PDA

View Full Version : Recording Question

Apathetic
11-07-10, 01:21
The idea here is a "Let's Play" video which includes a play through of a game as well as a commentary from the player. My question here is how can video from the game be recorded as well as the voice of the player? Dazzle is being used to record the video.

Jo269976
11-07-10, 01:23
Let's Players use a microphone to record their commentary when playing a game, and then sync it with the video playback when they edit it.

Mikky
11-07-10, 04:24
What game are you going to make a walkthrough for?

SkyPuppy
12-07-10, 00:23
^ that has nothing to really do with it, Mikky. and the game would most likely be a suprise, anyway.

there has got to be another way to do this besides the way Jo suggested. no offence to Jo or anything.. i'm not saying what he said was wrong, but i'm saying there has got to be a way to do this while recording your voice AND playing the game at the same time.. instead of doing those two at the same time and then putting the voice into the video while editing it later on.

StefanJ94
12-07-10, 00:26
Fraps has an option to record in-game sound or microphone sound :)
In the new version you can chose both. This is what I'm talking about:
http://i28.************/2m2ccgo.jpg

Gladous
12-07-10, 00:33
^Yeah but that's for the PC.

More than likely, Jay is using a PS3.

StefanJ94
12-07-10, 00:36
Woops...my mistake :D
I'll search for an option tho.

Jo269976
12-07-10, 18:26
there has got to be another way to do this besides the way Jo suggested. no offence to Jo or anything.. i'm not saying what he said was wrong, but i'm saying there has got to be a way to do this while recording your voice AND playing the game at the same time.. instead of doing those two at the same time and then putting the voice into the video while editing it later on.

I don't doubt there is, but I think the solution I gave would be the more reliable one, some programmes that allow vocal input can sometimes have a very bad vocal clarity, quality or volume, whereas with a professional voice recording programme, chances of any problems would be reduced.

I'm only saying what I've been told and what I've experienced. If you find a way that works best for you, go for it.

Besides, said solution you gave would most likely only work for PC or emulation gaming.