PDA

View Full Version : Deadrising thread

Paddy
11-07-10, 10:06
Anyone played the first game on 360? I didnt mind it but the save system was horrible.
http://images.barnesandnoble.com/images/14710000/14717017.jpg

YVQBmli5IRg
nd6dLVSl7qU

Deadrising 2
uUdA2VVNY3w
ARP88JzbsEI&feature=player_embedded

I think the sequel will be awesome, as I said I hope the save system is improved, hated waiting hours to find a savepoint in the first game.

Carbonek_0051
05-08-10, 13:16
I've been replaying the first one, and I forgot how much the controls bothered me. Other than the game is fun, I really hope they fixed all the issues from the first game with the second game. I am pre-ordering the second game next time I go to Gamestop.

Btw, the live action short film for Dead Rising was released (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/episode-i-zombrex-dead/702543) today. I haven't watched it yet, I am going to watch it later. :)

Paddy
05-08-10, 13:23
Save system was terrible imo, **** I hate having to wait ages for it :p

Carbonek_0051
05-08-10, 13:30
I just hate that the save system was limited to the security room. I also really hope the combat is fixed, while I don't want a bunch of combos or anything. But the combat needs something more to it. :p

I can't wait for Case Zero, speaking of you should add the trailer to the first post. :D

ARP88JzbsEI

Paddy
05-08-10, 13:33
Added :)

interstellardave
05-08-10, 13:42
I'm starting to really get psyched for the new game. The first was fun, but frustrating. It had a lot of good points but was held back by certain problems. I can only hope that they fixed some of those things in #2. Even if they don't it will still be a fun game to play.

Paddy
05-08-10, 13:44
The first one certainly had potential, I loved just beating the **** out of zombies with anything but the save system and awkward controls ruined it for me.

Carbonek_0051
05-08-10, 13:46
I'm starting to really get psyched for the new game. The first was fun, but frustrating. It had a lot of good points but was held back by certain problems. I can only hope that they fixed some of those things in #2. Even if they don't it will still be a fun game to play.
I agree, hopefully it follows the lead of how sequels have been latly. Fixing all the issues and making the experience much more enjoyable. :D

I love the new setting as well. :cln:

Paddy
09-08-10, 03:34
Could I have done the first game in co-op or just single player?
If so it mightve made life easier on that game :p

Catracoth
09-08-10, 03:50
I hated the first one. The sequel looks like a large improvement. :tmb:

Ward Dragon
09-08-10, 04:13
I started playing the first one, and it was decent, but then the save system screwed me over and I really didn't feel like repeating that much of the game so I just quit and never looked back :p My brother really loved it, despite the save system, but then he got a glitch at a certain point in the game that made it unwinnable. I think he started over once or twice and kept getting that glitch so he hates it now.

Catracoth
09-08-10, 04:21
I remember having a hell of a time trying to kill Giggles the Clown or whatever the firetruck his name was. Forgot to save the game. :hea:

Paddy
09-08-10, 04:27
I started playing the first one, and it was decent, but then the save system screwed me over and I really didn't feel like repeating that much of the game so I just quit and never looked back :p My brother really loved it, despite the save system, but then he got a glitch at a certain point in the game that made it unwinnable. I think he started over once or twice and kept getting that glitch so he hates it now.
Hahahaha joined the hatewagon :D its a hateable game.
I remember having a hell of a time trying to kill Giggles the Clown or whatever the firetruck his name was. Forgot to save the game. :hea:
Thats because its easy to forget where to save, it was an epic pain in the ass. :p

Carbonek_0051
09-08-10, 04:45
I really like the first game, sure it's flawed but it's still really fun and still has a lot of good ideas. :/

Paddy
09-08-10, 04:49
It had awesome ideas, I loved being able to hurl any object and use whatever I want to kill ****, just couldve had more then just the security room to save. If its improved in Deadrising 2 I might just check that one out.

Alive_and_Funky
09-08-10, 11:43
I find it pretty funny how the one thing most people remember when they look back on Dead Rising is the awkward save system. :p

I still want to play it though, as it looks quite fun and it was probably one of the first games that got me interested in getting an Xbox 360.

Paddy
09-08-10, 11:54
I find it pretty funny how the one thing most people remember when they look back on Dead Rising is the awkward save system. :p

I still want to play it though, as it looks quite fun and it was probably one of the first games that got me interested in getting an Xbox 360.
That and the controls I remember it by :p

Catracoth
09-08-10, 13:53
...and still has a lot of good ideas. :/

Such as? To be honest, I never saw anything original in the game except the whole 'being trapped in a mall with zombies' that has never been done before.

Paddy
09-08-10, 13:55
It did have a Shaun of the Dead feeling to it which I admit I liked being that is a funny film.

interstellardave
09-08-10, 14:15
The fact that there were so many zombies in each area you went to was new (couldn't be done before) and you can use so many different items as weapons--probably more than in any other game. It gave you the feeling that you were just a guy trying to get by with whatever is at hand.

Carbonek_0051
09-08-10, 15:38
The fact that there were so many zombies in each area you went to was new (couldn't be done before) and you can use so many different items as weapons--probably more than in any other game. It gave you the feeling that you were just a guy trying to get by with whatever is at hand.

Exactly, also the fact you had a certain amount of time you had in the mall to get everything done. You had choices to save other people in the mall, and the whole camera system was really cool. Take in mind I never said it had "original" ideas. I said it had good ideas. Some of them were executed good, while others not so much.

interstellardave
09-08-10, 15:40
^^^ That's a very fair assessment. I don't think even the games' biggest fans would say it didn't have problems. It did enough right, though, and it was such a perfect videogame idea, that it works despite it's problems.

Carbonek_0051
09-08-10, 15:46
Exactly, which is why I really look foward to Dead Rising 2. If they can improve all the ideas of the first game while adding some more, I think it could be REALLY good.

Catracoth
09-08-10, 16:05
Exactly, also the fact you had a certain amount of time you had in the mall to get everything done. You had choices to save other people in the mall...

I suppose this and what Dave said were original/good.

Take in mind I never said it had "original" ideas. I said it had good ideas.

I consider it basically the same - if something presents itself as a good idea that you praise it for, most likely it's never been seen before hence being original. I never said you called the ideas original. That was my wording. :)

ozzman
09-08-10, 17:10
i loved throwing propaine tanks at the old lady on the roof :D, i however have yet to beat it, the clown guy was freaky, but he hate those perfume bottles, so throw them at him :D, it had the gore,and the comedy, i liked putting frank in a hooker dress and hitting zombies with a purse. or just a black suit, black shoes and blond hair, and glassed [guess who :D]

Ward Dragon
09-08-10, 23:34
My favorite was the hot frying pan to the face :mis: :vlol: Gah, they need to release a patch to enable save-anywhere so I can play this game without breaking it XD

Paddy
10-08-10, 01:02
Improve the ideas of the first game and fix up the flaws of it too.

Crash192
31-08-10, 14:14
Just thought I'll post a reminder that Dead Rising 2:Case 0 is available to download on XBLA for amazing 400MSP I must say that a flipping Bargain without a doubt :D, I've not see much since it was announced but looking at screen shots on Xbox Live product page it looks awesome can't wait for it to finish downloading :D.

matrix54
31-08-10, 17:00
I'm gonna need a review of this one. Waiting to see if I get this or some GOL DLC later this year. :jmp:

oh, theres on on Game trailers :p

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-pod-dead-rising/703729

larson n natla
31-08-10, 18:43
That's basically a timed demo with a tacked on story :o

I hope this one is better than the first it was good fun but the time constraints and save system ruined it.

matrix54
01-09-10, 23:29
ugh... he runs so slow :hea:
you know how annoying it is bringing items from 1 part of the map to the other and they are unable to fit in your inventory. :cen:

Paddy
02-09-10, 02:00
Deadrising 1 might be yet another game I decide to play again lol if I can try not to hurl the disc out the door.

larson n natla
02-09-10, 09:04
Deadrising 1 might be yet another game I decide to play again lol if I can try not to hurl the disc out the door.

I tried, got up to the butcher and am now completely stuck that boss fight is close to impossible.

At least give an option for no time limits Capcom!

Paddy
02-09-10, 09:36
I tried, got up to the butcher and am now completely stuck that boss fight is close to impossible.

At least give an option for no time limits Capcom!
Yeah the time limits was a ****house idea, considering how ****ty the health and save system is too.

larson n natla
02-09-10, 09:38
Yeah the time limits was a ****house idea, considering how ****ty the health and save system is too.

I literally have like 5 mins to defeat him because my time bar is on red :hea: then frank has the wonderful idea of loading up in a toilet in the first plaza.

Dingaling
02-09-10, 09:59
Rather enjoyed the Case Zero game. It's made me want to replay the first Dead Rising though it annoys me like nothing on earth at times- especially those psychos in the jeep outside the mall... grrr!

interstellardave
02-09-10, 21:16
Case Zero seems to be an improvement on the original formula. The combo weapons are a really nice addition... and the survivors seem to be easier to save.

I love the fact that you have a young daughter to take care of; it gives me something to really care about. Yeah saving other survivors is always nice but it's hard to feel too bad if you miss some of them. Not so with little Katey.

I'm loving Case Zero, and have leveled up to 5 already; bring on DR2!

Paddy
09-09-10, 06:39
Downloading Case Zero right now, will get to see for myself if its any good.
Edit - having played it, I dont like the stricter time limit.

robm_2007
29-09-10, 16:38
Lets discuss this wonderful DR2!

OMG, i havent played a game for 5-6 hours straight in such a long time. its so good to see that there are still games out there that i actually am looking forward to playing ther next day as i get ready for bed :D

my current favorite game of the year so far; its improved in every single possible way from DR1, and i will NEVER play DR1 ever again, cuz its like going from living in a homelss shelter to a mansion.

i have played for what seems to be about 4.5 hours (but cuz i died a few times, i had to backtrack and redo some missions cuz i forgot to save, so its really more like 5-6 hours :)), and i have 33 hours left until the military arrives.

MangelinaJolie
29-09-10, 17:03
I haven't played too much of it yet, but so far I love it so much more than DR1.

Dingaling
29-09-10, 17:16
Indeed a great improvement over DR1. Though I have a lot of trouble connecting to Terror is Reality games and it glitched on me TWICE and I couldn't move my character!

Still, the single player is solid enough and very fun :).

interstellardave
29-09-10, 17:21
Multiplayer always seems to be rough when games are first released; don't know why devs can't get it right!

I haven't bought DR2 yet 'cause I don't have the money... I'll be able to get it this weekend though. I loved Case Zero so much that I really can't wait to play the full game!

robm_2007
29-09-10, 17:29
the survivors can actually comprehend! :jmp:
i have saved about 15 survivors, and none have died yet! :eek:. but surley, some survivors have persihed or disappeared when i couldnt get to their mission in time, but my rescue rate with those i encounter is 100% :D

not even the pacifists who deny using a weapon have died :p

Camera Obscura
29-09-10, 18:32
I've only played for about an hour, and i love it. It's so fun whacking the undead around with toys, flower pots, and wheelchairs. lol And I like that there's a bit of challenge too, having to squeeze through hordes of zombies weaponless and in low health is basically suicide. :cln:

Man if only my week was free (reports and exams), it's such a tease looking at the game box right next to me and thinking "maybe for just a couple of minutes". :whi:

Carbonek_0051
29-09-10, 22:16
I beat Case Zero yesterday and played a bit of DR2. I am glad I ended up getting it. So much fun and improved. :D

ozzman
29-09-10, 23:35
That's basically a timed demo with a tacked on story :o

I hope this one is better than the first it was good fun but the time constraints and save system ruined it.

i hate the time limit, and it feels like i MUST save after doing ANYTHING, dying is a ***** , expecialy on bosses. my only trouble, i made it to the He:hea::hea:licopter boss on the roof, and i die, now have to restart AGAIN, before this event ,

Jo269976
30-09-10, 05:11
I'm hooked on Dead Rising 2.

Help me. D:

Paddy
30-09-10, 05:21
Whats improved about the second one...out of curiosity??

Carbonek_0051
30-09-10, 09:48
I'm hooked on Dead Rising 2.

Help me. D:
I know right? I had to force myself to turn it off. :p
Combat, controls, save system, & survivor AI.

robm_2007
30-09-10, 17:38

Combat
Controls
Survivor AI
Graphics
Storyline (IMO)
Text is Bigger
Creatable Weapons
Save System
More Survivor Missions (It seems like it)
Map is Bigger
No Annoying Calls
Chuck Greene (I didn't care for Frank West)
Characters (I like these people better)
Strip Poker
Playboy Advertisements (:pi:)
Co-Op (Online only, though :rolleyes:)
Multiplayer (Online only :rolleyes::rolleyes:)

herothing
30-09-10, 17:40
I'm downloading (legally :p) Dead Rising 2 now. I've never played any of these games but they just look so fun :)

ozzman
30-09-10, 17:42
anyone hear the Twilight Reference when playing TIR, one anounceer says " i heard zombies sparkle in the sun" or something like, that, i Cracked up and almost died.

another easter egg is with the Chef Knife, using he Strong attack, you stab she zombie and the pshycho music plays :D

robm_2007
30-09-10, 17:43
I'm downloading (legally :p) Dead Rising 2 now. I've never played any of these games but they just look so fun :)

how are you downloading it? its not for PC, AFAIK.

Legend of Lara
30-09-10, 17:53
Wow! The Zombrex edition is so cool!

It has a pen!

A PEN!

A PEN!!!

A FREAKING PEN, YOU GUYS!!!

robm_2007
30-09-10, 17:56
^ make sure you wear a condom.
-------------------
you went way overboard there, its just a pen; they cant really give you actual Zombrex, until they release the Zombie Plague.

Legend of Lara
30-09-10, 17:57
you went way overboard there, its just a pen; they cant really give you actual Zombrex, until they release the Zombie Plague.

I was obviously not serious. I mean, the only thing the "premium" edition has going for it is a making of DVD, a nicer case, and a, er, pen.

Wow.

So totally worth the extra money. :rolleyes:

herothing
30-09-10, 17:59
how are you downloading it? its not for PC, AFAIK.

It is for PC :) It came out 2 days ago.
The first isnt though.

robm_2007
30-09-10, 18:01
@ Legend of Lara: i didnt think it would be, thats why i got the standard edition; but im glad that you are enjoying it. :)

i also HATE those steel book cases, or whatever; i got the RE5 CE, and the disc was so hard to take out of the case, that it cracked it. good thing i bought the warranty, though.

Legend of Lara
30-09-10, 18:08
I mean, I didn't actually buy it. I just saw it at the store. :p

It was just so stupid.

That's what's supposed to get me to shell out for the special edition? A pen? Seriously?

robm_2007
30-09-10, 18:11
^ i thought that you did buy it, adn were very displeased, but were being sarcastic as if it was a good purchase.

so i was being facetious as if i thought that you did like it even if i knew that you didnt :pi:
-----------
good call, though. the video can eventually be watched on youtube, the book will be scanned onto the internet, and teh other stuff isnt worth it.

Legend of Lara
30-09-10, 18:13
good call, though. the video can eventually be watched on youtube, the book will be scanned onto the internet, and teh other stuff isnt worth it.

Oh, but that's the beauty of it.

The European Zombrex edition is nothing but the DVD and that pen.

Yeah.

robm_2007
30-09-10, 18:24
Oh, but that's the beauty of it.

The European Zombrex edition is nothing but the DVD and that pen.

Yeah.

*sigh* How ****ing stupid!

ozzman
30-09-10, 18:50
@ Legend of Lara: i didnt think it would be, thats why i got the standard edition; but im glad that you are enjoying it. :)

i also HATE those steel book cases, or whatever; i got the RE5 CE, and the disc was so hard to take out of the case, that it cracked it. good thing i bought the warranty, though.

i asked gamestop for an extra normal case for mine, they gave me a display only case cause the guy knows how sucky they are, they look nice but fail at being a good case

Legend of Lara
30-09-10, 18:53
Yes, steelbook cases are impractical as hell.

But they look so pretty. :'(

ozzman
30-09-10, 18:58
for my RE5 one, i Flattened the steel parts and hung it on my wall :D looked nice, same with MK Armageddon

Sharon_14
30-09-10, 19:02
i heard you can make chuck crossdress/go in sexy heart undies. :pi:

igonge
30-09-10, 19:24
I tried the TIR online mode. LOL :p

Not tried co op yet, I'm enjoying single player so far.

Camera Obscura
30-09-10, 19:30
i heard you can make chuck crossdress/go in sexy heart undies. :pi:

Not only that, you can stick him in a banana hammock, or as others like to call it, the Borat mankini. :vlol:

igonge
30-09-10, 19:32
Not only that, you can stick him in a banana hammock, or as others like to call it, the Borat mankini. :vlol:

LOL I came across that today :pi:

ozzman
30-09-10, 20:41

LOLZ, where is that at :D

anyway,

I HATE them Damn Chrimson Head Ripoffs, its easier to run past the normal zombies in the ninja outfit, but not with them damn chrimson heads, took all my health items to get to the next case, the army dude that went crazy killed me, so i blame them damn zombies, must admit though, i have NEVER made it this far in the first DR, made it to the isabella fight when she's on her bike, but lost when going to super market for health :hea:

robm_2007
30-09-10, 23:21
im at the final part of Overtime, and Katey is ****ing hard to kill; she keeps activating the pyrotechnics when im trying to get health items on the catwalk. i cant believe she the final boss and that she has been working with Umbrella!

that little ***** is so grounded :pi:

ozzman
30-09-10, 23:24
^lolz

i realy think i need to stock up on Shotguns from now on, might help, maybe 3 and a few vodkas, then i could beat that psychopathic army guy

robm_2007
30-09-10, 23:28
^lolz

i realy think i need to stock up on Shotguns from now on, might help, maybe 3 and a few vodkas, then i could beat that psychopathic army guy

shoot him as he is throwing a grenade. im not sure, but i think you can pick up his grenade he throws at you; but im not sure if they detonate.

in the South East part of the second floor in the Palisades Mall: theres a cool SWAT outfit, HGs, ARs, SRs, ang Grenades.

orange juice is also my fav food item, especially if you find the Magazine that grants you =50% bonus when you eat something; i dont know where it is, though. the LMG is the best gun :p

ozzman
30-09-10, 23:43
^ yeah, i paired the SWAT outfit with some Sunglasses and made Wesker :D [no helmet though] i'm LV 19 on my FIRST playthought, with the first i was only 39, thats with all the PP farming :D, i totaly need to beat it so i can get Chuck's Pet Tiger, he's soo cute, but his trainer was sooo weird :D

robm_2007
01-10-10, 00:02
i need to find that tiger. i fought the Sigfried adn Roy knockoffs, and i later saw a sign that said "Tiger Sactuary" !!!!:eek: :jmp:

adn theres an achievement "Tame Snowflake", so im guessing thats its name.

but i want to find it on my own, i just need to murder Katey, who is the last boss :pi:

Carbonek_0051
01-10-10, 02:15
I'm stuck on the final boss. >_<

robm_2007
01-10-10, 02:19

isnt Katey such a ***** to kill?

:pi:

Carbonek_0051
01-10-10, 02:22
You're wierd. :p

Seriously this boss is unfair. :/

ozzman
01-10-10, 02:24

beat him with a Sniper Rifle[found in secret room in Royal Flush Plaza] and a LMG[buy at pawnshop] just keep in cover and pop out to snipe him

can't beat TK though , he's an asshole

robm_2007
01-10-10, 02:25
You're wierd. :p

Seriously this boss is unfair. :/

You're normal :pi:

i can give you some tips, they might not work, but at least i might get your hopes up. i beat it maybe 20 minutes ago, adn it took me like 12 tries from yesterday and today.
--------------
@Ozzman, replace teh boss name with Katey, so that you dont give away the already predictable last boss' name, adn spoil ppl :)

Carbonek_0051
01-10-10, 04:51
Thanks, I ended up beating him though. I'm stuck on the overtime boss now. :p

Edit: Nevermind, I beat it! Got the S Ending and finished at Level 27. I loved the game, so glad I got it instead of waiting. So much better than the first game. Can't wait to replay it and I can't wait for Case West. :D

ozzman
01-10-10, 14:48
i just not fast enough with quick time events , "it" grabs me and it all happens too fast, if only i could have kept my shotguns i gathered for that fight,

robm_2007
01-10-10, 18:59
i just not fast enough with quick time events , "it" grabs me and it all happens too fast, if only i could have kept my shotguns i gathered for that fight,

Are you at the final battle with Katey on the cat walks in the arena?

ozzman
01-10-10, 19:00
yeah, beat katey with a single flashing healthbox left , damn i was lucky , ending scared me ****less , i had the sound way up and it was dark

igonge
01-10-10, 19:07
Spoilers... *sigh*

robm_2007
01-10-10, 19:19
Spoilers... *sigh*

you should have seen that Katey was the final enemy.

All those times where she was supposedly out playing is when she was getting her mission objectives from Umbrella.

i liked how they incorporated the RE universe into Dead Rising. :)

Jo269976
01-10-10, 19:33
I love how Stacey has Jill's ponytail. <3

Sharon_14
01-10-10, 19:34
not only that, you can stick him in a banana hammock, or as others like to call it, the borat mankini. :vlol:

WHAT. WHERE?!

omfg. :eek:

Jo269976
01-10-10, 19:35
what. Where?!

This. :mis:

MangelinaJolie
01-10-10, 19:40
I've looked all over for that hammock and can't find it. :(

Best thing I've found besides that is a biker outfit with crotchless chaps and a hula skirt with a coconut bra.

Also... Go-Go boots. :tmb:

robm_2007
01-10-10, 19:48
I love how Stacey has Jill's ponytail. <3

She reminded me of Claire :pi:

ozzman
01-10-10, 20:30
She reminded me of Claire :pi:

ii thought the same :D she even looked like her a bit

ozzman
01-10-10, 20:32
I've looked all over for that hammock and can't find it. :(

Best thing I've found besides that is a biker outfit with crotchless chaps and a hula skirt with a coconut bra.

Also... Go-Go boots. :tmb:

don't forget Jill's RE3 costume,,,well with wrong colors

MangelinaJolie
01-10-10, 21:55
Found the banana hammock! There's a shop with surfboards in the window on the first floor of Palisades. It's in the dressing room.

Jo269976
02-10-10, 01:08
Found the banana hammock! There's a shop with surfboards in the window on the first floor of Palisades. It's in the dressing room.

You're my new favourite person.

Survival
02-10-10, 09:42
WHAT. WHERE?!

omfg. :eek:

This. :mis:

I saw an HQ set of pics from the PC version somewhere... but in the meantime...

http://i56.************/2ag47so.jpg

Sharon_14
02-10-10, 09:48
my god.

http://a.deviantart.net/avatars/h/u/hurrplz.png?1

that's... hurrrr... thank you.

Carbonek_0051
02-10-10, 10:11
I love Chuck and I love this game. :D

Weemanply109
02-10-10, 10:20
I saw an HQ set of pics from the PC version somewhere... but in the meantime...

http://i56.************/2ag47so.jpg

hawt! :cln:

Sharon_14
02-10-10, 11:06
um... so its impossible to save anybody from the arena when you first start the game, right?

Jo269976
02-10-10, 12:43
um... so its impossible to save anybody from the arena when you first start the game, right?

Yeah, just like it was impossible to save people at the start of Dead Rising 1.

Sharon_14
02-10-10, 12:50
hm, its pretty dumb it goes all "XY IS DEAD", and you get plenty of messages.

robm_2007
02-10-10, 19:32
If you give a Mixed Drink to a survivor, will they reap the effects of the drink?

FloTheMachine
02-10-10, 19:35
I LOVE DEADRISING!!! It was such a amazing game :D

Lenochka
02-10-10, 19:41
I am really considering picking this one up today! :D
Played the original which was fun for a while but got kind of boring, this one looks like a major improvement! Can anyone fill me in on any setbacks for the ps3 version? (The first being a 360 exclusive, so I am betting that is the base console for this one)

Sharon_14
02-10-10, 19:58
m4b7YJBSQTI

well... yeah. :pi:

ozzman
02-10-10, 21:03
^ only Sharon would post something like that :D

robm_2007
02-10-10, 23:02
I have two questions:

If you give a Mixed Drink to a survivor, will they reap the effects of the drink?
How do you get a survivor to turn into a zombie? I've gotten them killed by zombies, to which zombies will come over and starting eating the person, but will the person ever become one? Cuz in the Notebook, there's a "Safe, Lost, or Turned" note in the survivor count. Ive waited a few minutes after the zombies start to eat them, and they dont get reanimated.

Jo269976
02-10-10, 23:37
I have two questions:

How do you get a survivor to turn into a zombie? I've gotten them killed by zombies, to which zombies will come over and starting eating the person, but will the person ever become one? Cuz in the Notebook, there's a "Safe, Lost, or Turned" note in the survivor count. Ive waited a few minutes after the zombies start to eat them, and they dont get reanimated.

I know that the survivor who you have to give an injection of Zombrex to will turn if he does not get it in the time limit. I was morbid enough to stand there when he turned.

robm_2007
02-10-10, 23:43
I know that the survivor who you have to give an injection of Zombrex to will turn if he does not get it in the time limit. I was morbid enough to stand there when he turned.

does Sullivan kill him? i was going to go watch to see what would happen, but i was too far awy to make it in time.

Also, is he the only survivor that needs Zombrex? (besides Katey)

Jo269976
03-10-10, 00:05
does Sullivan kill him? i was going to go watch to see what would happen, but i was too far awy to make it in time.

Also, is he the only survivor that needs Zombrex? (besides Katey)

He died for me, so I don't know. And apart from TK he's the only other character who needs it.

Spong
03-10-10, 02:05
Why oh why oh why on the loading screens does it not say "Drinking too much will make Chuck chuck"?

MangelinaJolie
03-10-10, 16:52
The minigame with Bibi was really annoying considering any friend alerts covered up the damn sync track. If anyone does "One Hit Wonder" be sure to turn your alerts off...

Sharon_14
03-10-10, 17:15
why do amber and her sister, whatever her name is, kept mocking chuck's... "assets?".

robm_2007
03-10-10, 19:22
why do amber and her sister, whatever her name is, kept mocking chuck's... "assets?".

i dont remember them mocking his assets; what do they say?

i didnt realize that they were twin (sisters) :vlol:; i knew that they were called the twins adn that they looked practically identical, but becuase they were obviously incestual, i didnt want to associate teh two together. :p

Sharon_14
03-10-10, 19:38
when you talk to amber outside of her and her sister's dressing room she says something like "i bet nothing on you is particularly big" serveral times, and tells him he doesn't "know how to ride". :pi:

they looked... well, its probably just sisterly love, maybe they obviously trust each other more than everyone else, especially men.

ozzman
04-10-10, 01:34
those two are just some excella wannabe

i'm trying to get all the survivors on this run , i don't care about the story

Sharon_14
04-10-10, 15:28

lol no.

excella is a wannabe herself. :)

robm_2007
04-10-10, 15:58
when you talk to amber outside of her and her sister's dressing room she says something like "i bet nothing on you is particularly big" serveral times, and tells him he doesn't "know how to ride". :pi:

they looked... well, its probably just sisterly love, maybe they obviously trust each other more than everyone else, especially men.

how many sisters do you know that caress anothers boob? they are wierdos :pi:
i'm trying to get all the survivors on this run , i don't care about the story

they didnt remind me anything of Excella, they seemed more sexual; Excella just wore her boobs hanging out and made zoo noises when she ran :vlol:.

there are many survivors that you can only get as you progress in the story.

lol no.

excella is a wannabe herself. :)

Excella is a wannabe Excella?

Sharon_14
04-10-10, 16:03
no, she wants to be important, because she's obviously trying too hard to appeal people, or something, never mind.

you do have to progress in the story if you want to save all the survivors... :o

ozzman
04-10-10, 17:11
a bunch of people have done it, i'll try myself, i just hate boss fights in this game, gonna stock up on shotguns :vlol:

Sharon_14
04-10-10, 17:20
that little ***** leon or whatever his name is, is tough, i don't want to fight him, at all, but i was trying to get a few survivors through, and he ran over them, its really unfortunate you can't find any ammo for the weapons in the game, when the ammo runs out, the weapon's gone. :o

Camera Obscura
04-10-10, 17:36
Question!

Do you get notices for Psychopaths in this game? I was running around the Platinum Strip, trying to get into the Palides Mall, and I decided to cut through one of the adjacent buildings. As soon as I enter I get pulled into a psychopath battle. There wasn't a case or a side mission marker on the map so I was incredibly surprised and caught off guard. Are some of them unmarked or something? :confused:

Sharon_14
04-10-10, 17:42
i'm pretty sure you're supposed to, how far are you into the game?

Jo269976
04-10-10, 17:52
There is one psychopath battle that you are not alerted about, he can only be encountered on the first day.

Sharon_14
04-10-10, 17:54
really? tell me more, please! :eek:

Camera Obscura
04-10-10, 17:55
i'm pretty sure you're supposed to, how far are you into the game?

First day, in transition between case 1 and 2.

There is one psychopath battle that you are not alerted about, he can only be encountered on the first day.

Ted and Snowflake?

ozzman
04-10-10, 21:32
i think

and Yes you can fail missions but still rescue survivors.

Sharon_14
05-10-10, 20:37
how am i supposed to kill amber and crystal? especially when time is not on my side since i wanted to save as much survivors as possible so there's not enough time left.

robm_2007
05-10-10, 21:09
how am i supposed to kill amber and crystal? especially when time is not on my side since i wanted to save as much survivors as possible so there's not enough time left.

first off, i would get at least 2 Orange Juices and the Health magazine (it has a +50% boost to eating and drinking). There are several health items in the Shoal Nightclub, but they are all alcoholic, so if you drink too much, then Chuck will throw up and will be vulnerable (he will also drop whatever item he was holding).

focus one only one of the women. i used the Knived Boxing Gloves; they work wonderfully. Also, if both of the women are chasing you, then just run away.

use an LMG (theres one in the Yucatan, you just need to climb the tallest structure in the casino)
----------

How much of the Time Bar remains, and what color is it? It might only take you like 5 minutes or so to kill just one.

MangelinaJolie
05-10-10, 21:23
There is an LMG in the casino where you fight them, in the vault room to the left of the staircase leading to the club hallway. It's where you destroyed one of the drills. :p

As said, focus only on one. As soon as one gets close, jump away, fire some more, and then repeat. If the one you are focusing on starts to run, let it happen for as far as possible while keeping line of sight, and then open fire again so you have more time to shoot while they run back to you.

igonge
05-10-10, 21:43
Ted and Snowflake?

Yup, and then you can tame snowflake and give it to Katey as a gift lol.

robm_2007
05-10-10, 21:58

and then Snowflake the Tiger eats Katey :(

Camera Obscura
05-10-10, 22:15

Thanks for the heads up, I didn't know that. :D

and then Snowflake the Tiger eats Katey :(

What the hell dude, thanks for spoiling it! :mad:

See what I did there. :pi:

robm_2007
05-10-10, 22:17
^ i think that i should start putting fake VG Spoilers in my signatures from now on :vlol:

i made up some spoilers for RE Afterlife, and DR2 so far. someone believed (or pretended to believe) some ridiculous crap i wrote about RE Afterlife. it was funny cuz i never said i was joking :pi:

ozzman
05-10-10, 23:09
to kill leon, get two sniper rifles, from eather the gunshop or the respawning one in Royal Flush Plaza, stand on the fountain, he will stop to taunt you, perfect time to shoot him anywhere

Sharon_14
06-10-10, 06:40
so i managed to "collect" the love lust band, the two food court employees, the woman that was forgotten in the tanning bed and the bride from the chapel, i managed to use the survivors to kill the chef and the virgin with the chainsaw, but when i got to amber and crystal, all of the survivors were locked outside, so i had to reload and take them back to the safe house, so my latest save has case 4-1 time meter in red, i'll probably just reload an older save and try to do everything faster. :p

thank you, i'll try that.

amaris
06-10-10, 11:42
Is this game worth $60? I want to get it, but all i've seen from it is some guy running around killing zombies with chainsaws. :vlol: is it good? (story, gameplay, ect.) and yes, i have seen videos on youtube.

herothing
06-10-10, 16:41
Is this game worth $60? I want to get it, but all i've seen from it is some guy running around killing zombies with chainsaws. :vlol: is it good? (story, gameplay, ect.) and yes, i have seen videos on youtube.

I'd never played Dead Rising before until I got the second one,i think it's ok but it gets a bit boring IMO.

robm_2007
06-10-10, 16:49

i would say yes. there are 48 custom weapons you can make, there are over 50 survivors that you can rescue, practically anything can be used as a weapon; i did like the story (its not going to win any awards, but it was cool for this game). killing can be quite funny at times.

but, ive had it for a week, adn i am rather bored with it. i have beaten it 3 times since then; but i think that i am bored with it becuase on the first few days i got it, i would play about 6 hours a day :whi:

so, i would say that if you do buy it, dont play several hours in one sitting.

i think its GOTY material, one of my favorite games this year.

Camera Obscura
06-10-10, 17:54
but, ive had it for a week, adn i am rather bored with it. i have beaten it 3 times since then; but i think that i am bored with it becuase on the first few days i got it, i would play about 6 hours a day :whi:

Lucky. I've had it for a week and I've only played like two hours of it. Wish the weekend would hurry up already. :mad:

ozzman
06-10-10, 18:19
i have to restart :( my friend gave me the PS3 so i used his account, but some error erased his password that the both of us don't even know, so i made another account :(

on the bright side, DLC has been announced
http://www.capcom-europe.com/blog/2010/10/dead-rising-2-dlc-announced/

we now get the preorder costums for only 160MPs/€1.99/1.59 [whats the US dollar value BTW]

Sharon_14
06-10-10, 19:06
that sucks, where's the chris redfield costume?! WHERE IS IT CAPCOM?! HURUHHUARAAR!

ozzman
06-10-10, 20:58
lolz, i bet sharon puts chuck in his heart undies :D

Sharon_14
06-10-10, 21:14
actually? he is right now because there's this one lady that refuses to go with chuck unless he's in undies.

**** IT, WOMAN, NO ONE CARES YOU'RE HALF NAKED, THERE ARE ZOMBIES ALL OVER THE PLACE, STUPID.

sorry, just had to get that out.

ozzman
06-10-10, 21:21
i love how the stand in hords till you save them, but they can make it themselves if you use the pointer, much easier than in the first

Sharon_14
06-10-10, 21:29
i find surivivors really helpful in the phsycopaths battles, if there are 6 survivors shooting the phsycopath for example, he'll get all confused and run into walls. :p

ozzman
06-10-10, 21:35
lolz, but snowflake sucks at fighting psychopaths, she died, and the fail at killing Leon too, they had freaking shotguns for christs sake. the hyper zombies [Chrimson heads] are a pain in the ass period, they ALWAYS see you when using ninja costume

Dead rising coming to Iphone/ipod touch soon
http://wireless.ign.com/articles/112/1125416p1.html

tombraidergale
07-10-10, 21:07
I just hate the time limit for the missions... I mean, it's not that I can't finish the missions in time, but I'd like to explore and that limit make me anxious XD

Sharon_14
07-10-10, 21:13
wow, i'm sorry but... some of the female zombies have giant boobs, its so distracting.

robm_2007
07-10-10, 21:23
wow, i'm sorry but... some of the female zombies have giant boobs, its so distracting.

they arent Anna Nicole Smith big, so i have yet to get distracted. :mis:

amaris
07-10-10, 23:42

:vlol::vlol:

"Hey, look at those!!!"
*2 seconds later*
"You biyatch, you bit me!!!"
*turns into zombie* :vlol:

Carbonek_0051
08-10-10, 00:27
I just tried TIR, it's so fun. :p

robm_2007
08-10-10, 03:46
i cant get the tape it or die crew to come with me. its Case 6-1, adn i only have like less than one hour before the military shows up. there are no other cases active. i already got the poker players in teh safe house. although there are 2 snipers still, bu i have no srvivors with me. so, there should only add up to 6 ppl (2 snipers+4 TIOD Crew ppl) on the map, but the stupid door is locked :/

Carbonek_0051
08-10-10, 05:05
Can anyone tell me how to tame Snowflake? :o

dizzydoil
08-10-10, 06:02
Can anyone tell me how to OMGSPOILER? :o
To tame her, Chuck needs to obtain three pieces of steak. These can be found in the Wild West Grill House, in the Food Court; There are also isolated pieces of meat in Snowflake's habitat, and above the slot machines in Yucatan Casino. You can tame her by using the 3 pieces of steak found in her cage. During the battle, Chuck must toss the steak on the ground, one at a time, between himself and Snowflake, just as she begins her lunge attack's running start. The best opportunity is when she runs from Chuck, and then spins toward him, indicative of her upcoming attack. After each throw, she should cancel her run, and slowly move towards the steak, before eating it. Make sure to distance yourself from her during this time, as throwing the steak at close distances can be difficult. After Snowflake eats all three steaks, a cut-scene will play, and she will join Chuck. While attempting to tame Snowflake, zombies can interrupt her eating. Try to use ranged weapons to keep them off of her while she eats her meal. :D

Sharon_14
08-10-10, 10:15
they arent Anna Nicole Smith big, so i have yet to get distracted. :mis:

they're friggin' huge, they're almost as big as their heads, most of them don't have any bras on.

Carbonek_0051
08-10-10, 10:27
@Dale: Thanks, I'll try that later. :)

robm_2007
08-10-10, 19:57
they're friggin' huge, they're almost as big as their heads, most of them don't have any bras on.

which women are you talking about? i dont think you mean the women who wear the green or pinkish dress.

i have seen some curvy-ish women who wear pants adn a shirt who have giant cleavage.

Sharon_14
08-10-10, 20:13
i'm not talking about the zombies with the ripped evening wear, there are the regular female zombies with the cheap looking dresses, sometimes the same upper part of the dress is worn with pants and such, they have no bra so its hard to miss those. :pi:

robm_2007
08-10-10, 20:20
i'm not talking about the zombies with the ripped evening wear, there are the regular female zombies with the cheap looking dresses, sometimes the same upper part of the dress is worn with pants and such, they have no bra so its hard to miss those. :pi:

i think i know who your talking about :D. its a shame that we cant have zombie character skins and have such grandeur bosoms and slaughter thousands :(

Sharon_14
08-10-10, 21:49
too bad you can't play as... rebecca.

DAMN YOU, STUPID STORYLINE, WHY DID YOU HAVE TO OMFGSPOILER HER?

robm_2007
08-10-10, 23:55
sometimes a good story will have events that you dont want to happen. otherwise, if everystory went as you wanted, then tehre would be no twists or depression over a characters OMFGSPOILER .

Tonyrobinson
09-10-10, 00:43
Buying on Tuesday for my 18th! It'll be my first 18 rated game I've bought without the aid of my mum. :vlol:

robm_2007
09-10-10, 01:10
Buying on Tuesday for my 18th! It'll be my first 18 rated game I've bought without the aid of my mum. :vlol:

make sure you have an ID. im 21, adn i still get carded for buying mature (17+) games.

sure its flattering, but not when i go to the same ****ing store adn see the same person each time!

Tonyrobinson
09-10-10, 13:44
make sure you have an ID. im 21, adn i still get carded for buying mature (17+) games.

sure its flattering, but not when i go to the same ****ing store adn see the same person each time!

People always think I look as young as fifteen so I'm way ahead of you. Got my drivers license! :vlol:

Sharon_14
09-10-10, 15:11
OMFGSPOILER is so depressing. :(

ozzman
09-10-10, 15:18
i nearly cried when Sullivan kills Rebecca, just such a sad moment, i thought she would have made it too, the Red Head Cure Chick realy Reminds Me of Claire , looks like her too

Sharon_14
09-10-10, 15:21
i was silent during the whole thing, then i went "what the **** just happend. WHAT JUST HAPPEND ARHUWRHUAWHRAUIHWRIHS!!!", its so sudden and unexpected, too. :(

which ending do i need to get to unlock overtime mode? :confused:

larson n natla
09-10-10, 16:59
I just finished the first one, A ending, Overtime mode to get the true ending. Not much of an ending but I wonder if the answers are in the Frank West DLC for number 2.

Have to say whilst it had many, many flaws I still enjoyed the game and now I have infinite mode to play around in. Roll on Dead Rising 2 at christmas :ton:

ozzman
09-10-10, 17:01
i was silent during the whole thing, then i went "what the **** just happend. WHAT JUST HAPPEND ARHUWRHUAWHRAUIHWRIHS!!!", its so sudden and unexpected, too. :(

which ending do i need to get to unlock overtime mode? :confused:

S Rank, you need to give TK zombrex, keep katy alive, and complete ALL cases :hea:

robm_2007
09-10-10, 20:35
Did anyone else randomly get two items, and think that it could make something logical, when in fact, I wouldnt let you? i did, heres some ideas, maybe for a DLC (not that Capcom comes looking in here, but its for fun :p)

Lead Pipe+Brick= Mini Hammer

Bow & Arrow+Gasoline= Blazing Arrows

Grenade+Spraypaint= Smoke Bomb

Toy Helicopter+Assault Rifle= Attack Copter

Lead Pipe+Battery= Cattle Prod

Motor Oil+Gasoline= Sprayable Napalm (Acts as a Slippery liquid and sets things on fire)

Handgun+Firecrackers= Flare Gun

Sharon_14
09-10-10, 20:36
the flaming gloves make no sense whatsoever. :)

ozzman
09-10-10, 22:26

i agree, same with some of the others, but the Queen+nector one is good from what i've heard [gives hidden trophy]

robm_2007
09-10-10, 22:55

i thought so too. i didnt really care for them, TBH.

do you (or anyone) have any ideas for weapons? or even think that my ideas would make sense? :)

ozzman
09-10-10, 23:00
Halberd- Bowie Knive+Spear+Fire Axe
Fan Blade- Kitchen Knives + Parasole[umbrella] - looks lik a Giant Kitana Fan, does great damage when thrown

robm_2007
09-10-10, 23:10
Halberd- Bowie Knive+Spear+Fire Axe WTF?! i cant even imagine what that word means, nor what it would look like! :p

Fan Blade- Kitchen Knives + Parasole[umbrella] - looks lik a Giant Kitana Fan, does great damage when thrown
i actually thought that we could combine the Umbrella with knives. Maybe there could be a different version: the Umbrella would open up inside out, adn it would sort of eat a zombie like a Venus Fly Trap!! that would be awesome! :cln:

ozzman
09-10-10, 23:30
halberd is a Triple blade spear, with an axe type blade on one side, sickle or spear blade on another side and spike tip , it's a cool multi purpose weapon.

Sharon_14
12-10-10, 11:50
mmm... staring at chuck's butt while wearing the mankini is delicious. <3

thank you, capcom, really, thank you. :)

Jill Lover
12-10-10, 12:05
How do you get that outfit Sharon?

Tonyrobinson
12-10-10, 15:13
Got Dead Rising 2 last night, I love it but the save system sucks ballls!

Sharon_14
12-10-10, 15:47
How do you get that outfit Sharon?

its also outside of the dressing room, its basically all over that store. :pi:

larson n natla
12-10-10, 15:55
On the whole

Is Dead Rising 2 better than Dead Rising

Dead Rising < Dead Rising 2

or

Dead Rising 2 < Dead Rising

robm_2007
12-10-10, 16:14
On the whole

Is Dead Rising 2 better than Dead Rising

Dead Rising < Dead Rising 2

or

Dead Rising 2 < Dead Rising

DR2 is way better. anyone who says other wise, well, is insane.

ozzman
12-10-10, 16:56
Psycho outfit pack is out now :D for those who didn't preorder

Jill Lover
12-10-10, 18:12
I've just downloaded all the packs from the store, but how do i use them??? :hea:

robm_2007
12-10-10, 18:21
I've just downloaded all the packs from the store, but how do i use them??? :hea:

Go to the Safe House, in the bathroom, there is a locker.

you can change into Chuck's default outfit, face, hair, and boots (or even down to his boxers); adn you can use any clothes that you were rewarded or downloaded. :)

ozzman
12-10-10, 18:25
you can mix the packs to gain additional effects [ninja plus sports gives silence and Speed]

Jill Lover
12-10-10, 19:18
I just get the message "there's no additional content" do i have to finish the game first?

ozzman
12-10-10, 19:50
no, if you get the "Free ones" you don't get to use them, they just allow you to play with people in co-op that have them, you have to pay for them and install them to use, as far as i know , only the Psychopath costume is avalable to buy

robm_2007
12-10-10, 21:05
I just get the message "there's no additional content" do i have to finish the game first?

unless you BOUGHT the Psycho pack, or had a redeeming code for an outfit, then you didnt actually Dwld anything. there is a patch of sorts which allows you to play with other ppl who actually own the outfits; you dont get to use them on yourself, it just updates your game so that it will recognize the new content that isnt on the disc; basically what Ozzman says.

Sharon_14
12-10-10, 21:15
they all sound very boring, and they look fugly, too. :)

Scurvy
12-10-10, 21:19
Deadirsing 2 is still ****ed up as deadrising 1, but at least they fixed the ai system of survivors a tiny bit :L

robm_2007
12-10-10, 21:27
they all sound very boring, and they look fugly, too. :)

the ninja outfit is okay looking, its cool at first, but i wanted to wear normal clothes; you know, like some low heels and a dress :pi:

the ninja one makes the zombies practically never attack you or grab you; and you only need to wear one of the items for you to reap the affects of the outfit.

Deadirsing 2 is still ****ed up as deadrising 1, but at least they fixed the ai system of survivors a tiny bit :L

i have yet to get an AI member killed (by zombies) the only time one died was if they were stuck in a horde and i was slashing away to help them, but accidentally killed them also; one also was killed by a sniper! http://www.smileysnetwork.com/manchots/krzywy.gif

it is boring now, though. ive beaten it 4 times in 2 weeks. and ive been playing too much every day (like 3-6 hours), so i have become desensitzed to teh fun of killing zombies :(

ill play it more in a few months or so, ill just wait for New Vegas to play.
------------
i really hope that they release DLC that is non-outfits adn non-multiplayer stuff.

maybe they can increase the level cap (im at level 50, yet i can still get PP). maybe soime more rescue missions, or some random story missions, adn an infinite mode

Sharon_14
12-10-10, 21:31
jesus, they should let us play as rebecca.

robm_2007
12-10-10, 21:48
jesus, they should let us play as rebecca.

Jesus doesn't frequent this thread; there's no point in telling Him.

Paddy
13-10-10, 01:17
The survivors on 1 couldnt fight for **** lol, I hope everythings improved on 2.

Jill Lover
15-10-10, 16:02
I'm at level 18, currently saving survivors in the mankini suit :p. Couldn't beat the twins in the story mode. I will try to improve Chuck abilities and then start taking down all the psychos... kind of frustrating. And all the "loading" screens makes my blood boil.

Sharon_14
15-10-10, 17:39
you should take lots of steaks with you (4 can be found in the yucatan), an LMG (that can also be found there) and make a knived boxing gloves beforehand, and focus on only one of them. :o

ozzman
15-10-10, 18:23
i just used a shotgun on the one

DragonSlayer
25-10-10, 13:29
Can someone help me out as this is doing my head in :hea:

I'm on case 2 at least i think i am anyway a brief movie plays showing someone being eaten then i get a message saying the truth has vanished or something like that and i fail the case what the :cen: is going on i never got any indication that i was supposed to look for someone or something called the truth so i have no idea what's happening.

ozzman
25-10-10, 15:31
yeah you failed to get to the next case in time, now all you can do is save survivors and keep katey alive, or restart

DragonSlayer
25-10-10, 17:30
yeah you failed to get to the next case in time, now all you can do is save survivors and keep katey alive, or restart

I don't mind restarting i'm having too much fun playing this game so restarting doesn't bother me thanks for clearing that up for me.

ozzman
25-10-10, 17:44
no problem, i however have to restart from LV 1, which sucks,but atleast i get ninja costume still :D

interstellardave
25-10-10, 18:02
I don't mind restarting i'm having too much fun playing this game so restarting doesn't bother me thanks for clearing that up for me.

It's a good idea to keep playing it through so that you can continue to level up. That way when you start again you'll be better off.

ozzman
25-10-10, 19:37
It's a good idea to keep playing it through so that you can continue to level up. That way when you start again you'll be better off.

yeah , and you can farm survivors too, save a few easy ones, restart and continue , or use the goblin head/battery combo glitch [have gun out, make it last longer,having the card helps too]

Camera Obscura
25-10-10, 21:31
Aw man, I just failed my first case "Ante Up". I thought I was doing so well because I've been able to rescue every case-related survivor (and a few non-case survivors) and defeat every single psychopath on my first playthrough. But then I ran out of time on Ante Up and it expired halfway through my poker game. Grrr. Now I'm going into overtime mode I believe and those zombies are vicious. D:

ozzman
25-10-10, 23:35
yes they are, i hate the hyper zombies

DragonSlayer
26-10-10, 07:59

I'm going to have to restart between when i load my save and when i fail the case only a few minutes go by before i fail the case which is not enough to do anything save survivors or get katie toys.

noonbob
26-10-10, 08:16
i completed the whole thing :ton: and can i just say it is an amazing !!!! game :jmp: :)

ozzman
26-10-10, 13:38
it is, i loved it , but miss a few things from the first, [insane Psychopath Deaths] but over all it's great, but the gore looks weird like jello in close ups, the gore in the first was better

noonbob
26-10-10, 13:40
yeah definately ^^ now im using some mods and im waiting 4 the DLC :D

DragonSlayer
01-11-10, 09:50
Strange when i load my game i no longer fail the case i still get the same short vid that i got before then a mission goes off screen and doesn't come back after that i went into the office where katie is and started the mission where i'm chasing after TK using the motorbike.

sikasika18
01-11-10, 11:37
i really need some help beating the army psycho...... he is impossible to defeat. add me on psn, nordling90 i'll invite to my game.

Shark_Blade
01-11-10, 12:26
I've got Dead Rising 2 with Fallout New Vegas. :jmp:

sikasika18
01-11-10, 12:31
I've got Dead Rising 2 with Fallout New Vegas. :jmp:

could you help me on dead rising 2? add nordling90. i'll invite

Shark_Blade
01-11-10, 12:48
^lol wish I could help you but I haven't even started the game yet (I'm about to though). And I can only play offline at the moment, hope someone else can kindly help you out.

People! Please come help sikasika right here! :wve::)

ozzman
01-11-10, 13:02
i really need some help beating the army psycho...... he is impossible to defeat. add me on psn, nordling90 i'll invite to my game.

take some health and stock up on shotguns before going to the fight, you can also get handguns, assultrifles and a LMG during the fight, climb high and try to advoid him, use your guns when you can:hea:

sikasika18
02-11-10, 20:27
did it:D
yesterday I finished the game and got the S ending, very good game;)

ozzman
02-11-10, 20:37
yeah it is, wasn't the Pimp a pain in overtime

sikasika18
02-11-10, 22:09
you mean TK?
no he was actually much easier to kill than the army guy.
the trick was to throw things n him cause he would loose more health that way rather than hitting him with something upclose.
wierd=S
glad I made it through anyway, and thanks for the tip, it really helped.

Camera Obscura
02-11-10, 23:04
take some health and stock up on shotguns before going to the fight, you can also get handguns, assultrifles and a LMG during the fight, climb high and try to advoid him, use your guns when you can:hea:

At close range he gets you with a melee attack and at long range he shoots you. I found out that if you get close and then pull back his melee attacks will always miss and he'll almost never shoot you either as long as you get close again. Add to the fact that you can stock on all sorts of guns on your way to the fight and this battle is practically gift wrapped for you. :tea:

sikasika18
03-11-10, 10:38
I did stock a hug amount of weapons on me before the fight but they all dissapeared when I got to fight him right after the second cutscene.
I thought that it was supposed to be like that=S
I killed him with the things I found during the fight, throw things at him is the way to go.

edit- oh you meant the armyguy?
I thought you were talking about TK hehe XD

Camera Obscura
03-11-10, 21:35
^ yeah, i was referring to the psychopath from case 6-2. lol

tombraidergale
03-01-11, 19:00
Is anyone up to play on PS3? I have to defeat that armed guy who keeps Rebecca in his car, but I keep dying :hea: My PSN ID is raidergale, if someone is willing to help me... well, just add me XD

igonge
03-01-11, 21:57
Been playing lots and lots of Dead Rising 1 and 2 lately. Maxed out my level and bought that big red SUV thing (wooooooo) on the PS3 version. Been playing the PC version too. Played case Zero and Case West on 360 and I'm on the Isabela bike boss fight in the original game. I love this series!!!

I think Dead Rising 3 should be set in an airport lol

Scurvy
03-01-11, 23:29
^^^ But why D:

robm_2007
04-01-11, 00:32
^^^ But why D:

Airports are big, and many major airports have restaurants, stores, gift shops, etc.

its a really big place adn many places to explore.

Sharon_14
04-01-11, 12:04
I think Dead Rising 3 should be set in an airport lol

i had the exact same thought, it'll be amazing!!! :eek:

Scurvy
04-01-11, 14:55
But what will be the storyline >__>
But after Casewest, sure there's plenty of opportunities and all for it to be placed, but thinking logically an airport??? :p

I would just prefer more then one location in Deadrising 3 :ton:

Sharon_14
04-01-11, 14:57
casewest looks bad, i'll probably never play it, and i don't really care, but they should have brought this dlc to the other consoles.

dead rising 3 should have a female lead, am i right?! http://209.85.48.20/8163/42/0/e5016055//e5016055.png

igonge
04-01-11, 16:18
dead rising 3 should have a female lead, am i right?! http://209.85.48.20/8163/42/0/e5016055//e5016055.png

When I was playing DR2 I was like, Rebecca would be a good character to play as, she has a video camera and stuff and she is tough but we all know how that idea is out of the window now.

When Rebecca was shot by Sullivan I was like :yik: I did not see that coming!

Yeah I want a female lead for Dead Rising 3.

Hairhelmet12
05-01-11, 03:56
casewest looks bad, i'll probably never play it, and i don't really care, but they should have brought this dlc to the other consoles.

I played the trial and it was a bit lame.

igonge
05-01-11, 11:09
^I played the whole thing and I thought it was great. Nice new weapons in there too, like that impact hammer, send zombies flying all over the place :p

Had a good extension to the story and added a new bitch villain to the series.

Sharon_14
05-01-11, 11:48
When I was playing DR2 I was like, Rebecca would be a good character to play as, she has a video camera and stuff and she is tough but we all know how that idea is out of the window now.

Yeah I want a female lead for Dead Rising 3.

obviously, they could have done a proper co-op mode and made her an optional single player character (with an option to play as her in the main game after beating the game with a specific ending or something), it would have been pretty great, but no, they had to do what they did, look, the s ending is supposed to be the "true" ending, right? but casewest starts after what seems to be ending a which is pretty stupid, imo.

casewest looks boring as ****, lol, it seems like it has a boring story and all you do is kill lots of zombies, you can do that in the main game as well, some old characters pop for a mintue and then they're gone, what's the point? also you can't play as frank in single player mode either, it's totally awful.

igonge
05-01-11, 12:00
s ending is supposed to be the "true" ending, right? but casewest starts after what seems to be ending a which is pretty stupid, imo.

I thought it was pretty strange that case west continued from ending A. I mean, ending S was a better ending you had to work harder to unlock. Case West seems like it was an excuse to bring back Frank but it seems that it's canon by the way the story ends.

Sharon_14
05-01-11, 12:06
lol, maybe ending s and overtime happend before ending a, when it happens, both stacey and katey are off on a helicopter, and zombie tk (somehow got there zombified from the arena?) got chuck, and then frank hit him with a bat.

that explains a lot. :D

seriously, though, the bromance wouldn't be the same if katey and stacey were with chuck when he first met frank.

igonge
05-01-11, 12:11
lol, maybe ending s and overtime happend before ending a, when it happens, both stacey and katey are off on a helicopter, and zombie tk (somehow got there zombified from the arena?) got chuck, and then frank hit him with a bat.

That would be convenient. :p

Hairhelmet12
13-08-11, 00:13
Not sure if this is the right DR thread, god knows the Search never brings up anything you actually search for...

ANYWAY, I got this yesterday and love it!
I'm on case 6, Rebecca better not die! or I'm going to lose it! D':

Some of the psychos are really hard!

And what's this Off the Record thing? with Frank in fortune city?

Camera Obscura
13-08-11, 00:41
Not sure if this is the right DR thread, god knows the Search never brings up anything you actually search for...

Some of the psychos are really hard!

From what I understand, Off the Record is a "what if" scenario in which, instead of Chuck, Frank is a contestant on Terror Is Reality. There's a zombie outbreak, and being the ex-journalist? that he is, Frank must uncover the mystery and find the culprit. It's basically the same game as the original Dead Rising 2 but the general plot will differ a bit to reflect Frank's point of view of the situation such as the absence of Chuck and Katy from the story, new psychos to battle, and a new location as well (an amusement park).

The game is set to be released on October 11, 2011 for the PS3, Xbox 360, and PC. Price is $40.

robm_2007
13-08-11, 00:42

:pi: :whi: :p
---
Off the Record is a non-canon game, where Frank is in Fortune City. FC has new areas, as well as new weapons, characters and storylines. Instead of Chick being a motorcross racer, Frank is a wrestler or something.

I hope to get it in 2012, in order to buy the other new games that I must get, and it being $40 is a great price.

Hairhelmet12
13-08-11, 19:30
From what I understand, Off the Record is a "what if" scenario in which, instead of Chuck, Frank is a contestant on Terror Is Reality. There's a zombie outbreak, and being the ex-journalist? that he is, Frank must uncover the mystery and find the culprit. It's basically the same game as the original Dead Rising 2 but the general plot will differ a bit to reflect Frank's point of view of the situation such as the absence of Chuck and Katy from the story, new psychos to battle, and a new location as well (an amusement park).

The game is set to be released on October 11, 2011 for the PS3, Xbox 360, and PC. Price is $40.

Ohh, that sounds cool.
:pi: :whi: :p

NNNOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
I knew it was going to happen! I remembered reading she got shot, but I didn't want to believe it. ):

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x215/hairhelmet24/tumblr_lfi97dOhva1qzg284.gif

She was so awesome.
I hate how they just brushed it off like 'oh geez, he shot her. *Blank chuck stare*'