PDA

View Full Version : How to access already downloaded DLC

~*~Chloe~*~
11-07-10, 18:04
I connected to Xbox Live to download the DLC for Resident Evil 5 Gold (I used the voucher) but now I've disconnected and dont know how to access it. I know it's on there because it's taking up memory but dont know how I can use it. Can somebody help me?

Lara's home
11-07-10, 18:06
Erm.. I'd just delete it and re-download it, tbh. Probably a better solution out there, but at least my method works..

~*~Chloe~*~
11-07-10, 18:09
That would mean that I would have to pay to download it as the vouchers already been used :(

Alive_and_Funky
11-07-10, 18:11
From what I've heard (and I actually heard this recently), you need to remain connected to access your DLC. Ridiculous, isn't it?

Carbonek_0051
11-07-10, 18:15
From what I've heard (and I actually heard this recently), you need to remain connected to access your DLC. Ridiculous, isn't it?

I've actually not had a problem with that, I didn't need to be connected to access my DLC for RE5, at least that I remember.

Anyway, are you having issues finding it in the main menu? Or it just doesn't say you have DLC at all?

~*~Chloe~*~
11-07-10, 18:21
Well when I go into memory / games / resident evil 5 its there and takes up just over 1gb but I don't know how to actually play it :s

Carbonek_0051
11-07-10, 18:23
There is an option in the main menu of the game, I believe it's bonus content or something like that.

EDIT: It's under "Extra Content" in the main menu of the game.

~*~Chloe~*~
11-07-10, 18:26
Did you mean bonus features? Because its not there :( do I need to complete the game to see it because I've only just bought the game

Carbonek_0051
11-07-10, 18:27
No it's the last option after Mercenaries, it says "Extra Content", and I don't think you have to beat the game. I wouldn't know because I finished the game before I got the DLC.

~*~Chloe~*~
11-07-10, 18:31
I can't see mercenaries because I haven't completed the game but extra content isn't there either :(

Carbonek_0051
11-07-10, 18:34
Well I've done all I can do, sorry. :/

Lara's home
11-07-10, 18:48
That would mean that I would have to pay to download it as the vouchers already been used :(

Not likely. If you already have downloaded it, it's free to redownload it, is it not?

Hairhelmet12
11-07-10, 18:56
Not likely. If you already have downloaded it, it's free to redownload it, is it not?

Yeah, once you've downloaded it you can redownload it, free. just delete it from your memory, and go to it again in the game marketplace and redownload. it should fix the problem.

thanatos
12-07-10, 13:43
As someone's already pointed out, you have to be online to access ANY downloaded content on the Xbox 360, a rather severe limitation intended to stop people downloading content onto someone else's hard drive after already downloading it onto their own, one of the systems major missteps if you ask me and the only one it has that truly grates with me.

~*~Chloe~*~
12-07-10, 14:19
It's okay I've fixed the problem now. And no I dont need to be online to access it :)

Carbonek_0051
12-07-10, 19:02
As someone's already pointed out, you have to be online to access ANY downloaded content on the Xbox 360, a rather severe limitation intended to stop people downloading content onto someone else's hard drive after already downloading it onto their own, one of the systems major missteps if you ask me and the only one it has that truly grates with me.

No you don't, the only time that happened for me was with Rock Band. Every other game I have with DLC I can be offline and play it.

ozzman
12-07-10, 19:17
for gold edition you need to Beat the main game first in order to use the DLC, my friend has it and had the same problem , till be beat it

Lara's Nemesis
12-07-10, 20:21
I've heard of people being unable to access DLC when offline before.

It can be due to licensing issues, if you downloaded the extra content on an older machine you have to transfer all your licenses over to your new Xbox. Once you've done this you can play all DLC offline.

ozzman
12-07-10, 21:03
when i had no internet for a week, all my DLC worked fine, maybe it's just for online games. i remeber playing LIN all by myself with dumbass chris, who decided to wast all his ammo and knife the guardians

Ward Dragon
12-07-10, 22:11
Your gamertag is tied to the console that you own, so any DLC that you purchase gets automatically tied to both your gamertag and your console. It can be played from your console whether it's online or offline, and whether it's you or someone else signed in. However if you try to play your DLC on someone else's console you need to be connected to Live and signed in under your gamertag for it to work.

If you buy a new console you need to transfer all of your DLC rights over to the new console using Microsoft's site. You're allowed to do this for free once per year (but if the console breaks and they issue you a new one then they will do this for you and it will not use up your free transfer).