeck3A0

Release Date:
Fall 2010

Driver will be available on:
Xbox 360
PS3
PC and Mac

FragDoll Review by Spectra (http://www.fragdolls.com/index.php/blogs/category/spectra)

jarekhanzelka
18-06-10, 23:05
This game looks plain...weird. And there is literally NO Driver feeling coming out of it. Not intersted.

Catracoth
18-06-10, 23:06
Things change with time - the game is more modernised. Simple. Personally, I can't wait for this title.

Lara's Nemesis
18-06-10, 23:12
I loved the original Driver game, classic stuff. Not impressed by what I've seen of this so far tho.

Strange idea about the coma and jumping about vehicles. :confused:

Catracoth
18-06-10, 23:13
Strange idea about the coma and jumping about vehicles. :confused:

Yeah, I didn't really understand that concept either, but I'm not complaining.

MangelinaJolie
18-06-10, 23:14
I don't understand the coma thing whatsoever. If anything I find it to be a really bad design choice. :( Needless to say I'm a bit disappointed in what was shown.

Carbonek_0051
18-06-10, 23:19
I've been following the series since the original. But I am really disappointed with how this title looks, I liked the first 3 games and was hoping this would be a return to form since Driver: Parallel Lines was sort of bad IMO. But I am not too excited, I'll await for more info but for now I'm not too optimistic.

remote91
18-06-10, 23:21
'Classic' this, 'Classic' that..

It looks cheap

Lara's Nemesis
18-06-10, 23:24
I suppose it is a bit tough for a series like Driver when you have games like GTA around now. The simplicity of the first game worked really well tho.

The last mission "The President's Run" was memorable. :D

amaris
18-06-10, 23:57
If you can't get out and run around, then i'm not interested.

Paddy
19-06-10, 02:20
Hopefully this is better then the 3rd game which was pretty ****.

Sir Croft
19-06-10, 02:41
I don't like what I see. Gameplay is... average. And the graphics are awful.

jarekhanzelka
19-06-10, 10:54
the game is more modernised

So? Driv3r and Driver: Parallel Lines were both more modernised from the original Driver, and still they both maintained the feeling of the original Driver (although they both were very bad games).

This game doesn't have the feeling, so now the only thing it has in common with the original Driver is the fact you won't be able to get out of the car (which isn't a bad thing, it's supposed to be an action racing game), but certes it's a dated concept. Sadly, the feeling is gone, and there's all that coma and shifting going on...it just looks weird...the best thing about this game was it's teaser if you know what I mean.

Catracoth
19-06-10, 11:52
Yes, I am aware of that - and are you forgetting that Parallel Lines was from 2006 and Driv3r was from 2004? There have been significant advances since then, so of course things are going to be different. Need I remind you that San Francisco is a sequel to Driv3r, not a remake of the original 1999 game - obviously things are going to be different.

According to a couple of reviews and sources, the gameplay is very much like the previous games, so there's one less thing to complain about.

Honestly, I don't understand why some people are complaining so bloody much - if you aren't interested, then don't play the game. I understand that it may be completely different than the original games (despite how that's the POINT of evolution), but let's not spoil the thread with whining.

jarekhanzelka
19-06-10, 12:05
The feeling coming out of a game has nothing to do with the time of it's release. Silent Hill Homecoming (2008), for instance, had pretty much the same feeling it's predecessors had, the original (1999) included. All I'm saying is this Driver doesn't have that feeling, that's all.

Honestly, I don't understand why some people are complaining so bloody much - if you aren't interested, then don't play the game. I understand that it may be completely different than the original games (despite how that's the POINT of evolution), but let's not spoil the thread with whining.

Does that mean if I'm not intersted, I shouldn't mention my reasons? Sure I'm not going to play the game, but why shouldn't I express my feelings in the thread made for it? Or is this thread for positive opinions only?

Catracoth
19-06-10, 12:06
Perhaps the feeling was long lost in trying to better the game. I never said differing opinions weren't welcome - whining isn't welcome, which is what I interpreted by some of the posts here.

jarekhanzelka
19-06-10, 12:14
Perhaps...still it's not a good thing to happen. But yeah, you're right, I won't play the game, I don't have to care. It's just that I do feel sorry for the way it is. I am a "hardcore" fan of the original after all.

Paddy
19-06-10, 12:22
None of it seems like whining to me, just skeptical views which is fair enough. I think people have every right to criticise with fair reason as much as praise it.

Catracoth
19-06-10, 12:59
We all have different perceptions :).

JonnyT
19-06-10, 14:12
I really like this teaser they made:

g9LUrb0JKQw

So cool how it's similar to the first game. I wonder if the actual new game is like this too.

Dan The Man
19-06-10, 15:33
That whole thing about being in a coma and switching cars sounds really silly but it looks extremely fun and I am sure when the game is released there will be more of a story about it than that.A problem I have with it is it looks like GTA San Andreas with enb series and alot of texture update mods,expecially the reflections and the bloom.

Melonie Tomb Raider
19-06-10, 16:47
I was one of the demoers for this game, it is so fun!!! Spectra (Frag Doll) should be uploading another video soon that I will share with all of you. It showed me playing the multiplayer with a couple of random guys and two of the devs, I beat them all. :vlol:

RunrigNutter
20-06-10, 01:40
It looks good, we cant really judge based on a trailer. Correct me im wrong, is it best to try the game, test it before making an opinion???

Catracoth
20-06-10, 02:56
Usually, otherwise you're talking out of your butt. Not to mention there was a gameplay video.

RunrigNutter
20-06-10, 03:32
Hang on a minute, yes there was gameplay but there was just a snipplet. We dont know what the game is gonna be like, until we played it. The same when it's a movie trailer, it might show you parts of a film, but you wont know if the movie is any good until you see it.

Melonie Tomb Raider
20-06-10, 04:11
Well I played it and I think it's fantastic. :)

Catracoth
20-06-10, 15:01
Hang on a minute, yes there was gameplay but there was just a snipplet. We dont know what the game is gonna be like, until we played it. The same when it's a movie trailer, it might show you parts of a film, but you wont know if the movie is any good until you see it.

The gameplay video showed a generous amount of gameplay, and as Melonie said, it was enjoyable :wve:.

Paddy
21-06-10, 01:08
I agree wont know for sure unless I have played it myself.

Carbonek_0051
21-06-10, 01:33
The gameplay video showed a generous amount of gameplay, and as Melonie said, it was enjoyable :wve:.

Just because Mel liked it doesn't mean that everyone will. :/

Whether it's good or not will be up to the people who play it. I am going to give the game a chance only because I loved the first 3 games. However, I am glad Mel enjoyed it, and I hope I will too.

Catracoth
21-06-10, 01:37
This is true. I do hope this game isn't like the common smoke and mirror games - looks good and turns out to be crap.

TR freak
09-07-10, 19:38
So I just searched to see if there was already a thread on this game. There is, and I'm shocked to see all this negativity! This was one of the most pleasant surprises of E3 for me! It looks fantastic if you ask me. The shift feature is the big seller for me. It looks unique and original. I loved the first two Driver games but haven't had any interest in another Driver game until now. Definitely keeping my eye out for this one when it's released.

Minty Mouth
10-07-10, 14:12
What happens to the people who were originally in the car when he shifts into them? Why can't he shift into the cars of the bad guy and just crash it that way.

I know, he's in a coma and things don't have to make sense; but although he would find it strange that he can shift into other peoples cars in the first place, wouldn't the fact that the other people in the cars just disappear cause him to question its true nature? :p It wouldn't be that hard for him to figure out he was dreaming, or whatever.

That's just me being pedantic. I've never been interested in the Driver games, but this looks alright.