PDA

View Full Version : PS4 + Xbox 720 + WiiWii = No

Catracoth
27-06-10, 16:16
http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plugged-in/where-are-the-new-consoles-/1403454

Looks like we'll be waiting quite some time before the next generation consoles are unveiled.

Good.

Melonie Tomb Raider
27-06-10, 16:17
Way too early for the new stuff, I say. :p

Lara Fan 4Life
27-06-10, 16:17
Them three consoles still have many more games to give and should all continue to have a long run, so yeah, great! :tmb:

Carbonek_0051
27-06-10, 16:19
I saw this earlier, I really don't mind. I am content with the consoles that are out now, I would prefer them to make the library of games bigger before continuing on with new consoles. If that makes sense. :p

TRfan23
27-06-10, 16:21
tbh why don't they leave it until 2018 or 2020, for the next gen consoles. I'm fine with my PS3 as it is and would cope with it for 8-10 more years :)

Plus by then the hardware would be much more powerful ;)

Jo269976
27-06-10, 16:22
It's way too early for new consoles. I hope to have another five years of the current consoles, before the next ones are even announced.

Lara's Nemesis
27-06-10, 16:29
I'm in no rush for the next generation either.

I wonder how much it will cost to develop games for the new machines and how much the games will cost us?

da tomb raider!
27-06-10, 16:38
I'm not too happy about this news. For one thing, I haven't been particularly impressed with this generation and I'd be quite happy to move on to the next, and also, I'm eager to see how the PlayStation 4 will shape up. Or rather, I just want to see if Sony will bother giving it full PS1 and PS2 backwards compatibility. And furthermore, I don't have much to be eager about as far as the PS3 is concerned. PlayStation Move isn't up my street, and as for games making the most of the hardware, I doubt most developers have the money to do any such thing. And talking of money, sure, development costs will rise even higher with the next generation of consoles, but will developers and publishers be any more safe in five years than they are today? I doubt it. Of course, I don't want any games companies to go bankrupt, but I don't think delaying the next generation for a few years is going to help them. So ultimately I'd still like to see the next generation arrive a little sooner.

lara c. fan
27-06-10, 16:39
I really wanted the PS4 brought out before Christmas. This would have equaled a super cheap PS3.

Lara Fan 4Life
27-06-10, 16:41
Or rather, I just want to see if Sony will bother giving it full PS1 and PS2 backwards compatibility.

Is it not time to let that go? I don't see the PS4 having backwards compatibility for the PS1 and PS2, time to move on! If you want to play them games, buy a PS2, they're dirt cheap nowdays, or kept the one you have, which can play both PS2 and PS1 games! Time to move with the times and not be held back by having backwards compatiblity for them now dead, old consoles! :wve:

[Xmas]
27-06-10, 16:44
WHAT THE...!?
PS4!? XBOX 720?? WII... WHAT!?
I didn't even know these exist or they will exist to be honest :o

Lara Fan 4Life
27-06-10, 16:45
^ There really is no doubt we'll be seeing a PS4, a new version of the 360 and Wii in the future! ;)

larafan25
27-06-10, 16:46
I do not want the next generation of consoles for a long time.:)

[Xmas]
27-06-10, 16:49
^ There really is no doubt we'll be seeing a PS4, a new version of the 360 and Wii in the future! ;)I am all for it but isn't it too early?
I don't consider PS3 or Xbox 360 being old gen in any way :p

CiaKonwerski
27-06-10, 16:51
I am glad to hear this. :)

Lara Fan 4Life
27-06-10, 16:53
;4707595']I am all for it but isn't it too early?
I don't consider PS3 or Xbox 360 being old gen in any way :p

But that's the point of this thread, that them consoles, which are obviously in developement, won't be released anytime soon ..

dox online
27-06-10, 16:53
PS4 and Xbox 720 okay, but WiiWii? Nintendo give new names to their new consoles, they are not just all one series that have almost identical names and features!

da tomb raider!
27-06-10, 16:54
Is it not time to let that go? I don't see the PS4 having backwards compatibility for the PS1 and PS2, time to move on! If you want to play them games, buy a PS2, they're dirt cheap nowdays, or kept the one you have, which can play both PS2 and PS1 games! Time to move with the times and not be held back by having backwards compatiblity for them now dead, old consoles! :wve:

I have a couple of hundred PS1 and PS2 games, most of which I really like, so no, I'd rather not let them go. I'd be more than content with the PS2, but sadly, it's been discontinued in the country I'm living in, and I like to avoid buying preowned consoles for obvious reasons. And I don't see how backwards compatibility holds back consoles. Most people seem to appreciate it, and Sony are still selling new PS2s for a measly $99 in the US, so I doubt it'd cost them much to implement it, either.

In any case, I'm hopeful, because if Sony want to keep selling PS1 games on PSN (and eventually PS2 games), and I'm guessing that they will, then they'll have to include some sort of backwards compatibility. It could be the dribblingly pathetic backwards compatibility that the PS3 has, or it could be the almost perfect backwards compatibility that the PS2 has. Hopefully the latter. We'll have to wait and see... and I hope that we don't have to wait another five years.

Alex Fly
27-06-10, 16:54
Ditto. :tmb:

Those actual consoles are good enough for the moment and we can have fun with them for more years.

da tomb raider!
27-06-10, 17:13
On a side note, perhaps PCs should be considered, too. I'm not a modern PC gamer and I'm not too well-informed as far as PC gaming is concerned, but I do believe that, through upgrades and whatnot, PCs can become more advanced pretty quickly. It wouldn't surprise me if today's high-end gaming PCs are already more powerful than the PS3 and 360 (games like Crysis can only be played on the PC, after all), and they're only going to get more powerful - and cheaper - in the following years. Meanwhile, consoles will be running on five-year-old technology. As powerful as they might be and with as much "untapped potential" as they might have, I imagine that today's consoles will start to look awfully outdated when compared to high-end PCs. In many aspects, they probably already are. If console manufacturers don't step in and offer more advanced consoles soon, then I'd say that it's possible and probable that they're going to lose a lot of market to PC.

[Xmas]
27-06-10, 17:17
On a side note, perhaps PCs should be considered, too. I'm not a modern PC gamer and I'm not too well-informed as far as PC gaming is concerned, but I do believe that, through upgrades and whatnot, PCs can become more advanced pretty quickly. It wouldn't surprise me if today's high-end gaming PCs are already more powerful than the PS3 and 360 (games like Crysis can only be played on the PC, after all), and they're only going to get more powerful - and cheaper - in the following years. Meanwhile, consoles will be running on five-year-old technology. As powerful as they might be and with as much "untapped potential" as they might have, I imagine that today's consoles will start to look awfully outdated when compared to high-end PCs. In many aspects, they probably already are. If console manufacturers don't step in and offer more advanced consoles soon, then I'd say that it's possible and probable that they're going to lose a lot of market to PC.I agree completely :tmb:

_Awestruck_
27-06-10, 17:19
I really wanted the PS4 brought out before Christmas. This would have equaled a super cheap PS3.

You're joking...right?

amaris
27-06-10, 17:26
i lioke the current syatems, so i could stand a few years waiting time. :D

Minty Mouth
27-06-10, 19:43
It's much too soon for the next gen. I don't even know if the technology that would be a sufficient step-up has been invented yet . . .

peeves
27-06-10, 20:51
How much will PS4 cost when it comes out? I'm gonna guess 1000 dollars. I say wait more time for the new consoles.

xXhayleyroxXx
27-06-10, 20:52
I agree, its still too early and I love my ps3 :p Even when the new generation comes out I'll keep using my ps3 for a few years until the price drops and any technical glitches are solved

Survival
27-06-10, 20:52
WiiWii ?

:vlol:

Tombraider95
27-06-10, 21:06
I hate it when they upgrade a console, like if a new one comes out which i like, i wont get it straight away, it will be like over a year till i finally get it as it comes out very dear, but when i do eventually get it, a newer version then comes out costing twice as much and then im stick with an older version while other people have the newer one. :pi:

Dominic_raider
27-06-10, 21:15

I hated that in PS3 for the first months because my PS2 is broken and I don't own PS1 :( Couldn't bother to pay money to arrange my PS2. I realised that PS3 games are really good, and if I want to play PS2 games, I can just ask to a friend of mine and borrow his PS2. Anyway, I'm happy with my PS3 and I think it's too soon to see a PS4. Besides PS4 doesn't sounds that good. 4 isn't that much of an interesting button.

robm_2007
28-06-10, 18:30

i dont either. i am perfectly fine with there not being a PS4 or Xbox 720 until at least 2015. they dont really need to make new hardware, they can just release new updates and such to make the current consoles better. i could care less about a PSP2 or an Xbox Baby, or there being a WiiWii, lol.

i can only imagine that the games would be $79.99, and the consoles to be a MSRP at $699.99.

Biddy
28-06-10, 18:36
I already get a headache just reading the names. I honestly don't want to hear about the next generation for a long time. Current consoles are still fabulous. :jmp:

AmericanAssassin
28-06-10, 19:15
WiiWii? :vlol:

I know. As soon as I read the thread title, I couldn't think of anything else. :vlol:

lara c. fan
28-06-10, 19:16
You're joking...right?

Nope :p

I really want a PS3, but I don't get much money :p

TippingWater
28-06-10, 21:06
New next gen consoles with this economy !? :vlol::tmb:

Lara Fan 4Life
28-06-10, 21:07
^ Even with this economy, console and games still continue to sell loads of units each week ...

TippingWater
28-06-10, 23:57
^ Even with this economy, console and games still continue to sell loads of units each week ...

Yup , but let's not forget that games nowadays take millions of dollars to make , *cough* **Red Dead Redemption 100 millions **** *cough*

Legend of Lara
28-06-10, 23:58
Awesome. I'm so not ready to upgrade. :p

lara c. fan
28-06-10, 23:58
Yup , but let's not forget that games nowadays take millions of dollars to make , *cough* **Red Dead Redemption 100 millions **** *cough*

Eh?

What did they do, build a time machine, go to the past, and make sure they were accurate? :p

irjudd
29-06-10, 00:15
I'll be honest this time and say that this is a little disappointing. This generation has been quite lackluster to me. It's why I converted 100% to PC gaming when 360 came out. The upgrade between PS2/3 Xbox/360 and Gamecube/Wii was just... the hardware just seemed like such a massive waste of money. I guess I got spoiled by the huge leap in advancement between PS1 and PS2 that my expectations were too high.

BoyTRaider
29-06-10, 00:21
I still think there's plenty of time for developers to dwell into the each machine's full power and blast its full potential as far as gaming goes.

It's like games that were released in 2000 to the games released in 2006 for the PS2... You could see a massive difference between them.

Ward Dragon
29-06-10, 09:50
I'll be honest this time and say that this is a little disappointing. This generation has been quite lackluster to me. It's why I converted 100% to PC gaming when 360 came out. The upgrade between PS2/3 Xbox/360 and Gamecube/Wii was just... the hardware just seemed like such a massive waste of money. I guess I got spoiled by the huge leap in advancement between PS1 and PS2 that my expectations were too high.

I agree (although I've still got a 360 and a Wii :p). As good as some of the games look on 360, they still pale in comparison to many PC games from the past few years. Granted graphics aren't everything, but if I have the choice between playing the same game with better graphics or not, I'd choose with better graphics. Oh well, as long as developers still tailor the PC version to take advantage of PC's capabilities I guess I won't have too much of a problem. I don't think we're at the point yet where developers have complex gameplay ideas that can't be done on the consoles. They'll just limit draw distance or lower the graphics another way in order to make the game work if they have to. For example, I played Oblivion and Dragon Age on PC and when I saw videos of the console versions I was shocked at how much worse they looked (Dragon Age had really blurry textures, and Oblivion's draw distance was so short that I couldn't believe it).

igonge
29-06-10, 11:35
I'd rather the new consoles be announced when the current ones are at least 10 years old. But I have no doubt that they are playing about with making new hardware right now.

MiCkiZ88
29-06-10, 11:53
Personally I would like the new cosoles to come around 2014/15 if possible. Am too lazy to search for facts at the moment, but from what I remember the PS1 got released in 94. The PS1 in 2000/01 and the PS3 in 2007. Six to seven year difference. The PS3 is just three years old now, and the 360 was released about four years ago. Halfway through this generation I say.

I don't even understand why people are wanting the new consoles now after a short while. Developers are finally starting to get used to developing on both consoles and not many even get near the limits like they did in PS2 gaming during the last few years. Hell... some of the games on PS3 look like they could be played on the PS2/Xbox with only minor changes in textures and draw distance.

Why I would also want the next generation to come later is because of the difference in technology. I do not want to use today's technology in future consoles. I want them to have the day after tomorrows equipment. Maybe, just maybe even upgradable parts.

Glašon
29-06-10, 13:26
Whoops! *post irrelevant*