PDA

View Full Version : Fighting Force (1997)

Catracoth
09-07-10, 17:34
Fighting Force
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/df/PS2FightingForceCover.jpg

Platforms: PC, Nintendo 64, PS1
Release Date: October 31, 1997
Developer: Core Design
Publisher: Eidos, Crave
Genre: Fighting

MXCZ--6uJmc
k4ooiR8mXTM
SMmJOUJrLnc

Does anyone remember this title? I used to love playing it. A sequel was made for the Playstation and Dreamcast, and a third game was planned for Xbox and PS2, but was cancelled.

matrix54
09-07-10, 17:40
I LOVE you for making this thread!! I still have the CD and it works like a charm. this is one of those games that works well as an old game, because if it was remade, it would be bad. The story was crap (it was barely there), but it's fun :D :D

anyone notice the blonde Lara lookalike :p

EgyptianSoul
09-07-10, 17:44
I always played as Mace, the dark haired woman. My friend played as the blonde.

This game was so much fun. :)

matrix54
09-07-10, 17:51
my only complain is that some sections were drawn out for too long. Like the entire Park sequence. wave after wave in one small confined area with barely any weapons. that's that.

but, I like how random it is. I belive you can walk over hot dogs and sandwiches, soda and hot dogs to heal, and pick up coins and diamonds. and the rocket launcher :cln:

Love2Raid
09-07-10, 17:57
I LOVED this game! Well, we got it for free with the PlayStation, but it was an amazing game with loads of replay value. I have great memories of playing this with my brother or alone.

He always picked the same character (Hawk, I think that was his name) and I picked either the other guy (the big one, who could knock out several enemies at the same time by doing a sort of swandive move :vlol:) or one of the girls (Alana had an amazing special move <3).

And CORE made it! :hug:

Has anyone seen this render before?

http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/images/legacy_art_50/screen6.jpg

:jmp:

matrix54
09-07-10, 18:01
^:cln:

Now that I think about it, if a remake of this is done right and kept simple, this could be a good xbl arcade title :D

Yuna´s Wish
09-07-10, 18:23
I played this co-op with my cousin when we were young...we used to spend hours battling each other in the very first stage after clearing the path from enemies :p We loved the game...but we really enjoyed not following the path, and kicking each other's butt right in the very beginning :o

matrix54
09-07-10, 18:27
:vlol: first person to the rocket launcher owns :mis:

t-raider26
09-07-10, 18:50
:jmp: OMGOMGOMG!!! I used to LOOOVE this game! I could never beat the truck driver guy though... I remember I would always play as Alanna because I thought she looked like Lara Croft :p I think its time to whip out the N64 and kill the evil truck driver :mis:

Love2Raid
09-07-10, 18:58
I played this co-op with my cousin when we were young...we used to spend hours battling each other in the very first stage after clearing the path from enemies :p We loved the game...but we really enjoyed not following the path, and kicking each other's butt right in the very beginning :o

LOL!

:vlol:

Yeah, we used to do that for fun as well! Especially near those soda machines. Hmm, full health bar but loads of soda cans...what a waste. :mis:

I remember this game so well, probably because it's one of the first videogames I played (like Tomb Raider :hug:).

So which areas did you guys usually pick?

Mall, Bronx, Park
Naval base or Air base

?

I loved all of them of course, but I think the Bronx was my fav. Just so much to do there and probably the hardest of the three levels. :D
The Mall was a bit boring, but there was a lot to smash there. ;)
The Park was okay, I liked all the stuff you could pick up and throw.

Naval base FTW!! I liked Air base, but it got boring fast. Naval base had a much tougher boss battle. :D

ajrich17901
09-07-10, 20:04
I used to play this all the time when I was younger, me and my cousin were obsessed with game and tekken of course lol.

matrix54
09-07-10, 20:12
LOL!

So which areas did you guys usually pick?

Mall, Bronx, Park
Naval base or Air base

[/LIST]

I prefer to go to the mall. It's pretty and there's health everywhere (Bronx is full of weapons and Park is lacking in both, but is abundant in enemies)

I also prefer the Naval Base, becuase the boss at the end is fun :D
I wish there were more choiced in this game, though.

da tomb raider!
09-07-10, 20:48
Funny how this thread should be created now. I happen to be playing through the Dreamcast version of Fighting Force 2 right now!
Anyway, I didn't used to be too keen on the series. At all. Considered both games to be pretty mediocre, and two of the few poor games from Core Design. Playing Fighting Force 2 now, though, I'm much more impressed. The flaws are still all too clear if you ask me, primarily the repetitiveness, but for what it is, a free-roaming beat 'em up where repetitiveness is largely unavoidable, it's definitely not as bad as I remember it. Once I get through the sequel, I think I'll give the first one another try.

EgyptianSoul
09-07-10, 21:43
But the great thing about the game is that it's just a mindless "beat 'em up" game and playing it with someone else makes it even more fun.

It's an old game so really shouldn't be judged by any modern standards. It's just plain fun. :)

Encore
09-07-10, 23:31
That looks like Janice :eek:

Tombreaper
09-07-10, 23:54
Fighting Force 2 had very good graphics (on PS1), but was even more a brainless beat 'm up than the first game.

t-raider26
10-07-10, 00:05
Apparently there was supposed to be a 3rd one, but it was cancelled during production. According to wikipedia

matrix54
10-07-10, 00:16
it's at the bottom of the first post already :p

cbragg09
10-07-10, 00:32
I LOVE this game, me and my brother used to play it all the time. We got it with our orginal Playstation and it was the most played game for us, where he played MLB as his game and Tomb Raider II was mine.

Awesome idea for a thread, this game rocks. I always played as Mace and my bro would play as Hawk

tranniversary119
10-07-10, 01:47
I just recently bought this game online, as a matter of fact :p. It's definitely a classic :tmb:

Mikky
10-07-10, 09:33
This game brings back memories. The good old days. Using that big-boobed ginger woman all the time. :p

Weird how the sequel was so different, though. =/

Thorir
10-07-10, 09:48
I used to play it with my brother. :D

TRLegendLuver
10-07-10, 10:11
O MY GOSH! I loved that game! It was soo much fun!

Mikky
10-07-10, 10:13
I used to play it with my brother. :D

That was I was about to say! :D

peeves
30-07-10, 21:28
Thanks mason for making the thread. I liked this game as a kid. I used to play it alot. And on hard mode i beat Driver, Exo, Jetpac, Vulkan, and Zeng.