PDA

View Full Version : PSP Firmware 6.30 hints NeoGeo and PC Engine

TombOfRaiders
30-06-10, 15:16
As well as the ability to "group" your games into folders under the [Games] Section, Sony have added 2 folders to the system which are called NeoGeo and PC Engine, along with the Playstation, PSP and minis folders. So, this may hint that Sony will be bringing the retro games back to life again.

Your discussion on this!

Alive_and_Funky
30-06-10, 15:50
It would be great news if NeoGeo games came to the PSP, as don't they (along with the console) cost a tonne? Still, I'll refrain from getting my hopes up, as they've hardly put a lot of effort into the selection of PS1 games available for the PSP.

On another note, am I the only person who thinks that the NeoGeo is the most coolly named games console? :whi:

TombOfRaiders
30-06-10, 15:53
It would be great news if NeoGeo games came to the PSP, as don't they (along with the console) cost a tonne? Still, I'll refrain from getting my hopes up, as they've hardly put a lot of effort into the selection of PS1 games available for the PSP.

On another note, am I the only person who thinks that the NeoGeo is the most coolly named games console? :whi:

I think the name is cool!

The PlayStation Store updates in a few hours so watch the space and Sony may give us something big.

voltz
30-06-10, 18:52
NeoGeo and PC Engine eh? It's not authentic enough if you can't hook up an arcade stick via USB and run the games with scanlines.

ggctuk
30-06-10, 20:16
Not buying into this. I'm going to stick with 6.20 for the meantime. 6.30 is a cynical attempt to plug the hole in the Patapon Save Game Exploit.

TombOfRaiders
30-06-10, 20:18
Not buying into this. I'm going to stick with 6.20 for the meantime. 6.30 is a cynical attempt to plug the hole in the Patapon Save Game Exploit.

The Exploit didn't work with me. I've given up with attempted hacks on the PSP. So I just update with Sony.

ggctuk
30-06-10, 20:19
I'm going with a Pandora Battery, or waiting for CFW 6.20.

TombOfRaiders
30-06-10, 20:26
Huh? The store updated but no NeoGeo games or whatever? I suppose it is early for them...

ggctuk
30-06-10, 20:30
The store updated for the PS3 more than anything else. It'll take a lot to make me upgrade to the next firmware. Such as supporting homebrew.

Speaking of updates, I hear they'll be releasing some more PSOne Classics soon.

TombOfRaiders
30-06-10, 20:31
The store updated for the PS3 more than anything else.

Speaking of updates, I hear they'll be releasing some more PSOne Classics soon.

Really? Let's get our fingers crossed for some Tomb Raider Classics.

ggctuk
30-06-10, 20:34
Ross, who runs the EU Blog, says there are definitely a few in the pipeline, including games which people have been pestering them for. Tomb Raider appears quite frequently in the pestering posts (including one of mine XD)