PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider and other PSOne Classics Not on EU PSN

ggctuk
23-06-10, 20:47
... or rather, not on the PSN. If you thought this was a news thread, turn back now.

I am aware of the other thread in the TR1 forum but that technically just covers the first game. This thread is for TR1-4 and other PSOne Classics (although admittedly it is highly unlikely this thread alone will get the other developers to take notice). It is also designed to be a bit more... vocal about the issue.

It's been almost a year and Tomb Raider, TR2, TR3 and the Last Revelation have failed to appear on the EU PSN. I have seen various things, comments across the entire Internet, and it all sums up to this:

We EU PSP players are getting tired of being let down by SONY and other publishers over the PSP again and again.

What we want, ideally, is for the game to be released on the PSN in the EU. I've been told that Eidos has the game data itself so it does not need the masters. The US versions work on the EU PSPs, but a lot of us do not want to go through the hassle of signing up to the US PSN to get these games. We want confirmation that the games have been submitted to SONY, and if they were submitted before Eidos was bought by Square Enix, we want to know if that has somehow affected the games release and the games have to be resubmitted.

People want to play the classic PlayStation games on their PSPs and PS3s. But developers are withholding their games for the PSN. Eidos is not the only culprit, other developers are responsible too. There's a massive list on Wikipedia. Sort that list by EU release date and you'll see how many games the US PSN gets compared to the EU PSN.

Because of a firmware update, the original Tomb Raider games no longer work on PS3s which means that everybody who bought a PS3 (by trading in a PS2), updated it and tried to play TR1 and TR2 are effectively left with a useless chunk of black plastic shaped like a disc. Essentially if you bought a PS3, whenever you bought TR1 and TR2, it was inevitable that you wasted your money.

This thread is to voice your support for the release of these games should you live in the confines of the EU store.

Crash192
23-06-10, 21:37
I read the title.... HOPES GET UP but let down and has to read all that text XD

I would love to have TR1 and the other PS1 TR games on the PSP even though I have them all it would be so awesome just to have Tomb Raider on the Go and play on it while on a bus or a train would be so awesome if Sony/Eidos would do that, The americans have it so why can't we have it then :( Sony/Eidos makes me Sad panda sometimes.

ggctuk
23-06-10, 21:41
Sorry about the title, I should have made it a little less misleading. I don't think I can change it now.

da tomb raider!
23-06-10, 22:42
I'm all for the original Tomb Raider games, along with all of those other crusty old classic PS1 games, being released on the European PSN. It'd be nice to see them being experienced by more people, after all. Sadly, I don't think anything will change. If Eidos has already released the games in the US, and they just aren't releasing them in Europe, then they probably have their reasons. Perhaps they didn't sell as well as hoped, perhaps there's a problem that they don't think is worth the hassle to solve, or perhaps there's something else. But if it was a viable option, Eidos, Sony or whoever probably would've gone for it. They haven't, so I'm guessing it's not. Which is a shame.

Oh, and as for the thread title, I think that you can change it if you edit the Title of the original post. Not that I find it particularly misleading myself.

Love2Raid
23-06-10, 23:02
I thought it was actually coming to the European PSN...:o:(

I have a PSP and I would love to get the classics, but I guess I need to make an American account for that? (I don“t expect them to come to the EU PSN anytime soon, if ever. :rolleyes:)

trlestew
23-06-10, 23:06
I might be wrong on this, but can't you make a US account and pay with paypal? I'm unsure but...

michaeldt
23-06-10, 23:52
misleading title :(

interstellardave
24-06-10, 00:05
I also want them to release PS2 games on PSN... the better PS2 games are getting hard to find now, particularly if you want a good quality copy!

trlestew
24-06-10, 00:11
Not all PS3's have backwards compatibility for PS2 titles, so that wouldn't be possible :/

interstellardave
24-06-10, 00:19
Not all PS3's have backwards compatibility for PS2 titles, so that wouldn't be possible :/

A mistake made all the more glaring by having so many PS1 titles available... it's seriously ridiculous for Sony to trumpet about how many games are available on PSN, and not have any PS2 titles! They should release an emulator that you can download to your hardrive... isn't that how people play all those old console games on PC's?

trlestew
24-06-10, 00:26
Sony won't do such a thing :/

And if Sony made an emulator, it would require the EE chip (which is a piece of hardware) to function properly.

If it didn't have that, alot of PS2 games would be glitchy or unplayable (for ex. TR:AOD does not work at all on PCSX2, while TRL and TRA have glitchy title screens and crash after loading the first level)
even still, I dont know why they won't even try >_>

interstellardave
24-06-10, 00:33
Xbox Live has Xbox originals on there... and the 360 never had hardware emulation. I find it very hard to believe that Sony (and others) can't release PS2 classics that are (through some kind of software emulation) playable! I believe, whole-heartedly, that they just want to keep PS2 sales going...

But, I realize I'm off topic with this stuff... More on topic I agree that PS1 titles that are available in one region should be available in ALL regions. That's just plain common sense, and fair for the consumers!

tidusffxwakka
24-06-10, 07:49
i used to be annoyed with the fact that all the good stuff are released on the us psn, like tomb raiders, grandia, wild arms etc so i took the plunge and made a us psn account. its alot better than waiting for the stuff you want. plus ps1 games are quicker on the us psn as they werent converted to pal losing nearly 20% in speed :)

only thing i bought from the eu store is ff9 since it came to eu first for a change.

tombraidergale
24-06-10, 08:00
Yeah, that's a great idea... if you can buy an American PSN Card :p
Do the European credit cards work with dollars too?

tidusffxwakka
24-06-10, 08:04
i use a site which emails you the code and you buy them via paypal which helps :)

ggctuk
24-06-10, 08:28
I might be wrong on this, but can't you make a US account and pay with paypal? I'm unsure but...

I think I have already pointed this bit out:

What we want, ideally, is for the game to be released on the PSN in the EU. I've been told that Eidos has the game data itself so it does not need the masters. The US versions work on the EU PSPs, but a lot of us do not want to go through the hassle of signing up to the US PSN to get these games. We want confirmation that the games have been submitted to SONY, and if they were submitted before Eidos was bought by Square Enix, we want to know if that has somehow affected the games release and the games have to be resubmitted.

Oh, and as for the thread title, I think that you can change it if you edit the Title of the original post. Not that I find it particularly misleading myself.

Tried changing it, it doesn't work.

trlestew
24-06-10, 13:12
It's really simple to make a US account.

I'm sorry, but it seems a bit lazy if it is a hassle imo.

And certain content on PSN is always on the EU store a day before the Us gets it. Just pointing that out.

Another Lara
24-06-10, 13:24
Its all to do with the difference in the code I think, not a favourirtism over US/EU PSN members, at least that's what I was told!

There's issues getting the EU code onto the system, which they've (SONY) been trying to sort out...

Whether they do or not is anyone's guess!

michaeldt
24-06-10, 14:22
And certain content on PSN is always on the EU store a day before the Us gets it. Just pointing that out.

has it ever not been on the US PSN for a year though?

TRfan23
24-06-10, 15:28
I'd have thought the US PSN servers would be separate to EU's, so people in the EU even if they make a US account it would still link them to EU's one?

trlestew
24-06-10, 16:29
no. Make a US account, and you'll have acess to their servers. The only problem is that you'll need paypal to purchase items.

tidusffxwakka
24-06-10, 16:40
or you can use psn vouchers :)

EgyptianSoul
25-06-10, 11:46
Just remember that creating an account for an area you don't live in is against the T&C. Sony seems not to care about people having accounts to different regions at the moment, but that might change some day.

If you want to play it safe then stick with the content available in your own region.

I know it sucks that the European PSN users get treated so badly, but Sony might just one day do something about people who don't obey the rules they have set up for the PSN.

igonge
25-06-10, 12:21
The only problem is that you'll need paypal to purchase items.

OMG really? *goes to check*

peeves
25-06-10, 13:23
Well i got TR1-4 on PSN in the US the only problem is TR5 not appearing on PSN. I wish they'd give us TR5 on PSN sooner or later. It's been almost a year since the first 4 appeared.

trlestew
25-06-10, 13:47
Well if Sony doesn't want us making different accounts, they should make sure that the content is available in ALL regions :ohn:

ggctuk
25-06-10, 15:07
SONY's not saying anything because they get money either way, T&C violations or not.

SONY doesn't want us having custom firmware either. As I've said before on the EU PSN blog, they should just give us a damned application that rips PSOne discs into ISOs, then encodes those ISOs into EBOOT files that are placed straight onto our PSPs with the correct copyright protection details. It wouldn't be hard to make one. This would thus stop one of custom firmware's goals - the running of PSOne games regardless of whether they're on the PSN or not.

Another Lara
29-06-10, 14:07
OK so how does it actually work if you live in the UK but have a US account?! How can you use paypal or vouchers to pay for games? Do I need to buy a US voucher?

I'm asking this as I went to look into it last night and I want to know for certain that it actually works before I go an waste $20 on something that doesn't actually work!

ggctuk
29-06-10, 20:04
UK cards are indeed invalid on the US PSN.

RunrigNutter
30-06-10, 01:59
I dont have PSN, but there's no such thing as UK cards.

Arn't a lot of cards america, Visa etc etc?

Legend of Lara
30-06-10, 03:56
I dont have PSN, but there's no such thing as UK cards.

Pre-paid cards with a redemption code on the back. Punch in the code on PSN and you have instant £age.

sikasika18
30-06-10, 07:46
this is the reason I would never ever buy a psp, and certanly not the psp go wich is overpriced!
every game store should boycott the psp!

and this is coming from a sony lover :(

ggctuk
30-06-10, 09:01
Well, UMD support is fairly good. The problem is that PSOne Classics are strictly a download-only affair, and for that SONY seems to discriminate against the EU customers more than anything else.

Legend of Lara
30-06-10, 12:25
this is the reason I would never ever buy a psp, and certanly not the psp go wich is overpriced!
every game store should boycott the psp!

and this is coming from a sony lover :(

Whu?

BTW, I still have to get a new PSP. Mine is dead. D:

ggctuk
30-06-10, 16:59
How dead? Just bricked?

EDIT: Sigh, another update, more no TR... then again, there were pretty much no games in the update. Ross did remark that there are quite a few PSOne classics in the works so maybe, just maybe, they're getting around to Tomb Raider in the near future. Look forward to it! Now, if only Medal of Honor was on there...

ggctuk
07-07-10, 15:24
Yet again, no TR in this update. Although I had fun playing TR1 when I had CFW on my PSP yesterday (ripped it from my PSOne disc sans-FMVs and music, it ended up a 22MB EBOOT file). Sadly I had to let it go since every single of my other games I downloaded from the PSN failed to work after downgrading then upgrading to CFW, even ISOs don't work :mad:

dcw123
07-07-10, 16:40
You can convert PS1 ISO's into PSP ones using certain tools.
So far, I've played TR1, TR3, TR4 on PSP.
Chronicles worked on an older firmware, but when I updated, it not doesn't.
TR2 always froze outside of Lara's Home so thats a bomber.Infact, I had plenty of games not even on the PSN, such as Crash Bash, Clock Tower 1 and 2, and Resident Evil Survivor. Literally ANY PSX game will work, and ANY region too.

ggctuk
07-07-10, 16:45
Sadly it won't work because Firmware 6.30 (the OFW I'm using now) requires the EBOOT file to be patched specifically with the unit ID. It seems as though this is automatically added via the PSP's firmware if downloaded via the PSP's connection to the PSN, or it is added via the PlayStation Downloader on the Media Go application.

SONY should just release a program that automatically rips and converts your PlayStation discs to EBOOT format, but they won't do it.

It'd be nice if somebody who had the games from the US PSN store said, "Hey, we've already got this game, why don't I just slip you my PSN login and you can download it from there" (since it can be shared between five PSPs)? It's not like we can garner credit card info (especially not if it was bought using PSN Vouchers) or other info like passwords (granted some people would go "haha, let's change the password").

Legend of Lara
07-07-10, 17:01
How dead? Just bricked?

Actually, turns out it works. It doesn't work well, but it works.

ggctuk
07-07-10, 17:03
If it's a software problem, grab a Pandora Battery, that's my advice. I did to try out Custom firmware, but it also can reinstall Official Firmware 3.71 on your devie.

ben croft
07-07-10, 17:20

Agreed. It got me for a second, till I started reading the posts...

:D

ggctuk
07-07-10, 17:23
Yes, I think we dealt with that already. I can't change the title. I could ask a mod.

EDIT: Title changed. Thanks, Ward Dragon :D

ajrich17901
08-07-10, 03:28
I honestly feel bad for the fans in Europe who don't get to play the original games, seeing as how that is where the game originated. But honestly as good as TR is, I think sony should focus on bringing the real classics like Fear Effect, Parasite Eve and all that good stuff to PSN for everyone.

ggctuk
08-07-10, 09:58
Many people on the EU Blog suggest merging the stores. I agree.

tidusffxwakka
08-07-10, 10:06
i agree as well then there wont be a problem with all the non releases

iFrit
09-07-10, 17:32
I don't think the Square-Enix buy out had any impact with the games. They were released on the US store a while AFTER the buy out weren't they?

Sony have no part in the no shows of the PSone TRs so it's all down to Eidos/Square. Eidos published the originals so the issue can't lie with that and Square-Enix have shown they have no problem with the Euro PSN (we have all 3 PSone Final Fantasies PLUS Vagrant Story which the US store has not got).

Jay_Walker say's he isn't fully in the loop so can't give an answer and I don't think Keir has spoken up on the issue yet has he? Let's face it, the majority of publisher's don't give a damn about the Euro PSN compared to the US store and while Eidos are supposedly trying to get the games onto the store, the silence on what's causing the delay is frustrating and shows a major lack of trust in the fans.

Capcom were nice enough to tell us what the hold up was with Resident Evil (licensing issues), which makes the delay for them much more understandable. Just a word or two from someone in the know would, in my opinion, go a long way to making the wait more bearable.

Lara's home
09-07-10, 17:37
Many people on the EU Blog suggest merging the stores. I agree.

Isn't EU PAL and US NTSC or something? Isn't that why they are not merged in the first place?

ggctuk
09-07-10, 17:57
Possibly but the PSP is not region locked. If you buy a PSP game, unlike PS2 and PSOne Original games, the cases do not have NTSC or PAL markers (or, at least, mine don't :p )

@ iFrit - I hadn't thought of that. I might start investigating EBOOT signing or petitioning SONY to release a program so we can rip the discs ourselves.

Since SONY have declared they do not have them, it's time we took the issue up with them.

ggctuk
14-07-10, 17:03
Fired off a quick message to Keir, we'll see if he replies. I'm not overtly confident for an answer, though.

An answer such as "We've been so busy with GoL that we haven't had time to submit them" would be a better response than utter silence.

iFrit
14-07-10, 20:03
I sent a message to Keir ages ago with no answer but you may be more lucky. :P

We know that it's not a case of "oops forgot to submit them." There must be an actual problem that, for some bizarre reason, just so happens to only affect the European releases. What that problem could be though is anyone's guess. ;D

ggctuk
14-07-10, 20:22
It's probably gotten lost in submission (although not under the pile of games that aren't being submitted), and if that is the case, it's probably not been received. Those guys over at the EU PSN would have checked to see if it was hiding somewhere, so the data has probably been deleted by accident either during transmission or receipt.

TombOfRaiders
14-07-10, 21:28
Still no TR Classics this week on PSN. :(

ggctuk
14-07-10, 21:31
Yup, there's been no PSOne classics at all on the EU PSN for the past few updates.

ggctuk
21-07-10, 13:43
A ray of hope falls upon us after I made this comment on PSN:

Next update will probably include LEGO Harry Potter with a bit of luck.

As to all those who want PSOne classics, chances are the rules say that the devs have to submit the game to both SCEE and SCEA to get them. Very unfair, I know – when they submit a game it should be widespread – but there’s nothing we can do about it. Tomb Raider was something I wanted on the PSN by now and it’s been a year since SCEA got it on their PSN store. It seems that it’s the developers who are not confident enough in the EU market to release more PSOne classics. But they’ve failed to grasp that they’re not even giving anybody a chance and that they’re losing money while they dither about like this. So I no longer blame SONY. If you badly want PSOne classics, ask the developers of the game you want as to why they haven’t submitted it yet (although don’t try EIDOS because you won’t get an answer) All I can say is that the people running the store are doing the best they can with what they have. And to that I applaud them. Keep up the good work.

Yes, I meant every word of that. It's not SONY's fault at all like we had been insinuating. As iFrit said, blame Eidos. If the store was as bad as has been slammed for then I wouldn't have as many games as I do as about 60% of my games were purchased from the PSN store.

Here was Ross' reply.

Thank you ggctuk, I really appreciate this comment.

Often the problem is that the Publisher for a particular game is not the same in the US and EU and so there’s some issue with who owns the rights to publish, etc.

You may be interested to know that there may have been some movement on getting Tomb Raider on the EU stores, but I can’t promise you a date yet. A little good news though, eh?

So, a ray of hope! It's not all bad, but remember this is not a guarantee. Ross did say in another comment that there are more PSOne classics coming over though.

Although it was quite funny to observe all the OMG MY PSONE CLASIC AIN'T OUT SONY SUCKS LOLZ comments came after mine.

iFrit
22-07-10, 22:44
Yeah, a least Sony seem to be enquiring about the games. Eidos are probably being a pain with them too.

As you said, it's the publishers/developers fault that the Euro store is so poor in comparison to the US store.

ggctuk
11-08-10, 11:56
With the resuming of PSOne classics on the EU store, I'm fairly confident in the coming months we will see TR on the store.

I don't know what today's update will contain though as the EU PlayStation blog hasn't posted it yet.

iFrit
11-08-10, 12:57
The blog has been updated and not a single PSone Classic this week. They had Rayman 2 and Tekken 2 the past couple of weeks so a week without any can be forgiven. :D

I wonder if Eidos has got it's act together regarding Tomb Raider? Mike on the blogs mentioned that the Legacy of Kain games by Crystal Dynamics were due for a release so it it shows that Eidos is at least willing to work with the Euro Store.

ggctuk
11-08-10, 13:12
Yeah, I can forgive them :p

Considering Anniversary and Legend are on the store also, it does confuse me. i wonder if there was a problem with the data submission if they did submit the games the first time around?

tidusffxwakka
13-08-10, 12:21
tr1 is available on monday for ps+ members and 2 weeks later for regular ppl. its been what a year since the us got them?? lol and £8 is the price#

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/08/13/exclusive-extras-for-playstation-plus-members/#comments

michaeldt
13-08-10, 12:32
ITS ABOUT ****ING TIME!!!!!!!! :jmp: :jmp: :cln: :cln:

TR-Freak
13-08-10, 12:50
but still the PS1 games look crappier than on original PS1.
Look at these total pixelated textures!

But better than nothing.
I never had time to complete the classics on PS1.

Legend of Lara
13-08-10, 13:06
tr1 is available on monday for ps+ members and 2 weeks later for regular ppl. its been what a year since the us got them?? lol and £8 is the price#

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/08/13/exclusive-extras-for-playstation-plus-members/#comments

About ti-- TWO WEEKS LATER!? D:

Sony, you magnificent whores.

jaywalker
13-08-10, 13:14
Oops didnt see this thread.. Yes as stated. its finally coming to PSN.. altho the PS+ member thing was new thing on me . Didnt know they were going to make it exclusive to them for 2 weeks..

Jo269976
13-08-10, 13:18
£8?

El oh el.

MyRaider4Life
13-08-10, 13:18
About ti-- TWO WEEKS LATER!? D:

Sony, you magnificent whores.

Maybe they should release on 360, at least you know there won't be a delay then. :whi:

jaywalker
13-08-10, 13:20
Maybe they should release on 360, at least you know there won't be a delay then. :whi:

oh that would be such a scandal, running a PS1 game on 360 ;) hehe

ggctuk
13-08-10, 13:21
Wondering whether to even bother with subscribing to Plus just for TR - there's been a load of negativity over it from what I can see on the blog posts. Although it is about damned time. I think I will wait until after I get back off holiday.

I will assume that the rest will follow!

Now I need to just give sharp kicks up the jacksie to both EA and Bandai to get their games on the store :D

@TR-Freak: What, did you expect gleaming, TRA quality for the PSP?

Dingaling
13-08-10, 16:57
Wondering whether to even bother with subscribing to Plus just for TR - there's been a load of negativity over it from what I can see on the blog posts. Although it is about damned time. I think I will wait until after I get back off holiday.

The Plus content seems to be ramping up especially for September (an entire series of PSN games for free, woot!) so the initial July month was haywire especially due to the Plus discrepancies between the American store and the European Store but if this month and September are anything to go buy then it seems the subscription will be worthwhile.

Still, can't wait for Monday! Screw my friend's birthday, Tomb Raider is where it's at!

igonge
13-08-10, 17:11
Oooh. I might join PS+ to get it LMAO

Doctorb
13-08-10, 17:19
Well, i'm going to get it!

Even though my discs work just fine, having them directly on the drive wil be a bonus. :)

ozzman
13-08-10, 17:25

if that happens. i will roll in a mud pit, i would die to have TR3 on 360, but it will never happen, just like AOD being put on PSN

TR FAN 18
13-08-10, 22:09
£8?! Considering I paid like £2 for TR2 on PC that's kind of overpriced for PS1.

trlestew
13-08-10, 22:15
oh that would be such a scandal, running a PS1 game on 360 ;) hehe

Castlevania: SotN was ported to the 360 :o

And how much is 8 euros/pounds in dollars?

If it is around $10, then I guess it's reasonable. Around the same price as the US version.

tidusffxwakka
14-08-10, 07:22
roughly $12.50

michaeldt
14-08-10, 15:55
well, I am a PS+ subscriber :D I will download this on Day 1 and put it on my PSP :jmp:

ggctuk
14-08-10, 16:31
Heh, I can wait because it might be lower priced when they roll it out on the PSN in general.

ajrich17901
14-08-10, 16:33
Heh, I can wait because it might be lower priced when they roll it out on the PSN in general.

Nope, the whole point of PSplus is to get it cheaper through that service, if anything you'll be paying a bit more when it hits the normal PS Store. As for example they have a thing where a ps1 game is normally $5.99 on the store, but with PS Plus ya either get it free or its around $2.99 instead.

ggctuk
14-08-10, 17:24
Yeah, but then why is it £7.99? I somehow can't see SONY, even though they're in a phase of naive denial, rolling it out higher than it already is.

ajrich17901
14-08-10, 17:35
Yeah, but then why is it £7.99? I somehow can't see SONY, even though they're in a phase of naive denial, rolling it out higher than it already is.

..Sadly I can lol plus its also the first game in the series which means it will be at least $4 more than the rest of the TR games on the PS store.

Dingaling
15-08-10, 01:55
The game will be £8 when it hits the normal PSN. In this case, the PS Plus users are getting it earlier than the intended date.

Love2Raid
15-08-10, 02:24
Yes, finally I can play them on my PSP! :jmp::jmp:

How about getting them on the XBLA marketplace? :o:D

iFrit
15-08-10, 13:12
How about getting them on the XBLA marketplace? :o:D

To do that, they'd have to optimize the games to run on the xbox (PC ports maybe?) and even then, with achievements being a necessity, I don't think SE/Eidos would be interesting in spending any time on it.

ggctuk
15-08-10, 15:35
Do the PSOne classics have trophies on the PS3?

If they ported the PC versions they would have the whole exclusivity thing again because there would be the argument that if they can port TR1/2/3 from PC to XBox360, they can do the expansions for them too.

trlestew
15-08-10, 15:37
No they don't.

They don't have any enchancements except for the fact that it is in digital form, and you can scale it up to HD. (Although an emulator does this much better and then some if you have the original TR1 disc...)

ggctuk
15-08-10, 15:55
^ Exactly my point. They wouldn't have to add Achievements to the games.

Dingaling
15-08-10, 16:54
^ Exactly my point. They wouldn't have to add Achievements to the games.

Unless it's a demo or Indie Game then they would have to add achievements. Since Indie games are games made by "non-developers" and the game isn't a demo then if it appeared on the Xbox 360 it would be a requirement for it to have Achievements :).

TombOfRaiders
20-08-10, 01:40
PlayStation Plus Only ATM. When does it come to Normal Users? 2 weeks later or something?

ggctuk
20-08-10, 13:56
Apparently next week.

ggctuk
03-09-10, 15:07
Now TR1's out on the PSN, and we have this victory, I want to push further for the release of the other four games, TRC being released on US PSN too is what I want to push for.

AmericanAssassin
03-09-10, 15:08
TRC being released on US PSN too is what I want to push for.

I wish. :(

ggctuk
03-09-10, 16:08
Pester the US PSN people as we did to get TR1 on the store. It should work (in the end). Because there's got to be people who will catch on and say, "Hey, we want that too!"

peeves
03-09-10, 16:23
So I'm still waiting for TR5 to be released on PSN in the US. And Sony/Eidos are taking so long to put that game on PSN. :(

ggctuk
03-09-10, 16:36
I'm afraid they won't do it without proactivity on the part of the PSN subscribers. The fight to get at least TR1 on the store proved that.

scion05
13-09-10, 11:28
So the others games still aren't on there ? Hmmmm.

ggctuk
13-09-10, 19:25
Not yet anyhows. Keep up the fight and we should get them all.

ggctuk
28-09-10, 08:27
Hey, have any of the other three TRs been submitted yet? It's be nice to get an answer from jaywalker who seems to know more about the whole submission process for a game.

ryan91
28-09-10, 08:42
i've seen so many psp players plays classic tomb raiders on psp. if you have the original psx versions of the games, you can convert them iso format on pc and play it on psp.(i don't know how to do it exactly but there are tutorials on the net)

and if you don't have the original cds, you can still download iso versions from the net illegally and go to hell.

ggctuk
29-09-10, 10:30
Yes, they do it with Custom Firmware, which I cannot have on my PSP because I bought a lot of my games from the PS Store directly, which means if I have custom firmware these games don't work.

I'd rather not condone illegal actions. However I would like to see SONY come up with a tool that allows legitimate PSOne disc holders to create their own EBOOT files. The way this could work is thus: The program specifically only makes EBOOTS from the disc, thus stopping people from making illegal EBOOTS from ISO files. It might lose them a bit of money though (unless they have it so that you have to either pay for the conversion or have a one-off payment for the application) but it beats the alternative.

iFrit
13-12-10, 02:11
DEJA'VU BUMP! Hopefully this gains some attention as we still haven't received the second game on the Euro PSN.

It's a joke really. Not only did we have to wait a year for the first game, but now it's looking like we're not even gonna get the rest at this rate. :S

I tried PM'mg Keir twice but got no reply. Would be a slap in the face if we never got TR2-4 considering TR was make in the UK. Posted this both here and on the TR2 forum to increase visibility. :p

TombOfRaiders
13-12-10, 12:04
I wanna see TR2-5 on the Store.

Otherwise I'll just crack my PSP and grab some illegal downloads of them off the net.