PDA

View Full Version : - WET - General Discussion Thread

TRLegendLuver
10-07-10, 09:34
http://www.el33tonline.com/images/cache/7329.JPG

Wet (Wetland) : A term meaning to be wet, literally wet with blood in one's hands.

RATING: M for Mature
VOICED BY Eliza Dushku

Yeah. I know. WET has been out for a long time, but I thought Rubi deserved her own thread. She is such a total badass. Doesn't put up with anyone's crap and she'll do anything for the right price. When she gets her money, she leaves. No questions ask, then retreats back to her home somewhere in Texas with her bone-yard.

For those who haven't heard of the game, the story goes like this:
Rubi Malone, a hired handgun, willing to do anything for the right price, is hired for what seems to a typical, regular job. Snatch the kid and bring him home to daddy. But when Travis Ackers comes home to his father, they have a bit of what you might say - a falling out. Rubi is then set-up by her own client, and now she's ticked. Really ticked. She's going to get whoever played her and bring them to payback time. She can trust no one. But although Rubi has excellent fighting skills and well as acrobatic ones, she is not without strong, agile, and clever enemies. She's going to leave a massive body count in her wake so she's going to; Lock and Load. And these criminals have just met their match.

RUBI

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/3263/wetpackagingconceptbybe.jpg

TRAILERS

This was the first trailer that came out for the game in 2007. Bethesda and Sienna almost canceled it along with Ghost Busters, but luckfully, Rubi was saved.

This is not a great quality video, but the following ones were shown in 2009's E3. The third is gameplay. CAUTION: Strong language in the Gameplay Trailer. I'll give links only so that the page will load quicker.

- 2007 TRAILER (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9BMwBhwrPQ) -
- E3 2009 TRAILER (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKg6CVki5hk) -
- GAMEPLAY TRAILER (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4WdlVvXyaw) -

RUBI'S SKILLS

Rubi always carries her "monkey pistols" and her katana where ever she goes. As you progress into the game, you will receive dual shotguns, sub-machine guns, and a crossbow.

As for acrobatics, Rubi can fire while jumping, sliding on her knees, seducing goons and running on walls. During these acrobatic actions, the game enters slow motion, and she will automatically aim at a second enemy, allowing you to shoot at two enemies at once. She can also combine her attacks, such as wall running off a person or performing a sword uppercut while sliding. Rubi can also regain health by finding bottles of whiskey. When she finds whiskey, she takes a swig from the bottle, then throws the bottle into the air and shoots it for health. Sometime's Rubi's face will get covered in blood and she will go into a murderous, berserker-like rage. These sections are presented in noir style, with bold red, black and white visuals. Rubi's attacks become faster and stronger to fight against large numbers of enemies during these sections, and killing chains of enemies extends her psychotic fury. There are also motorway sections that feature shooting integrated with quick time events.

SCREENSHOTS

Here are three screenshots from the game.

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/3405/scrshot3.jpg http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/5589/wet16.jpg http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/1192/wet20090914081245091.jpg

Sequel anyone? :cln:

michaeldt
10-07-10, 09:47
there is already a WET thread ;)

Alex Fly
10-07-10, 09:54
Yep : http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=117494 :wve:

TRLegendLuver
10-07-10, 09:56
Well I hope this doesn't get closed, cause I worked really hard on it, and I didn't see a thread about it already.

LightningRider
10-07-10, 10:03
Considering the lastest post was just last Wednesday, it's been a pretty recent thread. Sorry. :(

TRLegendLuver
10-07-10, 10:09
Well I'm gonna be ****ing ****ed if they close it. Spending two hours on a thread for this game and then it getting trashed is just bull. I searched for it but didn't see it. So yeah...

Plus mine, has wayyy more info on the first post.

michaeldt
10-07-10, 10:39
doesn't matter who's thread has more info in the first post. The fact of the matter is that there was a thread before this one ;)

TombOfRaiders
10-07-10, 10:41
doesn't matter who's thread has more info in the first post. The fact of the matter is that there was a thread before this one ;)

^ This. And I've could have made this thread in a quick, spare 10 minutes.

So, bye-bye thread. Ibtl. :D

woody543
10-07-10, 10:53
I'm sure Nate would have been more than happy to edit some of this info into his post.

And actually his seems to me to have more in it.

TRLegendLuver
10-07-10, 11:54
And I've could have made this thread in a quick, spare 10 minutes.

So, bye-bye thread. Ibtl. :D

That's really *****y. You may be a genius with creating stuff on the computer, and may take you only 10 minutes, but it took me about 2 hours. Because I take a lot of detail in my posts, so you need to think before you speak.

lara c. fan
10-07-10, 11:57
There is another thread, and it has more detail. To be perfectly honest, the only person you should be annoyed at if this closes is yourself.

TRLegendLuver
10-07-10, 11:58
No because people are rude, ignorant, and need to think before they speak.

Anyways, to get to the point of the actual thread, I hope they make another sequel.

bloodstormaoa
10-07-10, 12:00
OMG! :rolleyes: Don't take things so seriously guys...

The simple fact is that this is a duplicate thread and it'll more than likely get closed. Just accept that. It doesn't matter how much time you spent on it or whether the OP has more info than the other thread. :)

LightningRider
10-07-10, 12:02
+1! This seriously got out of hand, should have just been ignored for the most part.

TRLegendLuver
10-07-10, 12:03
BACK TO THE FREAKING TOPIC AGAIN: I wonder what their going to do. I hope a sequel, since Trantula moved her hand at the end and we never killed the 'German Cowboy' as Rubi called it.

bloodstormaoa
10-07-10, 12:08
ON TOPIC:

This is a terrible game that certainly doesn't deserve a thread, let alone a duplicate one!

:vlol:

TRLegendLuver
10-07-10, 12:10
^ Aha aha aha. Not funny.

It's not a terrible game. The acrobatics are amazing. I only wish that Lara could do most of them and sometimes in slow motion. They really need to add more to the game asa in the way of acrobatics and action.

LightningRider
10-07-10, 12:10
No, die! This game is slightly bad, but at least it was a fun romp for at least 1 replay lol.

TRLegendLuver
10-07-10, 12:11
How was it bad?

Paddy
10-07-10, 12:22
Lol at all the wannabe mods in this thread. **** sake.
And despite how short I hear of this game Id still like to give it a go.

TRLegendLuver
10-07-10, 12:28

I know right? :p

You should have at least a go at it. It is actually really fun. :D

bloodstormaoa
10-07-10, 12:30

Honestly Paddy, I don't see anyone acting like a wannabe mod here. It was simply pointed out that there is a previous thread to which the OP threw a little strop...

Paddy
10-07-10, 12:33
Honestly Paddy, I don't see anyone acting like a wannabe mod here. It was simply pointed out that there is a previous thread to which the OP threw a little strop...
Perhaps but did more then 2 people have to go on about it?
If a mod thinks it should be shut then well leave them to do so :p
I can understand why the OP is upset about it though she did put the effort into the original post.
Guess Im just trying to see it from both sides.

LightningRider
10-07-10, 12:39
Going on, the Game was very linear, had shoddy graphics, and was rather repetitive. :\

Paddy
10-07-10, 12:40
Going on, the Game was very linear, had shoddy graphics, and was rather repetitive. :\
Couldnt be more repetitive then bayonetta? xD

LightningRider
10-07-10, 12:42
It was! Bayonetta was interesting however, there were big epic battles! Wet had none! Only QTE's. XD

michaeldt
10-07-10, 12:44
Couldnt be more repetitive then bayonetta? xD

yeah, but Bayonetta's combat system was quite deep. In Wet, run from wall and shoot, slide on ground and shoot, jump and shoot and there should have been combos for the sword rather than just [] [] []/x x x :(

LightningRider
10-07-10, 12:45
I hope they improve on the combat system in the next game. I especially loved flowing between different moves, and the targeting system was amazing!

Paddy
10-07-10, 12:47
Ive played worse games like Deadrising and Beowulf, Ill probably get Wet preowned then if its that short.

Vinkula
10-07-10, 12:50
I played the demo 30 mins ago, I love the game! :)

Cristina
10-07-10, 13:06
ON TOPIC:

This is a terrible game that certainly doesn't deserve a thread, let alone a duplicate one!

:smk:

This is one of the best games i ever played!:D

and Rubi have "that" attitude lara donīt have...:whi:

LightningRider
10-07-10, 13:11
Paddy: It is short. Like, I finished it in one day short. 3-4 hours at most.

It just raises up the ante to make it longer actually.

Paddy
10-07-10, 13:22
Paddy: It is short. Like, I finished it in one day short. 3-4 hours at most.

It just raises up the ante to make it longer actually.
Fair enough, thats why I said Id only get it preowned :p

Catracoth
10-07-10, 15:13
Well I hope this doesn't get closed, cause I worked really hard on it, and I didn't see a thread about it already.

I'd hate to beat a dead horse, but that's why we have a search feature. Isn't hard to use, really.

lara c. fan
10-07-10, 15:14
I'd hate to beat a dead horse, but that's why we have a search feature. Isn't hard to use, really.

WET is too short to go in the search.

Minty Mouth
10-07-10, 15:18

That's what Ctrl+F in your browser is for!

Catracoth
10-07-10, 15:18

Ah, this is true.

Well, point being, there's no need to get one's knickers in a twist over it. It's a duplicate thread, and all duplicates end up in the junkyard eventually. Why people continue to address the topic when there's an original thread is beyond me, though.

lara c. fan
10-07-10, 15:19

Heh, I guess so :p

t-raider26
10-07-10, 16:50
In the first post, the term is supposed to be WETWORK, not WETLAND :whi:

Carbonek_0051
10-07-10, 17:35
It's already been said there is a WET thread already, and sure you put a lot of work into this but I also put a lot of work intro creating mine. So please continue in that, the last post was last Wednesday.

Mr.Burns
10-07-10, 17:54
Please continue in the current WET thread, listed above.