PDA

View Full Version : Which one should I buy - X360 Elite or X360 Slim?

ben croft
07-07-10, 17:07
Hi everyone :wve:

Well, I own a PS3 and wanna buy an Xbox 360 too, cause I wanna enjoy at most what both console have to offer. But I don't know which one to buy. Is the new model good?? Does it have problems since its release?! Thanks for the help...

:wve:

Carbonek_0051
07-07-10, 17:09
I haven't heard of any issues with the slim yet, so I would say that's your best bet. Especially since the slim has built in wi-fi, and it would cost more to get the Elite & a wi-fi adapter.

TombOfRaiders
07-07-10, 17:11
360 Slim ;)

Alpharaider47
07-07-10, 17:13
I'd say go with the Slim. It has a few vast improvements from the others which should make it more reliable and you'll probably avoid a lot of the issues that the others have had. Plus the built in wifi and so on is nice.

ben croft
07-07-10, 17:16
I haven't heard of any issues with the slim yet, so I would say that's your best bet. Especially since the slim has built in wi-fi, and it would cost more to get the Elite & a wi-fi adapter.

I don't use the wifi even on the PS3. I prefer the cable, the connection is faster I think. I'm in doubt cause the Slim is a new console and maybe issues can occur. My biggest concern is: overheating. I don't wanna have a RRoL. So scared of it .. lol

Love2Raid
07-07-10, 17:16
Get the Slim!

Itīs more silent than the old model, it shuts down by itself when there is a risk of overheating, it has WiFi (very important) and you can Kinect it (:p).

ben croft
07-07-10, 17:18
Get the Slim!

Itīs more silent than the old model, it has WiFi (very important) and you can Kinect it (:p).

That's my question too: on the box, it says Kinect ready? What does it mean?? I won't have to buy the Kinect camera?? The old models of the Xbox 360 will have to buy an adaptor along with the Kinect camera?? I'm confused...

Love2Raid
07-07-10, 17:20
No, it just means that you can plug the Kinect power cable in the XBOX, so no separate adapter.

ben croft
07-07-10, 17:23
No, it just means that you can plug the Kinect power cable in the XBOX, so no separate adapter.

Oh thanks! I loved the Kinectimals... so cute, so me...

:D

Ward Dragon
07-07-10, 17:25
Very interesting :) My brother has had one of the original white 360's for around 3 years now and it's started giving him trouble recently so he's also wondering whether to buy an Elite or a Slim. I've had an elite for over a year without any problems, so I'm just going to stick with it. However it's good to see that the Slims haven't had any problems so far either. I'll let him know :)

Edit: Does the Slim also have all of the same ports as the Elite, including a port for a regular Ethernet cable? I know it doesn't come with these cables, but if we already had the cables could we hook it up? (We don't have wi-fi :o)

Love2Raid
07-07-10, 17:26
Haha, yeah I know, really cute. I think my little cousin would love it as well. She plays with me on the XBOX all the time. :D

aurora89
07-07-10, 22:32
Buy the elite! because I'm selling mine for cheap! lol jk (well, sort of, it really is up for sale...) but you could definitely get a lightly used 360 for cheaper than the slim (I expect mine to go for about $250 and it includes 2 controllers, a good game or two, and all the cords including ethernet-- you're not going to find that in the slim).

It depends a lot. I think the elite has a lot of good qualities and with the way I take care of mine it should last years. However, due to some disability stuff I'm getting the slim if I get another xbox (need money for med bills just now). It's lighter and I won't have to worry so much about dropping it. I use a cable for my xbox 360 elite and it runs pretty fast. Still, the weight issue is pretty important to me.

Mr GaGa
07-07-10, 23:00
GET THE SLIM!!!!!:eek::tea::tea:

DgoOdz94
07-07-10, 23:27
Get the slim. Simple as that.

On a side note: On the main page the title looks "Which one should I buy - X360..." I was expecting another 360 vs PS3 thread....

TombRaider4444
08-07-10, 00:46
Hmm. Well a wifi costs 100 bucks so if you add that to the elite it's probably the same price and it's fat'er etc

SLIM FTW!!

Catracoth
08-07-10, 00:55
...and it would cost more to get the Elite & a wi-fi adapter.

I don't know why no one else but me gets the Ethernet cable to plug into the 360 and the router to get Internet. It's so inexpensive.

TombRaider4444
08-07-10, 01:14
I don't know why no one else but me gets the Ethernet cable to plug into the 360 and the router to get Internet. It's so inexpensive.

Your router is in your game room :confused: Not everyone has cat5 cables in our walls. Some people still have good o'l phone lines. :vlol:

Ward Dragon
08-07-10, 01:16
Your router is in your game room :confused: Not everyone has cat5 cables in our walls. Some people still have good o'l phone lines. :vlol:

That's why you need someone like my brother to tear apart the walls and put the cables in place :vlol: He even crawled around in the ceiling during a summer job one time laying cables for his boss so that the office would have internet.

TombRaider4444
08-07-10, 01:18
That's why you need someone like my brother to tear apart the walls and put the cables in place :vlol: He even crawled around in the ceiling during a summer job one time laying cables for his boss so that the office would have internet.

I'm in the tech scene but you know. I'm not quite 18 so my parents wouldn't be physced. I'd like a router in my room because everyone one - two days i have to plug it out and back in and I'm temporary in a wheel chair so going to the hall while in the middle of the night wakes everyone :rolleyes:

Ward Dragon
08-07-10, 01:22
I'm in the tech scene but you know. I'm not quite 18 so my parents wouldn't be physced. I'd like a router in my room because everyone one - two days i have to plug it out and back in and I'm temporary in a wheel chair so going to the hall while in the middle of the night wakes everyone :rolleyes:

Ooh, I'm sorry to hear that. Our router is downstairs. We actually just got a new one because the previous one kept messing up and needing to be reset. It would kind of disconnect and reset itself automatically every half hour or so (I could tell because it kept signing me out of MSN every time it happened) and then every few hours it would flat out stop working. Finally my brother just bought a new one of the same model and so far it hasn't given us any problems.

TombRaider4444
08-07-10, 01:24
Ooh, I'm sorry to hear that. Our router is downstairs. We actually just got a new one because the previous one kept messing up and needing to be reset. It would kind of disconnect and reset itself automatically every half hour or so (I could tell because it kept signing me out of MSN every time it happened) and then every few hours it would flat out stop working. Finally my brother just bought a new one of the same model and so far it hasn't given us any problems.
It's bilateral frames on my legs to fix my "rickets" but yes. Stupid netgear! I need an upgrade to like wireless N. This christmas. A X-box 360 slim + kinect tehe

Tombreaper
08-07-10, 01:32
Hi everyone :wve:

Well, I own a PS3 and wanna buy an Xbox 360 too, cause I wanna enjoy at most what both console have to offer. But I don't know which one to buy. Is the new model good?? Does it have problems since its release?! Thanks for the help...

Since the regular X360 models (the Arcade & Elite, both with the improved Jasper chipset) still have the RROD issue, I shouldn't trust the 360Slim until after 1 year at least.
It first has to proof itself. But it's a cool looking piece of hardware, actually, I want 1 too.

Catracoth
08-07-10, 02:31

No, it's across the hall in my father's office - the wire runs across the way.

Johnnay
08-07-10, 03:05
Edit: Does the Slim also have all of the same ports as the Elite, including a port for a regular Ethernet cable? I know it doesn't come with these cables, but if we already had the cables could we hook it up? (We don't have wi-fi :o)

yes it has 5 USB Ports, the Ethernet one, AV/HDMI.. it has a built in port for Digital Sound and.........................................a KINECT Port