PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jackson the Game

Jami393
02-07-10, 09:22
Well it's official there is going to be a game realeased with the King of Pop Michael Jackson, it's going to be developed and published by Ubisoft. Also it's going to feature songs like Billie Jean and Beat It, also it features both dancing and singing to the game.

Screenshots

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2010/06/screenshot---beat-it01last.jpg

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2010/06/screenshotbilliejean01.jpg

E3 2010 video
eVcuOzmGSvg

The game comes out holiday 2010 on Xbox 360 Kinect (Project Natal), PS3 Playstation Move, PSP, DS and Nintendo Wii. Also I want to know what you think about this game.

Sharon_14
02-07-10, 10:50
leave the man alone, that is all i have to say :confused:

michaeldt
02-07-10, 10:55
Jesus, I've always hated Michael Jackson, i'll certainly be paying no attention to this

TR FAN 18
02-07-10, 11:04
Just another shameful attempt to make cash off MJ. KNOCK IT OFF! :hea:
Besides, NO GAMEPLAY was shown at the E3 presentation. By the looks of what was going, it's probably gonna be another generic dancing game. *sigh* :rolleyes:

I'm so glad I didn't stay up to watch Ubisoft's E3. If that's their idea of a good finish then that was just awful.

Glašon
02-07-10, 11:12
Ru4srs?

FAIL. Seriously.

Mystery-King
02-07-10, 11:43
I wish they would leave him alone now, seriously! Let sleeping dogs lie. ANd what I find so shameful is during his last few years of being here he was branded almost every bad thing under the sun by everyone and even people who had never met him but it took something as tragic as his death to finally make people see that he was a genius and he defined a musical era and he was by far greater than anyone had seen and he finally got the respect he deserved. And now they keep using his image just to rake in as much money as possible. Its disgusting and very sad! :(

matrix54
02-07-10, 11:51
sweety, thats how art works :p

You die, someone gets your money, and you become amazing :p

Mystery-King
02-07-10, 11:56
sweety, thats how art works :p

You die, someone gets your money, and you become amazing :p

Yeah, I know. :p I need to get to the dying part, then I will be amazing! :D Its just very sad!

matrix54
02-07-10, 12:04
Even my school tried to make money money off him. Not only did we put on one rushed show for him (i was free BTW) we put on another(rushed BTW), charged for it and made a killing. It wasn't right to do, but it is profitable :p

NRO.
02-07-10, 12:39
Wasn't the nintendo game (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2MI73_ueMQ) enough?

Alex Fly
02-07-10, 13:24
Honestly I knew a new MJ game was planned but at first I was expecting a new Moonwalker. I'm afraid this one will be a big fail. :(

I haven't seen the video yet, I'm going to watch it. Thanks for posting.

EDIT : Random video lol.

ViNi__
02-07-10, 13:27

it wasn't Sega's........?

and I did enjoyed Moonwalker... :rolleyes:

on topic: meh :pi:

Catracoth
02-07-10, 13:30
Jesus, enough negativity, people. :rolleyes:

I think this game looks great, and will allow people to relive his brilliance.

Carbonek_0051
02-07-10, 13:31
I think the game looks good, I am definitely keeping my eye on it.

Alex Fly
02-07-10, 13:32
Well I have to admit that I'm a little bit sceptical, but since it's a Michael Jackson title I already know that I will buy it... :pi:

Jami393
02-07-10, 13:38

Well Moonwalker wasn't released on a Nintendo console, seeing that it was developed by Sega and they where rivals back then.

Jami393
02-07-10, 13:47
Also for all those who think we should leave MJ alone I agree, but couldn't you think of this as a tribute game for his greatness. Yeah I know Ubisoft will be making money from it but it could also be their tribute.

Shark_Blade
02-07-10, 14:19
Honestly I knew a new MJ game was planned but at first I was expecting a new Moonwalker. I'm afraid this one will be a big fail. :(

I haven't seen the video yet, I'm going to watch it. Thanks for posting.

EDIT : Random video lol.I thought it'll be like Moonwalker too. Sadly not.:(

trlestew
02-07-10, 14:22
leave the man alone, that is all i have to say :confused:

Agreed.

Alive_and_Funky
02-07-10, 14:45
A Michael Jackson video game was being made to coincide with his This Is It tour, so, assuming that this is the same game, the video game started being made before Jackson's death.

Jo269976
02-07-10, 15:04
Y'all hatin' are just jealous that you will suck at doing MJ's moves. :cool:

Jami393
02-07-10, 15:17
A Michael Jackson video game was being made to coincide with his This Is It tour, so, assuming that this is the same game, the video game started being made before Jackson's death.

Well if this is the same game that was being made to coincide with his This Is It tour, than this was maybe one of his final projects with Ubisoft. But seeing that MJ sadly passed away Ubisoft may had rights to finish it of as a tribute to the King of Pop.

RAID
02-07-10, 16:15
This will be the greatest game of all time. :jmp:

CiaKonwerski
02-07-10, 16:28
Why just why lol? I will not be buying this game only because it has to do with MJ.

GenyaArikado
02-07-10, 16:28
This will be the greatest game of all time. :jmp:

or not

amaris
02-07-10, 22:24
i never liked the man, so this is just stupid as all hell. who the **** will buy this???? :hea: he died, get over it.

Jo269976
02-07-10, 22:35
i never liked the man, so this is just stupid as all hell. who the **** will buy this???? :hea: he died, get over it.

Just because you didn't like the man, doesn't mean that everyone has to follow in your footsteps. Some of us were big fans and obviously, we will be the target audience for this game.

he died, get over it.

Oh Jesus Christ, grow up :rolleyes:

Gladous
02-07-10, 22:59
I'm sure the big MJ fans will love this game! I'm not an entire fan of his work but it seems fun. Is it kind of like DDR but with his tracks?

A shame that they're still making money off of him...

trlestew
03-07-10, 00:13
Oh Jesus Christ, grow up :rolleyes:

I don't understand how they were immature by telling people to get over his death. It has been over a year since he has died. He has been a major influenece on Pop and other's people's life (Altough I don't undertsand the latter) and people keep idolizing him like he's God. He was just a man. If any other man died (everyday...) no one would care. Just stating an opinion.
getting rather sick of hearing about him myself.

amaris
03-07-10, 01:03
I don't understand how they were immature by telling people to get over his death. It has been over a year since he has died. He has been a major influenece on Pop and other's people's life (Altough I don't undertsand the latter) and people keep idolizing him like he's God. He was just a man. If any other man died (everyday...) no one would care. Just stating an opinion.
getting rather sick of hearing about him myself.

thank you. I was merely stating my opinion. i in no way wanted to influence people to follow my likes/dislikes of the man.

Gladous
03-07-10, 01:22
Where's Billy Mayes's game? :(

Jo269976
03-07-10, 01:50
If any other man died (everyday...) no one would care.

It's funny you say that, I hear that argument all the time in regards to celebrity deaths. Do you honestly think that when someone as big as Michael Jackson or Elvis Presley or whoever it may be, will simply be forgotten about when they die? These people hold something dear to people's lives, it can be a specific era, an event, what said person has done for society, etc. Not everyone shares the same feelings towards the individual, if they want to remember a celebrity until the day they die, that's their choice. It may not be your case, but one person can mean a lot for some people, even if they haven't personally known them. Don't blame the public for what the media portray.

But when the man's death anniversary has just gone, and the details of this game (which was in the making before his death) have just been unveiled, do you people seriously think the media and the public won't latch onto that?

Jami393
03-07-10, 10:21
Well all I can say is this game is the fourth or fifth game that Michael was involved with.

RAID
03-07-10, 10:37
or not
I was being sarcastic :p

Alex Fly
09-07-10, 17:24
Ubisoft's Michael Jackson game will be known as Michael Jackson The Experience and will be released in November.

The console games - PS3, Wii, Xbox 360 - will use their respective motion sensing technology (Move, Wii MotionPlus, Kinect) to put you in Michael Jackson's slick loafers as he moonwalks, spins, kicks and shrieks through some of his most famous performances.

The Wii game will be more or less the same as Ubisoft's very popular Just Dance.

The Kinect version has technology similar to that of Ubisoft's Your Shape and projects a 3D image of the player on screen to replace the usual avatars. Kinect's microphone means singing and dancing can be done simultaneously and hands-free.

Microphones can be used with the PS3 version in a separate singing mode.

The DS and PSP games, meanwhile, will use tap-on rhythm gameplay. Oli Welsh, who was at a London event for the game last night, said the DS game looked very similar to Ouendan - tapping numbered circles in sequence and drawing between them.

Ubisoft announced the Michael Jackson game at E3; publisher boss Yves Guillemot asked the audience to imagine the possibilities.
(source (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/ubisofts-michael-jackson-game-detailed))

TR FAN 18
09-07-10, 17:52
The Wii game will be more or less the same as Ubisoft's very popular Just Dance.

That doesn't sound good. Just Dance has been given very bad reviews. It's got 49% on Metacritic (http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/wii/justdance). It's only popular because of the name of a certain Lady Gaga single. :rolleyes:

michaeldt
09-07-10, 18:31
this is just a cheap cash in IMO. People considered Elvis a rock God, he died, people got over it, no need to carry on with it after a year :)

Jo269976
09-07-10, 18:44
this is just a cheap cash in IMO. People considered Elvis a rock God, he died, people got over it, no need to carry on with it after a year :)

Elvis died about 33 years ago and some still haven't gotten over his death, there is a big difference between last July and 1977.

Not to mention this game was in the making before Michael's death. :wve:

RockSteady101
09-07-10, 23:36
Y'all hatin' are just jealous that you will suck at doing MJ's moves. :cool:

THIS, I mean I've (as has Jo!) spent years becoming a, for personal fun, MJ impersonater. Now, every kid who loved him the minute he hit the coffin (WE LOVE YOU MICHELE JARKSAN XXX<3RIPBBLY) will be going "Look I can moonwalk!"

MMM HMM

[EDIT] That aside it looks good! lol

KIKO
10-07-10, 01:44
He was just a man. If any other man died (everyday...) no one would care. Just stating an opinion.

He was a man that has turned 'immortal'. Immortal in the sense that his memory will live forever unlike those other man's who didn't become 'immortal' (I don't like philosophy btw :pi:)

I'm not discriminating those who haven't become immortal, i'm just saying that famous people can be harder to get over with...

Gladous
10-07-10, 02:48
THIS, I mean I've (as has Jo!) spent years becoming a, for personal fun, MJ impersonater. Now, every kid who loved him the minute he hit the coffin (WE LOVE YOU MICHELE JARKSAN XXX<3RIPBBLY) will be going "Look I can moonwalk!"

MMM HMM

[EDIT] That aside it looks good! lol

Took the words right out of my mouth. :p

It's honestly pathetic.

voltz
10-07-10, 05:25
I'll only be into this if Gary Coleman makes a cameo.

Jami393
10-07-10, 08:58
If the Wii version is going to be like Just Dance, then I'll still get it because Michael had some of the best dance moves in history. Also how come the Wii version doesn't support a microphone, because they have had the share of karaoke games.

Solice
11-07-10, 04:19
Jesus Juice powerups!

Catracoth
11-07-10, 04:26
The arrogance in this thread is disgusting.

Jami393
12-07-10, 19:30
So what songs do you think will be in this game then, I think Thriller and Smooth Criminal should be in it.

Alex Fly
13-07-10, 09:32
All his biggest hits hopefully ! :)

Jo269976
13-07-10, 09:35
So what songs do you think will be in this game then, I think Thriller and Smooth Criminal should be in it.

Of course they'll be in it.

Shark_Blade
13-07-10, 12:02
I hope Scream and They Dont Care About Us are in it.

Jami393
15-07-10, 08:06
If there is going to be a singing mode for the 360 and PS3, I say songs like Leave Me Alone and The Way You Make Me Feel will go well in the game.